Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:14:36 AM

Igotspots seems to have gone AWOL. Either he is ignoring the above people who claim not to have been payed, or he is doing stuff behind the scenes. Given the timelines he has recently mentioned all being rubbish, it seems like it is the first.
draceus

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:05:16 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 01:22:24 PM by draceus

Igotspots seems to have gone AWOL. Either he is ignoring the above people who claim not to have been payed, or he is doing stuff behind the scenes. Given the timelines he has recently mentioned all being rubbish, it seems like it is the first.

Lets hope its not the first since many of us have invested in this coin and are still hoping for the price to rise Smiley
I don't know if I should stop mining spots right now or keep going since I'm so heavily invested.

ckoeber

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:32:24 PM

Lets hope its not the first since many of us have invested in this coin and are still hoping for the price to rise Smiley
I don't know if I should stop mining spots right now or keep going since I'm so heavily invested.

Luckily the coin is separate from the creator so you still have an out; my thinking is that when BitCoin rises again so will the Alt-Coins so hang tight. Just have a pricepoint in your mind of where you want the coin to be at in the short or mid-term and if the coin doesn't hit it then you should move to something else.
draceus

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:35:12 PM

just wish we could have a reassuring comment from Igotspots Smiley

ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:33:29 AM

just wish we could have a reassuring comment from Igotspots Smiley

Heh, you're funny. Just not how con-artists work.
Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:53:57 AM

iGotSpots, any comments?

PS: dumped a little. Sorry guys. I've lost ~80% of investments in spots by btc and ~85% in usd equivalent. That was bad idea.
draceus

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:12:44 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 09:36:36 PM by draceus

iGotSpots, any comments?

PS: dumped a little. Sorry guys. I've lost ~80% of investments in spots by btc and ~85% in usd equivalent. That was bad idea.

Im still holding.... Balls of steel

kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:16:35 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 04:29:29 PM by kslavik

iGotSpots, any comments?

Im still holding.... Patience and balls of steel

There is no way that a coin with no active developers support and with such wild difficulty jumps (every other block) has any future. The price of this coins keeps going down.

This coins will be dead soon enough:
- Crazy Target adjustment algorithm
- No development and support (the founder is MIA)
- The founder of the coin is a liar and a thief

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

NUFCrichard
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:29:05 PM

Its fairly crazy that he isnt responding in this thread, he answered a pm from me fairly quickly, but doesn't seem bothered by this thread
draceus

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:34:14 PM

Its fairly crazy that he isnt responding in this thread, he answered a pm from me fairly quickly, but doesn't seem bothered by this thread

He might just be busy over the holidays, that might not explain it though since you said you got a fast PM answer Smiley
Did you pm him about the hysteria going on in this thread?

NUFCrichard
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:41:36 PM

I asked him if Spots is dead, he said no, they have plans for bullion crypto coins only buyable with spots.
As a pre December craziness, not premined, not mined out in no time coin, it has the specs of a coin that should be supported. We just need igotspots to sort of the few issues and it'd be good to go.
draceus

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:25:04 PM

I asked him if Spots is dead, he said no, they have plans for bullion crypto coins only buyable with spots.
As a pre December craziness, not premined, not mined out in no time coin, it has the specs of a coin that should be supported. We just need igotspots to sort of the few issues and it'd be good to go.

phew, well that's good for me since I held my coins!

Thanks for sharing this information

TmottaDing

Activity: 234

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:33:31 PM

Well Hell that seems sensible, Spots already made off with people's money. If he befriends those he has not yet scammed in pm, he has a chance at their money too. This thread has very little attention in Spots mind.

binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 02:00:32 AM

Tired of bad or laggy pools?  Want a dedicated server pool that takes your mining seriously??

We have a great spots pool that is up 24/7.  It's always been challenging to find a good spots pool but make sure you visit us and keep us on the ready for when you want to mine spots!

http://SPT.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

- Gobs of server power and network bandwidth (256MB DDR3 RAM, 1GB backbone)
- Dedicated server with redundant server setup.
- Backups every 30 minutes
- No lag, no hassle.
- 24/7, no downtime.
- Stratum/Vardiff/2% fee for keeping pool alive and running well

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:43:57 AM

The only way you'd ever be able to buy bullion with these is at a bad price.  Think about it, either the price of the SPOTS when exchanged into USD will cover the price of the metal or they don't.  The idea that there will be bullion only purchasable by SPOTS seems a bit silly to me.  He isn't going to take a loss selling you metal when he can't make a profit.  So what is the value of the coin here?  Sounds like a con angle to me.  It sounds very marketable.  "Coins straight to bullion"  For this to work, he sells metal coins for spots, then he has to hope he can offload the SPOTS while the price still makes him a profit.  Why not just take any coin? 

I completely hope I'm wrong, but I've started reading about some of these coins I bought.  Trying to understand what value they have longterm.  My foray into SPOTS was initially pure speculation.  I bought a lot because the price went down in recent crash when I assumed there was more to the coin.  You can have coins minted all day long, but it takes a decent amount of capital.  I don't think this dude will have it.

I'm not selling my small holding that I have left after reversing my position, but I think we'll going to need to get lucky to see it rise from current prices.  That or mass speculation dumping tons of capital blindly into markets.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:47:08 AM

The only way you'd ever be able to buy bullion with these is at a bad price.  Think about it, either the price of the SPOTS when exchanged into USD will cover the price of the metal or they don't.  The idea that there will be bullion only purchasable by SPOTS seems a bit silly to me.  He isn't going to take a loss selling you metal when he can't make a profit.  So what is the value of the coin here?  Sounds like a con angle to me.  It sounds very marketable.  "Coins straight to bullion"  For this to work, he sells metal coins for spots, then he has to hope he can offload the SPOTS while the price still makes him a profit.  Why not just take any coin?  

I completely hope I'm wrong, but I've started reading about some of these coins I bought.  Trying to understand what value they have longterm.  My foray into SPOTS was initially pure speculation.  I bought a lot because the price went down in recent crash when I assumed there was more to the coin.  You can have coins minted all day long, but it takes a decent amount of capital.  I don't think this dude will have it.

I'm not selling my small holding that I have left after reversing my position, but I think we'll going to need to get lucky to see it rise from current prices.  That or mass speculation dumping tons of capital blindly into markets.

They are not about the actual value of the metal. They will be made with fillers; the actual value is in the private key on the back. They will be custom minted with the logo of other coins and either custom QR codes or hologram stickers on the back loaded with the coin on the logo. You will only be able to purchase them with Spots, but they are loaded with other coins. There's also 2 other projects we are in development on right now, hence my less than every day appearance on these forums, now

Anyone who still didn't get repaid, please email me directly at support@igotspots.com - NOT shares@igotspots - Anyone just spouting bullshit don't bother

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:52:25 AM

I'll probably get yelled at for posting which coin we are doing first, but whatever

First design: https://i.imgur.com/YFxGCgt.jpg

It will look about this color and definition: https://i.imgur.com/7t2oJxA.jpg

They will be loaded with PPC on the obverse side private key. Not sure if they will be individual QR codes or just anti tamper hologram stickers, yet, though

dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:56:20 AM

I'll probably get yelled at for posting which coin we are doing first, but whatever

They will be loaded with PPC on the obverse side private key. Not sure if they will be individual QR codes or just anti tamper hologram stickers, yet, though

Cool.  Glad I'm wrong and there is more to it.  I don't want to be a hater, I am just trying to understand.  You've at least come through with some designs. A little public communication even when busy will go a long ways. THx.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:58:42 AM

Cool.  Glad I'm wrong and there is more to it.  I don't want to be a hater, I am just trying to understand.  You've at least come through with some designs. A little public communication even when busy will go a long ways. THx.

I tend to miss posts on the thread but pm is an easy way to contact me

Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:01:23 AM

"PEFECTIONISM" at second picture.. cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: