Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is garbage.  (Read 4600 times)
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:26:55 AM

That's where altcoins are useful.   
Bitcoin was supposed to be useful too.  Now it has been rendered nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.  It has no real purpose other than for more and more people to come one after another to give money to the guys already in.  Then BAM!!! a total freefall collapse.

It's merely a collectors item for rich people now. It can never be the currency it was intended to be anymore. I have sold all my bitcoin and will probably never buy any ever again, i have moved on to alts in the hope that they can keep the original crypto dream alive!
People who don’t have enough resources to buy it they call it garbage because now its prices has gone so wild that only millionaires can invest into bitcoin and for them this a hen which is lying golden egg and there may be a chance that its prices will come down then there may be a chance that people statement will be changed and all this will depend on the prices if prices come down then mediocre level get into it,
Hasvak K

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:28:32 AM

What you noobs dont understand is bitcoin is the best we have. Other faster coins either have larger blocks or low volume. They dont have better tech or security.
Topaz72

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:34:35 AM

Yep, definitely not garbage. not as right now. I dont see it.
It’s a very bad and sad news about bitcoin and I have no idea that why people are using such a words for bitcoin we are not giving something to bitcoin we are just giving time to bitcoin and as a result bitcoin is giving us money and every day I’m going to see some people are giving wrong statements about bitcoin some of the people are saying its dead and someone are saying its price is going down which is not good so we need to be very positive about bitcoin.
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:39:14 PM

As much as i would lke to deny it, i cannot. This is slowly becoming a reality.

Bitcoin today just isn't like bitcoin a few years ago. Yes, its price has become really high and has gotten far - breaking record by record it sets. But the thing is, it is not as convenient as it used to be. It is not as useful as what it was back then,.

But despite all these. I still am not losing hope in bitcoin. I still believe bitcoin will overcome this challenge. It has already overcome a lot over the years. And if it doesn't manage to over come this predicament, then bitcoin doesn't deserve the trust i give along with other people's faith in bitcoin.
buiting

Activity: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:23:45 PM

How can we be expected to invest in this stupidity?

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

No bitcoin now is very bad payment system.
SegWit can help and make network better than now{1 MB is big problem}.
we need better payment system

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:34:21 PM

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

I quite agree segwit didn't help with anything at all, it promised that the transaction fees was going to get lower and transaction time will be shorter, but it seems that the exact opposite is happening which is making things very difficult.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:41:15 PM

+1 to that.
Its not and never will be a payment system, it is a commodity.

I have been trying to tell people this would happen for so long but no one wants to listen.

Stubbornness is a strange thing, why people are willing to pay such huge transaction fees rather than admit bitcoin isn't a sensible payments system I will never understand.

tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:44:12 PM

+1 to that.
Its not and never will be a payment system, it is a commodity.

I have been trying to tell people this would happen for so long but no one wants to listen.

Stubbornness is a strange thing, why people are willing to pay such huge transaction fees rather than admit bitcoin isn't a sensible payments system I will never understand.

I don't think many people really see bitcoin as a finished product or something that is suitable as a payment system right now. The fees will probably never be suitable for micro transactions as described. Bitcoin also cannot be useful right now due to the price fluctuations. But give it time, there is hope.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:56:20 PM

Honestly I do not understand why people don't go for manual fees. You do not need an instant transaction to pay Andreas a tip. After paying high fees is not the answer and not everyone accepts altcoin. I am sure it is going to take even more time to repair the fees trouble and I think we should go for manual transaction fees and we should wait a little it is better than paying a lot of fees only if you want use Bitcoin till now.
mlgblockchain

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:13:11 PM

Honestly speaking, you get the idea of bitcoin all wrong. The way I see it, Bitcoin is not meant for giving tips. You wanna know why? Cause it is not garbage. I don't think bitcoin is here to take over the entire uses of national currency. Tips is a kind of thing you would do with dollar or euro. If you can't accept it then yes bitcoin really is garbage.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:18:53 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 12:13:17 AM by mayax

Honestly speaking, you get the idea of bitcoin all wrong. The way I see it, Bitcoin is not meant for giving tips. You wanna know why? Cause it is not garbage. I don't think bitcoin is here to take over the entire uses of national currency. Tips is a kind of thing you would do with dollar or euro. If you can't accept it then yes bitcoin really is garbage.

well, Bitcoin was created to be  a peer to peer currency. currency means you can tip, you can buy a coffee instantly.

can you do that with BTC? nope.   in the mean time, the developers (the company that owns BTC) decided otherwise Smiley

so it's not a digital currency. it's more like a settlement system or store of value but not digital currency.
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:22:00 PM

well, Bitcoin was created to be  a peer to peer currency. currency means you can tip, you can buy a coffee instantly Smiley  in the mean time, the developers (the company that own BTC) decided otherwise Smiley

can you do that with BTC? nope. so it's not a digital currency. it's more like a settlement system or store of value but not digital currency.
Yes you are right , much better options tot use for payment.
Altough i think most people who buy btc now don't know that.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 05:39:16 AM

Well Bitcoin itself have "0" value, but we, the people make it valuable. But according to current demand and current supply along proof of existence with tremendous computing power's proof of work makes bitcoin unique and more valuable.

Some of characteristics of Bitcoins really bring revolution to world with innovative concept.
DarkSikko

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:00:00 AM

bitcoin was supposed to be currency but with this is gone so i think right now bitcoin can uses as store of value
Ourat

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:07:11 AM

I do not think bitcoin is rubbish, let them look at bitcoin as garbage, I will still look at bitcoin as a promising crown
Sum24

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:35:23 AM

That's where altcoins are useful.   
Bitcoin was supposed to be useful too.  Now it has been rendered nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.  It has no real purpose other than for more and more people to come one after another to give money to the guys already in.  Then BAM!!! a total freefall collapse.

It's merely a collectors item for rich people now. It can never be the currency it was intended to be anymore. I have sold all my bitcoin and will probably never buy any ever again, i have moved on to alts in the hope that they can keep the original crypto dream alive!
It’s a very disappointing statement about bitcoin and I really feel bad when I see these kind of questions and answers I believe that there are some people who don’t to see bitcoin high price and they are trying to end bitcoin but it’s a mistake of them that they are using this kind of things world know about bitcoin and that why countries are going to make bitcoin legal because they know how bitcoin is important for them and they are supporting as well.
yuxuzzz

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:40:55 AM

As long as it can bring us profit, who cares it's garbage or not?
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:24:28 AM

Why are you using bitcoins for such small transactions? You're wrong I think. Use bitcoin just for a sizable kperluan, buying a beverage with bitcoin is just the same as silly stuff.
Bitcoin is more a miracle than a technology. It is allowing the mass to earn good amount of money and make their present good and future secure. It is a promising currency and having promising projects for the investors. People are happy to get bitcoin and are working hard there to get some extra money. Bitcoin is not garbage because it is helping in reducing unemployment to some extent
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:42:00 AM

This is due to the high prices of bitcoin. This problem will be solved by the arrival of the Lightning Network.
Sadnu

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:19:51 AM

I just do not know if bitcoin is actually rubbish but I think Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency proponents, we're well-used to hearing disparaging talk about the technology we follow. It's easy and tempting to ignore, whether you're a long-time holder living off the gains, or a newcomer trying to build the financial infrastructure of the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: