Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:54:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
StoneSoup

Activity: 225
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:52:31 PM

Hi,

This is my first post here.  I came across this project while trying to find alternatives to Raiblocks, rebranded as Nano.  I'm interested in a coin that provides all the features of Nano, while also being a private coin.  My main interest in both Nano and a private version are for actual real world use.  Of course if value increases, its a nice bonus.  My point being there are many coins to invest in if turning a profit is what one is after.  I'm looking for real currency.   A feeless, virtually instant transfer coin that can handle higher transactions is at this point the bar, and privacy is required as there are too many scammers looking to profile people and capitalize on that knowledge. 

You have a vast choice, quite a few coins supposedly looking to make a Nano clone with privacy, eg. Stone, Manta, Paper, Azurlik and quite a few more. Not sure which will come through but I hope at least one does happen. I'm invested in a few but I know the risks and that I am likely to be scammed at least once and maybe every single one will be a scam but that is a risk I have reluctantly undertaken.

I'm hoping some members of this community or Felix himself could answer some basic questions I have.

On the first page I read:

30% donators (ending shortly - exact date yet to be announced)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.
10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

How does the airdrop for xrb holders work?  Is it simply that since we purchased xrb, you will send free coins or are we supposed to trade xrb for stone?

I think you show your Nano address, the amount of coins is checked and a proportional amount of Stone gets allocated to you based on that. I think this is currently a low priority for the developer since a working coin is what is critical here. I've never heard of trading coins for an airdrop so I do not think hat will happen.

As far as donations, I also read the price per coin is 0.0000007 btc, which works out at the moment to be .01 usd a coin.  Is it correct to think whatever amount is donated will be based on the current market value? 

Will this coin simply be for transactions or was a decision made to have other features added?

I think value is simply the amount currently invested but this will grow once all coins are distributed and trading starts happening. In the current market, it is going to be tough but I think we will see a fair bit of growth.

At the moment, I think the focus is for this coin to be a secure fast currency and anything else is not being focused on. In the future, maybe someone will want to expand the code but for now, lets just get the basic coin working.

I read here that the name stone is already in use.  I didn't see it on coinmarketcap.  Could someone post link to the other coin? 

There are a number of links on this thread to the other coin just a few pages back. I suggest you read through the entire thread since most of the answers you seek will be in the thread.

I think the name stone is great.  "How much is this book"..."That will be 4 stones"

Stone private. 
Every transaction comes with a clean slate.

Stone.
The bedrock of currency.
[/b][/b][/b][/b]

It is a great name but if it is taken, it is taken. We need to find something else. Ultimately, that is up to the dev.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:33:21 AM

Maybe we could call it Muni coin? It is what it is supposed to replace and it would be great to say "How much Muni does that cost?" or "How much Muni did you pay?"

I particularly like the fact that this sound a lot like the fiat it is to replace giving the association between fiat cash and this coin.

Also the short name would be MUNI so no confusion on exchanges by inexperienced traders.

Anyone else like the name?
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:32:36 AM

Maybe we could call it Muni coin? It is what it is supposed to replace and it would be great to say "How much Muni does that cost?" or "How much Muni did you pay?"

I particularly like the fact that this sound a lot like the fiat it is to replace giving the association between fiat cash and this coin.

Also the short name would be MUNI so no confusion on exchanges by inexperienced traders.

might be good to have some sort of voting. let´s see what happens when the donation period ends

Worldtokenindex

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:57:14 PM

At what date distribution will be started? Are any wallets availiable? Or now it's only prototype now?

Right now Dev have highest priority on Code and working coin. Donations deadline is till 9th of this month so right afterwards you can expect one day Felix can plan for distribution process of coins to the donators.

Wallets still under development phase, some time towards the end of this month Testnet release might occur. Stay tuned for further updates from Felixando.
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 03:35:28 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 03:49:41 PM by felixando

I personally appreciate the name Stone, as it relates to RaiStones, which is what RaiBlocks was originally named after, as i quite respect Colin and his remarkable project. As you can see the other Stone project was a mad scramble to release it before mine, as my announcement was dated first, just attempting to ride off my project hype, i disregard these small projects, they will not be anything substantial in 6months or 2 years.

As a side note, the member Apocabal, has now accepted an offer to be part of the Stone team, he will be working in the graphics department, his first role will be a redesign of the announcement thread, which will move to the website, then forum, Stone wallet, then substantial 2018 roadmap, all coming together quite pleasantly.

Some of Apocabal's recent work;

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
redmeat

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:42:46 PM

I personally appreciate the name Stone, as it relates to RaiStones, which is what RaiBlocks was originally named after, as i quite respect Colin and his remarkable project. As you can see the other Stone project was a mad scramble to release it before mine, as my announcement was dated first, just attempting to ride off my project hype, i disregard these small projects, they will not be anything substantial in 6months or 2 years.

As a side note, the member Apocabal, has now accepted an offer to be part of the Stone team, he will be working in the graphics department, his first role will be a redesign of the announcement thread, which will move to the website, then forum, Stone wallet, then substantial 2018 roadmap, all coming together quite pleasantly.

https://i.imgur.com/aVftfVU.png

https://i.imgur.com/G97Pft1.png

felixando

How long until distribution?
MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:20:27 PM

Who cares about distribution???

Felix are we going to see the code on February 9th?

If not this is an elaborate long con and anyone still donating is letting greed rule their actions.

Everything we've seen can be created relatively easily.

Will there be code to be scrutinized on February 9th?
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:32:30 PM

Who cares about distribution???

Felix are we going to see the code on February 9th?

If not this is an elaborate long con and anyone still donating is letting greed rule their actions.

Everything we've seen can be created relatively easily.

Will there be code to be scrutinized on February 9th?

Feb 9th is 2 days away, surly you can wait a couple of days to see. If it doesn't appear then complain but this is the timetable he set and we simply need to wait and see if he sticks to it.

Time will tell of course.

Felixando, have you considered using erc20 tokens for distribution to donators until the coin is ready? They can then trade them for coins when the coin is available,
Empiretoken

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:34:46 PM

A re you guys asking for donations?
StoneSoup

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:37:04 PM

A re you guys asking for donations?

See page 1
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 11:10:46 PM

felixando

Well I like the UI design and I hope team have skill to translate this in actual working wallet.
Seems like good progress and yes i agree no name change required, i like the name Stone

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Yeuph

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:23:29 PM

Hey felixando,

About a week ago I sent you a PM telling you I would like to donate more money (as the value of what I sent changed dramatically because of the market crashed).  I'll probably just send you Ethereum this time (I sent XRB initially).  Would it be OK to send you 2 separate donations using 2 separate currencies from the same username on the forums or would it be easier for your record keeping if I just created a second bitcointalk account and sent you the Ether from there?
bluemazz

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:57:30 AM

Been following this project for a while, glad to see it taking shape!
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:58:43 AM

Hey felixando,

About a week ago I sent you a PM telling you I would like to donate more money (as the value of what I sent changed dramatically because of the market crashed).  I'll probably just send you Ethereum this time (I sent XRB initially).  Would it be OK to send you 2 separate donations using 2 separate currencies from the same username on the forums or would it be easier for your record keeping if I just created a second bitcointalk account and sent you the Ether from there?

He already cashed out before dip, atleast from BTC wallet what I have seen, so may be he will be using $ value when you have donated and not the price at the time of distribution of coins, because as of now we dont know when distribution will happen so calculating value in future would be difficult considering various kind of crypto donations and each can go up or down in a huge way, so to be fair with everyone, i think he is considering $ value of what you have donated at the time of donation.

May be he can confirm that, but i am sure something on similar lines.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:25:14 AM

Hey felixando,

About a week ago I sent you a PM telling you I would like to donate more money (as the value of what I sent changed dramatically because of the market crashed).  I'll probably just send you Ethereum this time (I sent XRB initially).  Would it be OK to send you 2 separate donations using 2 separate currencies from the same username on the forums or would it be easier for your record keeping if I just created a second bitcointalk account and sent you the Ether from there?

He already cashed out before dip, atleast from BTC wallet what I have seen, so may be he will be using $ value when you have donated and not the price at the time of distribution of coins, because as of now we dont know when distribution will happen so calculating value in future would be difficult considering various kind of crypto donations and each can go up or down in a huge way, so to be fair with everyone, i think he is considering $ value of what you have donated at the time of donation.

That is correct! as donations come in, ill be liquidating to USD, so far saved the project from losing around 75% of donation value by using this method to lock-in current value, distribution amounts will be calculated in USD value. This will continue up until the 9th of this month, when the donation period finishes, and all donations will be finalized and no new donations accepted, so i can start preparing for distribution once the testing is complete.

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:22:40 AM

Hey felixando,

About a week ago I sent you a PM telling you I would like to donate more money (as the value of what I sent changed dramatically because of the market crashed).  I'll probably just send you Ethereum this time (I sent XRB initially).  Would it be OK to send you 2 separate donations using 2 separate currencies from the same username on the forums or would it be easier for your record keeping if I just created a second bitcointalk account and sent you the Ether from there?

That is correct! as donations come in, ill be liquidating to USD, so far saved the project from losing around 75% of donation value by using this method to lock-in current value, distribution amounts will be calculated in USD value. This will continue up until the 9th of this month, when the donation period finishes, and all donations will be finalized and no new donations accepted, so i can start preparing for distribution once the testing is complete.

felixando

Good thing to do so! I really like the addition to the team. The artwork is just nice. Keep on going Wink

Yodax

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

Hey felixando,

felixando

Hey i'm still interested in donating, but Felixando you said that all testers for testnet could share their experience BEFORE the 9th (end of donations). Is someone in the testnet could share anything ?
Worldtokenindex

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:52:52 PM

Hey felixando,

felixando

Hey i'm still interested in donating, but Felixando you said that all testers for testnet could share their experience BEFORE the 9th (end of donations). Is someone in the testnet could share anything ?

Testnet is not launched yet. Hoping Felixando will announce any time soon just stay tuned for upcoming news. Not sure of it will happen before 9th?
Gluon

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:17:31 AM

Hi felixando,

I just sent you 2.62 ETH for the project. Here is the TX hash:

0xba8f62969e543cd70bd98a2f9eb672351566a2534dec2f5139fbed507608d750

Are you going to wait till a good time to cash out?
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:54:30 AM

Had forgotten about this project, is it still too late to send donations for the project. Had written you a pm weeks ago dev and didn't get a response. I'm still interested. Thanks.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: