Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins for illegal activity  (Read 2073 times)
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:29:23 PM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.
Not really we all know that bitcoin is made to be a currency and it is legal and it doesnt really do bad thing that only thing is the ne who uses it we all know that it is a virtual currency meaning we could use it and send money in the world using it then the thing is terorist is using it because it is virtual they can use it in illegal transaction.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:46:30 AM

Bitcoin was born for the illegal activity at the start , eventually people are using it for legal activities like trading or transfering , it's still being used for illegal activities everyday and noone can stop it because it's a part of Bitcoin ( cause of the anonymous feature).
czhen

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:12:44 AM

it's not a problem for bitcoin
it's just the act of a person who uses bitcoin.
bitcoin is a free currency in use for any transaction and only government regulations prohibit it.
kencot

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:28:22 AM

I'm disagree 'bout bitcoin for illegal activity. whatever the type of activity, if it is illegal and known later reported by the media, it will impacts on the popularity and fluctuation of bitcoin.

cmiiw
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:29:27 AM

Bitcoin was born for the illegal activity at the start , eventually people are using it for legal activities like trading or transfering , it's still being used for illegal activities everyday and noone can stop it because it's a part of Bitcoin ( cause of the anonymous feature).

You're right, well each of us has our own prerogative rights which will relying on our actions and nature of our society. I agree that bitcoin can used in illegal activity since we can't even control those people because its their own shares of bitcoin that's also the reason in some country didn't legalized bitcoin due to rampant illegal activities that may occurred on there country. We hope, here in bitcoin forum will be doing good things so that our community will last for very long time.
unsquidly

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:45:27 AM

Bitcoins aren't the problem the issue is with the people who would use them for such purposes. Same with fiat currency, they're used for both legal and illegal activity but that doesn't necessarily make fiat currency bad.
skba

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:08:04 AM

I think Bitcoin was not created for illegal activity. Bitcoin is a coin, it can not work manually. It will be used exactly as people use it the way it is. Some people use it as the good way and again some people use it as a bad way. Now, we can say that Bitcoin is legal, but some people use it illegal.
bubble pop

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:22:52 AM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.

I am against with it because dude i am a bitcoin user and i do not want to have a labeled to be an illegal drug seller because of the fact that i am using bitcoins because that thing can change the image of the bitcoins and that affects us the bitcoins users because pwoplw might think that we also do that bad things. Because bitcoins is not created to be used like this i do not think that they created like this. It is much better to believe that they are created as an investment rather than to believe that this is created because of illegal things
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:30:05 AM

I am against with it because dude i am a bitcoin user and i do not want to have a labeled to be an illegal drug seller because of the fact that i am using bitcoins because that thing can change the image of the bitcoins and that affects us the bitcoins users because pwoplw might think that we also do that bad things. Because bitcoins is not created to be used like this i do not think that they created like this. It is much better to believe that they are created as an investment rather than to believe that this is created because of illegal things

I am not in favor in that particular news where bitcoin is use as payment for engaging illegal drug deals. It may affect the credibility of bitcoin currency however, this maybe is just a small percentage of the negative side. But moreover it has indeed used for positive use such as transaction payments, a currency for investment and trading where people are supporting it because of the good benefits it had shared to people and the community.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
EditorK

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:30:45 AM

That's right. Bitcoin is often used for illegal transactions.
However, as not all cryptocurrency purposes are illegal money laundering and dealing, it has become stabilized in the future under institutional authority.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:11:10 AM

it is not recommended to use bitcoin for illegal activities because peoples still able to trace your address.
bitcoin is not a private coin. if peoples want to do illegal activites, they would use another coins.
jlomabao@gmail.com

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:21:20 AM

Even without bitcoins, druglords still finds a way to sell drugs. Its just safer for them to use bitcoin and deepnet on the market but they've been doing these things for a long time now.
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:25:45 AM

How sad that people are using Bitcoin in illegal activities. They use it to scam people. People in our country now a days had bad impression on bitcoin due to bad news lately. If only people use it in the right and honorable way people will patronize it.
mkcube

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:30:45 AM

How sad that it is illegal activity.I dont know the reason why thereare are lots of people investing bitcoin making it illegal.As a matter of fact bitcoin in mu country has a good image.Why there are people use it as misuse why not patronize btc.
eifer0910

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:28:37 AM

Yes, their are so many scammers or illegal works done by so many persons and they use bitcoin in their own benefits and in that case many people end up not trusting bitcoin anymore that is so disguting work of others that I really don't like and I like to change because bitcoin gave us a good life that I want bitcoin to stay longer.

mihir2018

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:41:35 AM

It is not only possible that illegal works can be done through Bitcoin. There are also many criminal acts done by USD, EURO. Bitcoin is the most valuable and first known as the digital currency. We need it and our needs to be smart.
nicko122

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:05:28 AM

Unfortunately, people manage to spoil almost everything that is produced in our world, or use it incorrectly or for bad purposes. This is the essence of some people. And we can not do practically anything with this Sad
Rizqi

Activity: 294

Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 11:21:34 AM

strongly agree with your opinion,

that's a handful of bitcoin users doing something illegal, I'm afraid it makes the doctrine of people think when the bad ones use bitcoin and maybe the bitcoin value itself will decrease because of the freedom of the transaction to use it and I hope to find a glimmer of light to reduce that negative impact.
Theonethatgotaway

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

strongly agree with your opinion,

that's a handful of bitcoin users doing something illegal, I'm afraid it makes the doctrine of people think when the bad ones use bitcoin and maybe the bitcoin value itself will decrease because of the freedom of the transaction to use it and I hope to find a glimmer of light to reduce that negative impact.

In my opinion it is the bitcoin holder who is responsible for its bitcoin whether they will use it for illegal purposes or a payment. As we all know that one of the advantage of bitcoin is that it is anonymous in making any transaction that is being abused by the other bitcoin holder who used bitcoin in illegal practices.

▰▰▰ [ Paygine ] ▰▰▰  
New stage of global banking evolution!
● ● ● https://www.paygine.com/ ● ● ●
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:02:02 PM

The use of bitcoin for illicit purposes has long been the most controversial aspect of the cryptoasset, although it has taken a back seat to speculation around the bitcoin price over the past few years. But I never see research to estimating the scale of illegal activity involving bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: