Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:39:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOKFORGE- Official Canaan Distributor  (Read 24514 times)
livfreely

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:58:13 AM

I am still seeing PayPal, and Stripe as forms of payments on their website. 
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:09:16 AM

I am still seeing PayPal, and Stripe as forms of payments on their website.  

What did you put in the cart?  I added one of the only things I could find in stock, the controller for the Avalons and I only see BTC and wire.

Alan
livfreely

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:19:55 AM

I was just looking at their webpage where it says "payment".  About halfway down on the right side of the page. 

I would bet that they are doing an update on their webpage, and the other forms of payments should come back up?  Steam may be right in that they want to save a few bucks on the transaction fees from PP/CC. 

Hey, that could be good for us as they are trying to lower the listed price as much as possible???
akadamson

Merit: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:31:50 AM

I was just looking at their webpage where it says "payment".  About halfway down on the right side of the page. 

I would bet that they are doing an update on their webpage, and the other forms of payments should come back up?  Steam may be right in that they want to save a few bucks on the transaction fees from PP/CC. 

Hey, that could be good for us as they are trying to lower the listed price as much as possible???

Ah, yeah, I see that too... But if you actually go to Checkout with something in the cart, those no longer show.  Well we'll see soon enough I suppose.

Thanks for the pointout.
fccs

Activity: 355
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:52:15 AM

Can blockforge reply and let us know the details on controller?  If we have a controller currently running 741's.. can we just plug in the 821's and it'll work fine and recognize or do we need to buy a seperate new controller and run the 821's off them alone?
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:15:51 PM

$4000 for a 11TH asic miner lmfao.  Smoking crack I see.  So... more money.. for a product that generates LESS money than the competitors... a year ago.  Yea, sure.  I'd rather buy up a bunch of 741's than pay $4000 for a miner that is essentially mildly better than the 741.

The mining game has mostly been for the ones that can write off a business expense or worse, launder funds into buying miners.  That is why you get those crazy 'never ROI' prices.
They aren't paying straight out of their hard earned pocket money like most people hoping to do here.

With the recent boom in bitcoin price all the old shennanigans are back

So what you're saying, is that those people are doing it "correctly".   Write-off the miner expense, duh!

nah it's a bit more underhanded or you wouldn't see these prices.. someone can easily add a few miners as 'servers' as part of $200k budget where it should of only been $150k or less to get the job done.  even without mining many people spend way more than what's needed on equipment since it isn't an exact science on capacity rollouts.

Basically creative theft.. I wouldn't bring this up here but all this talk about double the price of ROI makes it come up again

If what you describe is true (which I don't think), then it would be theft, not money laundering or writing off business expenses.  Considering how most of the time these companies only accept cryptocurrency or wire transfers I don't see how this would be feasible.  I could see over-ordering servers for cryptonight mining, but when you are ordering 150k worth of equipment, then suddenly wiring $50k to China, that raises red flags
tetradrachm

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:15:47 PM

Cryptouniverse.at selling bundles and single 821`s today...preorder and pretty stiff pricing. But got me one anyway:)

Joskor

If we get charged $3450 in the US with a PSU it's still pretty high. I'd like to pay at the most $3k.
Cryptohasher76

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:34:45 PM

Cryptouniverse.at selling bundles and single 821`s today...preorder and pretty stiff pricing. But got me one anyway:)

Joskor

If we get charged $3450 in the US with a PSU it's still pretty high. I'd like to pay at the most $3k.
 Agreed.  I want to assume they would be in the $25-2800 range but after seeing what crypto-universe charged... wind has been taking out of my sails a bit. Hopefully we hear some details today.
gurugarzah

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:24:41 PM

Joskor

Agreed.  I want to assume they would be in the $25-2800 range but after seeing what crypto-universe charged... wind has been taking out of my sails a bit. Hopefully we hear some details today.

I like Blokforge. But I won’t order any Canaan products anymore.

I was quoted $2880 for a discounted Avalon 821 that I might receieve in March.(most likely I’d get three emails of delays notifications and then a refund)

Didley1JT

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:09:36 PM

Price for 821s on Blokforge is $3600.

I just don’t get it. S9 all the way, I guess.

BTC: 1GaqNkHcstajEex6LQ6caMDLNJMLKwourJ
gurugarzah

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:16:12 PM

I feel like Canaan regrouped to make Bitmain look better. LOL!
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:17:37 PM

Wait until Bitmain releases the next batch...it won't be nearly as cheap. 
gurugarzah

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:21:17 PM

Wait until Bitmain releases the next batch...it won't be nearly as cheap. 

Yeah right, I bet they release tonight at $2400. Just to undercut all presale with canaan
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

I can't say I'm to surprised by the price, definitely glad it's lower than the EU pricing. This is just what happens when they are the only Asic machine that you can get in hand and hashing within 4 weeks (can't remember expected delivery).

I don't think that there are any other Avalon batches coming out until March; so it's a game of do you need/want one now or do you wait until late February/March to see what pricing will be.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Blokforge

Activity: 97
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 04:29:16 PM

The first and second batches prices are higher due to limited availability and increased costs to obtain first batches in the world, March pricing will reflect increased supply.
DPoS2

Activity: 189
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:03:32 PM

If what you describe is true (which I don't think), then it would be theft, not money laundering or writing off business expenses.  Considering how most of the time these companies only accept cryptocurrency or wire transfers I don't see how this would be feasible.  I could see over-ordering servers for cryptonight mining, but when you are ordering 150k worth of equipment, then suddenly wiring $50k to China, that raises red flags

people get really creative when something like mining (set and forget it) can be sending them money..  I've been at places where an IT guy had the wool over the company to the point that he just took half the equipment out of their rack and put it in another rack in the same co-location to set up his own business and just kept saying that yeah, you got redundancy, disaster recovery, yadda yadda since they had no one to actually check until I joined them and had to make their jaws drop on the blatant arrogance

I got out of serious mining in 2014 when I started seeing prices make no sense and was way beyond the 'stupid noob ebay fool' and had to be just plane graft

And yes, I can see someone running their own business and adding miners that have nothing to do with their business and write it off like it does and not claim any BTC on their taxes..  with these prices it is the only thing that actually makes sense unless you really are laundering money which is whole other level

ROI on a miner should only be 4 months tops.. if the prices paid make it 12 months?  a whole year to hope to get your money back and then what profit on top of that?  Perhaps using a 0% credit card to convert the money you paid into bitcoin via the miner without having to go through the spotlight of Coinbase?  Sure that is another valid reason but if you are paying for the miner in BTC just to hope to get the same BTC back in a year with no other way of tilting the system in your favor.. why bother?

Learn the *Truth* about Big Company Mining Pools!!! Stop Giving Your Money Away!!!
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:14:41 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 12:49:01 AM by timk225

Blokforge -- I saw your obscene price of $3599 on your site today, and I must ask... Are you insane?

I'm a republican and I believe in capitalism and making a profit and all that, but based on the price that Canaan has had on their site for weeks for pallets of 821's, I estimated that single unit pricing would be in the $2500 to $2800 range.  A bit high, but I would spend that much.  

However, at $3599 you are about a thousand bucks into "making an obscene profit" territory.  I have the money, but I am not spending that much.

I am patient.  I will wait.  With the influx of 821s over the next couple months, 741 prices will drop on ebay.  I'll pick up a few for cheaper prices then.  In the meantime, I have $3000 worth of GPUs coming today from FedEx, and am going that way with my mining for now.

Despite what I write here, I'm not a fool.  I can math.  I am not one of these "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!" idiots who will pay the outrageous price.  And YES, if you pay $3599 for an 821, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

And while I have your attention, on your site you have 13.5 TH S9's listed for $4999 and 14 TH S9's for $3199.  What the hell kind of pricing logic is that?

Maybe I will get on the site at sale time and try to buy an 821, just to see if I can get it into my cart.

And as with the last sale of 741s, some of these 821s will be on ebay by the weekend, for sale at double price, to be delivered when they receive their pre-order.  This BS must be stopped.  I will go on ebay and harass those thieving bastard sellers.
tetradrachm

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:40:29 PM

I can't say I'm to surprised by the price, definitely glad it's lower than the EU pricing. This is just what happens when they are the only Asic machine that you can get in hand and hashing within 4 weeks (can't remember expected delivery).

I don't think that there are any other Avalon batches coming out until March; so it's a game of do you need/want one now or do you wait until late February/March to see what pricing will be.

Not by much. Blokforge's price is $3,600 USD without a power supply. Crypto Universe wants EUR 3,425, or $4125 with a power supply and controller. When you add $200 for the same power supply and another $100 for a controller all in if you order from Blokforge its $3,900. About 5.3% cheaper than what they are paying in Europe.

Getting only the machine is slightly better, $3600 at Blokforge and $3800 at Crypto Universe so it would be 5.4% cheaper  Undecided
Cryptohasher76

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:51:30 PM

Not by much. Blokforge's price is $3,600 USD without a power supply. Crypto Universe wants EUR 3,425, or $4125 with a power supply and controller. When you add $200 for the same power supply and another $100 for a controller all in if you order from Blokforge its $3,900. About 5.3% cheaper than what they are paying in Europe.

Getting only the machine is slightly better, $3600 at Blokforge and $3800 at Crypto Universe so it would be 5.4% cheaper  Undecided
   at this point, might as well buy an S9 off ebay.
gurugarzah

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:56:44 PM

at this point, might as well buy an S9 off ebay.

Yep and the 741s on eBay. At least you get it today and don’t risk insane long delays.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m done absorbing risks from these manufacturers with empty promises

If I’m going to get ripped off might as well just pay up he ass.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: