Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:14:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
neilol

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:33:10 PM

Whole market is taking a hit today - if it didnt take 5 days to turn fiat into bitcoin id be xfering in more

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:49:17 PM

Whole market is taking a hit today - if it didnt take 5 days to turn fiat into bitcoin id be xfering in more

Everyones trying to jump on these new IPOs in the hopes that as soon as the initial shares sell out they can make a quick buck.

Sadly for them there are too many "New IPOs" popping up and the money is too spread out for these clowns to make anything.

Hell this IceDrill guy is trying to take in 2 Million Dollars worth of BTC in 6 days.

Keep Steady, this ship is sailing on smooth waters.

Why do people buy into these IPOs?  Because profit. 
They're buying into the second-highest tier of a pyramid scheme.  As long as they keep their mouths shut, or parrot the IPO issuers managing the hype machine, they will profit.
Hold, Spartans!
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 02:19:20 PM

Everyones trying to jump on these new IPOs in the hopes that as soon as the initial shares sell out they can make a quick buck.

Sadly for them there are too many "New IPOs" popping up and the money is too spread out for these clowns to make anything.

Hell this IceDrill guy is trying to take in 2 Million Dollars worth of BTC in 6 days.

They're buying into the second-highest tier of a pyramid scheme.  As long as they keep their mouths shut, or parrot the IPO issuers managing the hype machine, they will profit.
Hold, Spartans!

LabCoin was oversubscribed with $2mil wanting to get in... so raising $2mil in 6 days isn't impossible. I mean, LabCoin is 130nm Process... on what planet is that a sensible investment when its competing with 28nm process. Even though IceDrill isn't producing their own chips (yet) - they are more competitive per GH than Labcoin, and power consumption being the key factor here, IceDrill eats labcoin for breakfast. But then compare both of those offerings with ActiveM and ActiveM leaves them in the dust. Anyway - ActM is still a good buy, Labcoin is a joke, IceDrill *Might* make their IPO, BTCGarden is a joke... etc.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:06:53 PM

Hold, Spartans!

LabCoin was oversubscribed with $2mil wanting to get in... so raising $2mil in 6 days isn't impossible. I mean, LabCoin is 130nm Process... on what planet is that a sensible investment when its competing with 28nm process. Even though IceDrill isn't producing their own chips (yet) - they are more competitive per GH than Labcoin, and power consumption being the key factor here, IceDrill eats labcoin for breakfast. But then compare both of those offerings with ActiveM and ActiveM leaves them in the dust. Anyway - ActM is still a good buy, Labcoin is a joke, IceDrill *Might* make their IPO, BTCGarden is a joke... etc.

Please understand that the IPO that promising you more unicorns for your money is not "a better IPO," but a bigger load of crap.
The 28nm "bitcoin ASICs" are as real right now as unicorns.
Sure, they could be built by someone in the future, when the stars align, the lord is willing and if the creek don't rise. 
'Till that happy day, the process of the ASIC & its specs are a function of your credulity and the audacity of the IPO.

xchrisxsays

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:28:29 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 03:57:39 PM by xchrisxsays

Why do people buy into these IPOs?  Because profit.  
They're buying into the second-highest tier of a pyramid scheme.  As long as they keep their mouths shut, or parrot the IPO issuers managing the hype machine, they will profit.
Hold, Spartans!

Please understand that the IPO that promising you more unicorns for your money is not "a better IPO," but a bigger load of crap.
Sure, they could be built by someone in the future, when the stars align, the lord is willing and if the creek don't rise.  
'Till that happy day, the process of the ASIC & its specs are a function of your credulity and the audacity of the IPO.

Not quite... no one is actively investing in and creating real life Unicorns. However there are steps being taken to produce a 28 nm chip. The odds are a lot more likely for that to happen than for Univorns to exist. Awful analogy.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:30:29 PM

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/30/unicorns-existence-proven-says-north-korea/

SamuelSG

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:33:47 PM

I feel bad for you, I finally got my L2 Confirmation from CoinBase a couple weeks ago, really loving the 50BTC per day available in my wallet in 6 seconds...

Hell, they dont even know if there is money in my account when they let me walk off with $5k in coin, I could technically turn fiat to coin in -2 days Wink
Too risky of course, and I know for a fact that they have more personal info on me than the IRS & SSA, so definitely wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong end of a deal like that Roll Eyes

Highly recommend their service.
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:37:47 PM

Quote from your link:
The North Korean news agency does not have much of a reputation for factual accuracy. When the country’s former dictator Kim Jong Il died in December 2011, it reported a rock carving glowing brightly and ice near his presumed birthplace to have cracked “so loud, it seemed to shake the Heavens and the Earth” in mourning of the Dear Leader. While he was alive, Kim reportedly invented the hamburger, wrote 1,500 books in three years while at university, and shot eleven holes-in-one the first time he played golf (a feat verified by his 17 bodyguards).

But hey, i admire your tenacity.
Hold, Spartans!
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:39:49 PM

They're buying into the second-highest tier of a pyramid scheme.  As long as they keep their mouths shut, or parrot the IPO issuers managing the hype machine, they will profit.
Hold, Spartans!

It seems like you are uninformed about the technology you are commenting on (like most people here). You can't simply compare ActM's, KnC's, or the FastHash 28nm ASICs with the chips from AM, Avalon, BFL, BitFury, Labcoin and Bit Garden based on the process size. The technology is different. The former are basically converted FPGAs while the latter are true ASICs. That's why BitFury and KnC provide similar efficiency, despite BitFury using 55nm and KnC using 28nm. Don't be surprised if 2nd gen AM, Avalon, Labcoin and BitGarden ASICs offer similar of better performance.
Exocyst

Activity: 266

Science!

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:40:17 PM

I feel bad for you, I finally got my L2 Confirmation from CoinBase a couple weeks ago, really loving the 50BTC per day available in my wallet in 6 seconds...

Hell, they dont even know if there is money in my account when they let me walk off with $5k in coin, I could technically turn fiat to coin in -2 days Wink
Too risky of course, and I know for a fact that they have more personal info on me than the IRS & SSA, so definitely wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong end of a deal like that Roll Eyes

Highly recommend their service.

There is always #bitcoin-otc (I use BofA instant transfer to buy), so deals are done quick.

VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 03:45:53 PM

Hold, Spartans!

Well by your measure 65nm chips are essentially unicorns.

VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

Hold, Spartans!

It seems like you are uninformed about the technology you are commenting on (like most people here). You can't simply compare ActM's, KnC's, or the FastHash 28nm ASICs with the chips from AM, Avalon, BFL, BitFury, Labcoin and Bit Garden based on the process size. The technology is different. The former are basically converted FPGAs while the latter are true ASICs. That's why BitFury and KnC provide similar efficiency, despite BitFury using 55nm and KnC using 28nm. Don't be surprised if 2nd gen AM, Avalon, Labcoin and BitGarden ASICs offer similar of better performance.

Source?

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:47:39 PM

Quote from your link:
The North Korean news agency does not have much of a reputation for factual accuracy. When the country’s former dictator Kim Jong Il died in December 2011, it reported a rock carving glowing brightly and ice near his presumed birthplace to have cracked “so loud, it seemed to shake the Heavens and the Earth” in mourning of the Dear Leader. While he was alive, Kim reportedly invented the hamburger, wrote 1,500 books in three years while at university, and shot eleven holes-in-one the first time he played golf (a feat verified by his 17 bodyguards).

But hey, i admire your tenacity.
Hold, Spartans!

I believe it all.  How could 17 bodyguards all lie about it?

knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:50:59 PM

Here's some more fuel for your FUD fire::

COINLAB ANNOUNCES FIRST INCUBATOR COMPANY
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:55:52 PM

Hold, Spartans!

Source?

From eASIC's website (ActM):

eASIC Nextreme-2 is a family of NEW ASIC devices, manufactured on a 45nm CMOS process, and built using eASIC’s patented single-via customization technology. The eASIC Nextreme-2 family provides ASIC-like performance, power and low unit-cost combined with FPGA-like design flow and rapid delivery of devices.

From OrSoC's site (KnC):

ORSoC offer its customers full development services for any FPGA- or ASIC- targeted designs. Our goal is to provide a quality solution, meeting functionality and performance requirements, regardless of complexity.

I don't believe anyone could afford to produce a fully custom 28nm ASIC at the moment, as I've heard the mask costs more than $10 million.
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:06:01 PM

Hold, Spartans!
Well by your measure 65nm chips are essentially unicorns.

The 65nm chips are 4realz, rest easy.  Though there's wailing of Biblical proportions in Avalon & BFL threads.  Probably the very same people who would be manning the the "Lynch Crumbs!!1!" mob.

Edit:  See the yeller ignore button?  That's "32-49 ignores."  It was *virgin* before i posted in this thread. Cheesy
sayaz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:53:31 PM

Crikey - Alydian = $65k for 1TH...
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:57:58 PM

Do you have a link or something?
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:01:28 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 05:14:46 PM by knybe

Do you have a link or something?

hello?

COINLAB ANNOUNCES FIRST INCUBATOR COMPANY

EDIT
Crikey is right: INQUIRE

Alydian’s turnkey Bitcoin mining solutions can be deployed in our datacenter or customer datacenters.

Included:

- One year of hosting   
- All energy costs
- All maintenance costs

August Availability:

- 5TH/s: $350k
- 10TH/s: $650k
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:11:59 PM

Sorry, peed my pants laughing.  Sort-a unsporting of you.
BRB, pants.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: