Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:12:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is garbage.  (Read 4600 times)
Freddyclose

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:51:16 PM

just amazing the price of fees, I've had the case several times as well
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:23:13 PM

That's where altcoins are useful.   
Bitcoin was supposed to be useful too.  Now it has been rendered nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.  It has no real purpose other than for more and more people to come one after another to give money to the guys already in.  Then BAM!!! a total freefall collapse.

Well sometimes i got the same feeling..... Sad

But it would be unwise to say it a Ponzi. It doesn't fall in its definition.
Bitcoin is very useful; it’s not like ponzi scheme at all. It is allowing investors to grow and make good amount of money in order to make their living standard good and enlist their name in the rich of tomorrow. It is allowing them to reduce unemployment to some extent. It’s just the beginning it has much more to achieve and give a high output to investors
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:32:27 PM

Hey guys don't take the OP serious. This post was created by the person just to take benefit of the time when bitcoin price has gone a little down, mean while it will work as a convincing tool for the people to invest in the alts. By the way such a shame, these things are not gonna work for them.
Here we are going with higher goals with bitcoin. People here have not invested into to bitcoin to give someone a tip of $1.5. Bitcoin is not for micro payments, it's mean to be a medium of macro payments. Even if it charges more I will still prefer it over any altcoin.
Hasvak K

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:34:55 PM

There is not a single coin that has a better scalibility without compromising decentralization and network security. Littecon and bcash are complete garbage.
CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:45:45 PM

The author is absolutely right, because with such a commission it is impossible to make payments for small amounts. I understand the author's feelings, because he decided to spend 1.5 dollars, and spent 13, which is to say, in this situation it is better to use paper notes, but I am sure that in the future we will be able to pay bitcoin as well as ordinary money and the commission will be minimal.
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:59:04 PM

Hey guys don't take the OP serious. This post was created by the person just to take benefit of the time when bitcoin price has gone a little down, mean while it will work as a convincing tool for the people to invest in the alts. By the way such a shame, these things are not gonna work for them.
Here we are going with higher goals with bitcoin. People here have not invested into to bitcoin to give someone a tip of $1.5. Bitcoin is not for micro payments, it's mean to be a medium of macro payments. Even if it charges more I will still prefer it over any altcoin.

Shit comment. Even Satoshi himself said that bitcoin was an alternative for the unbanked population, which represents 40% of the world's population.
The fees of bitcoin over $ 15 dollars, or even less, are more expensive than what 50% of the Latin American population earns daily.

People and comments like this do not contribute anything. This is a real problem, and your talking about the price going up.
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:04:24 PM

There is not a single coin that has a better scalibility without compromising decentralization and network security. Littecon and bcash are complete garbage.

Regarding decentralization, at what moment will the fees be more expensive than maintaining a node?
Do not you see the absurdity of the situation?
sorin90

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:05:40 PM

How can we be expected to invest in this stupidity?

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

He paid that much because he wanted to be a quick transfer. You can change the fees if you want to.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:20:49 PM

i agree, that it is not useful.
Yesterday I had to go and start to use another payment solution which was not crypto because of the high fees of BTC.
I had to pay for my subscription of digital goods and the high fee was annoying as f.

bitcoin is verry useful for most of us especially earners and sellers because we dont get affected by these high trasaction fees problem because were  not sending any coins to other users anyway yet were only selling our coins and exchange it into our local wallets, sure it can also cost when converting but not that expensive enough when sending your bitcoins straight to your wallet on to someone else. its a good and  smart idea if you can only choose another coin or altcoin like litecoin or etherium to send a payment to someone in order to avoid such high fees. overall i must say that bitcoin is not a garbage for us rather it is the most  preciuos  and valuable thing ever invented.
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:23:26 PM

Yeah it doesn`t make sense to pay more fee than the real amount but he tries to send it when btc is in uncontrol rise which is chaos in this scenario so this things happen and we shouldn`t judge from a single transaction
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:46:45 PM

if you think that bitcoin is garbage , maybe you should read more about bitcoin , dont say bitcoin is a garbage , think it , if bitcoin is a garbage , you think some millionaire will invest at bitcoin?
bitcoin is a garbage? nope, impossible..
This is the same guy who has been screaming that you need to sell bitcoin and buy silver since $1000
Hashanah these people are only here to get their own benefit. I always think why people are getting to be such selfish that for their own sake of interest, they make notorious roamers about something and try to degrade that. They shouldn’t be doing it. If you have some good idea or you want to sell something else, then market it. Don’t use such unethical and cheap way of selling.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:53:13 PM

That is not the problem of bitcoin, but the wallet's. Blockchain.info puts really high fees sometimes and there is no explanation why sometimes it is low and why it is not normal high. But just like the other people said already - Etherum is going to be better decision for transactions for you. I think soon all transactions are going to be provide in ETH due it's loyal fees.
xxollaxx

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:59:08 PM

How can we be expected to invest in this stupidity?

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

https://i.imgur.com/DDMQjOw.jpg

Seems most of  your posts are sour on BTC, but I agree. Noobs are buying BTC only to store it away with no clue of what BTC really is. They hear the news or watch TV and are driven to buy it just cause mark cuban says it will make them rich. Lol. There are alt coins or will be that are 10x superior to btc. Maximalist will say no way and be deluded in their fantasy that btc will always be forever king. It will be for many years but that will change as soon as a new technology gets adopted. Will the price crash to 0? I don’t think so. But the other technology will take over. Which coin will it be? Who knows. With a supply of just 22 million that means only a few will have control to manipulate the market. It happens already in exchanges even though people want to deny it. Like I say manipulation in crypto is worse than Wall Street. It works out for us though since we accumulate more. But people are getting deluded.

lionelho

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:04:08 PM

People invests for the future. Even the fee is high due to the low throughput right now, but imagine that the lightening network is coming now. The payment fee will be low at that time.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
xxollaxx

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:06:20 PM

if you think that bitcoin is garbage , maybe you should read more about bitcoin , dont say bitcoin is a garbage , think it , if bitcoin is a garbage , you think some millionaire will invest at bitcoin?
bitcoin is a garbage? nope, impossible..
This is the same guy who has been screaming that you need to sell bitcoin and buy silver since $1000
Hashanah these people are only here to get their own benefit. I always think why people are getting to be such selfish that for their own sake of interest, they make notorious roamers about something and try to degrade that. They shouldn’t be doing it. If you have some good idea or you want to sell something else, then market it. Don’t use such unethical and cheap way of selling.

What if he ends up being like chicken little and be right in the end? No one can predict the future. People are getting a bit crazy with the news not helping at all. Even my grandma wants to invest in it with NO IDEA what bitcoin really is. So that’s what’s driving prices up. IMO. Funny thing is say my grandma wants to buy $1000 in btc thinking it’s real money while in reality it’s virtual and while you can buy more things with it you really can’t buy barely nothing with it. Plus the transactions fees will eat the noobs with .0001 btc alive. Just saying.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:10:05 PM

That is not the problem of bitcoin, but the wallet's. Blockchain.info puts really high fees sometimes and there is no explanation why sometimes it is low and why it is not normal high. But just like the other people said already - Etherum is going to be better decision for transactions for you. I think soon all transactions are going to be provide in ETH due it's loyal fees.

Please everybody knows that this is a BTC forum, and that ETH is a piss-poor clone of BTC, that is created by a 16 year old man-child with no hair between his legs.

Let it go, downgrading the thread by mentioning Ether is like some kind of Scientology BS, again the thread here is about BTC, and ether is not, nor will it ever be BTC.

For the simple reason that good people created BTC, and BTC had no pre-mining, nor marketing, BTC is an organic evolution.

Ether on the other hand pre-mined 10Million coins, and has them all in a few hands, all the ppl who develop on github get nothing from GETH, yet on BTC the orginal ppl have been generous as 1,000's of people have coin on BTC, but again because all the ETH coin is in a few greedy hands, they have not even been willing to share with their own dev's, thus today the dev on GITHUB for ETH has been dead for years, while for BTC its flourishing.

The pre-mining model doesn't work, the bounty model, and mlm model, and all the token's is all bullshit, you want BTC, then U follow the BTC organic evolution by allowing 1,000's of people to do early mining and get coin, and share that coin with others.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:15:15 PM

Yup that is the problem I see. Bitcoin supposed to be a cheaper and faster alternative for other form forms of payment but right now the transaction fees are killing us and the dream of of Bitcoin becoming one of the consumer's top choices as a mode of payment. The burden of incurring additional cost (which is now more expensive than bank transfers) for sending money is really not appealing especially if we are looking for it to be adapted as a mode of payment alternative. The fees must be appealing to us consumers in order for it to be consumer worthy again.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:22:38 PM

I see the reason you are calling bitcoin to be garbage is that of the transaction fees that are required these days for each transaction. To a great extent, even I think that the transaction fees are too damm high. Bitcoin was created to become another form of currency that would be fast and easy to use but the transaction fees are killing it. One of my transaction is stuck from 2 days even after giving a transaction fee.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:03:36 PM

He's a fool, why do small deals with bitcoin even though it's just a tip. Just take the money in your wallet and tip him, the business is done.

Emissary White clerk

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

transaction' fees might be high, but sometimes we need this one groundbreaking tech to open our minds to future possibilities- even if it's not perfected yet. Bitcoin is not trash, it is what triggered the whole crypto revolution that we all going to be a part of.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: