Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:08:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 01:59:50 AM

I agree they are still undervalued. I don't think people are realizing how few spots are out there still.

That being said, the price difference between ask and bid seem to be creeping closer. I knew we would have a somewhat stable price in about a week and it looks like I was right on setting Thursday as our announcement date.

Yeah, I'm less concerned about the actual price than the spread. If the spread closes up, we can see steady growth instead of sporadic fluctuation. So even if the prices are lower now, they'll increase more regularly. At least that's my theory.

You are right. One thing I am VERY impressed with so far is our sellers reluctancy to dump their Spots to make a quick buck. This shows me that you guys believe in me and the Spots team to deliver what we are promising and I thank each and every one of you for your confidence. The spread is staying so wide because the people holding the Spots understand the price will rise. The buyers are trying to get in cheap, but the holders are not letting that happen and the Bid price is slowly increasing to where the sellers want it to be.

This is great news for anyone who has been mining these or holding on to a decent amount of Spots. Keep it up, stay strong, and don't sell cheap. You guys are doing an f'ing amazing job with the market right now. I am very proud of our community so far

smscotten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:02:41 AM

Well, someone on Coins-e has a bot controlling an ask wall. Every time I put in an order it shifts itself to exactly 0.00000001 less than my ask.

I figure if I keep going like this, eventually we can get an awesome deal on Spots off of this cockspotblocking bot. Creep it down as far as it can go and scarf up all those cheap Spots!

I got rid of him

He's back. I suspect it's someone trying to dump relatively large amounts without doing so suddenly and driving the price down. It seems to be responding to any ask order of about 100 SPT. I was actually hoping to get the bot down even lower to get a piece of that myself but you beat me to it. :-)

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:08:42 AM

Well, someone on Coins-e has a bot controlling an ask wall. Every time I put in an order it shifts itself to exactly 0.00000001 less than my ask.

I figure if I keep going like this, eventually we can get an awesome deal on Spots off of this cockspotblocking bot. Creep it down as far as it can go and scarf up all those cheap Spots!

I got rid of him

He's back. I suspect it's someone trying to dump relatively large amounts without doing so suddenly and driving the price down. It seems to be responding to any ask order of about 100 SPT. I was actually hoping to get the bot down even lower to get a piece of that myself but you beat me to it. :-)

I didn't drive it down, I just let him undercut me a few times to see if it was a bot or just someone doing it manually. I wasn't sure which one it was, but I just bought what he had at once to get you guys to the price you've been trying to set. Feel free to drive him down this time, though, he's willing to go lower than I would  Wink

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:13:56 AM

Lol, I am watching you two go back and forth. It's like when I'm at the auctions waiting for someone to budge. Curious to see how low you're going to take him before buying his farm lol

smscotten

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:17:23 AM

You are right. One thing I am VERY impressed with so far is our sellers reluctancy to dump their Spots to make a quick buck.

Oh, I'm totally dumping Spots to make a quick buck. Then I buy it back a little over the highest bid and start all over again. The spread is great for me; I just don't think it's so healthy for the currency to have a spread that wide.

Fortunately, I think that my quick buck-making is helping close that spread so I don't feel all that slimy about it.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:36:04 AM

You are right. One thing I am VERY impressed with so far is our sellers reluctancy to dump their Spots to make a quick buck.

Oh, I'm totally dumping Spots to make a quick buck. Then I buy it back a little over the highest bid and start all over again. The spread is great for me; I just don't think it's so healthy for the currency to have a spread that wide.

Fortunately, I think that my quick buck-making is helping close that spread so I don't feel all that slimy about it.

No, you're right. That's good for the price. I meant people aren't selling at current prices and getting out for good. For day trading, our spread is basically a trader's dream right now

smscotten

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:42:25 AM

Well, I got 700 SPT at 0.00007002 and got someone else around 2300 at 0.00007000 from the bot. There seems to be a lot more interest in Spots on Coins-e than a few hours ago. The spread is a lot less than it was. And we've probably driven the price of popcorn through the roof with all the entertainment. Smiley

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:48:14 AM

Well, I got 700 SPT at 0.00007002 and got someone else around 2300 at 0.00007000 from the bot. There seems to be a lot more interest in Spots on Coins-e than a few hours ago. The spread is a lot less than it was. And we've probably driven the price of popcorn through the roof with all the entertainment. Smiley

Nice. I ended up grabbing about 8k the other day when it was at .000043 and another 2k around the .00005 mark  Wink

coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:54:04 AM

It would appear that the feed provider has disabled access to the precious metals feed used in my sample script. I am able to view the feeds in my browser but requests from the server IP receive a status of 403 FORBIDDEN.

I have contacted them because I did adhere entirely to the terms of service for their free feed, including a prominent link to the home page of the service.

In the mean time, you may wish to remove the link.  I'm not sure when or if the script will be restored to functionality.

If you would like to identify a more stable provider and/or host a copy of the script, drop me a line.
jlspartz

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:07:24 AM

Lol so that was you that got the bot to sell to me. I was watching and wondering why the bot would put up 100 and then go just under itself with 2000 and continue until it sold to me.  I thought the 100 was part of the bot too.  Haha well I was looking for about 5k to hold for the time being. I kept getting outbid for days.

I'm usually two steps ahead of a great market and I have an inkling with spots. I look at ingenuity, dev support, market outlet, and trading which all produces a good following by others - all look good. People holding higher prices without budging instead of dumping is also a good sign.  My only concern is that it is going under noticed by the masses right now - good for buying but hopefully it gets more coverage/traction.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 04:13:10 AM

Lol so that was you that got the bot to sell to me. I was watching and wondering why the bot would put up 100 and then go just under itself with 2000 and continue until it sold to me.  I thought the 100 was part of the bot too.  Haha well I was looking for about 5k to hold for the time being. I kept getting outbid for days.

I'm usually two steps ahead of a great market and I have an inkling with spots. I look at ingenuity, dev support, market outlet, and trading which all produces a good following by others - all look good. People holding higher prices without budging instead of dumping is also a good sign.  My only concern is that it is going under noticed by the masses right now - good for buying but hopefully it gets more coverage/traction.

It's because of my post to the other exchanges and to Cryptsy. The cryptsy crew got mad at me. Don't worry, though, once people can start using these for something other than converting them to BTC, interest will rise. If you follow our hashrate, every time we get to #1 on coinchoose.com it jumps to 200-300+  mHash.

I do appreciate the support for Spots, we are doing everything we can to get you guys some physical wealth rather than 1's and 0's as soon as possible.

People are more aware than they are leading on  Wink

jlspartz

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:31:34 AM

I notice by the btc in the buys at this early age and the not-so-quick to dump nature. Its hard being on the bidding side/ not buying at market asking price. Deals are scarce. +1 to spots for a healthy market.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 04:46:37 AM

I notice by the btc in the buys at this early age and the not-so-quick to dump nature. Its hard being on the bidding side/ not buying at market asking price. Deals are scarce. +1 to spots for a healthy market.

It's too bad you weren't trying to buy a couple days ago. We were stuck around .000043xxx for Bids for a few days

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 04:52:09 AM

Just so you guys know, I'm in discussions with several other exchange sites. My suggestion would be to email the big ones requesting that they add Spots. A few of them are close, but if we can show them there is more interest than they think, I believe we can be on a lot of them sooner rather than later

smscotten

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 05:27:46 AM

Yeah, that was me. I was trying to drive the bot even lower than that, but I saw your bid and realized that was as far as I could take it so I put in an ask for 0.00007003 and a bid for everything I could spare at the moment at 0.00007002. The bot sold to me at 0.00007002 and I put in another ask at 0.00007001 so the bot would out-ask me and get you what you were looking for.

I think we both got some good deals but mostly I was trying to break the gridlock of the bot's moving ask wall. I've got nothing against automated algorithmic trading but that bot was just rude.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 05:39:40 AM

Price is starting to stabilize and the Asking/Bid price gap is closing quickly.

Silver Price August 4th, 2013: 4615 Spots per troy ounce

More information coming Thursday, August 8th at iGotSpots.com

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 05:40:13 AM

Yeah, that was me. I was trying to drive the bot even lower than that, but I saw your bid and realized that was as far as I could take it so I put in an ask for 0.00007003 and a bid for everything I could spare at the moment at 0.00007002. The bot sold to me at 0.00007002 and I put in another ask at 0.00007001 so the bot would out-ask me and get you what you were looking for.

I think we both got some good deals but mostly I was trying to break the gridlock of the bot's moving ask wall. I've got nothing against automated algorithmic trading but that bot was just rude.

I don't mind the bots, either, but when they do .000000001 difference, it's quite annoying

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 04:33:09 PM

On coins-e right now, it's only about 2 BTC to double the asking price...wonder when someone is going to come make a few hundred real quick. We've already learned that the Bid price will slowly raise up to whatever the sellers are asking for, wonder who it's going to be?

I kinda want to do it, but at the same time, I'm not trying to artificially raise the price, just pointing out that if you're waiting to sell yours, the time could be very soon...

coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2020, 12:59:21 AM by theymos

I got a response last night regarding the spot price calculator script:

Thank you for your inquiry. We monitor our free feed very closely and since there is no other means of verification than an IP address and the amount of requests, it can easily happen that a false positive occurs. In case it happened to you, we are very sorry but there is simply no other way around it.

If you want to have unlimited requests and live prices, please consider to become a premium member and you will enjoy all those benefits and many more. Should you remain with further questions, feel free to respond.

Best regards,
[personal information removed by forum moderator]

For reference, the TOS is here: http://www.xmlcharts.com/terms-of-service.html

It mentions the link requirement (which I did) and nothing else, whereas the e-mail response also mentions "amount of requests".  It looks like they advertise the free service, then block you if you use it  Roll Eyes

So if you want a precious metals price feed I wouldn't recommend these guys. I'll be removing the script from the server today.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 05:11:47 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2020, 01:51:41 PM by theymos

I got a response last night regarding the spot price calculator script:

Thank you for your inquiry. We monitor our free feed very closely and since there is no other means of verification than an IP address and the amount of requests, it can easily happen that a false positive occurs. In case it happened to you, we are very sorry but there is simply no other way around it.

If you want to have unlimited requests and live prices, please consider to become a premium member and you will enjoy all those benefits and many more. Should you remain with further questions, feel free to respond.

Best regards,
[personal information removed by forum moderator]

For reference, the TOS is here: http://www.xmlcharts.com/terms-of-service.html

It mentions the link requirement (which I did) and nothing else, whereas the e-mail response also mentions "amount of requests".  It looks like they advertise the free service, then block you if you use it  Roll Eyes

So if you want a precious metals price feed I wouldn't recommend these guys. I'll be removing the script from the server today.

Ok, thanks for trying. It was awesome while it lasted. Lol, I just read those terms. "You can use this all you want but we take ban you if we feel like it" basically. Oh well. Thanks again, it was cool. I'll remove it from the OP shortly

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: