Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER  (Read 68147 times)
lutsifer

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

Mining is our Passion! Join us!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:31:05 AM

Good morning Miners,

I am so much proud of you!

In the last 24 hrs http://zero.forgetop.com manage to find 233 blocks - only 22 less then suprnova.

Thank you for your hard work!

Cheers

ForgeTop.com - The Profitable Pools
| Europe / Asia | Profitable Coins | Huge Servers | Monitoring Service | Adjustable Pool Settings | 24/7 Anon Mining |
flo123

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:49:06 AM

Hey guys,

I am trying to see where Zero fits and where its USP lies.

ZCash, ZenCash, Zero are all derivates of Bitcoin (ZCash is a fork of Bitcoin). The main difference between Zero and other coins like ZenCash, ZCash can be broken down to its algorithm parameters.

The equihash parameters for Zero differ slightly from ZenCash - you get faster block verification, an increased block size and a much higher transaction capacity. Zero also differs from its forked siblings in a way that it doesn’t have a founders reward, no pre-mine and no halving and thus can be seen as a truly community coin.

Besides these ZCash forks, there is also ZCoin. ZCoin is based on the Zerocoin protocol, whereas ZenCash uses zkSNARKs. Both coins are designed to hide any trails between sender and receiver. ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent.

• Compared to ZenCash, does Zero also uses zkSNARKs, but mitigating the drawbacks like the 88% block reward allocation to miners, 8.5% for DAO and 3.5% for secure nodes?

Will Zero follow the currently bigger coins ZenCash and ZCoin and introduce Masternotes in the future?

Will you implement Segwit, Atomic Swaps, Lightening Network etc?

notsure85

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:55:56 AM

GUIDE:
HOW TO MOD OPTIMINER 1.2 FOR WINDOWS TO MAKE IT WORK WITH NVIDIA GPUS

1. Download both Optiminer 1.2 for Windows and Optiminer Equihash 2.0 for Linux.
2. Extract both files in two separate folders.
3. Go to the Optiminer 2.0 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Find the following 8 files named Nvidia_Equihash192_7-base.bin and Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round7.bin.
4. Copy these 8 files and place them in a new folder. Then rename them as follows: Nvidia_base.bin, Nvidia_round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_round7.bin.
5. Copy the renamed files and go to the Optiminer 1.2 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Paste there the files you just copied (overwrite the original files found there).
6. Optiminer 1.2 should work fine now. For better compatibility, use --pci-mode 0 in your config (or *.bat) file. Also, if you have a rig with both Nvidia and AMD gpus, I would suggest running one instance of Optiminer for each platform, by using the -c switch.

That's all folks.
I 've tried all sorts of things and spent a lot of time to make the damn thing work, so if it works for you and you 'd like to show your appreciation, send some coins to my ZERO address:

t1Xit7hfbfTW2EPvkVs9xP6AN5bD3Ri9BTE

Mod works for multi nv rigs, but still way to high cpu usage.
Even kills vnc connection, sadly its still unusable for multi nv/win rigs.
I can see the rig hashing away pool side, but worthless if I cant access it anymore to monitor.
ConstantinGR

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:31:36 AM

GUIDE:

1. Download both Optiminer 1.2 for Windows and Optiminer Equihash 2.0 for Linux.
3. Go to the Optiminer 2.0 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Find the following 8 files named Nvidia_Equihash192_7-base.bin and Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_Equihash192_7-round7.bin.
4. Copy these 8 files and place them in a new folder. Then rename them as follows: Nvidia_base.bin, Nvidia_round1.bin, [...] , Nvidia_round7.bin.
5. Copy the renamed files and go to the Optiminer 1.2 folder and navigate to the "bin" subfolder. Paste there the files you just copied (overwrite the original files found there).
6. Optiminer 1.2 should work fine now. For better compatibility, use --pci-mode 0 in your config (or *.bat) file. Also, if you have a rig with both Nvidia and AMD gpus, I would suggest running one instance of Optiminer for each platform, by using the -c switch.

That's all folks.
I 've tried all sorts of things and spent a lot of time to make the damn thing work, so if it works for you and you 'd like to show your appreciation, send some coins to my ZERO address:

I can see the rig hashing away pool side, but worthless if I cant access it anymore to monitor.

I only get 40-50% CPU usage on a humble Phenom II X4 965, running Win7 on a rig with 3 gtx1070s & 3 rx480/580s.
Optiminer accounts only for 20% of total CPU usage. Perhaps there is something else keeping your cpu busy, or there could be an issue with vnc.
I am using TeamViewer for monitoring and it runs very smoothly. Give it a try.
lutsifer

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:46:08 AM

GUIDE:

That's all folks.

I only get 40-50% CPU usage on a humble Phenom II X4 965, running Win7 on a rig with 3 gtx1070s & 3 rx480/580s.
Optiminer accounts only for 20% of total CPU usage. Perhaps there is something else keeping your cpu busy, or there could be an issue with vnc.
I am using TeamViewer for monitoring and it runs very smoothly. Give it a try.

ConstantinGR I remember there was an option to switch off the fancy graphics on windows. This brings at least 10-20% cpu down. You can point it if you remember what it was...

| Europe / Asia | Profitable Coins | Huge Servers | Monitoring Service | Adjustable Pool Settings | 24/7 Anon Mining |
lutsifer

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:28:26 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 12:53:36 PM by lutsifer

Guys, let's give a life to our official subreddit?

Everyone who has reddit and use it is welcome!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCurrency/

notsure85

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:52:48 PM

im on win10, 6x 1080ti, 8gb, i5-4590, dedicated rig.
Everything has already been tuned for mining.
As soon as I run more than 2 gpus in optiminer it hits 100% cpu.
I was hoping the 1.2.0/2.0.0 mod would finally fix it.
Every other miner know to man works perfectly fine.

multi gpu nvidia zero mining is a penguins world until optiminer or someone else finally produces an optimized nvidia/cuda/windows miner.
I know its a lot of work to write/rewrite the code, but imo thats what the devfee is for.
This problem has been around since optiminer-zero has been made available.
FOMI

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:29:31 PM

Hey guys,

ZCash, ZenCash, Zero are all derivates of Bitcoin (ZCash is a fork of Bitcoin). The main difference between Zero and other coins like ZenCash, ZCash can be broken down to its algorithm parameters.

The equihash parameters for Zero differ slightly from ZenCash - you get faster block verification, an increased block size and a much higher transaction capacity. Zero also differs from its forked siblings in a way that it doesn’t have a founders reward, no pre-mine and no halving and thus can be seen as a truly community coin.

Besides these ZCash forks, there is also ZCoin. ZCoin is based on the Zerocoin protocol, whereas ZenCash uses zkSNARKs. Both coins are designed to hide any trails between sender and receiver. ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent.

• Compared to ZenCash, does Zero also uses zkSNARKs, but mitigating the drawbacks like the 88% block reward allocation to miners, 8.5% for DAO and 3.5% for secure nodes?

Will Zero follow the currently bigger coins ZenCash and ZCoin and introduce Masternotes in the future?

an infographic with all this information would be cool for the website. would also help define the coin and by extension the road map of what is needed to mature the coin i.e. what do we want this coin to be and how do we get there
lokko

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:51:51 PM

Hi folks,

do you still need the domain www.zero.wf ?
i bought them for the community months ago

ps: very cool thing from demarsac
that you stayed on the ball

Grin
FOMI

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:54:12 PM

hello.. any reason why withdrawing from Cryptopia to the wallet is slow slow? currently been over 10 minutes and still nothing
Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:14:46 PM

Hi folks,

do you still need the domain www.zero.wf ?
i bought them for the community months ago

ps: very cool thing from demarsac
that you stayed on the ball

Grin

Thanks lokko

No need for the domain now just keep it for backup or redirect it to the official Website

Get quickly well to come and help us out Smiley

DM
Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:17:39 PM

hello.. any reason why withdrawing from Cryptopia to the wallet is slow slow? currently been over 10 minutes and still nothing

Transactions towards/from Exchanges have always many parameters to be taken into consideration
Just give it a little bit more time

I made some transactions earlier this morning with Cryptopia and everything happened very fast
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:30:44 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 11:42:39 PM by awill333

Hey guys,

hi, I am not a zcash expert but I have been reviewing it lately along with several other similar ones. zero, to my knowledge is the same as zcash with some of the math changed. I don't think zcash uses master nodes. zcoin is not comparable other than the fact that it achieves privacy. the mechanism is not the same. zcoin uses libzcoin which is not zksnarks. so it's an entirely different setup and it therefor not comparable in the same way. zcoin to my knowledge uses masternodes for the verifications of 'minted zcoin' .. the zcoin minting process requires the coin in the local wallet to be 'burned' then replaced by the network with coins from pool of unused. zksnarks have a trusted setup which uses locally stored parameters to generate (z) payments. there is no need for master nodes here, the payments are generated locally from the coins in the wallet and transmitted at the same time. in other words, the extraneous process that zcoin requires to have new coins has been removed and replaced with a setup that requires trust in the integrity and modalities of the initial creators of zcash.

zencash seems to be the closest comparable coin however in my mind it is not comparable at all. they have changed the core and added the master nodes and also added a "finders fee" of 8.5% which is deducted from the miners share. only a portion of this (3.5% if I properly recall) is used to incentivize the master nodes function.. in reality the "creators" of zencash are pocketing the other 5% or spending it as the see fit in the name of zencash development. so you can see the "business model" is entirely different than that of a free coin like this (zero currency) . there is no coin comparable in my opinion because the closest relative is zcash which also claims 20% from the miners for a period of initial mining years, the exact time I cannot recall. It is really absurd to think there is any comparison because zero is simply the best. once everyone figures this out Wink it will be even better..

"bigger coins" like zencash and zcoin it is a funny comparison when zero is better in every way (in my opinion and I am entitled I have been researching) .. zencash and zcoin have marketing. that is all. I compiled zcoin from source and it has so many warnings I almost wanted to vomit. I am surprised libzerocoin even compiled at all! to be worse I lost 50 coins on one of their old wallets "burning them" and never did receive the transaction back. However, to team zcoin's integrity, they did help me recover the coin but it was more luck than anything.

we can see all of the big coins started high up the charts because of their marketing and ICOs and that will also be what is the problems with them because they have created a set of expectations and in some situations received vast amounts of funding to produce the goods. most of the ICOs will not produced much of what they have promised, or someone else will do it better and first, for far less money.

the world is changing. look to the quality, not the marketing.

PS, when you say "ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent." that is not an entirely accurate statement. Zencash had nothing to do with the Zk-Snarks development, they simply forked Zcash. Credit where credit is due. Team Zcash's zk-snarks is what protects the transaction and that includes the amount and the coins ID. In other words all forks of Zcash inherit this property unless they are somehow broken.

PPS: Let's not forget that Zcash has a $250,000 security audit done on their code. Changing the core to add masternodes (unless I am wrong and it is already a part of zcash) voids all guarantees that the audit means ANYTHING to the forked coin. The more near the code is to the original Zcash code which was audited is the more realistically sane coin to trust your money to. much else seems like a gamble to me. believe this when I say I have seen core bugs in the code that some of these clever devs have modified and it is scary.

awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:00:51 AM

notice: to whoever is running the reddit page:

this is very confusing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCurrency/
https://www.reddit.com/r/zero/

they both have the same image and I am assuming we have two subreddits perhaps one abandoned but not removed? one of them should go... the one that is linked on this announcement page does not even show up in the reddit search for "zero currency", the other one does. and it's empty.. that's how I found it. then I checked here (bitcointalk.org) and found the right link. you get the purpose of my communication I am sure.. thank you and good day
uskovartem

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:46:03 AM

Hi, i have one mining rig on Zero on this pool: http://zero.forgetop.com/address?t=t1UH2ptMAE2TQcKd41hVRhWTarz77jagVXk
As you can see, average hashrate 71 sols/s. This 8*1070.
In "Estimated earnings" I see 39 zer per day, but in whattomine calc, if I put 71 sols, I see 59 zer per day. whattomine calc
So difference is pretty much. Where is mistake ?  Huh
lutsifer

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:04:09 AM

Hi, i have one mining rig on Zero on this pool: http://zero.forgetop.com/address?t=t1UH2ptMAE2TQcKd41hVRhWTarz77jagVXk
In "Estimated earnings" I see 39 zer per day, but in whattomine calc, if I put 71 sols, I see 59 zer per day. whattomine calc

Great question, I guess a lot of people wonder same thing about whattomine.

Whattomine for zero is experimental for the moment (it even says active testing) and shows  higher results then it is in the reality.

Estimation calculator tools also are never correct on 100% especially when all variables jump with  +- 30% (network difficulty, pool hashrate etc etc).

Later today will try to reach whattomine so they can do something about it.

lutsifer

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:56:03 PM

Great question, I guess a lot of people wonder same thing about whattomine.

Whattomine for zero is experimental for the moment (it even says active testing) and shows  higher results then it is in the reality.

Estimation calculator tools also are never correct on 100% especially when all variables jump with  +- 30% (network difficulty, pool hashrate etc etc).

Later today will try to reach whattomine so they can do something about it.

whattomine promised to fix the service ASAP (today).

flo123

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:06:40 PM

Hey guys,

hi, I am not a zcash expert but I have been reviewing it lately along with several other similar ones. zero, to my knowledge is the same as zcash with some of the math changed. I don't think zcash uses master nodes. zcoin is not comparable other than the fact that it achieves privacy. the mechanism is not the same. zcoin uses libzcoin which is not zksnarks. so it's an entirely different setup and it therefor not comparable in the same way. zcoin to my knowledge uses masternodes for the verifications of 'minted zcoin' .. the zcoin minting process requires the coin in the local wallet to be 'burned' then replaced by the network with coins from pool of unused. zksnarks have a trusted setup which uses locally stored parameters to generate (z) payments. there is no need for master nodes here, the payments are generated locally from the coins in the wallet and transmitted at the same time. in other words, the extraneous process that zcoin requires to have new coins has been removed and replaced with a setup that requires trust in the integrity and modalities of the initial creators of zcash.

zencash seems to be the closest comparable coin however in my mind it is not comparable at all. they have changed the core and added the master nodes and also added a "finders fee" of 8.5% which is deducted from the miners share. only a portion of this (3.5% if I properly recall) is used to incentivize the master nodes function.. in reality the "creators" of zencash are pocketing the other 5% or spending it as the see fit in the name of zencash development. so you can see the "business model" is entirely different than that of a free coin like this (zero currency) . there is no coin comparable in my opinion because the closest relative is zcash which also claims 20% from the miners for a period of initial mining years, the exact time I cannot recall. It is really absurd to think there is any comparison because zero is simply the best. once everyone figures this out Wink it will be even better..

"bigger coins" like zencash and zcoin it is a funny comparison when zero is better in every way (in my opinion and I am entitled I have been researching) .. zencash and zcoin have marketing. that is all. I compiled zcoin from source and it has so many warnings I almost wanted to vomit. I am surprised libzerocoin even compiled at all! to be worse I lost 50 coins on one of their old wallets "burning them" and never did receive the transaction back. However, to team zcoin's integrity, they did help me recover the coin but it was more luck than anything.

we can see all of the big coins started high up the charts because of their marketing and ICOs and that will also be what is the problems with them because they have created a set of expectations and in some situations received vast amounts of funding to produce the goods. most of the ICOs will not produced much of what they have promised, or someone else will do it better and first, for far less money.

the world is changing. look to the quality, not the marketing.

PS, when you say "ZenCash goes here even one step further and not only hides the sender and recipient of a transfer but also the amount which was sent." that is not an entirely accurate statement. Zencash had nothing to do with the Zk-Snarks development, they simply forked Zcash. Credit where credit is due. Team Zcash's zk-snarks is what protects the transaction and that includes the amount and the coins ID. In other words all forks of Zcash inherit this property unless they are somehow broken.

PPS: Let's not forget that Zcash has a $250,000 security audit done on their code. Changing the core to add masternodes (unless I am wrong and it is already a part of zcash) voids all guarantees that the audit means ANYTHING to the forked coin. The more near the code is to the original Zcash code which was audited is the more realistically sane coin to trust your money to. much else seems like a gamble to me. believe this when I say I have seen core bugs in the code that some of these clever devs have modified and it is scary.

Perfect summary! Thx a lot man!

So in a nutshell... We have the best product of all anonymity coins here and just need to spread the word more (marketing) and then up to the moon :p
vklchck

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:44:14 PM

You know many times when i want to go into a website and i haven't bookmarked it
i always try to remember:
is it .org?
is it .com?
is it .net?

For this reason OUR website will be ALL THREE
so either you use is the same and directs you to ZERO

Promises are promises and we intend to keep them ALL

It is with great pleasure that i present you our LONG awaited
WEBSITE
http://Zero-currency.com
http://Zero-currency.org
http://Zero-currency.net

There are MANY things to be added. Plus the first page will be animated if not a video
But we needed this NOW

This is the true first step to learn how to walk
Flying comes next.... Smiley

Thanks everybody

ZERO COMMUNITY

heyDemarsac, I noticed a little grammatical error in the website... under the "Zero Cost" section you accidentally combined to words... "Zero’s transaction fees are literally close to zeroand by far cheaper than any other major cryptocurrency for example it’s fees are 10x times cheaper than bitcoin."
lutsifer

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:58:45 PM

Great work for all miners in http://zero.forgetop.com

In the past 24 hours we manage to find 20 blocks more then suprnova - 250 against 230.

I think this happens for the first time in the history of zero.

This is far more then we hoped when we first created this pool (it was meant to be for solo mining  Grin Grin Grin )

Happy mining to every single miner in zero network!

Cheers

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: