Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:20:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NSFW] Official Sexcoin Thread - New MANDATORY upgrade: KGW Timewarp attack FIX  (Read 307569 times)
LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:36:02 AM

“I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.”

Grin
no that's an easy one Smiley

The Wizard of Oz

Yeap, you got it Kesley.. Surprised it wasn't answered earlier...

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sexcoin69 (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:05:19 PM

Look what crawled out of the gutter!

Another Zombie Bonus Round !!!

S1uU2rk8sXeUSBfEQ983vcJYmVKHhkeJn9
S6qu722kAFUZHT18MkKKGFbP5G595oMJ9h
S7s9mXCUxqgjbNzwRHHgnX375563kQLJBf
SA6tXuqqirJQuuQYdKSCxHPrzXvzzY8fxm
SEGcEoAutq94rxULooAvDgcqzNh1ou68Gr
SGmCXnXwZVoWPwagyLceUz5XBobe1R3bEb
SKUfzAhJwwMiZQeR5mcb3H3CCrSsR9ZarL
SG2WyuNqSXHV4tphiEgAqDe2JVXKRykyAm

A Bonus of 69 SXC each.   Wink

“Him: You know, second hand smoke kills too.
**Blows smoke in his face**
Her: Not reliably.”

Grin
Movie winner bonuses are coming

Sexcoin is a new coin to use for buy/sell Adult services and products.
Sexcoin69 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:30:52 PM

“Him: You know, second hand smoke kills too.
**Blows smoke in his face**
Her: Not reliably.”

Grin
Diabolique

SEVEyNLeSjf5Jv6Yrp49rDv5jiY18zSvAM

Winner!

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:18:03 PM

I've come across https://coinex.pw/ which exchanges minor alt / digital coins into major (BTC / LTC) coins (and vice versa) - a major pitch to trade SXC would be that on that site you can bank your coins there and also mine on that site (currently no fee - no doubt that'll change) but it can be pitched to punters that they can buy BTC elsewhere then through https://coinex.pw/ make their purchases with SXC which won't show up on their wives credit card statements (or theirs)

captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:39:32 PM

i like this coin. hope it will have success and gets stronger.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:51:56 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 01:20:09 AM by Timelord2067

I'd also like to start the ball rolling about the logo - I find the pink a little grating.  Red is the colour of passion, together with black they make a good combination eg a black circle with a stylised pair of red lips diagonally across the circle.  On a revolving logo, the rear of the coin (heads and tails) could be the generic male/female symbols. (possibly with the SXC at the base of the circle in small capitals)

Then later on you could have different value "coins" logos (think poker chips,  but without the gambling) One SXC could be the Pink, Five Blue, Ten Green, Fifty Yellow, One Hundred Orange Five Hundred White and the One thousand SexCoins Black. (Black being your highest - think Black Label such as the Wolf Blass Black label wine ($110) or the Penthouse Black Label magazine).

Again on a revolving "coin" logo the generic logo on the rear with a grey shadow of the value as though it were stamped onto the coin during minting.

When SexCoins reach $100 US per coin (think positively people) You'd have to start looking at mSXC and uSXC logo's - but that's a couple of months away just yet.

Because the logos are going to be on main (ie accessible to the passing public (pauses to ensure that was spelt correctly) who might happen along) page of a web site, careful consideration should be given to avoiding using most body parts.

Having said that, I've seen very tasteful photography art with just hands or hands and wrists being held - a male black hand and a female white hand holding, (if you can't picture that hold both your wrists with the other hand).

Another logo idea, To bring in the wider GLBTA community if there were four hands (either right or left) holding the next hand's wrist - two male, two female - (but not male, female, male and back to female rather male, male, female, female with the last female's hand gripping the first male's wrist) this would give implication without actual statement of anyone's intentions.

Thanks for reading, I hope you found it interesting.

(edit) Forgot to say Burgundy as an alternate / instead of Red/Black combination

lyno

Activity: 150
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:38:30 PM

I'd also like to start the ball rolling about the logo - I find the pink a little grating.  Red is the colour of passion, together with black they make a good combination eg a black circle with a stylised pair of red lips diagonally across the circle.  On a revolving logo, the rear of the coin (heads and tails) could be the generic male/female symbols. (possibly with the SXC at the base of the circle in small capitals)

Then later on you could have different value "coins" logos (think poker chips,  but without the gambling) One SXC could be the Pink, Five Blue, Ten Green, Fifty Yellow, One Hundred Orange Five Hundred White and the One thousand SexCoins Black. (Black being your highest - think Black Label such as the Wolf Blass Black label wine ($110) or the Penthouse Black Label magazine).

Again on a revolving "coin" logo the generic logo on the rear with a grey shadow of the value as though it were stamped onto the coin during minting.

When SexCoins reach $100 US per coin (think positively people) You'd have to start looking at mSXC and uSXC logo's - but that's a couple of months away just yet.

Because the logos are going to be on main (ie accessible to the passing public (pauses to ensure that was spelt correctly) who might happen along) page of a web site, careful consideration should be given to avoiding using most body parts.

Having said that, I've seen very tasteful photography art with just hands or hands and wrists being held - a male black hand and a female white hand holding, (if you can't picture that hold both your wrists with the other hand).

Another logo idea, To bring in the wider GLBTA community if there were four hands (either right or left) holding the next hand's wrist - two male, two female - (but not male, female, male and back to female rather male, male, female, female with the last female's hand gripping the first male's wrist) this would give implication without actual statement of anyone's intentions.

Def a  interesting read. With a lot of your ideas I played around myself and if I ever develop my own coin a lot of those stuff will be included. It will be a very dark, kinky, sinister, evil and pervert piece anyway  Grin + there already was a skinable QT thread that unfortunately died.

But, as far as SXC is concerned, I disagree. We live in a bigot world and  the dominant christian anglo-american part is as fucked up as the islamic. We live in a world where  smashed skulls are a lesser problem than nude female nipples (nipplegate). So, at least for  the moment, I think that this pink, nice and, at least for moderate religiotes, non offensive design is a good thing.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:27:54 AM

Greetings,

Would it be possible for the next version (or this one) to also have a PortableApps version too?  Benefits include

• Offline back-up of bulk of coins, You could put your Alt / Digital coins into a real safety deposit box then when you're ready to transfer a portion, a quick trip to the bank with laptop and transfer completed in privacy.
  • Portability - test speeds of other computers without having to reinstall a fresh copy
  • Entice your friends to mine by showing the program working on their own computer (without it being installed)
  • All your Alt/Digital coins on one USB / HDD
  • Testing an update without it affecting your main wallet

Thanks for viewing.

LittleDigger

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:37:49 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 03:08:01 AM by LittleDigger

i like this coin. hope it will have success and gets stronger.

You aren't alone.. SXC is even pegged with Bottlecaps and is ranked at 17th most popular coin..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264016.msg2984683#msg2984683

Thats out of a list of about 123 Coins, and just a few more votes would put it in the top ten.

I'm just amazed it's outdoing so many other coins...  Grin

(Recounted and Edited)

LittleDigger

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:42:40 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 07:06:32 AM by LittleDigger

I've come across https://coinex.pw/ which exchanges minor alt / digital coins into major (BTC / LTC) coins (and vice versa) - a major pitch to trade SXC would be that on that site you can bank your coins there and also mine on that site (currently no fee - no doubt that'll change) but it can be pitched to punters that they can buy BTC elsewhere then through https://coinex.pw/ make their purchases with SXC which won't show up on their wives credit card statements (or theirs)

Taken from the CoinEx Thread:

GoldCoin (GLD) is now listed. Mining pool is also up.

and when are you adding SXC?

Perhaps it would be better to wait... Theres things I can't say, but everybody knows we are working on a new client. We've put our heads together and we want to give the new client features that a cryptonerd would find underwhelming, but the webcam girls we are now consulting with find quite useful and exciting. Anybody can bring out a coin, and beg an exchange to take it and have it listed in a few days. To create a coin that has utility, and therefore value in the real world takes a lot of work and forethought, and time in development.

Last time I posted in this thread we were at 8.5M/h now we are at 12-15 M/h. We are growing not dying, and we are operating in a heavily saturated market space. We aren't in a hurry because being listed on the exchanges doesn't mean we've made it. We can build exchanges if we need them. Creating a great client and a buzz in the industry leading to real world adoption means we've made it.

Here's the deal:

At the moment I'm solo mining on rig four with the lastest client in alpha. It's the third sent to me for testing this week, and has changes from the last one that don't deal with problems, but deal with new features. Of course without proper testing for a while on a testnet, we can't be sure the problems are fixed. And we want a reputation for bringing out quality, hassle free updates.

We don't need to approach the exchanges, I'm willing to risk my "Devship" and break ranks by telling you an exchange in alpha, and an exchange that is under development, have approached us. We want the new client and new logo out first.

One of the workers that we contacted in the adult industry has also approached us in regard to setting up a site that uses SXC, but thats fendles call, right now he's moving residence.

We promised a clean client, as far as we could get without a hardfork, and we delivered.

We promised a pool, and put a p2pool thats so far been fair and reliable when the pool needed major recoding.

We then delivered a pool that is monitored 24/7 in a datacenter by a human being, has not only battery backup, but generator backup, has been completely reworked to use accounting grade cross-method database block tracking and has a consistant backup schedule. It can take Gigahashes thrown at it.

If you miners knew how many pools skip blocks and dump the proceeds into the operators purse, you'd be angry as hell. The U.S. courts consider crypto's money, and they'd probably consider the "PPLNS" payment schemes posted on those pools as legally binding agreements. God help the pool operator who is knowingly taking money from miners pockets and "laundering" it through exchanges they also own... Thats something we don't want to be associated with, and thats an example of how far we try to look ahead, even if it's not likely to be an issue.

But I digress.. now we are working on the client and then we will work on inclusion on exchanges.

It hasn't been easy, there's been allnight sessions getting things right, and real world things like jobs and families to attend to while fatigued. I keep saying we work hard, but I think most people dismiss it as PR. This weekend I was supposed to be finally spending quality time with my partner, instead I'm communicating to you, and she's heading off to a funeral without me.

I guess the reason I'm divulging all of this when we have a "No coming soon" announcements policy, is I feel a little disappointed that the trust in our hardwork, honesty, dedication and longterm planning that we have tried to build hasn't made itself apparent. In fact gr33ks pool seems to have dissapeared and our hashrate is down to about 8 M/h. Though thats probably not unusaul considering the crapcoin, get rich quick, overhyped scam-ridden environment that prevades the cryptocommunity at the moment.

I can't make people understand our values, I can't make people trust our judgement, I can't make people respect or recognise our hard work.

But I can believe in what we are doing, I can put my money where my mouth is by keeping my hashrate on the network, and I can keep putting as much time and effort into the coin as possible.

But there's only so much we can do in a day...    

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:25:30 AM

There's a few around here that appreciate the hardwork you and the team are doing Smiley.

Guess in this community there are pockets of those working and creating, surrounded by a zillion leechers.....guess thats the nature of it all though.

I did notice the types in the crypto community change alot after btc became priced to stupid levels verse the USD Sad
lavajumper

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:16:17 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 06:03:26 PM by lavajumper

gr33k's pool's frontend was down for maintenance, he left an announcement in his 'news' section. Its back up now.

As far as the network hashrate, its always been up and down and I don't think this is any different. Its still healthy and the average is twice what it was two weeks ago.

Dev work can get quite frustrating at times, especially when you don't see the 'meteoric' rise that sometimes occurs with other coins. However, and this is one of the things that I find very encouraging about sexcoin, we have seen steady upward growth if you draw a 'best fit line' through our hashrate (I have a job that's been tracking it since I put up the blockexplorer), and the number of people contributing to the thread. I like that, and it tells me that the coin is not run of the mill crap-coin. I really enjoy working on it, both the pools and the client.

I think I may have gotten the reputation for being too cautious, probably because I've been a professional in IT for about 17 years and I've seen what can happen in the development cycles. Bottom line is, I NEVER trust code, or hardware, especially code that was written by someone else, unless I have a sincere command of what the coder has written.

That being said, perhaps its time to let people know.

I have a client that addresses the desync issue, I'm setting up a test-net this weekend to be 'extra' sure that it works. A short explanation of the desync issues is that our addresses are unique, but the actual p2p network that passes messages back and forth from client to client are not. We are on litecoin's 'network'. The sad part of this situation is that I have found no less than 7 other alt-coins that have made the same mistake. I feel the need to remind people that the current dev team had NOTHING to do with the initial release, we picked up a dropped ball. IMHO, the fix for this is not for the faint at heart. We have to re-define our network, and do it in a way that doesn't destroy all the mining and transactions that have already taken place. This is the source of the desync and also the 'forking' that plagued the coin in its early stages, along with a failure to properly set the difficulty at startup.

I want to say this again, I've got the fix in place and am testing it through this week. So far it has tested successfully.

If anyone wants a more detailed explanation of the issues, feel free to ask.

More great news: I am currently adding 'features' to the client that some people have expressed would be desirable. So I see that NOW is the time to ask everyone:
If you have some 'wishes', post them here. "I wish I could do XXX with the client" or "I hate that it does XXX"

We are dedicated to making the client and coin AWESOME!

Also, we are still working on a Mac build, and are beginning designing the architecture of a mobile client. These are a good bit off. If anyone has some experience with Mac builds, we need your help!

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
randomdef

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:47:55 PM

I have 43k of SXC that I'd like to sell. Send me a PM with any offers.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:13:08 PM

Windows download doesn't work

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
lavajumper

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:26:04 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 05:37:36 PM by lavajumper

Windows download doesn't work

?? 32 or 64?
I just pulled the windows client. What error are you getting?

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

I'd also like to start the ball rolling about the logo -

(blah)

Def a  interesting read. With a lot of your ideas I played around myself and if I ever develop my own coin a lot of those stuff will be included. It will be a very dark, kinky, sinister, evil and pervert piece anyway  Grin + there already was a skinable QT thread that unfortunately died.

Do be sure to send me a personal invitation when you launch your Spooky Coin.  Roll Eyes

lavajumper

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:31:12 PM

@Timelord2067

I just read over your portableApps description. That's an excellent idea!
Just put it on a jump drive and plug it in  Shocked

LittleDigger

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:34:41 PM

gr33k's pool's frontend was down for maintenance, he left an announcement in his 'news' section. Its back up now.

As far as the network hashrate, its always been up and down and I don't think this is any different. Its still healthy and the average is twice what it was two weeks ago.

Also, we are still working on a Mac build, and are beginning designing the architecture of a mobile client. These are a good bit off. If anyone has some experience with Mac builds, we need your help!

Well, don't I look stupid now  Embarrassed , saw a dip and panicked..

Maxpower is the man for Mac builds...

Sexcoin69 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:15:52 AM

As the sun sets you'b better beware ...

The Zombie Bonus Round !!!

S1uU2rk8sXeUSBfEQ983vcJYmVKHhkeJn9
S2qLye34g3X93kfn624qVZxNYMKqu51ZCC
S7s9mXCUxqgjbNzwRHHgnX375563kQLJBf
SA6tXuqqirJQuuQYdKSCxHPrzXvzzY8fxm
SEGcEoAutq94rxULooAvDgcqzNh1ou68Gr
SGmCXnXwZVoWPwagyLceUz5XBobe1R3bEb
SKUfzAhJwwMiZQeR5mcb3H3CCrSsR9ZarL

A Bonus of 69 SXC each.   Wink

“War is upon you! Prepare to suck the cock of karma!”

Grin

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:14:09 AM

@Timelord2067

I just read over your portableApps description. That's an excellent idea!
Just put it on a jump drive and plug it in  Shocked

Many thanks for your positive feedback, just one point,

What about the files written to the C:\Users\(blah)\AppData\Roaming\Sexcoin directory?

The subtlety of PortableApps is they are written to a directory on the external drive (which means the PA version needs to be configured to ensure these files aren't left behind on a host computer - you don't want to leave part of your wallet/earnings on someone else's computer)

Regards,

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: