Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:43:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ActiveMining Overview and Speculation Thread  (Read 167819 times)
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:53:37 AM

Regarding a statement from eASIC, is it speculation at this point to assume that eASIC are simply waiting for the NRE to go through in order to release a statement? I ask because I feel a good chunk of the perceived validity of this stock hinges on such a statement. We've already seen that ActM gets left out in a lot of talk about 28nm chips. I'm not too concerned about that in and of itself, but I would like ActM to be seen as a serious contender and mentioned as such in discussions on Coindesk and the like.

So what are we using to found the idea that the primary thing keeping an eASIC statement from being released is unpaid NRE? That's obviously a good starting point, but are we under the impression that it's the only hurdle?
yuansuyi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:17:37 AM

Regarding a statement from eASIC, is it speculation at this point to assume that eASIC are simply waiting for the NRE to go through in order to release a statement? I ask because I feel a good chunk of the perceived validity of this stock hinges on such a statement. We've already seen that ActM gets left out in a lot of talk about 28nm chips. I'm not too concerned about that in and of itself, but I would like ActM to be seen as a serious contender and mentioned as such in discussions on Coindesk and the like.

So what are we using to found the idea that the primary thing keeping an eASIC statement from being released is unpaid NRE? That's obviously a good starting point, but are we under the impression that it's the only hurdle?

Other teams are taping-out,  but at meantime eASIC are waiting for the NRE to be paid for by ActM.  It's one month ago when IPO finished and fund for NRE raised.

There are no big news other than laggy NRE payment and non-full-speed running Avalon clones since the IPO finished.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:22:20 AM

Other teams are taping-out,  but at meantime eASIC are waiting for the NRE to be paid for by ActM.  It's one month ago when IPO finished and fund for NRE raised.

There are no big news other than laggy NRE payment and non-full-speed running Avalon clones since the IPO finished.

Maybe you should sell your shares?  Huh
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:35:14 AM

Other teams are taping-out,  but at meantime eASIC are waiting for the NRE to be paid for by ActM.  It's one month ago when IPO finished and fund for NRE raised.

I think it is VERY important that we hear from Ken as to whether or not the NRE of $1mil is paid or not!

It's been weeks now, and the first step to a 28nm ASIC is paying the NRE - if the NRE still hasn't been paid, its a BIG problem!

Either way, investors need (deserve) to know.

ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:42:31 AM

Other teams are taping-out,  but at meantime eASIC are waiting for the NRE to be paid for by ActM.  It's one month ago when IPO finished and fund for NRE raised.

I think it is VERY important that we hear from Ken as to whether or not the NRE of $1mil is paid or not!

It's been weeks now, and the first step to a 28nm ASIC is paying the NRE - if the NRE still hasn't been paid, its a BIG problem!

Paying the NRE is part of the deal with eAsic and therefore under NDA. Ken CAN'T say anything about the conversion or payments without breaking the NDA and jeopardizing the deal with eAsic.

If a couple of weeks without news is too much for you to handle, you should sell your shares and move on.

EDIT: right as I posted that the board was announced in the main thread - go have a look!

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
bigdude

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:16:29 AM

Paying the NRE is part of the deal with eAsic and therefore under NDA. Ken CAN'T say anything about the conversion or payments without breaking the NDA and jeopardizing the deal with eAsic.

If a couple of weeks without news is too much for you to handle, you should sell your shares and move on.

EDIT: right as I posted that the board was announced in the main thread - go have a look!

True - paying the NRE is probably included within the NDA

But, the conversion of BTC to USD ... why in the world would that be in the NDA? It has nothing to do with eASIC. Ken CAN and SHOULD let shareholders know what the situation is there.

FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:21:34 AM

It appears that eAsic hasnt been paid the NRE yet because the NDA hasnt been lifted.

Just wondering, why does it take so long to get them paid? Dripping btc into USD does not take this long.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:38:06 AM

It appears that eAsic hasnt been paid the NRE yet because the NDA hasnt been lifted.

Just wondering, why does it take so long to get them paid? Dripping btc into USD does not take this long.

To Hell with converting precious BTC into worthless Bernanke fun bux!

That works against everything Satoshi has accomplished in the past and hopes for in the future.

UPDATE

It's time to regroup and radically rethink ACTM's best course of action in light of the Avalon/NRE disasters and overwhelming, credible competition from Hashfast and Cointerra.

If you can't beat them (in the race to 28nm and >1GH/watt) join them.

We must stop burning money on possibly neutral but probably negative ROI engineering and hardware, IE write off the Avalon and 20GH chips.

We must halt the BTC conversion process, and split available financial resources between Cointerra and Hashfast bulk chip orders.   Both companies accept BTC and offer miner protection plans (difficulty insurance) in case of negative ROI.

I know the 20GH chip was Ken's baby and it really really sucks to have to cancel it, but in Bitcoin time we are eons past our initial assumptions.  

We must also disband the Cult of ACTM cheerleaders now known as the Board.   Their groupthink is beyond pernicious, it is deadly to shareholder ROI and nimble, creative strategic agility.

Adapt or perish.

iCEBREAKER
Chairman Emeritus

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigdude

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:38:27 AM

Exactly my point - and why I am asking for an update directly from Ken himself!

shrodes

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:01:04 AM

But, the conversion of BTC to USD ... why in the world would that be in the NDA? It has nothing to do with eASIC. Ken CAN and SHOULD let shareholders know what the situation is there.

Because knowing that someone is planning on selling $1M USD current worth of Bitcoins and when this will happen will affect the prices that they can be sold at.
bigdude

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:10:44 AM

Because knowing that someone is planning on selling $1M USD current worth of Bitcoins and when this will happen will affect the prices that they can be sold at.

Complete BS! - there are millions upon millions traded daily.

Over $5mil on MtGox in last 24 hours
Over $2mil on Bitstamp in last 24 hours

What is selling $1mil over 4 weeks ... nothing!

And we simply need to know this - has the BTC been converted yet or not?

yuansuyi

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:19:41 AM

It's interesting that the fulfillment of NRE payment is confidential whereas the amount is released by Ken.

ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:21:30 AM

It's interesting that the fulfillment of NRE payment is confidential whereas the amount is released by Ken.

I believe that was why Ken got his hand slapped by eAsic

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
yuansuyi

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:24:34 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 07:45:51 AM by yuansuyi

Complete BS! - there are millions upon millions traded daily.

Over $5mil on MtGox in last 24 hours
Over $2mil on Bitstamp in last 24 hours

What is selling $1mil over 4 weeks ... nothing!

And we simply need to know this - has the BTC been converted yet or not?

Anyway, if the NRE payment is done,  the BTC/USD conversion is done, DONE IS DONE.

How to take advantage from knowing the NRE was paid?  time machine?

EDIT: typo
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:59:27 AM

Ken got his hand slapped (his words) for saying too much before.

At this point he has to be on radio silence until it's all done and dusted. Saying anything in public adds an unnecessary element of risk to the deal.

For example, if he said he had all the money then the next questions will flood in, about if something is wrong, if eASIC have been paid at all, what the contract situ is, people will phone eASIC so find out if they've been paid, etc. All this is potentially damaging, particularly random people contacting eASIC (which has happened before, hence the hand slap). If he hasn't converted all the money, much of the same applies along with extra questions.

I hope that explains it a little. It's a sensitive time for the business and unfortunately we just have to wait. Of course, the plan been to get the Avalon chips during this period but we all know what's happening there. Or don't know.

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:31:14 AM

Even with the eASIC deal, won't ActM chips be slower and more $/GH than those of CoinTerra and other companies? The Avalon situ has really screwed ActM.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:40:26 AM

Even with the eASIC deal, won't ActM chips be slower and more $/GH than those of CoinTerra and other companies? The Avalon situ has really screwed ActM.

Vbs is best to answer this but it's still all about what can actually be delivered in terms of when, speed, power consumption (in particular), reliability etc.

eASIC are probably the best partner one can have in this regard.
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:32:33 AM

In a condensed answer, no. Smiley

There's much more to designing chips than just stating wishful specs and eAsic has more design experience than any of them (they've been working on 28nm at least since 2010).
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 01:01:20 PM

Ken got his hand slapped (his words) for saying too much before.

At this point he has to be on radio silence until it's all done and dusted. Saying anything in public adds an unnecessary element of risk to the deal.

For example, if he said he had all the money then the next questions will flood in, about if something is wrong, if eASIC have been paid at all, what the contract situ is, people will phone eASIC so find out if they've been paid, etc. All this is potentially damaging, particularly random people contacting eASIC (which has happened before, hence the hand slap). If he hasn't converted all the money, much of the same applies along with extra questions.

I hope that explains it a little. It's a sensitive time for the business and unfortunately we just have to wait. Of course, the plan been to get the Avalon chips during this period but we all know what's happening there. Or don't know.

And this is why people need to back off from asking questions relating to eASIC unless they are intentionally attempting to sabotage the deal!  Come on folks, use common sense and at least try to read between the lines.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
AstroBoy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:25:10 PM

BTW guys, if you want to contact TGB and Philip Archer:

http://thegenesisblock.com/got-a-question-get-in-touch-2/

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: