Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins for illegal activity  (Read 2067 times)
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

This has been attached to bitcoin even during its early days. Maybe because of the decentralized and private nature of bitcoin. But its not the technology but the bad intentions of the people using it are the ones making bitcoin looks bad.
Bitcoin is a system, if only people are educated they will understand it's very useful for online transaction.
Only if we are educated will we can fully understand what bitcoin is, some people just really make use of bitcoin for their illegal transaction,
it's just like they are also using dollar for the same transaction, so there is no difference and therefore we should not conclude bitcoin is for illegal activity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:46:56 AM

Well it its really normal for a currency to be used in many illegal works because of its value and the ability to be traded into materials or services. But lets not change the fact that most of the illegal activities are funded by the fiat currencies and less of them are really funded by the cryptocurrency or bitcoin. Bitcoin has been used in the different illegal sites in the deepweb but then the fiat is used all over the world. Although it really changes the image of bitcoin still its into us whether we support the bitcoin still or not.

Elkafi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:50:26 AM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.

It is possible, because the illegal activities can be happen in everywhere. the advantages of bitcoin is simple secure and pseudo anonymous, it will use the illegal activities. so, it is normal.
AnalynCadiz

Activity: 158

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:59:39 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that makes transaction easier but people tend to use it to illegal activity. We can not deny the fact that some took advantage to what bitcoin can bring and scammed other people believing them they can invest and will earned too good to be true profit. For me,Bitcoin is a help. the image of bitcoin depends on how people use it in a good or bad way.
putrii

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:02:54 AM

From recent news in India it is heard that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..I know its a currency and it is also used as a normal money... but these can create a bad space in people's mind that bitcoins are used to sell drugs..so they will not use bitcoins... Conclusion is that BTC is also a currency which is having a high value in the market..and bitcoins must not be used in these illegal activity which can reduce its usage and value.

I do not think bitcoin is not illegal activity, bitcoin just like you are trading other digital currencies like forex trading trading USD then I think it is not illegal action just yet there is no clear regulation about bitcoin.
Paupau29

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

I dont see anything new about your post there are also some report in previous report about bitcoin being use for illegal stuff or evil doings like buying ang selling drugs or these currency being use in blackmarket.even fiat is  being use in buying and selling of drugs so i dont think it could make a big impact to make bitcoin look bad. A lot of country now are starting to accept bitcoin i mean making it legal so i hope it continue and others country too also do it and i hope that these bad stuff stop because it could damage how people look at it and to make people realize that bitcoin how good it is.
Tux99

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:17:59 AM

which can also be used for illegal activities, it back again to us as users, ma used for what bitcoin we have. I think the news was made by the sentiments against bitcoin so they highlight bitcoin only when it is used for something illegal
Its very bad news when its filled only with illegal activity which done by bitcoin user but it never showed the legal and good thing like donation which done by bitcoin user. I hope media can listed legal and ilegal, good and bad so we can see from both side.
G
However i dont care with media because i am bitcoin supporter.
Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:31:13 AM

Rumors has it that bitcoin is used to for illegal activities like payments for weapons and payments for drugs but i dont think that this activities would reduce its usage and value, it is on the other hand would increase its value because it would increase the users and the more demand for bitcoin the more its price would increase.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
btcrising

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:50:36 AM

Guess what.. all the money in the world is used for illegal activiities, all the cash. So what?
itarachiu
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:05:01 AM

Guess what.. all the money in the world is used for illegal activiities, all the cash. So what?

Lol, the entire monetary system is a scam and now what ?

Just a simple bitcoin web directory.
cryptoguru4you
Copper Member

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:51:52 AM

Be it fiat or bitcoin, its humans like you and me who are using BTC to trade drug. There is noting that you could do to stop this. Also its a fake news as far as I know. Its being spread to enable government to ban BTC which I read that Indian government have started doing.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:54:09 AM

why should illegal thinks not get buyed by bitcoin ?
Today drugs and weapons you gets also with USD/EUR  so i think itsa good that the illegal side also pushes the coins !

regards
yitepaja

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:55:19 AM

All the currency are used for illigal activity so its obvious that bitcoin will also be used.
ratnawide

Activity: 166

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:57:37 AM

I have never heard of the use of bitcoin for illegal activities, but if so. bitcoin is not the source of the problem, the source of the problem is people who use bitcoin as an illegal activity, because all types of currency can actually be used as a tool for illegal activities
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:33:34 AM

the biggest advantage, and the only one everybody agrees on, is that bitcoin is decentralised and so extremely resistant to censorship. That has made it a haven for activities from cybercrime and drug trading to enabling international payments to closed economies and supporting radically off-grid living.
Yes you have a point. For me, bitcoin can use in illegal activities because their are some factors that can give advantages for illegal like being private of account. It is accessible also by anyone. So many advantages of bitcoin that can use for cybercrime but we should also put in mind that it us not good for actions and it will not help us.
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:36:31 AM

Money is used to buy weapons, drugs, and other crimes. Gold and other good jewelries can also be used to exchange some kind of drug as like Bitcoin it can be used too, but things are used depend on how people used them.... Don't put pressure on Bitcoin..
Suguha

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:15:50 AM

Bitcoin cannot use for illegal because in bitcoin you can earm money so, they don't need to do illegal crimes, using bitcoin can be a payment system so maybe they can use it in illegal crimes but I don't believe that they will use it because bitcoin has a secure and safe system.
jessequick

Activity: 220

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:21:52 AM

Bitcoin is like everybody, it's different.I do not know why everyone thinks so.It seems to me that Bitcoin has been moving the country towards progress.But some people think that drugs are selling with bitcoin.Drugs are sold by people even by real money.I think it's a misconception about Bitcoin in illegal countries.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:28:49 AM

For me, bitcoin can use in unlawful exercises on the grounds that their are a few factors that can give focal points for illicit like being private of record. It is available additionally by anybody. Such a large number of preferences of bitcoin that can use for digital wrongdoing yet we should likewise put at the top of the priority list that it us not useful for activities and it won't help us.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:27:49 PM

I thought that it's obvious for everyone nowadays, any currency that can't be tracked by police is perfect for criminals, but it doesn't mean that cryptocurrencies are bad. They used dollar, euro and other fiat currencies successfuly, in past.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: