Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:42:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is garbage.  (Read 4600 times)
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:08:01 AM

Call bitcoin, the digital currency of the future economy - garbage, I'm just outraged. It's a denial of everything new ...
It is because of such desperate statements that you are becoming increasingly aware that bitcoins are afraid not only of the old people-investors, but also of whole states-while they can not do anything about it. And this further gives confidence in the power of bitcoin. And no fork, such as bitcoin cache, will not affect this.
aisyah88

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:00:12 PM

Maybe the person who says that bitcoin is rubbish is a very stupid person and could be that person does not understand about bitcoin, I personally followed the bitcoin that was quite successful....
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:24:56 PM

How can we be expected to invest in this stupidity?

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

This is still a major problem in bitcoin, where people who want to transact in small quantities, must pay a fee greater than the amount to be sent. But it's all back to its users. Maybe you think BCH is faster than bitcoin because it can process transactions instantly, but you need to know that everyday bitcoin averaging 400k transactions while bitcoin cash is not up to 4k per day. Why did it happen? well, let's just say passengers who want to ride a 5-star plane certainly more than the passengers who want to ride a 1-star plane. Because 5 stars plane is more ensure the safety of the passengers.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:29:18 PM

Bank wire fee $20 is the same for $100 or $500 or $1000 or $10,000 or $50,000 and so on..

Bitcoin is no comparison to bank-wire transfers in terms of fee.
Dewi08

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:34:47 PM

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

Did you sell all your BTC before the ride to the moon?

If someone who has a very good mind may be someone will sell half of their bitcoin income, until bitcoin rose to the moon ..
tuskacz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:05:39 PM

I agree with the author completely. Those who were smart sold bitcoin whet it was all time high at $18k in December, then it will go down. Too many people now so price will go down, but it is not too late to sell at decent price.
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:08:03 PM

Any cryptos using Blockchains in the future will die out because quantum computers are on the way.  The new cryptos which do not use blockchains are the future.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:25:06 PM

Fees hitting $55 per transaction killed the goose that laid the golden egg because the miners got too greedy and the greed is far from
over since they are the ones running hubs on the lightning network that charge fees and interest on BTC needed to keep channels open
but if we call hubs by the correct name then they are known as banks

Feel free to argue that this looks like Alice and Bob are using Lightning so Bob can buy a Coffee from Alice
https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:29:55 PM

The new cryptos which do not use blockchains are the future.

Block-chain can scale but just now how it's been used in Bitcoin and clones however hybrid versions
will take over and bitcoin development team could had fixed it instead of building Lightning which is a banking network
and designed to server banks using inter bank lines of credit that they call channels in LN

You are being treated to Problem-Reactions-Solution

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:36:30 PM

i agree btc will never be payment method as long as fees are too high
i wonder how people want shops to accept btc
last time i had to pay 11$ fees to send 10$ only of btc
repsol

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:42:49 PM

I think the fee for bitcoin transactions is getting more expensive, maybe that's what keeps the bitcoin price down now? By the beginning of 2018 bitcoin continues to decline and also followed by other altcoins, or will this be the end of bitcoin?

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Anti-Cen

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:11:10 PM

I think the fee for bitcoin transactions is getting more expensive, maybe that's what keeps the bitcoin price down now? By the beginning of 2018 bitcoin continues to decline and also followed by other altcoins, or will this be the end of bitcoin?

Speak quite or the regulars, defenders of the faith we be sent in to pick a argument with you
Contains a coded message

gamechain

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:04:06 AM

Any cryptos using Blockchains in the future will die out because quantum computers are on the way.  The new cryptos which do not use blockchains are the future.

In terms of the financial sector, as long as the funds flow in flexibility, some people take the plate, even scams, but also for a long time to play the wind and water. There are countless start-up teams who earn a lot of money by selling their designs. In the vast number of digital currency, you can not see clearly what is hidden under the sounding package of monsters. So I can not buckle all the pots to bitcoin.
lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:14:32 AM

Bitcoin popularity is not just based on the price. Bitcoin  is volatile,changeable,it's price rapidly change which is normal in the market. Popularity of bitcoin is based on the acceptance of the community. Even there are many altcoins rising you still need bitcoin,you need to convert it into bitcoin before you can exchange it into fiat or local money. So,it means bitcoin price go down but not loses it's popularity.
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:18:29 AM

Bitcoin is definitely  not a garbage it is like an asset. Many people become rich because of it. Because of bitcoin my mother doesnt need to sell garbage to earn money. I really thanks bitcoin. It helps my family a lot so I never think that it is a garbage because it is a gold.
Amelial

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:23:31 AM

Who said? For me btc help me to improve my financial and fullfill all my expense live
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:08:38 AM

Fees hitting $55 per transaction killed the goose that laid the golden egg because the miners got too greedy and the greed is far from
over since they are the ones running hubs on the lightning network that charge fees and interest on BTC need

Actually, this is the "fake news" that has been spread.  In reality, the miner consortium is the consortium that pushed hard for BCH,with bigger blocks and smaller fees, EXACTLY because they knew it would kill their golden goose and they had a lot of hardware stake in it.  And BCH was accused of being "a Chinese miner consortium attack on bitcoin" in a completely bogus narrative that worked.

In reality, the miners tried to save bitcoin, and a totally different group killed the golden goose with a deceptive narrative.

The deceptive narrative was:

1) the lie that bitcoin needed many full nodes for "decentralization" (even though Satoshi designed bitcoin to RESIST a sybil attack by many nodes, and introduced proof of work exactly for that reason), and that "big blocks" would kill "many full nodes".

2) that 1 MB was largely enough but that bitcoin was a victim of evil spam by "the miner consortium" (even though, if you look at the evolution of block size on blockchain.info, it was clear that we were hitting the 1 MB limit for real).

3) that in any case, the 1MB limit was a hard limit in the protocol, and that a hard fork would be the end of the world, too dangerous.

And who was at the origin of that deceptive narrative ?  The inventors of the Lightning Network.   The Lightning network can only work, if fees are high and people keep their computers running.  If fees on the block chain are low, nobody will go through the hassle of the LN.  One has to be convinced that the direct block chain transactions don't work, before one is even going to consider using this second layer.  Also, in order for the LN to work well, people need to be trained to "keep their PC running all the time".  Otherwise, it doesn't work.  So the narrative of the necessity of many full nodes was also a good story here.

Now, miners have high stakes in bitcoin, through their hardware investment.  The inventors of the LN, none.  Miners like fees, but they like even more  a high bitcoin market price, because they are mainly still paid by block reward.  The inventors of the LN don't care about bitcoin's market price.  They are financed to get their LN working, and it can't work if the block chain transactions work well.  

This is why they needed a narrative that will get the block chain congested with high fees and little room.  Satoshi's mistake in 2010 of programming a 1MB limit was leveraged to a holy principle to do this, with 2 bogus reasons: the need of many full nodes, and the fear of a hard fork.  And their narrative to put the fault on exactly their detractors worked well.

Lies and deception.  Works amazingly well.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:15:43 PM

This is as a big impact that bitcoin faces at this stage. It is not suitable for small transactions, anyway it is too expensive which is obviously not a plausible channel. Cool
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:20:00 PM

I think it remains to be seen if bitcoin can be labeled as garbage.  It has survived for 10 years and has sprung up a crypto market worth 1/2 billion dollars.  Yes the prices might go down.  I wouldn't call it a freefall.  Right now the whole crypto Ecosystem pricing has a strong correlation with the pricing of bitcoin, but it might eventually decouple itself for other cryptocurrencies.  Too soon to tell IMHO.

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:29:55 PM

over since they are the ones running hubs on the lightning network that charge fees and interest on BTC needed to keep channels open
but if we call hubs by the correct name then they are known as banks

Feel free to argue that this looks like Alice and Bob are using Lightning so Bob can buy a Coffee from Alice
https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/

Thats why I'm mostly using Ethereum - lower transaction fees and transactions are way faster

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: