Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166018 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TmottaDing

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:15:31 AM

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

shares@igotspots.com

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
To: shares@igotspots.com
Subject: Shares payout
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:13:23 -0500

What are you paying out in the email had options what address do you want?

LOL you are a trip, Is this a sign of hardtimes?

Was paid in BTC unless other arrangements were made via email prior to December 8th

I am assuming that you are ignoring my claim that you did not pay me, I am asking for public proof that you sent payment. Again I am asking are you claiming to have paid me?

BTCIRV

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:59:05 AM

I can't get this thing to synch. I've followed the instructions... nothing. It hooked up to one other server for like a minute and then dropped that. I've added nodes, added files, etc... trying to follow the vague instructions provided.

Do we do the addnodes to the shortcuts of the qt, or only to some server file that we have to create? I couldn't find a miner.bat file that you had referenced.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:03:08 AM

I can't get this thing to synch. I've followed the instructions... nothing. It hooked up to one other server for like a minute and then dropped that. I've added nodes, added files, etc... trying to follow the vague instructions provided.

Do we do the addnodes to the shortcuts of the qt, or only to some server file that we have to hunt down? I couldn't find a miner.bat file that you had referenced.

You put the addnodes in your %appdata%/Spots/spots.conf

Miner.bat is what you use to launch cgminer

BTCIRV

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:07:49 AM

Do we do the addnodes to the shortcuts of the qt, or only to some server file that we have to hunt down? I couldn't find a miner.bat file that you had referenced.

Thank you. So I don't see a spots.conf file there.

BTW, I've always wanted to ask who decides that those files should be placed there? I have to move those files all the time and redirect them. For bitcoin they're 13-22gb, and when you try to image your system, it makes the files huge. It seems that users should be given the option on install where all those files go.

But I was trying to use the qt wallet to mine as on page 1. Is that not possible anymore? I've only mind a few coins, so I'm rather new to the whole process.

Where does one get the cgminer?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:09:07 AM

BTW, I've always wanted to ask who decides that those files should be placed there? I have to move those files all the time and redirect them. For bitcoin they're 13-22gb, and when you try to image your system, it makes the files huge. It seems that users should be given the option on install where all those files go.

But I was trying to use the qt wallet to mine as on page 1. Is that not possible anymore? I've only mind a few coins, so I'm rather new to the whole process.

You have to make spots.conf to launch spots-qt.exe with -server

BTCIRV

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:15:16 AM

Ok, well thank you. But that's sort of vague. So then if I go to console and do a setgenerate true 8 or what ever, that won't work?

so I create a spots.conf file... what, exactly, would it say inside, just addnode=ip ? or are there other things in there?

How come these two files don't exist already just to synch the wallet?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:17:23 AM

Ok, well thank you. But that's sort of vague. So then if I go to console and do a setgenerate true 8 or what ever, that won't work?

so I create a spots.conf file... what, exactly, would it say inside, just addnode=ip ? or are there other things in there?

I posted steps on the previous page yesterday. Here they are:

1) Make a .bat in your Spots folder that says "spots-qt.exe -server" without the quotes
2) Make a .conf file in %appdata%/Spots/spots.conf saying this to load your QT as a server:
(You can use any user/pass/port you want as long as they match your mining .bat)

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

Let it sync (it may take a while)

3) Make a .bat for your miner (or use config files) to point it to 127.0.0.1:8018 (or the user/port/pass you used in your config)

4) Make money!

Hope this helps

BTCIRV

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

1) Make a .bat in your Spots folder that says "spots-qt.exe -server" without the quotes
2) Make a .conf file in %appdata%/Spots/spots.conf saying this to load your QT as a server:
(You can use any user/pass/port you want as long as they match your mining .bat)

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

3) Make a .bat for your miner (or use config files) to point it to 127.0.0.1:8018 (or the user/port/pass you used in your config)

4) Make money!

Hope this helps

Yes, I already read that, which refers to an already existing mining.bat file, that you said is from the cgminer... I was asking specific questions above. I don't know where to put this miner.bat file, where to download the cgminor, etc. Previously the last addnode wasn't in the instructions - the p2pool.org, so that helps a little more.

It's like trying to get in and understand Linux. Everyone assumes you're an expert, and few are willing to break the instructions down to point by point so that everyone can easily understand.

But again, that didn't answer why those files aren't already in there, etc. I mean, I'm trying to understand why to create all these files and spend all this time to get started on this coin?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:31:47 AM

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

4) Make money!

Hope this helps

Yes, I already read that, which refers to an already existing mining.bat file, that you said is from the cgminer... I was asking specific questions above. I don't know where to put this miner.bat file, where to download the cgminor, etc. Previously the last addnode wasn't in the instructions - the p2pool.org, so that helps a little more.

It's like trying to get in and understand Linux. Everyone assumes you're an expert, and few are willing to break the instructions down to point by point so that everyone can easily understand.

But again, that didn't answer why those files aren't already in there, etc. I mean, I'm trying to understand why to create all these files and spend all this time to get started on this coin?

You have to do this for all coins if you want to solo mine them. After your first time, it only takes about 1 minute to do it for a new coin

Download cgminer and make a .bat with this in it:

cgminer -o 127.0.0.1:8108 -u x -p x --scrypt

It will launch cgminer using your wallet as the server if you did spots.conf correctly

Not to be a dick, but... http://bit.ly/19Irv3m

BTCIRV

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:34:00 AM

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

4) Make money!

Hope this helps

In number one, is the file supposed to be NAMED "spots-qt.exe -server.bat" without the quotes? Or is this supposed to be INSIDE this file created, as "spots-qt.exe -server" - without the quotes? and the file named just .bat?

Again, where is the cgminer? Again, can we or can we not use the wallet to mine? Some miners, such a Joulecoin, have  program CALLED CGMINER that must be download someplace. Is there such a file to download?

Sorry, but your instructions are not very clear. Maybe that's why so many seem to be having issues. I'm just trying to get clarity here.
vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:38:39 AM

Im sorry are you trying to be funny? Is this a Troll attempt?
CoinWarz is the worst thing to happen to SPOTS, brings them out of the woodworks dosnt it, i dont even know where to start on a reply to that one...
Sorry, maybe start at the start and end at the end?

1) open notepad, type:
Code:
spots-qt.exe -server 
click on > saveas > change to all files > and name it > noobsMakeMoney.bat

1) open notepad, type:
Code:
rpcuser=noobie
rpcpassword=iWillBeRICH
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=80085
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229

click on > saveas > change to all files > and name it > %appdata%/Spots/spots.conf
(make sure it is there in appdata, it has to be there)

3) go and search on bitcointalk for A MINER in exe format for your chipset ATI, NVIDIA whatever....
it must have SCRYPT support..... Open CMD, and type:
Code:
someminer.exe --scrypt -o ocalhost:80085 -u noobie -p IwillBeRich

to check what command to use rune:
Code:
someminer.exe --help

4) go and learn the fundamentals........ Start at the start, end at the end, then come back here.
BTCIRV

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:42:39 AM

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

4) Make money!

Hope this helps

You have to do this for all coins if you want to solo mine them. After your first time, it only takes about 1 minute to do it for a new coin

It will launch cgminer using your wallet as the server if you did spots.conf correctly

Not to be a dick, but as I said previously, I'm new to this. Only mined a couple coins, neither of which needed CGMINER, which is why I asked. I wouldn't know to google search that without the prior info. If all of this was written clearly on page one, no one would take up your time asking questions and attempting to get clarification. I was looking around for some .bat file that doesn't exist.

I very much appreciate you finally taking the time to be a little more clear with us newbs trying to mine this. Is this your coin? I would think you'd want everyone in so that it does well. Why waste time with poor instructions? A program that's not ready to use, or doesn't already have these files included in the zip? Seems a lot of wasted time all around. Allow you experts to scan through CLEAR instructions and allow the rest of us to go point by point. Raspberry pi in the Linux world seems to get that approach - so that millions of new users want to use their product. But I fail to understand the value in this vague approach and assuming everyone knows what you're taking about. Does it save any time? Whose? Yours?
vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:54:55 AM

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

4) Make money!

Hope this helps

Not to be a dick, but as I said previously, I'm new to this. Only mined a couple coins, neither of which needed CGMINER, which is why I asked. I wouldn't know to google search that without the prior info. If all of this was written clearly on page one, no one would take up your time asking questions and attempting to get clarification. I was looking around for some .bat file that doesn't exist.

I very much appreciate you finally taking the time to be a little more clear with us newbs trying to mine this. Is this your coin? I would think you'd want everyone in so that it does well. Why waste time with poor instructions? A program that's not ready to use, or doesn't already have these files included in the zip? Seems a lot of wasted time all around. Allow you experts to scan through CLEAR instructions and allow the rest of us to go point by point. Raspberry pi in the Linux world seems to get that approach - so that millions of new users want to use their product. But I fail to understand the value in this vague approach and assuming everyone knows what you're taking about. Does it save any time? Whose? Yours?

What more is to be explained?
Come on freenode on IRC and pm console i will walk you threw it step by step. The problem is everyone has been said and reworded 4 times, how can it be made any more clear? Maybe this product isnt for you. Find your way onto IRC msg me and ill step you threw it live, maybe even do it for you
on teamview if you beg me.
TmottaDing

Activity: 234

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:00:37 AM

To: 1KTDYKkrrwgsPUja8eieXbERkm3gKpZfA (own address, label: TmottaDing)
Credit: 0.40 BTC
Net amount: +0.40 BTC
Transaction ID: a4c9b02fb4c1b097fc8401eb74942e9dc131ac65cab807470538afaa79411cb2

Robert, pay me what you owe me! If you need an address use the one the BTC came from or..    1CwnQGckdcRtVQBZwdQAZk4HvHdTcCJiic. please send me a confirmation. I am losing confidence that you are very legit.

BTCIRV

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:04:36 AM

What more is to be explained?
Come on freenode on IRC and pm console i will walk you threw it step by step. The problem is everyone has been said and reworded 4 times, how can it be made any more clear? Maybe this product isnt for you. Find your way onto IRC msg me and ill step you threw it live, maybe even do it for you
on teamview if you beg me.

The problem is everyone has been said and reworded 4 times, how can it be made any more clear?

As I said previously:
If all of this was written clearly on page one, no one would take up your time asking questions and attempting to get clarification.

That's alright. I don't need the constant condescending attitude. No one was like this when I learned to mine protoshares and primecoin. People wanted new people to learn. I really don't get this business model here. You know, I also have a radio show and have been spending weeks trying to get my head around the entire cryptocoin thing.

It really, really sucks when you're treated like a new Linux user. Everyone needs to be on Linux - its free and promotes freedom, so we're going to give vague answers and be dicks when people want and ask for sincere help to get involved, causing more frustration and quitters than people who want to get involved and help to spread the word.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 03:18:42 AM

To: 1KTDYKkrrwgsPUja8eieXbERkm3gKpZfA (own address, label: TmottaDing)
Credit: 0.40 BTC
Net amount: +0.40 BTC
Transaction ID: a4c9b02fb4c1b097fc8401eb74942e9dc131ac65cab807470538afaa79411cb2

Robert, pay me what you owe me! If you need an address use the one the BTC came from or..    1CwnQGckdcRtVQBZwdQAZk4HvHdTcCJiic. please send me a confirmation. I am losing confidence that you are very legit.

Email shares@igotspots.com with your concerns. I already told you they will handle it

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 08:05:03 AM

I'm having similar problems as described above.

I've run the client on 4 different machines on 4 different networks, and while 1 initially sync'd, after stopping it and restarting it, it couldn't connect to any more than 1 peer before going back to 0 peers. Another machine was able to connect kind of. 2 other machines couldn't connect at all. I read the posts and used this config:

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

Does anyone know why this happens?

Other people are having the same issues in the Cryptocoin Talk forums. https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/867-spots-spt-information/

mgoldfinger

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:39:44 PM

I've run the client on 4 different machines on 4 different networks, and while 1 initially sync'd, after stopping it and restarting it, it couldn't connect to any more than 1 peer before going back to 0 peers. Another machine was able to connect kind of. 2 other machines couldn't connect at all. I read the posts and used this config:

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

Other people are having the same issues in the Cryptocoin Talk forums. https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/867-spots-spt-information/

same problem here Guess something broke.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 03:17:47 PM

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8108
server=1
gen=0

addnode=96.2.111.139
addnode=67.167.228.42
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=68.103.6.158
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=70.69.238.84
addnode=108.185.218.246
addnode=70.98.114.229
addnode=p2pool.org

I've had the same problem with other coin QTs. And............ I've finally figured it out. You just need to wait an ungodly amount of time, and maybe restart a few times and wait more. Eventually it works.

That's a sucky answer, but that's what I've found works. Sorry for the bad news. Sad

mgoldfinger

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:19:49 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've had the same problem with other coin QTs. And............ I've finally figured it out. You just need to wait an ungodly amount of time, and maybe restart a few times and wait more. Eventually it works.

That's a sucky answer, but that's what I've found works. Sorry for the bad news. Sad
[/quote]

Not for me; other wallets are good and connect quickly. Spots wallet though: not so good :-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: