Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:01:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is garbage.  (Read 4600 times)
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:47:40 AM

I think you are missing the point, it's clear you shouldn't use bitcoin now for small transactions but to store high value and to transfer large amounts. $25 fee on $14,500 to transfer is less than 0.2% which is far cheaper than any exchange or bank.

When enough people figure this out we'll see alt-coins passing BTC in both price and market cap.  Is that what you want?  Or do you want the devs to fix the scalability problems?
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:49:35 AM

Oh, do you see any garbage worth $ 14,000?

behind the stupidity of the banksters there is no seriouseness, there is no one in the world that "works" for bitcoins, they all works for other currencies. and only the stupidity of the bankster cartels are causing bitcoin to have such value.

besides i would never accept bitcoin for anything anymore i paid once 60 USD for two transactions and i will never accept that piece of junk on my computer anymore.

Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:53:12 AM

I don't care how people would look at and even treat Bitcoin. I have learned my lessons and continue to hold on to my Bitcoins. Bitcoin has been called every single name in this world and where it is right now? It is high above every single cryptocurrency. And that is more than enough for me to buy even more if my savings would only allow it. As for now, I am contented with the growth of my portfolio's value which is mostly brought by the growth of Bitcoin's value as well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:54:14 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 03:20:31 AM by KingScorpio

How can we be expected to invest in this stupidity?

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

not to mention that the one that received that tip through hard work needs now to get 9 more such tips so he can at least spend 0.04 usd cents for himself  Grin Grin Grin Grin

bitcoin is even less than gargabge, garbage can at least be recylcled, bitcoin has to be removed out of the reality.

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:55:14 AM

I don't care how people would look at and even treat Bitcoin. I have learned my lessons and continue to hold on to my Bitcoins. Bitcoin has been called every single name in this world and where it is right now? It is high above every single cryptocurrency. And that is more than enough for me to buy even more if my savings would only allow it. As for now, I am contented with the growth of my portfolio's value which is mostly brought by the growth of Bitcoin's value as well.

jep you will go down with the bitcoin titanic for your stubornness

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:55:40 AM

I wouldn’t call it garbage,  but sadly, unless things change, The dream of bitcoin becoming a world currency is going to die.  Bitcoin seems to be assuming the role of “store of wealth” or “digital gold”.  

It costs me $10 per transactions to trade stocks ...  seems like that is what bitcoin is becoming.  It’s trading like a stock.  

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:57:46 AM

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

If you don't like it then don't get involve with it. I know that we'll find a way to solve these problems and I believe in bitcoin.
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:16:40 AM

The cost he pays for each transaction is fixed and it has not changed over the past year so why do you think bitcoin is garbage? One year ago we still had to accept a fee of 10,000 - 100,000 sts ~ $ 0.5 but when the bitcoin value increased drastically and the bitcoin price was ~ $ 14,000 then the transaction fee was ~ $ 13. That's why it's not garbage and it's always been that way.

dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:17:58 AM

Oh, do you see any garbage worth $ 14,000?
Damn, right.

Satoshi Bitcoin, the real bitcoin, didn't have 1Meg blocks which totally fuck up the fees and MemPool.  1 Meg blocks are there just to drive demand for the Blockstream product 'Lightning'.  It's a scam, and you guys fell for it.  Thank god the people at Bitcoin Cash forked in time to forever get rid of that SegWit shit.  Now the chain has been preserved.  All you will come back to BCH when you finally figure it out that Blockstream is screwing you.  
So basically you are shilling BCH? Lol. How I remember Lauda painting red to those people who shilled it. And you are not a troll? Oh well...

...and we can make a video for your shittube.
That name really suits. Goodluck filming!
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:22:11 AM

I wouldn’t call it garbage,  but sadly, unless things change, The dream of bitcoin becoming a world currency is going to die.  Bitcoin seems to be assuming the role of “store of wealth” or “digital gold”.  

It costs me $10 per transactions to trade stocks ...  seems like that is what bitcoin is becoming.  It’s trading like a stock.  

that s not how it was intedet to be used, its becoming just an empty energywasting object of speculation, a stock is at least a contracted financial basis for a productive value generating enterprise, bitcoin is the opposite of that a an valuedestroying energy wasting system, i am pretty sure there will be a tsunami in the future in the bitcoin world

Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:36:42 AM

The cost he pays for each transaction is fixed and it has not changed over the past year so why do you think bitcoin is garbage? One year ago we still had to accept a fee of 10,000 - 100,000 sts ~ $ 0.5 but when the bitcoin value increased drastically and the bitcoin price was ~ $ 14,000 then the transaction fee was ~ $ 13. That's why it's not garbage and it's always been that way.

Yes I really do agree on you. Bitcoin is not a garbage. If it is a garbage then why bitcoin really help other people? Why it is more useful right now? Bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency, bitcoin is a money from the internet that right now is very useful. As we can see right now, technology is very important for us to work with bitcoin, it is really popular right this time. And it is really helpful that I hope it will take forever.
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:53:12 AM

Yes I really do agree on you. Bitcoin is not a garbage. If it is a garbage then why bitcoin really help other people? Why it is more useful right now? Bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency, bitcoin is a money from the internet that right now is very useful. As we can see right now, technology is very important for us to work with bitcoin, it is really popular right this time. And it is really helpful that I hope it will take forever.

Same here. But What is wrong with this other people here. They are all bitcoin users. If they think that they cannot benefit anymore then it will easy for them to change their mind and find another way to cling on.  And if their problem that bitcoin is garbage then so what? It is a problem that is turned into a solution. Bitcoin helps us a lot. Bitcoin may be garbage, but garbage is money, garbage is a constant source of revenues. And this garbage (bitcoin) has a big potential to lead us into our future success. For those who still believe in bitcoin lets continue supporting it.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:01:45 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 04:12:09 AM by darkangel11

If you're an idiot who thinks BTC was made to allow you to buy a pack of chewing gum or tip people $1 so they can buy themselves a soda, be my guest. What if somebody were to go to a bank in the United States and asked them to convert his $2 into Euro and send to his friend in France? We'd have a very similar situation where the bank fees would be higher than the payment itself. If you really want to send $2 in BTC at least be smart enough to make it a batch payment. Sending multiple single small transactions with a high fee (because a fee of $13 is far above the average) is a financial suicide.
If not that then, what unmet demand is meeting by Bitcoin?
Because I fail to see any. There are tons of cryptocurrencies better technically than bitcoin. Why should people invest? If people are only investing because of rising price which in turn is only connected to rising demand. Then, it is a sign of impending bubble and gonna pop up badly.

Maybe because it was the first cryptocurrency with the highest level of acceptance and integration into the payment systems, laws and so on? It's also the most popular one with a name and logo recognized all around the world? Or maybe because it's used as a base for all altcoin trading as exchanges that don't offer fiat-crypto pairs are all built around BTC? Or maybe because it's one of the few that you can actually spend in physical stores? Or maybe because it's leading the way and if it fails due to harsh laws and policies then all the other altcoins will suffer the same fate?

I don't understand how people with this much experience use apples vs. oranges arguments to justify serious flaws...and then present solutions like batch payments that A) are not practical to do most of the time and B) ~90% of users cannot and will never be able to learn how to do that.  Most people I know understand how to log into accounts and turn on their PC (if they still have one)....but anything else...good luck.

The current paradigm is the equivalent of the model T Ford.  I don't understand why people attack someone for pointing out the obvious.  We should be supporting people that do so and therefore put pressure on those that have the power to fix things since said things are clearly broken from the point of view of the average user that doesn't have the mental bandwidth for creative workarounds.

I've said it because of 2 things.
1. I know OP is using every opportunity to troll BTC and its users because he's just that type of a guy. He comes here every time he feels like telling us how pathetic we all are. It's like going to church to tell people that it's stupid to believe in something that doesn't exist.
2. Unfortunately BTC in its current state requires you to think and learn. the 90% you're talking about will have to wait until the software gets more newbie friendly.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
crisnel26

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

Future of Gambling | ICO 27 APR

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:12:59 AM

The fees are the garbage not bitcoin itself. If you want to make the fees more worth it we must have sent a larger amount for us to see the worth of our fees.

mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:15:24 AM

That's where altcoins are useful.   
Bitcoin was supposed to be useful too.  Now it has been rendered nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.  It has no real purpose other than for more and more people to come one after another to give money to the guys already in.  Then BAM!!! a total freefall collapse.

bitcoin in todays price is precious. better use altcoins on tipping.
the fees are high because bitcoin is hard to mined. better use other cryptocurrency instead

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:27:38 AM

The fees are the garbage not bitcoin itself. If you want to make the fees more worth it we must have sent a larger amount for us to see the worth of our fees.

I'm so tired of this excuse...."to spend less fees you need to spend more overall".  This is why rich people stay rich and poor people stay poor...because rich people want value for their money...they have learned and probably conditioned from birth to not just give away their money.  People with a poverty mentality will accept your philosophy...and then spend their entire lives wondering why they are poor.

Are you posting to up your post count or do you have an original thought that might lead us to a solution?  I'm pretty certain that I know where you are from so I must ask...have you ever actually spent any of your BTC?  Somehow I doubt it since I don't believe that there are any vendors within your reach.  In other words, until you understand the problem via your own experiences and the hassles that came with them, you are not part of the solution...you are only part of the problem.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:31:03 AM

Yeah agree with you just a day before yesterday blockchain asked for $8 to transfer $7 in btc. I mean how is that even possible and why would someone do it? If these things continue to.happen it marks the end of bitcoin era just after its beginning.
gwaposakon101

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:34:23 AM

if you think that bitcoin is garbage , maybe you should read more about bitcoin , dont say bitcoin is a garbage , think it , if bitcoin is a garbage , you think some millionaire will invest at bitcoin?
bitcoin is a garbage? nope, impossible..
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:40:31 AM

Seriously that 13$ fee on 1.50$ transaction was too much, I wonder who was the person sending out hat transaction lol
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:48:40 AM

It would be like having Gold vs Silver or 500 Euro notes and 5 Euro notes one is easier to spend on small transactions than another.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: