Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs shipping 300 units a day  (Read 28985 times)
geofflosophy (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:33:35 PM

Hey All,

Just came across this article on CoinDesk, figured I'd share it: http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-challenges-of-producing-bitcoin-mining-hardware/

They claim to be shipping 300 units a day; the fact that very very few of you have been receiving yours makes that possibility a little scary... They're shipping orders in the order in which they were received, but even if they were only shipping 5 GH/s units, that's 1.5 TH/s a day being added to the network; 45 TH/s a month. Scary stuff!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxl

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:53:58 PM

At the moment they are shipping nearly norhing a day.
You can see in the forum that only a few people have received something from BFL.

And the 300 units a day is their maximum mass production.
icyak

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:02:48 PM

Hey All,

Just came across this article on CoinDesk, figured I'd share it: http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-challenges-of-producing-bitcoin-mining-hardware/

They claim to be shipping 300 units a day; the fact that very very few of you have been receiving yours makes that possibility a little scary... They're shipping orders in the order in which they were received, but even if they were only shipping 5 GH/s units, that's 1.5 TH/s a day being added to the network; 45 TH/s a month. Scary stuff!

you still didnt count all other ASIC devices and USB miners, so we should see more than 100TH (just guess no numbers or math) added each month... This is not going to happen this month probably
and also you were just counting with 5GH/s units, they can ship 300 60GH/s units each day (18TH/day)*30=540TH/s each month Cheesy:D
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:51:00 PM

You can see in the forum that only a few people have received something from BFL.

To be fair, not everyone who ordered from BFL is going to be on this forum, or those who are may not be inclined to come on here and post that they received their unit.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:54:25 PM

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Hey All,

BFL has constantly lied about their delivery dates, so I see no reason why they wouldn't also lie about how many units they are shipping per day in order to get more new orders.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:23:23 PM

Complete BS, they MAY have shipped 300 one day, but they are definitely not shipping that much every day. They are still on first day Single's. All you have to do is look at BFL_Jody Blog post on BFLs forum and she posts when they ship.
jmaccoin

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:44:15 PM

Hey All,

BFL has constantly lied about their delivery dates, so I see no reason why they wouldn't also lie about how many units they are shipping per day in order to get more new orders.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I think we are all aware that a fool can not be fooled a second time.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:54:07 PM

http://media.coindesk.com/2013/07/bfljalapenoassemble1.png vs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQY3Y8shBY8 All i can say is lol!

And yes Inaba is a tard!

davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:58:20 PM

wth?

"We’re in Zerlan, the COO’s office, talking about mining. In the corner behind his chair I see a modified Mini Rig SC top end unit with the chassis split open.  It’s emanating some kind of red glow that gives the impression that it is some sort of futuristic mining prototype. I don’t even ask what its for, expecting that information on a machine like that wouldn’t be shared with this writer. I was also afraid that my mind might be bitcoin blown."
geofflosophy (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:34:35 PM

Yea I was just being super conservative based on this one article, once you throw in other ASICs and larger orders it becomes even scarier.

Hey All,

you still didnt count all other ASIC devices and USB miners, so we should see more than 100TH (just guess no numbers or math) added each month... This is not going to happen this month probably
and also you were just counting with 5GH/s units, they can ship 300 60GH/s units each day (18TH/day)*30=540TH/s each month Cheesy:D
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:47:03 PM

If that dude has a Minirig in his office, it's probably hot as hell in there. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
NR3000

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:06:39 PM

Every time when you buy any mining device, you will increase network difficulty. Then you buy more devices and then more again. You will never get you money back;] all you money gone in mining rig factories;] that's why they do not mining for they selfs;] No point have millions bitcoins if you cant sell for real money. And when they have many bitcoins, start selling mining rigs and bitcoins together. People start buying bitcoins for more mining rigs;] Sometimes I think friedcat has created bitcoins;D or asic factory;] they have millions real money, and what we have?;] just keep buying more and more devices.. sorry for me english, I hope you can understand what I mean;]

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:11:15 PM

Maybe they're counting each ASIC chip as a "unit", or maybe each pound of shipping weight counts as a "unit".   Cheesy

Even so, 300 a day sounds high.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
nipsy

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:34:06 PM

I was order number 10810 ordered on October 11, 2012 and just received my Jalapeno today.  So they're definitely making progress on at least one front.  It's been running for the last few hours in cgminer and averaging around 5.2Gh/s.  Hopefully they'll start getting some of those bigger device orders out the door for folks soon.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:50:08 PM

I was order number 10810 ordered on October 11, 2012 and just received my Jalapeno today.  So they're definitely making progress on at least one front.  It's been running for the last few hours in cgminer and averaging around 5.2Gh/s.  Hopefully they'll start getting some of those bigger device orders out the door for folks soon.

Well it's good to see they are catching up on at least one of the devices, though they have shipped over a hundred Singles, and many MiniRigs, they are still only working on orders from June 23rd 2012, as there were so many orders on the first few days.
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:57:27 PM

Maybe they're counting each ASIC chip as a "unit", or maybe each pound of shipping weight counts as a "unit".   Cheesy

Even so, 300 a day sounds high.

300 chips a day is more realistic than 300 devices. Poor Josh is never going to be out of lies (but soon he's out of money).
Monkey1

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:25:03 PM

What is really annoying for people like me is that I ordered 3 Jalepenos in the first couple of weeks.  They should have arrived and paid for themselves by now, but I UPGRADED my order to the better mini single, which no one has yet seen!!.

I wish I could down grade my order again.  Id be much better off.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:41:49 PM

What is really annoying for people like me is that I ordered 3 Jalepenos in the first couple of weeks.  They should have arrived and paid for themselves by now, but I UPGRADED my order to the better mini single, which no one has yet seen!!.

I wish I could down grade my order again.  Id be much better off.

If everyone had just ordered Jalepenos the entire BTC net would have been better off, greed for bigger and bigger rigs will kill the ROI for everyone. Avalon made a huge mistake launching a 60GH/s rig straight up, too much of a leap from FPGA. It started a trend which is already causing problems. They should have simply sold 10 x the number of 6GH/s rigs. for a much better balanced net, and they could have charged more per GH/s.

Many humans suffer from greed, ordering big rigs straight up is an obvious example of this, like dogs competing for a food bowl.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:48:49 PM

Avalon made a huge mistake launching a 60GH/s rig straight up, too much of a leap from FPGA.

From a business point of view, Avalon selling $10 million + worth of chips isn't a bad thing. All they have to do is package those suckers up and ship em. Easy profit.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: