Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's happening to Bitcoin?  (Read 3679 times)
outlandz (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:43:20 AM

Bitcoin is taking a huge plunge!
Are you guys selling to be safe, or still hodl in the hope it will go up again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:05:48 AM

I will still hold my bitcoin because i'm pretty sure that it is just a temporary and it will go up again. It always happen to bitcoin that's why bitcoin is volatile it goes up and down so don't panic sell, wait for the price to increase again.
DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:37:49 AM

I just check my wallet, it surprises me that it really plunges. Even so, I still will not touch my bitcoins, it never stays, it goes down a little then, it will rise big.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:59:44 AM

Both of them is good sell or hold, bitcoin can be raise up again maybe for few month
Decision in your hand  Wink
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:14:22 AM

Well 2 things happened today:
1) Coinbase started offering BCH
2) Emil Oldenburg, one of the starters of bitcoin.com sold all his bitcoins and told everyone that the bitcoin has no value as payment system because it's extremely slow and has become unusable. He switched to BCH.

It might recover who knows. But fact of the matter is that this guy is right and bitcoin itself has no future as a payment system. Once people start to see this, it will go to 0. So be careful, my advise would be to spread to some alt coins.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:42:26 AM

Well 2 things happened today:
1) Coinbase started offering BCH
2) Emil Oldenburg, one of the starters of bitcoin.com sold all his bitcoins and told everyone that the bitcoin has no value as payment system because it's extremely slow and has become unusable. He switched to BCH.

It might recover who knows. But fact of the matter is that this guy is right and bitcoin itself has no future as a payment system. Once people start to see this, it will go to 0. So be careful, my advise would be to spread to some alt coins.

Yes, I do agree that current bitcoin issues but I don't agree that it will go to zero value.

The current price drops may be just for short-term and slowly bitcoin prices will recover back soon or later. I will not sell now and hold bitcoins but if possible will buy some bitcoin cash as well after some correction.
ImSuparmin

Activity: 490

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:47:40 AM

if I still would not sell it, I believe Bitcoin will surely go up again, if Bitcoint down it's normal if I think up and down is a natural thing, just take advantage of it, when Bitcoin down I want to buy as much coin and invest it until Bitcoin rises steadily.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:50:11 AM

Correction I think, but I will not sell on panic I believe on this great technology and for sure bitcoin will bounce back even higher, grab this opportunity to buy more bitcoin so you can have big profit in the future. Btc is falling and for me its normal.
sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:50:42 AM

Yes, I do agree that current bitcoin issues but I don't agree that it will go to zero value.

The current price drops may be just for short-term and slowly bitcoin prices will recover back soon or later. I will not sell now and hold bitcoins but if possible will buy some bitcoin cash as well after some correction.

It might recover and even set new highs above $20.000. But I do think we might be at a turning point here. If people realize that bitcoin itself just is useless as a payment system (compared to other coins, due to extremely high transaction costs and extremely slow processing times) then why would they still want to buy it ? Just because it always went up ?

I've done the same as Emil Oldenburg and bought BCH (which IS a very good payment system) and I'm short bitcoin itself. But who knows, I might get stopped out at $20.000 Wink We'll see. Good luck to you !
ImSuparmin

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:51:11 AM

What do you do if the value of Bitcoin drops drastically?
do you want to buy coin for an investment for a moment Bitcoin ride?

ImSuparmin

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:55:00 AM

I just check my wallet, it surprises me that it really plunges. Even so, I still will not touch my bitcoins, it never stays, it goes down a little then, it will rise big.
I agree with you, Bitcoin is not going to go down forever, but Bitcoin is down a bit, later if the ride must rise rapidly, hopefully also Bitcoin continue up and up.

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:56:55 AM

I agree with you, Bitcoin is not going to go down forever, but Bitcoin is down a bit, later if the ride must rise rapidly, hopefully also Bitcoin continue up and up.

Ya it is true that Bitcoin has to do some correction then only it will move back to high after this correction, so for traders who have sold bitcoin in high price is a good opportunity to buy back and who ever wants to enter bitcoin can buy now as this is a good low price.
sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:57:56 AM

You might be right. But I just don't see any reason for it to be worth more than 0. It's dead obvious that it's not going to survive as payment system (just read what Emil says himself: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5171016/bitcoin-guru-admits-he-has-flogged-all-of-his-cryptocurrency-because-its-virtually-unusable-in-the-real-world/). So if it's a dead end as a payment system, why would it be worth more than 0 ?
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:09:24 AM

Keep holding. Yes, it will dump but it will soon recover. Bitcoin is showing a really impressive potential in the market and I am confident that by year 2018 it will be greater.

snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 04:20:35 AM

that's just a adjustment of the market. you dont need to be too nervous. it will recover soon. Look at the history of Bitcoin, you can realize that.

dewi91

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:36:39 AM

keep calm and keep hold.. I am prety sure in 2018 bitcoin will reach more than $ 20K, I will waiting until bitcoin price increased and sell bitcoin when the price is higher than now so I can get a big profit..
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:55:43 AM

Just a plain market correction. The sudden rise is just because people are riding the wave and some just are panic buying thinking that it would go up some more after that initial pump. Well, now because there isn't really enough demand for it now the price is going down and no one has interest anymore of buying at that current prices. Likely we'll see another pump before the year end and probably see $20,000. But right now, this is the correction bitcoins needed.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:15:06 AM

Just a plain market correction. The sudden rise is just because people are riding the wave and some just are panic buying thinking that it would go up some more after that initial pump. Well, now because there isn't really enough demand for it now the price is going down and no one has interest anymore of buying at that current prices. Likely we'll see another pump before the year end and probably see $20,000. But right now, this is the correction bitcoins needed.

I have this feeling also that the much awaited correction is happening, although might not be down for a longer time because bitcoin has not been down for a longer time than it has stayed up. The final rush for this period/season is likely to come very soon.
outlandz (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:48:33 AM

I will still hold my bitcoin because i'm pretty sure that it is just a temporary and it will go up again. It always happen to bitcoin that's why bitcoin is volatile it goes up and down so don't panic sell, wait for the price to increase again.

I will hodl and wait for the recovery, and hope for the best!
rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:09:36 AM

I am still holding. The fall in Bitcoin's price is due to the surge in BCH . It's quite obvious that they are pumping BCH again.
Am just waiting to see how hard they dump it this time. Bitcoin will grow stronger when BCH dumps it. Grin

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: