Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829874 times)
duz

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:24:19 PM

From https://www.litecoinpool.org/help :

How does share difficulty influence my earnings?
Short answer: it doesn't.
Long answer: a higher/lower share difficulty does not mean you will be earning more/less, because your expected earnings are independent of the share difficulty: they only depend on your hash rate and on the network difficulty. A higher share difficulty can only increase the variance, but not in a significant way.

Thats why I lost 27% of my WU... I call that significant!
because an hour is enough time to tell statistical significance?

I track my WU, normally it's between 1950 and 2250, with the 1024 blocks I'm getting between 1100 and 1600 so yeah it shows.

A lot of the problems started when that other profit pool started to use middlecoin around new year.
http://www.middlecoin.com/reports/1M3jtksp1upR33SX1VzeCfH5x9fc6zKykR.html

It doubled middlecoins hashrate...

Unlucky, my WU is exactly the same
okimzti

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:27:03 PM

Long answer: a higher/lower share difficulty does not mean you will be earning more/less, because your expected earnings are independent of the share difficulty: they only depend on your hash rate and on the network difficulty. A higher share difficulty can only increase the variance, but not in a significant way.

I track my WU, normally it's between 1950 and 2250, with the 1024 blocks I'm getting between 1100 and 1600 so yeah it shows.

A lot of the problems started when that other profit pool started to use middlecoin around new year.

Sounds like you got shit on, should probably go to another pool.  My WU is fine at this difficulty
Suikoden

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:31:41 PM

Yeah, my WU is mostly the same as well. Down about 5-7 across each of my rigs, which isn't that bad. Even if it was, the 1024 difficulty is temporary. Will most likely revert to 512 in a few hours, maybe a day.

http://www.twitter.com/middlecoinpool

If anyone wants to follow the updates. He tweets regularly.
MagicOnline

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:32:26 PM

Sounds like you got shit on, should probably go to another pool.  My WU is fine at this difficulty

I just got alot of "2003 Can't connect to Mysql" errors on cgminer, it seems that the useast server was giving the issues.
Switched to the normal server and I only got that message once... (till now) hashrate is also around the 2.1K 25% less  like the useast server.
ButterBread

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:36:33 PM

I am happy to give up 3% of my profits if it means everything gets taken care of for me.

True, but there's always room for improvement. And things haven't been improving lately.
Panteraswift

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:37:13 PM

I restarted two miners so the previous shares at diff 512 were not taken into account for the WU calculations, and the results are a lot lower than I anticipated, down 27%.

UPDATE: Improving slowly, now at 22%

If you feel I helped:
BTC 1CKwmN5zrrqDLgzmwFgvr1AbqXPSDaRrXp
Anubite

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:47:12 PM

H2O is making $4,000 per day in his fees, but he is too greedy to spend a little bit to upgrade servers, or the website so the graphs display properly, or to buy DDOS protection.

Sounds like the house of cards is falling and people are starting to believe me about H2O's incompetence.
tealover, might you suggest a 100% foolproof DDOS protection service, or estimate how much H2O's servers cost

His cost is probably around $4,000/month max. And he can get cloudflare ddos protection for $200/month. Assuming he's making $2,500/day, it's not much at all.

At 12gh/s, he makes over 360 free overclocked r9 290x's worth of mh/s. At about .01 per "card" per day, I expect him to make a minimum of 3.6 BTC per day. MORE than plenty. FEES = TOO HIGH. We are letting ourselves be robbed.

Yeah, I know, I just shorted it just in case. I've already figured he makes between 3-5 BTC/day... yesterday he made 6 BTC.

I just don't think people realize just how much 3% adds up. If they think it's worth the sacrifice, they certainly never have any reason other than "I am lazy." Seriously, what is this guy doing to deserve SO MUCH from all of us, even the lazy ones? Certainly not anything major. Hashcows does more, for less...and they are two or three guys splitting the money.

I highly recommend not allowing yourself to be extorted by h2o "sorting things out" for you.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
bitter_miner

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

Diff at 1024 is a huge fucking joke.

As if there were not enough reasons to leave already... omg

Dont stay mining on middlecrap please.

exit stage left... there's the door... happy hunting....
choose one...
it takes a matter of seconds to change pools...
EdBoon

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:48:01 PM

I am happy to give up 3% of my profits if it means everything gets taken care of for me.

True, but there's always room for improvement. And things haven't been improving lately.

Well then someone should create their own pool with better service, you can take the market away from him.  I'm sure it's super easy.  Everyone likes to bitch but do nothing to contribute besides chipping in their 2 cent ideas and expects implementation immediately because they are giving him a % of their hashing.  You are using his service.

He's working on adding 3 or 4 more servers currently in beta (i guess that's not improvement to you) and integrating an auto select pool. Added a twitter account to post updates which is much better than the forum.  Everyone acts like he only sits back and collects.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even check this forum anymore with all the garbage he would have to sort through.  He even took the link off of the website, probably a good idea as it has turned toxic with negativity.
Pustul

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:48:27 PM

What is WU?
MagicOnline

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:49:28 PM

What is WU?

Work Utility aka your pool hashrate
hardergamer

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:53:06 PM

My rigs are liking the 1024k my sheres and my WU's are up, with very low rejects, going by cgminer  Smiley

Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:55:50 PM

H2O is making $4,000 per day in his fees, but he is too greedy to spend a little bit to upgrade servers, or the website so the graphs display properly, or to buy DDOS protection.

Sounds like the house of cards is falling and people are starting to believe me about H2O's incompetence.
tealover, might you suggest a 100% foolproof DDOS protection service, or estimate how much H2O's servers cost

His cost is probably around $4,000/month max. And he can get cloudflare ddos protection for $200/month. Assuming he's making $2,500/day, it's not much at all.

At 12gh/s, he makes over 360 free overclocked r9 290x's worth of mh/s. At about .01 per "card" per day, I expect him to make a minimum of 3.6 BTC per day. MORE than plenty. FEES = TOO HIGH. We are letting ourselves be robbed.

Yeah, I know, I just shorted it just in case. I've already figured he makes between 3-5 BTC/day... yesterday he made 6 BTC.

I just don't think people realize just how much 3% adds up. If they think it's worth the sacrifice, they certainly never have any reason other than "I am lazy." Seriously, what is this guy doing to deserve SO MUCH from all of us, even the lazy ones? Certainly not anything major. Hashcows does more, for less...and they are two or three guys splitting the money.

I highly recommend not allowing yourself to be extorted by h2o "sorting things out" for you.

Let me know when hashco.ws gets above .003BTC per MH a day.  Hashco.ws doesn't do anything more right now.  All the features are currently vaporware.  Their stats are even MORE unstable.
Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:59:11 PM

And by the way, I don't give a fuck about "features".  I want BTC.  I don't need the bells and whistles at the expense of payouts.  If I can get them WITHOUT sacrificing BTC, great.  Until then, hashco.ws and hashbros are not worth it.  I'll keep watching them, but until they straighten out, I'm not giving away cycles.  I'd rather give 3% for pretty consistent payouts.
fafalecureuil

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:03:32 AM

This is an h2odysee address : http://www.middlecoin.com/reports/16ZMMv99GqprG7vZmmZLA4KJbWHi9ziLXw.html
Strange payout yesterday.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:07:58 AM

Oh great another round of ignore distribution  Cool

On another note... lo and behold my WU actually increased after the diff change  Shocked

Keep up the good work H2O and I'm sure you'll solve this server issues in no time! Keep it up  Smiley

PS - I'll leave as an exercise to the self entitled complainers, the explanation as to why the WU actually increased  Grin

Suikoden

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:11:28 AM

Quite clearly a troll, but I'm bored, so what the hell.

I know exactly how much the 3% adds up to. It's still worth it to me and many others as long as mining here is relatively maintenance-free and more profitable than other pools. The fact that H20 is still able to keep profits the same and some days even better than other profit-switching pools while having a monstrous pool says something. I've tried all of the profit-switching pools short of CoinEx's and Switcherpool. What I've found:

1) MultiPool: You handle exchanging your own coins. You setup several payment addresses and deal with the hassles of the exchanges. While you can certainly make more money on these pools if you babysit your coins and watch the markets, I find it to be a huge hassle. Some people prefer this, and that's fine by me. Good for them. I do not.

2) Hashcows: Hybrid of having an either/or option (exchange your own or auto-exchange). Used to go toe-to-toe with Middlecoin before they got hacked. Since then, profits have been abysmal. I have no doubt they'll get back to their usual level of profit, but for now, it's terrible. Having seen many pools get hacked, the possibility of them getting hacked and losing all of their stored bitcoins (again) is still there, even with a revamped site. This is something that pools that are similar to Middlecoin (worker is your wallet address) don't have to fuss with.

3) All of the others: Some are Middlecoin-style of hooking up your payment address, most are similar to MultiPool or Hashcows (generally the former). These sites are generally still new and don't have optimized engines, databases, stratum servers, or what have you. Due to this, profits are hurt when they'd otherwise probably be a little higher than Middlecoin. It'll get fixed I'm sure, but for now this isn't the case.

All in all, does this make me lazy? Probably. However, I run several rigs, with many, many more on the way. Simplicity is key for me. If someone is willing to do the dirty work for me, while still giving me profits the same as or better than competitors, then they will have my business.
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

Let me know when hashco.ws gets above .003BTC per MH a day.  Hashco.ws doesn't do anything more right now.  All the features are currently vaporware.  Their stats are even MORE unstable.

Can't say I am happy with Hashcows after the hack, but they were hacked nonetheless. They are also rebuilding the site from scratch, yet taking longer than I wish to do so. Not that I fully trust them, but they sure have done a hell of a lot more to justify their fees of just 2.5%. I was getting around the same profits from them before their stratum issue lately. The RPC rounds have been throwing off people's apparent profits lately, too.

Honestly, I was on the edge of leaving them for middlecoin, but it's up in the air again the more I see. Might just mine individual coins at this rate.

And by the way, I don't give a fuck about "features".  I want BTC.  I don't need the bells and whistles at the expense of payouts.  If I can get them WITHOUT sacrificing BTC, great.  Until then, hashco.ws and hashbros are not worth it.  I'll keep watching them, but until they straighten out, I'm not giving away cycles.  I'd rather give 3% for pretty consistent payouts.
3.5%. Twas my initial thought, too, but after doing the math and equating services, it seems they all blow atm. It's like trying to pick an ISP that won't dick you...good luck with it.

I know exactly how much the 3% adds up to. It's still worth it to me and many others as long as mining here is relatively maintenance-free and more profitable than other pools. The fact that H20 is still able to keep profits the same and some days even better than other profit-switching pools while having a monstrous pool says something. I've tried all of the profit-switching pools short of CoinEx's and Switcherpool. What I've found:

1) MultiPool: You handle exchanging your own coins. You setup several payment addresses and deal with the hassles of the exchanges. While you can certainly make more money on these pools if you babysit your coins and watch the markets, I find it to be a huge hassle. Some people prefer this, and that's fine by me. Good for them. I do not.

2) Hashcows: Hybrid of having an either/or option (exchange your own or auto-exchange). Used to go toe-to-toe with Middlecoin before they got hacked. Since then, profits have been abysmal. I have no doubt they'll get back to their usual level of profit, but for now, it's terrible. Having seen many pools get hacked, the possibility of them getting hacked and losing all of their stored bitcoins (again) is still there, even with a revamped site. This is something that pools that are similar to Middlecoin (worker is your wallet address) don't have to fuss with.

3) All of the others: Some are Middlecoin-style of hooking up your payment address, most are similar to MultiPool or Hashcows (generally the former). These sites are generally still new and don't have optimized engines, databases, stratum servers, or what have you. Due to this, profits are hurt when they'd otherwise probably be a little higher than Middlecoin. It'll get fixed I'm sure, but for now this isn't the case.

All in all, does this make me lazy? Probably. However, I run several rigs, with many, many more on the way. Simplicity is key for me. If someone is willing to do the dirty work for me, while still giving me profits the same as or better than competitors, then they will have my business.

Well put.

EDIT: Damn quote problems, pardon all the editing.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
Treggar

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:22:09 AM

Totally agree.  My rig isn't that powerful but you know what?  It churns away in the basement and the only thing that reminds me it's there are the daily payments to my BTC wallet waiting for me when I get up in the morning.  So I get 3% less? that $1.50 a day is worth the cost of the service so that I don't need to bother hosting multiple wallets and doing the exchanges myself.  My time is worth more than that so I benefit from the batch sells h2o does.  Thanks for the service h2o.
BobNash

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:26:44 AM

if there is no HW errors, disconnects...etc everyone should have 99+% efficiency after few hour (difficulty does NOT matter!)
more hash u have mean less time to balancing out luck/unluck at higher difficulty
but there is no way to be "unlucky" all the time and getting bad efficiency without any reason!

Work Unit = shares / minute @ difficulty 1 (diff1 = 2^16 at scrypt coins)
HRA = average hash rate (kHs)

efficiency = WU * 65536 / 60 / 1000 / HRA
(*100 to get res. as %)

after 1+ week mining i (stil) have more than 99% efficiency on all rig
1h ago restarted my solo card desktop PC = 110% efficiency atm.. and will go down to ~100%
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: