Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:04:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:32:15 AM

I think that the best way to do the distribution, is with faucets, like XRB.

I'd say cpu mining, almost everyone has access to cpus.

If mining is not needed, then captcha I guess but feels copycat.

copying isn't always bad - what do you think CEOs of companies do, copy whats successful.

it also caused the cryptopia delisting, it would be good if the captcha distribution is only for a certain time period
ChuckSRQ

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:50:54 AM

I would like to donate to this project. But I want escrow.

Do 100 Million supply and escrow, and I pledge .1 BTC.

Masternodes would also be cool. Why can't we have distribution spread over time? Like BTC?
bitblaster

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

Bit Blaster

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:05:09 AM

I definitely support this project.
Let me know if you need help. Any link to a github repository?

Cheers  Smiley
-bitblaster

felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 04:07:11 AM

After seeing all the issues RaiBlocks had i don't think i can do catchpa faucet distribution, it places too much stress on the community.

felixando

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
singleMan

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:18:37 AM

After seeing all the issues RaiBlocks had i don't think i can do catchpa faucet distribution, it places too much stress on the community.

felixando

what problems?
Yodax

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:26:54 PM

👋 hello everyone, noobie here Wink

Very interested in your project. A dag based private coin seems to adress a lot of problems blockchain is facing right now.
I'm willing to invest a few as soon as there is a an escrow or an ico (you could do an ico with maximum participation capped at let's say 2ether or something similar)
Good luck to you!

Yodax
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:06:20 PM

Forked from XRB?
XRB supply has ended, no new coin. and how this fork works? start from 0? how to mining? PoW?
IBuyCoins

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:13:57 PM

felixando

With all due respect, I find your behaviour to be very unsettling.

You create a PRE-ANN and already start accepting donations for the supply of a yet to be coin ?

You refuse to distribute the coin fairly through a faucet ?

The XRB lead dev distributed his coin for FREE, didn't ask for donations and already had code to show.

This all seems very fishy to me.

Please stop accepting donations. Please first start working on the code, then distribute the coin for free through a Faucet like XRB did and finally, if you wish, start accepting donations (Rather not see that, don't remember XRB devs asking for donations ? I might be wrong ?)

Not the other way around.

Too many red flags.
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

The ridiculous amount of 1 post newbies on this thread is also another major red flag!

Not to mention the fact that the real Raiblocks simply has to add privacy features and then this entire fork becomes irrelevant.
IBuyCoins

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:55:36 PM

The ridiculous amount of 1 post newbies on this thread is also another major red flag!

Not to mention the fact that the real Raiblocks simply has to add privacy features and then this entire fork becomes irrelevant.

Agreed ! It's quite ironic though, because I created my account today just hoping to get answers to my concerns from OP but that also makes me part of the sea of newly created accounts on this thread.

Way too many red flags for me. I will wait for the dev to show the code.

https://i.imgur.com/YS7tC5q.jpg
JamesMangan

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:13:07 PM

I actually created an account to respond to this thread - couldn't find my old login details from ages ago..

For me, most of the stuff I see on here is just not worth responding to or following.  I don't see any problem with the OP asking for donations as it is exactly that, a donation.. If people don't want to donate now for obvious reasons, then don't, its as simple as that.

If OP is as nerdy as I hope he is then communication might not be his strong suite and not realize that some of this comes off a bit shady. 
Jester.

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:22:54 PM

Forked from XRB?
XRB supply has ended, no new coin. and how this fork works? start from 0? how to mining? PoW?

Its like a clone of XRB, same codebase with modifications, not like a bitcoincash fork.

I actually created an account to respond to this thread - couldn't find my old login details from ages ago..

For me, most of the stuff I see on here is just not worth responding to or following.  I don't see any problem with the OP asking for donations as it is exactly that, a donation.. If people don't want to donate now for obvious reasons, then don't, its as simple as that.

If OP is as nerdy as I hope he is then communication might not be his strong suite and not realize that some of this comes off a bit shady. 

+1

no one is forcing anyone to donate, OP says donate if you wish to help, it should be treated as a donation. I donated because i respect the DAG tech and i like the feeling of lending a helping hand.

Some of you guys are acting like a robber just walked in and forced your bitcoin wallets open! if you like the project, follow the thread and get involved, like the dev has said, don't donate until first release if you feel uncertain. I don't think he is out to impress, just to code.
alex_rada

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

This is bat country!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:01:24 PM

The project seems quite interesting and I'm commenting here just so I can follow. It would be nice if the dev posted at least a git repo for now.
Diggity94

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:09:29 PM

Why fork from raiblocks?  don't know much that, so can someone explain benefits?
Silber

Activity: 1154
Merit: 154

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:13:32 PM

Iota is still beta. The Iota Tangle is not stand alone, the Tangle is controlled by coordinators, and the coordinators are controlled by the Iota foundation. Who will control the coordinator of your project? You alone, a community, foundation or a company?

If you are a programmer for 13 year and in the crypto world, you should have enough money to start the project. Why you asking her for small amounts of money? Nobody will send you a big amount, if there is no escrow, ico or other security for the money.
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:18:21 PM

Why fork from raiblocks?  don't know much that, so can someone explain benefits?

The introduction already summarized it all up
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

Forked from XRB?

Its like a clone of XRB, same codebase with modifications, not like a bitcoincash fork.

+1

no one is forcing anyone to donate, OP says donate if you wish to help, it should be treated as a donation. I donated because i respect the DAG tech and i like the feeling of lending a helping hand.

Some of you guys are acting like a robber just walked in and forced your bitcoin wallets open! if you like the project, follow the thread and get involved, like the dev has said, don't donate until first release if you feel uncertain. I don't think he is out to impress, just to code.

Donators get 30% of the total supply. It is not considered as a donation if that is the case
IBuyCoins

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:09:38 PM

Why is OP so silent ?
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:09:47 PM

Aside being fee less, what other advantage does Stone have over other anonymous transactions coins out there? Following the project closely.
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:12:10 PM

Wow ambitious idea and it combines my two favorite aspects of a coin privacy and DAG tech. I am on board for this, since there is no ICO how will distribution be handled then? I am glad you wont be doing captchas as a form of distribution because I agree too much stress and headache for the community. Would you perhaps consider an airdrop distribution? That way you can get it into a lot of hands and do something similar to what Byteball and DeepOnion are doing. Those coins seem to be doing well anyways just a thought take it or leave it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: