Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:23:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:13:02 PM

Anyone know where I can get a new one of these PCI-e to Screw Terminal adapters?
Or where I can get the lugs that attach and are crimpted to the wires so I can make it myself?

Additionally, is it kosher to have both PCIe connectors hooked up, in addition to these two screw terminals, if we want to ensure our rigs are getting all the juice they require ?

Read: Is having 4 power sources going to the M-Board going to cause it to melt ?

Would be interested in picking up a few of these cables as well.

You should not connect more than one PSU to the same rig, because they will fight each other. But there's no harm connecting a single PSU to a rig with as many connections (screw, PCIe, etc) as you want, the more the better within reason. I highly recommend using four 6+2-pin or 8-pin PCIe power cables from your PSU for a full rig. 6-pin PCIe power cables may use the same wire gauge and connector quality, but may not have the best connections inside the PSU or may be too limited by any per-rail OCP. If your PSU doesn't have four 6+2-pin/8-pin connectors, it may not be designed to provide as much continuous power to them as you need.

so it's ok to mix 2 pci-e and 2 ring connectors cables from the same psu to one rig?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:28:27 PM

Sorry to post technical on the sales thread but does anyone have or know where I can get an image for the V3 M board.  Nothing on the OP and not getting answers from the other threads.
Thanks!!

This is what I'm running.  It's set up to use bfgminer, not chainminer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz

Once you have it installed, you might want to update bfgminer:

Code:
cd bfgminer && git pull && make && sudo make install && sudo shutdown -r now

salfter,

your image is working well.  it's been 48 hr and my periodic "reset" issues have disappeared and i now have a much more stable HR.  thank you.

however, when i try to update bfgminer with:

Code:

i get this:

Code:
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
driver-bfsb.c
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

how can i fix this error?

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:33:39 PM

Sorry to post technical on the sales thread but does anyone have or know where I can get an image for the V3 M board.  Nothing on the OP and not getting answers from the other threads.
Thanks!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57535575/bitfury-sd-card-customized-2.img.xz

Code:

salfter,

your image is working well.  it's been 48 hr and my periodic "reset" issues have disappeared and i now have a much more stable HR.  thank you.

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

You can clone bfgminer into a similar named dir.

Have you personally modified the bfsb driver c file ?
If so what change?

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:46:11 PM

Anyone know where I can get a new one of these PCI-e to Screw Terminal adapters?
Or where I can get the lugs that attach and are crimpted to the wires so I can make it myself?

Additionally, is it kosher to have both PCIe connectors hooked up, in addition to these two screw terminals, if we want to ensure our rigs are getting all the juice they require ?

Read: Is having 4 power sources going to the M-Board going to cause it to melt ?

Would be interested in picking up a few of these cables as well.

You should not connect more than one PSU to the same rig, because they will fight each other. But there's no harm connecting a single PSU to a rig with as many connections (screw, PCIe, etc) as you want, the more the better within reason.I highly recommend using four 6+2-pin or 8-pin PCIe power cables from your PSU for a full rig. 6-pin PCIe power cables may use the same wire gauge and connector quality, but may not have the best connections inside the PSU or may be too limited by any per-rail OCP. If your PSU doesn't have four 6+2-pin/8-pin connectors, it may not be designed to provide as much continuous power to them as you need.

so it's ok to mix 2 pci-e and 2 ring connectors cables from the same psu to one rig?

Yes - it is addressed in the post above your question.  In red.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:50:44 PM

Thanks!!

Code:

salfter,

your image is working well.  it's been 48 hr and my periodic "reset" issues have disappeared and i now have a much more stable HR.  thank you.

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

You can clone bfgminer into a similar named dir.

sorry, linux noob here.  can you be more specific, preferably with code needed?
Have you personally modified the bfsb driver c file ?
If so what change?

like salfter, i have been changing the chip speed settings downwards until i eliminate all chip errors.  this seems to be working well but you have to recompile to save the changes and then restart.  remember, i'm using salfter's image and i don't know if he made any other changes to this file but i haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

eventually, i'd like to be able to compile bfgminer on my own but there seems to be a requirement to insert a couple of "sudo modprobe" commands somewhere to get it to work and i haven't figured that out yet.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:04:25 PM

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

I had that problem back when I tried to update cgminer in minepeon. Kano used this as a solution back then:

git checkout etc/miner.conf.donate
git pull

So I am guessing (might be wrong) your solution might be something like this:

Code:
cd bfgminer && git checkout driver-bfsb.c && git pull && make && sudo make install && sudo shutdown -r now

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:02:59 PM

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

I had that problem back when I tried to update cgminer in minepeon. Kano used this as a solution back then:

git pull

Code:
cd bfgminer && git checkout driver-bfsb.c && git pull && make && sudo make install && sudo shutdown -r now

worked great Morblias, thank you.

my stratum connection is rock solid now and i'm continuing to tweek chip settings.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:20:38 PM

price target of $150 by end of month before people will actually start buying the hcards.
otherwise the whole inventory will be worth close to $0

ok
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:22:00 PM

price target of $150 by end of month before people will actually start buying the hcards.

How do you know people aren't buying?
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:26:07 PM

they have a live inventory counter. they've sold about 200 h cards in dec/jan and still have about 1800 available in inventory.
it makes no financial sense to buy them with either bitcoins or USD

ok
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:08:51 PM

they have a live inventory counter. they've sold about 200 h cards in dec/jan and still have about 1800 available in inventory.

They constantly add to the inventory so you would have no idea how much they are selling.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:17:54 PM

They constantly add to the inventory so you would have no idea how much they are selling.

Also, their inventory is constantly earning BTC, so I'm sure they are in no hurry to sell it for less than they think it will earn.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:22:19 PM

Also, their inventory is constantly earning BTC, so I'm sure they are in no hurry to sell it for less than they think it will earn.

I don't think this is true. My recent purchase have all come sealed in ESD bags. So unless they went to the trouble of buying new bags and a sealer just to hide that they are using the cards, i suspect that your statement is just speculation presented as fact. and possibly Libel.
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:39:27 PM

At the moment, I would pay $225/card for Feb 1 delivery, or $285/card for Jan 23 delivery. That's mostly based on the current value of BTC, so will change if the exchange rate goes up. It would need to get up to $1020/BTC by tomorrow to make it worth buying a 14-card v3 rig for $5100 (1/4 rig plus 10 more discounted cards).

Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:59:40 PM

If they're not hashing with their inventory, it's really a shame. All that inventory sitting on shelves loses 16% of its value per week. Personally I don't mind at all if they are selling used (tested) hardware. That's only a problem in a pre-order scenario where doing so delays delivery of hardware paid for in advance. That said, my guess is they're not mining with their inventory, unfortunately for everyone since they might be more inclined to lower prices if it didn't feel like a loss to do so.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:34:16 PM

I don't think this is true. My recent purchase have all come sealed in ESD bags. So unless they went to the trouble of buying new bags and a sealer just to hide that they are using the cards, i suspect that your statement is just speculation presented as fact. and possibly Libel.

Maybe YOUR cards all came in sealed ESD bags, but my order came in a mixed combination of sealed and non sealed (ie just tape to close the edb bag). In fact the majority of the cards I got were not fully sealed. I bet you anything others got cards that were not fully sealed too.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

If they're not hashing with their inventory, it's really a shame. All that inventory sitting on shelves loses 16% of its value per week. Personally I don't mind at all if they are selling used (tested) hardware. That's only a problem in a pre-order scenario where doing so delays delivery of hardware paid for in advance. That said, my guess is they're not mining with their inventory, unfortunately for everyone since they might be more inclined to lower prices if it didn't feel like a loss to do so.

I would be very surprised if they were not mining with the inventory. If I had to guess I'd say they are just pulling the cards/rigs from their live farm as customer orders come through. They may have a bunch of brand new cards in stock too that they may throw in once in a while.

Either way we are all just speculating and we can never know for sure until we hear from MBP.

Like you I really don't care if they used the cards as long as they are not offloading troublesome cards on to us.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:39:41 PM

Has anyone tried bfgminer on a v3 m-board. I was under the impression that it does not work with v3 m-boards and using it could even damage the cards/system. Any info on this?

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:42:01 PM

Has anyone tried bfgminer on a v3 m-board. I was under the impression that it does not work with v3 m-boards and using it could even damage the cards/system. Any info on this?

that's what i'm using as described above with v2.2 h boards

been running rock solid for +48hr now.  totally solved my intermittent, random disconnects which was destroying my HR.
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:06:21 AM

Code:

i get this:

Code:
driver-bfsb.c
Aborting

git pull

Code:

worked great Morblias, thank you.

my stratum connection is rock solid now and i'm continuing to tweek chip settings.

Can you actually tune individual chips with MFG?
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: