Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:21:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42138 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 07:34:28 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 04:40:27 PM by felixando
Merited by Koger (5)

Introduction

Stone will be the first DAG (direct acylic graph) data-structured digital currency with private transactions, allowing instant, fee-less anonymous transaction with high scaling (up to 7,000txs per second) Stone will be forked from the RaiBlocks codebase, whilst the chain is not near completion as it currently stands and it just myself who will be working on the project, i do not offer high quality illustrations & impressive marketing, what i do offer, however is highly scalable, private, instant a fee-less transactions, all on a decentralized network once the project is complete

Work Ethics

What i can promise you

• Dedication
  • Constant updates
  • a finished product
  • a quality product delivered in a timely manner

What i cannot promise you

• Exchange listings
  • Price increases
  • Advertising
  • False hype
  • An unfinished product, i always complete a project in time.

This pre-announcement is merely just the beginning of a long path, the stepping stone for a great advance in an already amazing pre-existing technology. I cannot express enough respect Colin and his innovative idea which has solved the blockchain debacle, a incredible amount of work and dedication has gone it to his project and Stone will never discredit his efforts.

Methodology

I've been experimenting with the idea of using zkSNARKs, similar to the tech used in the ZCash cryptocurrency, this will prove to be a challenge since we are no longer using a blockchain, we are using a DAG.

From my findings with drafts between the balanced-weighted vote & sk-SNARKs, unfortunately the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & z-addresses (zStone), with an exact exchange between paired wallets for a private untraceable transaction. My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have received the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Apologies in advance for the rough draft schematics, this is not anywhere near complete and is subject to change.

zStone would not be a separate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

Beautiful splash screen mock up work by rmena123

a very short summary, zkSNARKs have 4 main ingredients:

A) Encoding as a polynomial problem

The program that is to be checked is compiled into a quadratic equation of polynomials: t(x) h(x) = w(x) v(x), where the equality holds if and only if the program is computed correctly. The prover wants to convince the verifier that this equality holds.

B) Succinctness by random sampling

The verifier chooses a secret evaluation point s to reduce the problem from multiplying polynomials and verifying polynomial function equality to simple multiplication and equality check on numbers: t(s)h(s) = w(s)v(s)

This reduces both the proof size and the verification time tremendously.

C) Homomorphic encoding / encryption

An encoding/encryption function E is used that has some homomorphic properties (but is not fully homomorphic, something that is not yet practical). This allows the prover to compute E(t(s)), E(h(s)), E(w(s)), E(v(s)) without knowing s, she only knows E(s) and some other helpful encrypted values.

D) Zero Knowledge

The prover permutes the values E(t(s)), E(h(s)), E(w(s)), E(v(s)) by multiplying with a number so that the verifier can still check their correct structure without knowing the actual encoded values.

The very rough idea is that checking t(s)h(s) = w(s)v(s) is identical to checking t(s)h(s) k = w(s)v(s) k for a random secret number k (which is not zero), with the difference that if you are sent only the numbers (t(s)h(s) k) and (w(s)v(s) k), it is impossible to derive t(s)h(s) or w(s)v(s).

(Christian Reitwiessner 2016)

Wallet design by Apocabal

Splash screen:

Overview:

Distribution

Update 22/01/18
As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

30% donators (if any)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.
10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

Whilst i do not wish to run a crowdsale, donations are welcome and will go towards my efforts in development. Donators will be noted in a database & published alongside Stone's main announcement, your assistance will not go unnoticed, depending on the distribution method selected as a community, donators may be included as a portion of distribution, we must first select method of distribution and work from there. For now donations should be treated as exactly that, donations.

Please note, this announcement thread is a pre-ann and is not complete, i will update as the project progresses.

References:
RaiBlocks Announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381323.0
RaiBlocks whitepaper: https://raiblocks.net/media/RaiBlocks_Whitepaper.pdf
zkSNARKs: https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/12/05/zksnarks-in-a-nutshell/
Bitcoin: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
DAG: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_reduction

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:51:01 AM

self-moderated. Why is that?
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:20:41 AM

self-moderated. Why is that?

Hi there , For the same reason most projects self-moderate, to prevent spam & fud.

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:47:17 AM

I've been meaning to learn more about DAG protocols and also zkSNARKs, so now I can do both in one place  Smiley. Gonna be watching this one.
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

I've been meaning to learn more about DAG protocols and also zkSNARKs, so now I can do both in one place  Smiley. Gonna be watching this one.
I appreciate your support, i will do my best to educate not only myself but others around me of these protocols & technologies along the way.

gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:10:29 AM

RaiBlocks is an interesting coin, I've been doing it since February this year, but how much do I remember they have a problem with the wallet? are you from the team? what exactly do you want to change? or just a fork? and the moderated branch will only push you away. (I think only if the Russian branch  Grin)
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:19:10 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 04:13:53 AM by felixando

RaiBlocks is an interesting coin, I've been doing it since February this year, but how much do I remember they have a problem with the wallet? are you from the team? what exactly do you want to change? or just a fork? and the moderated branch will only push you away. (I think only if the Russian branch  Grin)
Correct, it's an extremely interesting creation by Colin, and i do believe DAG based currencies will be the future, which is why i am starting work on the first optional-anonymous based DAG, i am not from the RaiBlocks team, Stone will be a fork, the first fork to my knowledge.

herfie.chen

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:20:00 AM

I think this is great project, do you have another information about this project like website, roadmap and whitepaper?

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
bruges

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:18:55 AM

Link to the github?
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 01:16:18 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 04:13:24 AM by felixando

I think this is great project, do you have another information about this project like website, roadmap and whitepaper?

Hi, this is a pre-ann, so its a stripped down version lacking all the fluff. I'm not attempting to sell a product, so i feel there is need to create hype whitepapers + website's at the moment, the code  will speak for itself, after there's a working version, we will focus on advertising.

dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:26:25 PM

The key concept in your project is a free instant transaction. If it falls on the leading stock exchanges, the transport of funds between exchanges and purses will be carried out through this coin. But, how will the services of the master classes be paid?
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:08:36 PM

We can't just take your word though. Circumstances I think needs precautions Cheesy Is there an escrow that you think can help you have the funds which will be  released every time is needed? Multisig of course. We all know the scammers attempt here so that's just a fair condition. Hope this don't get deleted. Crossfingers!
vsh

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:14:31 PM

Do you need help with making it? I'd like to give a hand on a few simpler tasks.
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:38:33 PM

I agree that DAG is the future. However, have you considered joining the Raiblocks team to help develop privacy solutions? It seems to me that we should concentrate our efforts to gather the best team around this great technology.

Saying that, I love the name STONE and it's logo. Sounds a way better brand than raiblocks to me.
Will you be setting up a twitter account or a telegram announcements group? It would be great for those of us who want to follow this project closely.

EDIT: one more question... Byteball, another DAG cryptocurrency already has it's own privacy solution in the form of Blackbites. In what way will your coin have an advantage over it (besides being fee-less)?
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:37:48 PM

Good idea. It will be popular for sure.

I just wish people would contact the main project and suggest the idea before forking off to another project.

We can accomplish more together folks.  Kiss
luguang

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

B2B - Find, Connect, Trade

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:23:43 PM

Interesting concepts and have some innovative functions. the hard work of dev is worth encouraging and appreciating. hope it will be successful.

bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:57:15 PM

you say "Stone will be forked from the RaiBlocks codebase"
so Stone will have the same supply like Raiblocks $XRB? around 133M (after burn) or around 300M (before burn)?

cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:56:00 AM

Interesting, need some more info from you dev and the project, I will donate some BTC to $STONE as I did for $XEL. Hope to hear some more news on this project soon. Cheers. Grin

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
felixando (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:13:01 AM

Interesting, need some more info from you dev and the project, I will donate some BTC to $STONE as I did for $XEL. Hope to hear some more news on this project soon. Cheers. Grin

Thank you, appreciate that.

you say "Stone will be forked from the RaiBlocks codebase"
so Stone will have the same supply like Raiblocks $XRB? around 133M (after burn) or around 300M (before burn)?

These details are yet to be determined, but i'm leaning towards a 100M supply cap.

Whilst we are on the subject, would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:04:17 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 10:16:44 AM by xibeijan

Now this sounds like a good idea.

No wasting time, no marketing smoke and mirrors, just a focus on development.

How long do you think this will take?

Will you need a trusted setup with key signing like for ZCash?

I heard there is a thing called ZStarks (or something like that) that does not require the trusted setup.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: