Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:31:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:42:34 AM

Yes, investors... make sure you don't ask the wrong questions.  Be very careful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:15:12 AM

Aww man looks like the guy who had the 30 share buy/sell bot decided to pull the plug, too bad as I was having too much fun making small profits off of bot manipulation
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:15:35 AM

In fact, if you ask the wrong questions, you could single-handedly destroy the entire deal with eASIC.  Don't even say eASIC.  In fact, if you say it three times, the eASIC monster will come and ... AHHHHHH  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked HALP

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:18:55 AM

Any information which affects the chip development plans, etc. is capable of being investment-sensitive. I don't see how the topics in the meetings would not be.

Development of the chips would be under NDA, and as such would not be discussed.

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:20:27 AM

Aww man looks like the guy who had the 30 share buy/sell bot decided to pull the plug, too bad as I was having too much fun making small profits off of bot manipulation
Is that why the price jumped? I was making like 5% trades over and over again.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:29:44 AM

Any information which affects the chip development plans, etc. is capable of being investment-sensitive. I don't see how the topics in the meetings would not be.

Development of the chips would be under NDA, and as such would not be discussed.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:32:25 AM

Well played Volcanic, well played.  Grin
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:05:26 AM

There is a problem with this. We can all agree that the BTC stock exchanges are unregulated. So insider trading can not be protected against. What you are giving is; the people who own the most shares the information first. While you might not see it as this way, we do.

No New information should be presented at any of these meetings or the Active Mining Stock should be locked for 24 hours after the meeting has begun.

Read this. If there proves to be major price swings directly after/during these meetings, I absolutely will purchase enough shares in order to be invited, and then trade on the insider information at the expense of the general public. If I don't I will be taken advantage of. The prudent decision will then be binary- own enough shares to be invited to the meeting - or don't own any shares at all. I shouldn't have to spell out the reasons why this is not wise.

There is absolutely no reason that the IRC channel the meeting takes place in shouldn't be public. If there truely is not insider information being discussed - what is there to keep private? Anyone not on the board, or not invited, will NOT have speaking privileges to ensure everything goes according to plan/agenda.

This is a no brainer.

SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:35:15 AM

There is a problem with this. We can all agree that the BTC stock exchanges are unregulated. So insider trading can not be protected against. What you are giving is; the people who own the most shares the information first. While you might not see it as this way, we do.

No New information should be presented at any of these meetings or the Active Mining Stock should be locked for 24 hours after the meeting has begun.

Read this. If there proves to be major price swings directly after/during these meetings, I absolutely will purchase enough shares in order to be invited, and then trade on the insider information at the expense of the general public. If I don't I will be taken advantage of. The prudent decision will then be binary- own enough shares to be invited to the meeting - or don't own any shares at all. I shouldn't have to spell out the reasons why this is not wise.

There is absolutely no reason that the IRC channel the meeting takes place in shouldn't be public. If there truely is not insider information being discussed - what is there to keep private? Anyone not on the board, or not invited, will NOT have speaking privileges to ensure everything goes according to plan/agenda.

This is a no brainer.

I agree with this sentiment.  I think that a week before every board meeting, there needs to be an announcement of when and what channel it will take place, and allow anyone with enough invested interest to watch.  Of course, if the board members wanted to arrange closed door meetings without any of us knowing, they could still do so, but it is my hope that the Board will stay open and transparent about the inner workings of ActiveM.  ActiveMining has somewhat been considered a crowdsourced operation since its inception from AMC, and I would hope that it can sort of remain that way as we continue to move forward to greater things. 

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
yuansuyi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:02:01 AM

This is a no brainer.

I agree with this sentiment.  I think that a week before every board meeting, there needs to be an announcement of when and what channel it will take place, and allow anyone with enough invested interest to watch.  Of course, if the board members wanted to arrange closed door meetings without any of us knowing, they could still do so, but it is my hope that the Board will stay open and transparent about the inner workings of ActiveM.  ActiveMining has somewhat been considered a crowdsourced operation since its inception from AMC, and I would hope that it can sort of remain that way as we continue to move forward to greater things.  
With everything covered by NDA, only Ken and his nephew get access to, what issues/info do you expect the Cheerleaders's Board to discuss?  
No more than web logo,web design,company slogan,brand,promotion etc..
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:05:25 AM

The discussion will about what should not be discussed.

Board member 1: so about eASIC...
board member 2: shhhh, we don't talk about that.
board member 3: so about that logo..

SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:45:51 AM

This is a no brainer.

I agree with this sentiment.  I think that a week before every board meeting, there needs to be an announcement of when and what channel it will take place, and allow anyone with enough invested interest to watch.  Of course, if the board members wanted to arrange closed door meetings without any of us knowing, they could still do so, but it is my hope that the Board will stay open and transparent about the inner workings of ActiveM.  ActiveMining has somewhat been considered a crowdsourced operation since its inception from AMC, and I would hope that it can sort of remain that way as we continue to move forward to greater things. 
With everything covered by NDA, only Ken and his nephew get access to, what issues/info do you expect the Cheerleaders's Board to discuss?   

If that is the case, then there should be no harm in letting non-board investors peek in on what is being discussed.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
yuansuyi

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:31:54 AM

This is a no brainer.

If that is the case, then there should be no harm in letting non-board investors peek in on what is being discussed.
Maybe they just don't want people to know that the Board Meeting just turn out be a talking about shit.
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:41:47 AM

yuansuyi,

Your posts are not interesting, helpful, nor thought provoking.

sincerely,

Everyone
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:38:33 AM

I am not making fun of you guys but to be honest, boards (or ffssixtynine) utter incompetence organizing a shareholders meeting shows. But no worries. You will figure this out.

First of all, shareholders meeting in not a board meeting - hence the agendas are different.
Strategy etc is what you guys talk about in board meetings and not some itty-bitty detailed stuff. Big picture and how board members can use their expertise to get the circus moving in right direction and achieve goals set.
Those goals must be set by CEO and his team BEFORE the meeting. (search the net, there are thousands of pages on how to run a board meetings and set agendas)

Shareholders meeting is much simpler and usually talks about what has been achieved, what is happening at the moment and where are we going.

Let me give you a quick and simplified agenda, so you can fine tune it to suit your needs.

1) Start out with quick introduction (who is who) 3 min total
2) If there is any shareholders voting involved (selecting members for the board for example) - what are the rules. 1 min
   * List of topics need voting by share holders:
  A
  B
  C
* When done, announce the results

Now you move on to financial stuff progress report (read: Co status)

3) What has been done:
* A high level project plan (task list, back log or what ever you like to call it) with important milestones, dates and costs 5-10 min

4) What needs to be done:
* A high level project plan (task list, back log or what ever you like to call it) with important milestones, dates and costs estimates 5-10 min

5) Financial statements
* Balance sheet - with comments  <3 min
* Cash Flow statement - with comments  <3 min
* Profit Loss statement - with comments <3 min

Now, the real fun begins:
6) Shareholders questions and answers

End the meeting and publish the shareholders meeting report

All the materials presented are sent out days/months BEFORE the meeting so everyone has plenty of time to read it and come up with questions etc.

If you like to organize this meeting next week, you better get your collective ass on gear and start typing (and not waste your time here, demanding respect and what not)

I also recommend you use some type of online slide/presentation service and comment your presentation to shareholder in IRC and not waste time describing the slide/picture/chart in IRC. Smiley

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 11:50:51 AM

I am afraid nothing is done

Just ken hiding in empty cave waiting for outdatted chips.

Good luck with selling avalon clones in march for 7k usd.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:11:01 PM

We have a board, we have a Ken as CEO but what about the rest of the team? You know, guys who actually design, build, assemble, manage/admin, sell etc all the stuff.
Code:
       shareholders meeting 
                |
              board
                |
               CEO
             ___|_____
            |  |  |  |
            ?  ?  ?  ?

I have never seen the Acm's business model so I have no idea, who are the key resources to actually get stuff done and make money.

If I recall, the value proposition was something like "we will design and build the all mighty 28nm chip and provide customers with fastest mining rigs on the market" or something like that... Lately it sound like "we will buy a assload of chips from China and build rigs (with negative ROI, btw)"

Can you give us a quick summary of who are key resources you are panning to achieve the original goal?
If this is turning in to a mining operations... adios amigos.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
yuansuyi

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:47:27 PM

We have a board, we have a Ken as CEO but what about the rest of the team? You know, guys who actually design, build, assemble, manage/admin, sell etc all the stuff.
Code:
       shareholders meeting 
                |
              board
                |
               CEO
             ___|_____
            |  |  |  |
            ?  ?  ?  ?
I have never seen the Acm's business model so I have no idea, who are the key resources to actually get stuff done and make money.

If I recall, the value proposition was something like "we will design and build the all mighty 28nm chip and provide customers with fastest mining rigs on the market" or something like that... Lately it sound like "we will buy a assload of chips from China and build rigs (with negative ROI, btw)"

Can you give us a quick summary of who are key resources you are panning to achieve the original goal?
If this is turning in to a mining operations... adios amigos.
One PR person without name.
CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:57:28 PM

Wanted to buy some shares, but this thread is such chaos...
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:00:34 PM

Wanted to buy some shares, but this thread is such chaos...

Try reading the original post on the speculation thread
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: