Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:20:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:20:23 PM

I could be totally off here:  but isn't getdifficulty showing the diff of the current block, and the getwork target showing the diff for the next-to-be-found block?    Since there is a diff change every 2 blocks, then the getdifficulty and getwork will be different every other block.

It looks like that you are right about it.
Still, I think it should be changed to show the difficulty of the block which currently in the process of being mined, instead of the difficulty of already mined block.

As long as it is noted as a bug (or feature to add) and scheduled to be fixed in the future release, I'm fine with it. I can mine it based on the target :-)

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:24:36 PM

I could be totally off here:  but isn't getdifficulty showing the diff of the current block, and the getwork target showing the diff for the next-to-be-found block?    Since there is a diff change every 2 blocks, then the getdifficulty and getwork will be different every other block.

It looks like that you are right about it.
Still, I think it should be changed to show the difficulty of the block which currently in the process of being mined, instead of the difficulty of already mined block.

As long as it is noted as a bug (or feature to add) and scheduled to be fixed in the future release, I'm fine with it. I can mine it based on the target :-)

Yea, for sure. I've got it on the list now of small bug fixes, the ones that need to be addressed, but aren't coin-breaking.

Again, I genuinely thank you. I appreciate the feedback and probably wouldn't have ever even known about it if you hadn't pointed it out

hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:07:33 AM

Still no spotter blocks found.  At block 5166 with 253134 outstanding.  253134 / 49 = 5166.

Now I have to wait to test the new Next Block Reward predictor script for Spots  Sad

So much for trying to cheat  Wink

Well actually, now that I think about it....  

* The predictor scripts are working well on other coins.
* Spots is using the same general algo for randomness as those other coins.  
* Spotter Blocks are 10,045 SPT, equiv to 205 normal blocks
* The "chance" for a Spotter Block is 10 in 100,000
* No Spotter Blocks have been found yet
* Spots is traded

So seems to me that if someone was willing to gamble and had the resources to setup a proper monitoring and hopping system, well then:  Spots looks like a possible candidate.

Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:43:47 PM

Just downloaded the wallet and saw the difficulty is at 13. Surprising I missed this while it got mined so much.

Would be grateful for any donations MSw5vtFpoQUeFrmGvutmXdZVkE17SviPCf
Thanks
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 02:50:46 PM

Just downloaded the wallet and saw the difficulty is at 13. Surprising I missed this while it got mined so much.

Would be grateful for any donations MSw5vtFpoQUeFrmGvutmXdZVkE17SviPCf
Thanks

I'll hit you up with a 10 Spot when I get back to my computer.  Don't worry about high difficulty as soon as the hash rate drops the difficulty will quickly follow. It adjust super fast. Welcome aboard!

You probably didn't notice because we haven't been spamming everywhere. Were busy on our august 8th announcement.  Wink

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 08:49:52 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 10:48:47 PM by iGotSpots

Quick update

If we were to release a price for silver right now it would be roughly 7200 Spots per 1 new troy ounce bar. This means that if you guys want to spend less Spots per purchase once things go live, you're going to have to start raising your buying prices. We are not going to set an artificial price once we launch the exchange, but will be basing it on an an average of recent trades. It doesn't matter to us whether the price is 10,000 Spots or 1,000 Spots, we run off percentages

iGotSpots.com - Prices will be updated once a day for the next week, more often after that. More information next Thursday

smscotten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:53:03 PM

Hm.

1 oz @ $19.55 times 0.00952380 (USD:BTC) is BTC0.18619047. Divide that by 7200....

You're saying that if you did it today you'd peg the value of Spots to 2586 satoshi? Because that's not much incentive to buy up Spots at 8500 satoshi (Coins-E, trades have been over 4200 satoshi for days). You're making the current bid rate of 4200 satoshi sound attractive, and I doubt that's what you meant to imply.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 11:51:41 PM

Hm.

1 oz @ $19.55 times 0.00952380 (USD:BTC) is BTC0.18619047. Divide that by 7200....

You're saying that if you did it today you'd peg the value of Spots to 2586 satoshi? Because that's not much incentive to buy up Spots at 8500 satoshi (Coins-E, trades have been over 4200 satoshi for days). You're making the current bid rate of 4200 satoshi sound attractive, and I doubt that's what you meant to imply.

Our prices will be based off the trades not the other way around. I'm saying you guys have to decide if our price will be 7500 spots each or 4000 spots each

smscotten

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:27:45 AM

Our prices will be based off the trades not the other way around. I'm saying you guys have to decide if our price will be 7500 spots each or 4000 spots each

I guess I have to wait until August 8th to see what your plan is. If, as you say, you were to open today and offer to trade an ounce of silver for my 7200 spots, I don't see how that would affect the Spots market at all. I could sell my 7200 spots today at the bid price for 0.3 BTC and trade that for 1.5 ounces.

I'm assuming that either you have a better plan in mind than I've thought up or else you're tossing numbers out of the air to make a point but wouldn't actually offer an ounce of silver for 7200 spots today.

On the other hand, heck. If anyone wants some silver, I'll gladly sell an ounce of silver for 7200 Spots today. Smiley

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:56:54 AM

I guess I have to wait until August 8th to see what your plan is. If, as you say, you were to open today and offer to trade an ounce of silver for my 7200 spots, I don't see how that would affect the Spots market at all. I could sell my 7200 spots today at the bid price for 0.3 BTC and trade that for 1.5 ounces.

I'm assuming that either you have a better plan in mind than I've thought up or else you're tossing numbers out of the air to make a point but wouldn't actually offer an ounce of silver for 7200 spots today.

On the other hand, heck. If anyone wants some silver, I'll gladly sell an ounce of silver for 7200 Spots today. Smiley

Our price will be based on bid price not asking price. That's why I say if you want the price lower in spots then youll have to raise your bids on coins-e

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:11:02 AM

There is also still less than 280,000 total spots mined so far

smscotten

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Our price will be based on bid price not asking price. That's why I say if you want the price lower in spots then youll have to raise your bids on coins-e

When I said, "I could sell…" I meant at the price and quantities of existing bids.

Look, I'm not trying to fight here. Your numbers didn't match with what you were saying, that's all.

I'm gonna go bid on some Spots. That was the point, right?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:00:02 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 02:56:53 AM by iGotSpots

When I said, "I could sell…" I meant at the price and quantities of existing bids.

Look, I'm not trying to fight here. Your numbers didn't match with what you were saying, that's all.

No worries, not fighting, just talking. The price I was talking is also including shipping and all other costs to get the bars to the customer

Yea, we need some higher bids. I think 7500 is too many Spots for one ounce of silver when there's only 266,854 Spots total mined so far

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:25:24 AM

August 2nd Price
6465 Spots

iGotSpots.com

kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:21:59 PM

Why there are some nodes on the network with high # of blocks and how do I ban them?

86.214.217.82:58278
198.199.121.22:59409
122.233.231.119:58101
207.61.182.205:16509
54.212.51.236:42198
89.29.69.214:11890

they all show startingheight of 8037  

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:42:00 PM

Why there are some nodes on the network with high # of blocks and how do I ban them?

86.214.217.82:58278
198.199.121.22:59409
122.233.231.119:58101
207.61.182.205:16509
54.212.51.236:42198
89.29.69.214:11890

they all show startingheight of 8037  

Those are nugget clients.   Spots code started as a copy of the nuggets code (which started as a copy of another clonecoin, etc etc)   But the spots developers forgot to change the network and discovery settings.   So you see lot of mixing of clients on what used to be just the nuggets network.

I don't know how to ban them manually.  Is that possible?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:12:00 PM

Are you guys having sync issues still?

We have another client that I could release with new ports, but unless everyone switches to it, it's not going to work at all, so trying to hold off on that unless we absolutely have to

As long as where it says: "Downloaded x of y blocks"

If x = current Spots block, you're synced, regardless of the display bug saying you aren't, or trying to download another chain

datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:50:19 PM

No worries, not fighting, just talking. The price I was talking is also including shipping and all other costs to get the bars to the customer

Yea, we need some higher bids. I think 7500 is too many Spots for one ounce of silver when there's only 266,854 Spots total mined so far

I hope the price sky rockets soon... I mined with the intention of buying a few pieces of silver. But only a few thousand, so that doesn't look like it will do me a whole lot of good right now  Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 05:51:51 PM

I hope the price sky rockets soon... I mined with the intention of buying a few pieces of silver. But only a few thousand, so that doesn't look like it will do me a whole lot of good right now  Tongue

The price is so low because people still don't understand how few Spots there are. I would suggest holding onto them. Once people realize there are still less than 280,000 total mined so far, things will change. Especially when they realize the pennies they are bidding on Spots is going to make the silver -> spots ratio way too high. We adjust the silver based on the spots, not the other way around.

Doesn't matter to us if you guys sell them for .00004 or .01, we will make our profits off percentages rather than premine

datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:55:14 PM

I hope the price sky rockets soon... I mined with the intention of buying a few pieces of silver. But only a few thousand, so that doesn't look like it will do me a whole lot of good right now  Tongue

The price is so low because people still don't understand how few Spots there are. I would suggest holding onto them. Once people realize there are still less than 280,000 total mined so far, things will change. Especially when they realize the pennies they are bidding on Spots is going to make the silver -> spots ratio way too high. We adjust the silver based on the spots, not the other way around.

Doesn't matter to us if you guys sell them for .00004 or .01, we will make our profits off percentages rather than premine

Definitely holding on to them for awhile... I've been trying to diversify my portfolio a bit more, so I've been holding more than dumping (unless I just don't like the coin.) Actually, I may move some funds around to invest a few more spots.  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: