Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:19:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coinerd

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:50:37 AM

what about these spikes that go from 70k (while the pool claims 76 lmao) to 900K? Can you fix the hps math before anything else?

Because spots adjusts so quickly, some of the hash rate and difficulty figures seem, well, spotty.

It would appear that most of these issues are present in other coins, it's just not as noticeable that the figures returned for certain request methods are different across two blocks when it's something like every two thousand some-odd blocks with a coin like BitCoin. Very few people ever notice.

If you're not aware no wallet or client gives an accurate network hash rate, this is impossible.

By the same token, no pool can give you a truly accurate figure for the hash rate of it's miners.

Sometimes when the pool uses one estimation formula, and the client uses another, it looks odd. In both cases they're only estimates, based on past results and averaged out statistical figures. 

And they'll both become radically inaccurate if someone comes across a couple of lucky shares or blocks. Or if there's a particularly difficult streak.

Also an extra 800k spike in hash rate is typical when one of the hopping pools hits a coin.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:59:06 AM

Yes, everything is synced and accurate even after the 1 gHash spike. Difficulty already back down in the 16's  Wink

i think the actual hash is around 110-120, based on the pools local rates. Not going to have my cards spinning on wrong hash. Each bock is supposed to average 100 seconds. This block now is going to be 1/2 hour
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:59:43 AM

Yes, everything is synced and accurate even after the 1 gHash spike. Difficulty already back down in the 16's  Wink

i think the actual hash is around 110-120, based on the pools local rates

It's at about 465 mHash right now on the network

kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:06:05 AM

what about these spikes that go from 70k (while the pool claims 76 lmao) to 900K? Can you fix the hps math before anything else?

Because spots adjusts so quickly, some of the hash rate and difficulty figures seem, well, spotty.

It would appear that most of these issues are present in other coins, it's just not as noticeable that the figures returned for certain request methods are different across two blocks when it's something like every two thousand some-odd blocks with a coin like BitCoin. Very few people ever notice.

If you're not aware no wallet or client gives an accurate network hash rate, this is impossible.

By the same token, no pool can give you a truly accurate figure for the hash rate of it's miners.

Sometimes when the pool uses one estimation formula, and the client uses another, it looks odd. In both cases they're only estimates, based on past results and averaged out statistical figures.  

And they'll both become radically inaccurate if someone comes across a couple of lucky shares or blocks. Or if there's a particularly difficult streak.

Also an extra 800k spike in hash rate is typical when one of the hopping pools hits a coin.

All you need to calculate profitability of the coin is its difficulty and the bid price on the exchange. Nobody should care about network hashrate or pool hash rate: just solo mine this coin when difficulty is low.

Pools and other websites are just inaccurate due to the bug (or a feature) inside the client (it is present as you said in other coin's clients as well): GetDifficulty and getmininginfo commands return data about the block which is already found and not about the block which currently mined (one block behind is too long for this coin). This bug will be fixed eventually or just smarter pools will start getting difficulty from "target" difficulty instead of "getdifficulty" command. So, I say: enjoy while it last: People in the know are already mining this coin when actual target difficulty is low and not based on the coinchoose data.

Edit: you can see actual difficulty from your cgminer: 100k for example = 1.52 (100k/65536=1.52)

Edit2: network difficulty is calculated based on the frequency of the submitted blocks at the given difficulty, so it is very inaccurate for Spots within small number of blocks.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

rpg

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:14:05 AM

Edit2: network difficulty is calculated based on the frequency of the submitted blocks at the given difficulty, so it is very random for Spots within several blocks time frame.

regardless, the math on this server is incorrect and that's why it took over 1 hour to mine one block. hint hint, the difficulty does not match the hash rate. hint hint 2, the formula that calculates the difficulty is broken
kslavik

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:20:58 AM

Edit2: network difficulty is calculated based on the frequency of the submitted blocks at the given difficulty, so it is very random for Spots within several blocks time frame.

regardless, the math on this server is incorrect and that's why it took over 1 hour to mine one block. hint hint, the difficulty does not match the hash rate. hint hint 2, the formula that calculates the difficulty is broken

What server are you talking about? Are you talking about Spot client or are you talking about some pool?

Difficulty adjusts only based on the time it took to mine last 2 blocks and not based on anything else.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

rpg

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:29:02 AM

What server are you talking about? Are you talking about Spot client or are you talking about some pool?

Difficulty adjusts only based on the time it took to mine last 2 blocks and not based on anything else.

the network server. If SPOT uses only 2 blocks to calculate the difficulty that would explain these jumps.
kslavik

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:36:21 AM

the network server. If SPOT uses only 2 blocks to calculate the difficulty that would explain these jumps.

There are no network servers in peer-to-peer network. There are only nodes: every Spot client is a node of the network and all of them agree on the difficulty change because they all have the same algorithm to calculate it: The target of the block is 70 seconds and for 2 blocks target is 140 seconds: if 2 blocks are found faster than 140 seconds, the difficulty will be adjusted up to compensate proportionally based on the actual time it took to find those 2 blocks and reverse is also true: if it took longer than 140 seconds to find 2 blocks, the difficulty will adjust down, so next two blocks shall be found in 140 seconds

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Muddied.info

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:55:00 PM

MLhPpUzyyDVBC7FwuPVRcTKFJDZHjWfqfG

*__*

http://www.muddied.info la via più semplice per guadagnare Bitcoin!
killdemon

Activity: 212

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:40:06 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 06:24:42 PM by killdemon

There is a big problem with cash out on pool http://spt.coinmine.pl/.

During on demand or automatic payout all unconfirmed coins are lost. I can not get in contact with  pool owner so i am using this thread. All the miners mining on this pool should double check if they have same issue.

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:24:30 PM

During on demand or automatic payout all unconfirmed coins are lost. I can not get in contact with  pool owner so i am using this thread. All the miners mining on this pool should double check if they have same issue.

Try doing a rescan of your wallet.  I have no issues with payment.

-tb-

killdemon

Activity: 212

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:26:13 PM

-tb-

Coins are dissapearing immediately when payout is done. I had almost 137 coins unconfirmed and 480 confirmed. I have received only 480. You can not receive unconfirmed coins from the pool, they should stay there and go to confirmed status and only after they can be transfered to another destination. Instead of that they have just dissapeared from my pool account. It happend again with auto payout.

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:30:59 PM

-tb-

Coins are dissapearing immediately when payout is done. I had almost 137 coins unconfirmed and 480 confirmed. I have received only 480. You can not receive unconfirmed coins from the pool, they should stay there and go to confirmed status and only after they can be transfered to another destination. Instead of that they have just dissapeared from my pool account. It happend again with auto payout.

Now that you brought this up, I noticed this happened to me yesterday but I paid no mind.  I had over 100 unconfirmed went to 0 when the auto payment kicked in.  Hopefully, the owner of the pool has an explanation for this.  If not, I'm moving my hashes.

-tb-

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:42:05 PM

I'll look into finding the pool op tonight. Keep me posted on the status of it, though, please. As soon as I finish my work that needs to get done asap I will look into this is there are still issues

Entz

Activity: 210

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:49:59 PM

Hmm, thats not good at all. I will have to keep a closer eye on mine as well .

Would be a good idea for everyone to disable auto payment until this is fixed.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 01:22:31 AM

Just to keep you guys updated...

There are only about 50 shares left of the 100 total for public investment of iGotSpots, LLC, and available for only 0.4 BTC each, returning a guaranteed minimum 20% profit

For more information on these investments, as well as the Spots coin, and our company in general, please visit iGotSpots.com

Thanks for all the support so far. The Spots family really does have one of the best crypto communities to date! Wait until you see what we have coming tonight...  Wink

Entz

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:35:45 AM

Yeah bug confirmed

Definitely disable auto-payout if you are using http://spt.coinmine.pl/. No way of knowing just how many coins have been lost =/

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 02:14:59 AM

Yeah bug confirmed

Definitely disable auto-payout if you are using http://spt.coinmine.pl/. No way of knowing just how many coins have been lost =/

Coinmine or vircurpool or both?

Entz

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:53:13 AM

http://spt.coinmine.pl/ Haven't tried any others (this is the pool I use)

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 02:58:33 AM

http://spt.coinmine.pl/ Haven't tried any others (this is the pool I use)

Ok I switched to vircurpool and suggest everyone else do the same until we hear from the pool op. I'll remove it from the op for now too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: