Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829872 times)
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:51:19 PM

I've been load balancing about 20 megahashes across Middlecoin, Clevermining, and Wafflepool for about 11 days now.  Like I said in a previous post, it is hard to compare the pools fairly since they pay out at different times.  Here is what I'm seeing as of right now.  If I completely ignore payouts for the first day I started splitting my hash rate, Middlecoin is number 1, Wafflepool is number 2, and Clevermining is number 3.  This is only counting payments that are in my wallet right now.  Middlecoin is ahead of Wafflepool for me even though Waffle pool has paid out already today and Middlecoin won't pay out for another eight hours or so.  I'm not going to post amounts, but here they are as percentages.  For this comparison I will express Middlecoin's payout as being 100%.

Middlecoin = 100%  Wafflepool = 94.5% Clevermining = 86.7%

If I work backwards from what is in my wallet right now and go back eight days then Wafflepool is number 1, Middlecoin is number 2, and Clevermining is number 3.  Once again I need to state that Wafflepool has paid out today, but Middlecoin won't pay out for another eight hours or so.  Again I will express Middlecoin as being 100%.

Wafflepool = 108.4% Middlecoin = 100% Clevermining = 93.0%

If I work backwards from what is in my wallet right now and go back three days then Middlecoin is number 1, Clevermining is number 2, and Wafflepool is number 3.  And to hammer it home once again, Wafflepool has paid out today, but Middlecoin won't pay out for another eight hours or so.  Once again I will express Middlecoin as being 100%.

Middlecoin = 100% Clevermining = 99.7% Wafflepool = 70.8%

Everyone else's results may vary, but that is what I'm seeing so far.  All things considered the three pools seem about equal to me.  I thought my experiment would help me pick a single pool to stick with, but so far it's just left me wanting to continue the load balancing. heh..

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:39:23 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 08:49:33 PM by Catswold

I've been experiencing the same.  Each pool varies day-to-day, but they average out to be pretty much the same ~0.01BTC/Mh/day +/-

However, it does appear that Clever has maintained a slight advantage over the other two over the last several days.
zneww

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:30:04 PM

why does anyone mine here. lol so much better alternatives now.
Out of curiosity, what are some better alts?
Clevermining and Wafflepool are the lead contenders these days.
Hashcows may regain it's past position as prime competitor but it still has a lot of lingering issues.
Scryptguild is one to watch since it's run by BTCGuild's admin Eleuthuria but it's still beta and auto conversion to BTC isn't there yet.

Yeah jedi said it. I personally mine at CoinSolver.

how's the are the earnings?  Looking at poolpicker, Hashcows earnings have really gone skyward...

They haven't been bad. However, we mined a bunch of Coino and USDe that got stuck in CoinMarket. So that kinda blew. The dev does a ton of manual trades. lots of transparency. Still in open beta type thing. better stuff coming, the devs about to have a kid any day now.

Hashcows has fake stats. I cant confirm poolpickers stats.

lol yeah idk how they went up so much
FrankieSaysRelax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

I've been experiencing the same.  Each pool varies day-to-day, but they average out to be pretty much the same ~0.01BTC/Mh/day +/-

However, it does appear that Clever has maintained a slight advantage over the other two over the last several days.

It looks like WafflePool has had issues scaling and he was relying on only one exchange. Pushing that many coins on one exchange will drop the average price and lower profitability for everyone. I'm not sure if he's changed them yet but ATM Clevermining is more profitable. The reject rate is scary but they are still small enough to mine some lower difficulty coins. The greedseeds out there are also beginning to take their toll on profitability by increasing difficulty rates. Tough market conditions with BTC hasn't helped. I'm on Clevermining right now. Just switched from Waffle after multiple days of declining profitability. Only time will tell.
falsealarm_bf

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:07:51 AM

If this pool want to make a come back, it needs to be able to hit the newer alternate currencies using non-scrypt hashing algorithms. This is a must for longevity and short term profitability. Maxcoin with SHA-3 was profitable for a while, Darkcoin with scrypt-n-factor is worthy of talk. H20 needs to invest in his own fork of sgminer developed that can mine coins with all hashing algorithms to be offered as mandatory for mining on Middlecoin and we need to hit a variety of coins. Yes, as someone with development experience I agree this is easier said than done but for an operation that raked in $4K a day at times, this is not impossible.

His insisting on keeping this a one man operation is killing the pool. I have a feeling he has either lost interest or made enough money to last a lifetime on some island far away that he does not care.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:37:30 AM

If this pool want to make a come back, it needs to be able to hit the newer alternate currencies using non-scrypt hashing algorithms. This is a must for longevity and short term profitability. Maxcoin with SHA-3 was profitable for a while, Darkcoin with scrypt-n-factor is worthy of talk. H20 needs to invest in his own fork of sgminer developed that can mine coins with all hashing algorithms to be offered as mandatory for mining on Middlecoin and we need to hit a variety of coins. Yes, as someone with development experience I agree this is easier said than done but for an operation that raked in $4K a day at times, this is not impossible.

His insisting on keeping this a one man operation is killing the pool. I have a feeling he has either lost interest or made enough money to last a lifetime on some island far away that he does not care.

Why are you posting that here... try dropping this msg on him on IRC.  He doesn't come here anymore and won't read this thread.  You're basically talking to a wall here. Wink

noegzit

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:26:16 AM

why does anyone mine here. lol so much better alternatives now.
Out of curiosity, what are some better alts?
Clevermining and Wafflepool are the lead contenders these days.
Hashcows may regain it's past position as prime competitor but it still has a lot of lingering issues.
Scryptguild is one to watch since it's run by BTCGuild's admin Eleuthuria but it's still beta and auto conversion to BTC isn't there yet.

Scryptguild  is to watch, yes, because there's guild in the name Wink , but it's still in beta, I tried it a few days and never earn more than 0.008 (automatic BTC conversion is on, now, in theory)

Currently I switch between different pools cows-clever-guild-profit-solver-waffle. I also try no-switching pools to mine coins like max (that was ok even if I was a little late in this business) or zeit (not high profitability till now, I mine just a few more hours to get 1000000 and I'm off, I'll trade later).

I keep an eye on scryptguild because I suspect it'll be quite interesting in the future  but  I wanna try a couple of pools before.

I'd like to test a pool for a week with full hashrate : there's to much variance from day to day between autoswitch pool (just look at poolpicker graph)

if anyone has an average payout I'd like to know.

I can share my experience too when I'll have a full week or better.
falsealarm_bf

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:13:12 AM

Why are you posting that here... try dropping this msg on him on IRC.  He doesn't come here anymore and won't read this thread.  You're basically talking to a wall here. Wink

Can someone please copy and paste it to him in IIRC then?
omo

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:32:54 AM

the outcome dropped a lot these days!

BTC:1Fu4TNpVPToxxhSXBNSvE9fz6X3dbYgB8q
dsgx1

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:50:03 AM

[/quote]

Over the past 2 days my payouts with Hashcows have been .0141BTC/Mh/s and .0161BTC/Hh/s.  I am not sure what fake stats you are referring to, but the payouts were definitely real  Wink
zneww

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:03:42 AM

Over the past 2 days my payouts with Hashcows have been .0141BTC/Mh/s and .0161BTC/Hh/s.  I am not sure what fake stats you are referring to, but the payouts were definitely real  Wink

Can you confirm this? I would like to see.
panckage

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:06:41 AM

Well I'm finally giving up on MC. Things have been terrible here lately. Only like .006BTC/MH day.

H20 took down the profit graph months ago and never put it back up. What was once a great pool now is way a pile of cow dung...

Gooooooooooooooodbye Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:19:53 AM

This is actually a feature I am working on implementing - it requires a modified stratum proxy though so the server can communicate the mining algorithm needed back to the client.  Additionally, for some of the N-Factor coins, configurations change wildly as N increases much beyond your standard scrypt coin, so it needs a couple things - automatic optimization, and / or the ability to save configurations per-card-per-algorithm-per-N-Factor.  If anyone is willing to contribute, PM me.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
falsealarm_bf

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:43:07 AM

This is actually a feature I am working on implementing - it requires a modified stratum proxy though so the server can communicate the mining algorithm needed back to the client.  Additionally, for some of the N-Factor coins, configurations change wildly as N increases much beyond your standard scrypt coin, so it needs a couple things - automatic optimization, and / or the ability to save configurations per-card-per-algorithm-per-N-Factor.  If anyone is willing to contribute, PM me.

Can the effort be simplified by pushing this off to a client such as CGWatcher? If CGWatcher API allows for remote profile changes which I think it does on Windows when it's used in conjunction with CGRemote, stratum may not have to be modified extensively but then it brings up the requirement to develop a whole other method.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:16:31 AM

Stop spreading 100% lies. If you didn't realize the stats at Hashcows are done by an outside source so please don't spread fud. Our payouts have been great lately if you were mining on the pool you would of known this.

Sorry for thread jacking was just lerking Smiley

Thirtybird

Activity: 693

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:18:41 AM

Can the effort be simplified by pushing this off to a client such as CGWatcher? If CGWatcher API allows for remote profile changes which I think it does on Windows when it's used in conjunction with CGRemote, stratum may not have to be modified extensively but then it brings up the requirement to develop a whole other method.

Unlikely - because then there would be a requirement for everyone to use CGWatcher.  Also, then CGWatcher would need to be communicating with the pool.  Stratum would likely only need an additional command - basically a command for the server to tell the miner what algorithm and settings to used, and if someone wanted to run a multi-algorithm multicoin pool, then they need to be running a modified stratum proxy already.  Having this command in stratum would benefit other pools as well - I don't know how many times people want to know why they're getting 600 MH/second but aren't getting any accepts on their Dogecoin pool.  Or, for me, why they're getting 700 KH/sec, but their YACoin pool isn't accepting anything...

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
zneww

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:34:22 AM

Stop spreading 100% lies. If you didn't realize the stats at Hashcows are done by an outside source so please don't spread fud. Our payouts have been great lately if you were mining on the pool you would of known this.

This is no longer a thread of anything so you have all rights to defend your pool. Don't say sorry.
caution

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:12:13 AM

This is no longer a thread of anything so you have all rights to defend your pool. Don't say sorry.

+1
agreed, especially since the OP has abandoned this thread...most forums I've been on this thread would have been locked long ago.  I'll have to check out your pool, thanks for adding some insight.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:15:54 AM

Hashco.ws is run by honest people.  

Every pool has their own unique problems.  Hashco.ws' response to a previous theft was to reimburse all user losses out of their own pockets.  

Nobody could ask more from hashco.ws:  they have shown exemplary integrity and professionalism during tough times.  now the payouts are competitive, their hash rate is up, and everyone should at least consider switching to hashcows.

Every pool or bitcoin exchange should look at hashcows as an example of how to operate, and how to respect their users.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:34:34 AM

Another AWESOME payout day for you suckers workers ... H2O just bought a new car from your donations to him today

Keep up make this asshole rich from your hard earned work  Wink

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: