Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829874 times)
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:31:37 PM

OMFG, you really are dumb. Are you tealover's buddy? Check when it started accumulating and when did the pool grow the most

Unexchanged or at least a part of it goes to balance, but with those small coins it takes time to get sold. This is the way it works when you mine small coins

hi to all
my "Unexchanged Balance" does not go into "Balance" about 2 days
what happens ?

Due to recent flood of hashpower into this pool we are sitting on tons of unexchanged coins which have no value. These coins will NEVER get exchanged because market volume is too high.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:33:10 PM

hi to all
what happens ?

Due to recent flood of hashpower into this pool we are sitting on tons of unexchanged coins which have no value. These coins will NEVER get exchanged because market volume is too high.

and what to do ?
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:58:20 PM

hi to all
what happens ?

and what to do ?

Grow a pair and pick yourself?
zSprawl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:32:42 PM

This thread needs a moderator...

BTC: 1EyCRbT3YeskViEtH9KfRLpjdR2nsrrcW6
neofatalist

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:07:51 PM

Anyone think alt-coins will go up in value before recent drop? I made like 20-25$ day in december and now its down to 14$?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And h20 really need to do something about user 1M3jtksp1upR33SX1VzeCfH5x9fc6zKykR with hashrate of 639 Mh/s (mining with ASIC)
23 Mh/s increase in less than 24 hours. This is worrying especially if he's making a second "mining plant" with another 600 Mh/s. That means he is going to take 10% OF TOTAL POOL VALUE.

With that hashrate he can go and solo-mine instead on a low difficulty alt-coin.

What actually is wrong with 1M3jtksp1upR33SX1VzeCfH5x9fc6zKykR???

Explain to me why having him on the pool is a bad thing?

well only bad thing i see is we cant mine smaller alt coins cause of the pools huge hash we would send their diff thru the roof very fast and wouldnt be worth mining them and dumping huge amount of some alt coins could cause a crash in value.  Seems h20 cant sell alot of our alt coins as is right now im up to nearly .040 in unexchanged myself already or hes not around right now he haset posted in forums sence the 7th.

This is the exact reason it's a bit sad we have such huge miners. I'm not suggesting he should be removed. Cause it's only fair. But it hurts us a little bit

Wouldn't it be possible for H20 to set up several servers mining different coins and have everyone hit just one server and balance out the hashing so that newer coins dont get hit hard? Reward would be proportional to accepted hash rate and not what particular coin mined to make it fair.
mikeybit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:10:40 PM

Anyone think alt-coins will go up in value before recent drop? I made like 20-25$ day in december and now its down to 14$?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And h20 really need to do something about user 1M3jtksp1upR33SX1VzeCfH5x9fc6zKykR with hashrate of 639 Mh/s (mining with ASIC)
23 Mh/s increase in less than 24 hours. This is worrying especially if he's making a second "mining plant" with another 600 Mh/s. That means he is going to take 10% OF TOTAL POOL VALUE.

With that hashrate he can go and solo-mine instead on a low difficulty alt-coin.

well only bad thing i see is we cant mine smaller alt coins cause of the pools huge hash we would send their diff thru the roof very fast and wouldnt be worth mining them and dumping huge amount of some alt coins could cause a crash in value.  Seems h20 cant sell alot of our alt coins as is right now im up to nearly .040 in unexchanged myself already or hes not around right now he haset posted in forums sence the 7th.

This is the exact reason it's a bit sad we have such huge miners. I'm not suggesting he should be removed. Cause it's only fair. But it hurts us a little bit

Wouldn't it be possible for H20 to set up several servers mining different coins and have everyone hit just one server and balance out the hashing so that newer coins dont get hit hard? Reward would be proportional to accepted hash rate and not what particular coin mined to make it fair.

This has been brought up several times.  I think there's some tech challenges to doing it this way and might require some actual work.
neofatalist

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

hi to all
what happens ?

I'm not sure that makes any sense. Why will they never get exchanged? high volume is great, it means liquidity and it means that h20 can move them. low volume is bad because trades are few. For all we know its another issue altogether. I would like to hear an update though if possible.
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:19:22 PM

It is possible, but all the code will have to be re-written which is indeed a huge lot of work. This kind of pool will be Middlecoin's killer sooner or later
jam3zs

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:24:32 PM

This thread needs a moderator...

+ 1

The rules should be that you read the wiki and agree that you understand it before posting.
If you post a stupid question or say some of the same recycled shit from then on you get banned for a day or something like that.

tbh it's not really your fault if you ask/say stupid stuff when you're a newbie but the wiki should be more accessible/obvious.

mikeybit

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

It is possible, but all the code will have to be re-written which is indeed a huge lot of work. This kind of pool will be Middlecoin's killer sooner or later

Kind of thinking out loud.

Would the fixed difficulty of 512 make all coins equal in terms of shares accepted?  ie: 2 miners with same hashpower working on 2 different coins, would they theoretically submit the same amount of shares?

If so, it wouldn't be that difficult to create a pool that way.  However if a coin with much lower difficulty gets many more shares, there's no way to equally distribute the proceeds.
npno

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:29:04 PM

hi to all
what happens ?

I'm not sure that makes any sense. Why will they never get exchanged? high volume is great, it means liquidity and it means that h20 can move them. low volume is bad because trades are few. For all we know its another issue altogether. I would like to hear an update though if possible.

Simple supply/demand.

If we flood the market with all these coins, the value will decrease dramatically.
hardergamer

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:36:23 PM

hi to all
what happens ?

Simple supply/demand.

If we flood the market with all these coins, the value will decrease dramatically.

You got it  Smiley

neofatalist

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:41:20 PM

hi to all
what happens ?

Simple supply/demand.

You got it  Smiley

I'm not saying to exchange it all at once though. I do understand that flooding the market will affect price, which is why I would like an update of sorts
neofatalist

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:44:35 PM

This has been brought up several times.  I think there's some tech challenges to doing it this way and might require some actual work.

I would love to work on something like this and maybe some other alternatives. Unfortunately I don't have the time and people already criticize how much time and effort I put into this as it is. Not sure if any of you guys have this same issues or how you deal with it. It doesn't matter how high bitcoin goes and how much adoption it has.
mikeybit

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:45:48 PM

I would love to work on something like this and maybe some other alternatives. Unfortunately I don't have the time and people already criticize how much time and effort I put into this as it is. Not sure if any of you guys have this same issues or how you deal with it. It doesn't matter how high bitcoin goes and how much adoption it has.

There are other pools popping up that seem really promising. I'm going to be testing some out after this weekend.
neofatalist

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:47:06 PM

There are other pools popping up that seem really promising. I'm going to be testing some out after this weekend.

Care to share sir?  Grin
Quacko

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:57:58 PM

Tbh, if the source code is well designed it shouldn't be rewritten completely at all. Decent coding is easy to adapt/change or extend. But as most or all is written by one person, chances are that the coding is done without care for design, structure and transparency.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:04:05 PM

You guys are bitching about one farm putting out 600mh?? That's like 1/20th of the pool. Alone he isn't doing anything to what the pool can mine. I'd like to see some development to the pool where it mines multiple coins simultaneously but hey, not my pool, can't do it myself.

Also, if he was some secret ASIC manufacturer, I'd expect a lot more than 600 mh. Don't know what they are running, but a 1000 gpu farm isn't impossible.
soilworker

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:18:18 PM

Well first guy hashrate increased with 80 MH in less than a day...it should be a botnet, or they are redirecting slowly the rest of their farm to middlecoin...

EMC2: EbAE8cvkmQGawUxsVcquRS94dLVSxvj7UW 
http://einsteinium.org/
coin123123

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:21:41 PM

Well first guy hashrate increased with 80 MH in less than a day...it should be a botnet, or they are redirecting slowly the rest of their farm to middlecoin...
probably he is adding one gpu every 10 minutes Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: