Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:44:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is garbage.  (Read 4600 times)
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:55:31 AM

If you're an idiot who thinks BTC was made to allow you to buy a pack of chewing gum or tip people $1 so they can buy themselves a soda, be my guest. What if somebody were to go to a bank in the United States and asked them to convert his $2 into Euro and send to his friend in France? We'd have a very similar situation where the bank fees would be higher than the payment itself. If you really want to send $2 in BTC at least be smart enough to make it a batch payment. Sending multiple single small transactions with a high fee (because a fee of $13 is far above the average) is a financial suicide.
If not that then, what unmet demand is meeting by Bitcoin?
Because I fail to see any. There are tons of cryptocurrencies better technically than bitcoin. Why should people invest? If people are only investing because of rising price which in turn is only connected to rising demand. Then, it is a sign of impending bubble and gonna pop up badly.

Maybe because it was the first cryptocurrency with the highest level of acceptance and integration into the payment systems, laws and so on? It's also the most popular one with a name and logo recognized all around the world? Or maybe because it's used as a base for all altcoin trading as exchanges that don't offer fiat-crypto pairs are all built around BTC? Or maybe because it's one of the few that you can actually spend in physical stores? Or maybe because it's leading the way and if it fails due to harsh laws and policies then all the other altcoins will suffer the same fate?

I don't understand how people with this much experience use apples vs. oranges arguments to justify serious flaws...and then present solutions like batch payments that A) are not practical to do most of the time and B) ~90% of users cannot and will never be able to learn how to do that.  Most people I know understand how to log into accounts and turn on their PC (if they still have one)....but anything else...good luck.

The current paradigm is the equivalent of the model T Ford.  I don't understand why people attack someone for pointing out the obvious.  We should be supporting people that do so and therefore put pressure on those that have the power to fix things since said things are clearly broken from the point of view of the average user that doesn't have the mental bandwidth for creative workarounds.

I've said it because of 2 things.
1. I know OP is using every opportunity to troll BTC and its users because he's just that type of a guy. He comes here every time he feels like telling us how pathetic we all are. It's like going to church to tell people that it's stupid to believe in something that doesn't exist.
2. Unfortunately BTC in its current state requires you to think and learn. the 90% you're talking about will have to wait until the software gets more newbie friendly.

I see your point....but at the same time I wish more people told me that I was crazy or stupid for my beliefs in a business I got involved in about 10 years ago.  If more people cornered me and made me think longer and harder, I think I wouldn't have made even half of the mistakes I made.  Instead I was surrounded mostly by cheerleaders.  Most people wouldn't believe the amount of money I lost and it's difficult to justify it as a learning experience.  You might not like it but someday hindsight will be 20/20.  Maybe what I said now might make a difference in your life.  I have no idea.  I hang out here to learn about the average BTC "investor" since so much has changed since I first learned of it in 2011 and then forgot about it.  Things have changed so much since then.  The vision that I heard on a podcast with the original dev team doesn't sound anything like we are seeing today...and I find myself seeing my overly positive attitude here with so many.  It's hard not to speak ones mind if they are honest...and I don't think Rawdog can help it...especially if he is honest and has a conscience.
Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:58:36 AM

This was one of the reason ethereum looked so nice  when I invested. Although the fees dont have to deal with the amount of btc, it is a problem with micro payments which is why people should use alternatives like litecoin, dash, ethereum.

If we talk about fee and this is the good option. Litecoin etherium and dash is very smaller than bitcoin fee.
I like altcoin with smaller fee to send
darshansetty

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:01:42 AM

No bitcoin cannot be considered as a garbage it is kind of assets because in future the value will go upto1million
Dod Ong

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:04:01 AM

How can we be expected to invest in this stupidity?

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

Why do you saying that the bitcoin is garbage? The bitcoin help me to earned money for my families and to help our expenses in our home. So why do you saying the bitcoin is garbage? The bitcoin is very powerful because it can keep the poor people to be a rich man. I want all of my family members to be a bitcoin user to help them in their personal expenses.
mjnick01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:09:16 AM

Bitcoin is garbage. that's what other people think about having trouble earning
It's not just time now
if you know how much bitcoin you can use but you only know how little you are to get married and do yourself
waste they do not know and how much bitcoin is today
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:17:26 AM

Why the hell you are considering this system with a garbage? Have you any concrete and the logical issue regarding this opinion? I completely disagree with you on this matter. I think Bitcoin is getting accepted in a lot of developed countries as well as many online platforms.
If you have a little idea in terms of Bitcoin then you may not think as so. I recommend you study regarding this virtual currency and analysis of the recent time's price trend. I hope you will make a good conclusion if you can follow my advice. Bitcoin is not only a currency but also it's a profitable source of money.
White32

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:16:39 AM

I dont think so bitcoin is garbage! How could you say this? Bitcoin is been so useful, for everyone of us its had a lot of benefits, we can do more to get money, investment,capital, profit and so on..

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 07:25:34 AM

You sounds like you never got any profit from Bitcoin.. Fees are high i agree but, you can't say the whole thing is garbage.. There are lot of people who found diamonds in that so called ' garbage'.

cfkvfyjd

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:42:44 AM

Bitcoin is not garbage, it's a valuable investment, in the long run.
cfkvfyjd

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:43:22 AM

And although in my opinion bitcoin will be asking, but not for a lot and then it will be stable.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:47:57 AM

Bitcoin wasn't a garbage tho. Due to its price raises so up nowadays, some couldn't afford it. Thus some wouldn't buy it for now because they are thinking and waiting for its price decrease again. And, Bitcoin is a looooong term investment. I've had converted 40Php (1 USD) back then now it is 2USD. It's still worth it.
Heo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:55:09 AM

Yep, definitely not garbage. not as right now. I dont see it.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:56:13 AM

It's Rawdog, he is a well known troll he likes to kick shit up and say dumb stuff. Just ignore him.

Fuck you.  That is total bullshit.  Even guys in this thread say the feel the same way.  That's not trolling buddy.  Just because someone says something against your personal feelings, it doesn't make them a troll.  

Satoshi Bitcoin, the real bitcoin, didn't have 1Meg blocks which totally fuck up the fees and MemPool.  1 Meg blocks are there just to drive demand for the Blockstream product 'Lightning'.  It's a scam, and you guys fell for it.  Thank god the people at Bitcoin Cash forked in time to forever get rid of that SegWit shit.  Now the chain has been preserved.  All you will come back to BCH when you finally figure it out that Blockstream is screwing you.  

Now go fuck yourself King Colon.

WOW I dig it, some truth telling on this FORUM, u normally just see like minded circle jerking, and bias confirmation that the we're in a world of shit, and nobody smells the shit.

Emperors New Clothing comes to mind with BTC, and nobody is allowed to say that the Emperor has Alzheimer and is a a zombie

This is all the shake-out, eventually I concur it will be clear which is the correct coin,

IMHO BTC is for savings for rich ppl, it should not be used for day-trading or micro-transactions, but agreed all changes from satoshi are bullshit, these miscreants should have just written their own code from scratch, but stealing open-source and destroying it enables private profits,

SATOSHI didn't care about this enabling of certain company's, he was an anarchist,

Bring ANARCHY back to BITCOIN Roll Eyes
bitfools

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:58:04 AM

Yep, definitely not garbage. not as right now. I dont see it.

It's not garbage but its been balkanized, neutered, and repackaged into something that even a mother wouldn't allow into her house.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:32:30 AM

Still, garbage bitkoyn, in my opinion, no one called. Expensive garbage is obtained at a price of 15,000 dollars. A tip does not necessarily translate into bitkoyne. On that they tip that they are considered a pocket trifle. However, this bitkoyin already eliminated. A successful transaction was implemented using a network of "lightning", which provides a very fast transaction bitkoyna and allows you to transfer small amounts with low commission costs. After such improvements, the popularity of bitcoins should increase.
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:34:21 AM

This is one of the big issues facing bitcoin at this stage. It is not suitable for small transactions. After all, it is too expensive, which is obviously not a reasonable channel.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
cloudbleron18

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:12:54 AM

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

For me bitcoin is not a garbage.it is really helped me and my family so much things.especially the educatoun of my children and now i earned to build a new and much bigger house than before because of the bitcoin.so how can you say that bitcoin is a garbage dont judge bitcoin if you dont know the importance of it!

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
bitfools

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:32:09 AM

For me bitcoin is not a garbage.it is really helped me and my family so much things.especially the educatoun of my children and now i earned to build a new and much bigger house than before because of the bitcoin.so how can you say that bitcoin is a garbage dont judge bitcoin if you dont know the importance of it!

BERNIE MADOFF made a lot of ppl rich, but he also hurt a lot of people, this is the point of BITCOIN, to only focus on winners, and deny losers exist

Winners of every PONZI will always protect it in earnest, until it bites them, then they will be 'shocked'.
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 10:00:32 AM

I wouldn’t call it garbage,  but sadly, unless things change, The dream of bitcoin becoming a world currency is going to die.  Bitcoin seems to be assuming the role of “store of wealth” or “digital gold”.  
That dream is still alive: Bitcoin Cash works exactly like Satoshi wanted it to because it is exactly like Satoshi's Bitcoin with no fukcing SegWit.

You are just the beneficiary of good timing.  Me too.  But, that doesn't preclude the fact that the network is all fucked up with unnecessary congestion and super high fees.  

Seriously that 13$ fee on 1.50$ transaction was too much, I wonder who was the person sending out hat transaction lol

$13.46 actually.  Don't forget the .46

SegWit Bitcoin is garbage.  The other Bitcoin is good.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:23:48 AM

I know the situation is bad but not this bad at this point which I honestly beleived it should not get to this point but at this pont there is hardly anything we can do about it but that does not make bitcoin a garbage as you have made it sound. I also believe that this will pass too just like several other issues that have happened in the past. On the issue of SegWit, its going to solve some problem and its roll out is in phases and when it fully circulates, it makes things more cheaper than what we are currently facing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: