Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:02:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOKFORGE- Official Canaan Distributor  (Read 24514 times)
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

Don't tell me the IRS won't they will even following rules, if there is high amounts money/cash/gear whatever we/you/I call it, involved an I don't mean below 10k .they will expect it for 10 k buys an enforce more over that 3 k buy,the price doesn't have to go up because coins do, sigh .......to me that's just another excuse used to be Greedily or justify greed, that in the end will hurt all of us including the ones that cause it.

I think this is the problem with them accepting BTC/BCH for purchases. The assumption now is that everyone who is buying miners was part of the early days when BTC was less than $1000 so now that it is worth $10000+, people are swimming in 'money' and they will pay more for it. Add that everyone that held BTC got the equivalent in BCH made free money out of thin air! That allows them to take liberties with the supply and demand curve. The price is the price the market will bear and the push it up and people still pay it.
Blokforge

Activity: 97
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:07:53 PM

I got on around 6:55 and was refreshing periodically.  About 7:01 my screen showed available units, I left it on one unit, and click the add to cart or whatever it is button.  Then by the time it got to the next page I had the pink "not available" notice across the top of the screen.

Meh.

At least the site didn't lag out all to hell and back like on the last 741 sale.  It hung up a bit in the 7:00 to 7:02 time range, but otherwise wasn't bad.

Blokforge - how many 821 units were available at 6:59:59 pm?

And why is the 741 still on your site page?  Might as well take it off if no more are being made.

We had less than 100 units.

We are leaving it up until we are sure 100% all the remainder are out of canaans warehouse, just in case.

Blokforge

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:09:35 PM

IMO, if it is going to be like this from here on out, they should set up a lottery system where you know a few days in advance if you're gonna get one or not.  Then, when they go on sale, give people like 10 minutes to check out.  If you don't check out in 10 minutes, the rest go back on the market and sell first come first serve.  I get rewarding people who get there first, but in this case we were all there within a second of each other.  They are either going to people using bots or it's just dumb luck.  If nothing else, it would make life easier for Blokforge if 10,000 people weren't constantly refreshing the page.

Well quantities will get larger from here on out, so it only gets buggy when there is 1-2 items left on the site, so wont be like that forever.  But honestly no matter which way we do it we will get upset people.  People will miss the lottery, say its rigged, ect..

Now this round paypal screwed up about 16 sales right now  by blocking transactions, caused people to not be able to checkout after they did that, so held inventory ect.. now cut us off and told us to refund people if we are not shipping them right away.  But in the end i guess that is why btc exists....

So... it was Paypal that stopped me?  In my case I kept clicking the 'proceed to paypal' button, but never made it to their site.

Seems that way, they called us and said they were blocking payments until we uploaded tracking for every item sold and submitted invoices from the factory, factory contacts to verify, two years financials. ect....   So needless to say we are no longer taking paypal unfortunately.

Are credit cards going to be accepted for the March batches?

We are not sure yet, credit card company does not like a flood of purchases at one time, we will evaluate when the time comes, but it should be available again.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:30:10 AM

Only visiting and meetings, no showing a miner, possibly some day when inventory is no issue.  But we did see the amazing kodak kash miner you can buy a cloud mining contract on, lol.  Please dont anyone......

A large company into mining and selling hash space is scary.

Was it a Pangolinminer?

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting.)

The best part of it is they plan on running these miners out of their headquarters in New York and powering them with an on-site coal plant!
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:38:31 AM

Wow, so all you guys that were talking about the price being too high went and bought a 821. Guess the the price wasn't as high as we thought.

Oh no, it's a complete ripoff lol.  But I'll run them for now and resell when I get more later for less.  It's not like your going to LOSE money on a asic miner these days

Ha, tell that to everyone who owns a D3.  How much do you possibly think you could sell one of these for on the secondary market?  You can get an in-stock S9 on ebay for $5000. 
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:55:25 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282807411559?ul_noapp=true

Well that didn't take long.  I actually saw this a day ago and bitched them out for it.
Elix9

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:42:12 PM

Well that didn't take long.  I actually saw this a day ago and bitched them out for it.

It's part of the free market. If people want to pay irresponsible prices, let them. Unfortunately they are going to learn the hard way about declining profitability and difficulty.

That being said, I really hope the people buying at these prices have enough money that 5 grand isn't a big deal.

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:41:52 PM

It's part of the free market. If people want to pay irresponsible prices, let them. Unfortunately they are going to learn the hard way about declining profitability and difficulty.

That being said, I really hope the people buying at these prices have enough money that 5 grand isn't a big deal.

I'm more pissed off because of the sellers' business. I'm sure that all this hardware shortage and buying hell is mostly because of these re-sellers. I see no easy way of stopping them, but it's ridiculous. If they specialize in buying and depleting seller's stock (including writing scripts to do their buying), there's no way we (that specialize in mining or whatever else) have much chance to get hardware.
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:32:12 AM

I'm more pissed off because of the sellers' business. I'm sure that all this hardware shortage and buying hell is mostly because of these re-sellers. I see no easy way of stopping them, but it's ridiculous. If they specialize in buying and depleting seller's stock (including writing scripts to do their buying), there's no way we (that specialize in mining or whatever else) have much chance to get hardware.

not sure about how easy it would be to script, but the last step in buying from blokforge had a captcha on it. I'm pretty sure the sole purpose of those is to stop people from scripting the pages.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:11:30 AM

not sure about how easy it would be to script, but the last step in buying from blokforge had a captcha on it. I'm pretty sure the sole purpose of those is to stop people from scripting the pages.
I wasn't talking in particular about blockforge (so I'm a little OOT here, sorry). I'm thinking across the board. Even with captcha, if for every miner there are 10 resellers trying to grab hardware it really sucks. If you look at ebay, some sellers post pictures of a wall full of S9s for sale. I'm wondering how big of an effect they are having in the current hardware shortage.
DPoS2

Activity: 189
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:07:12 AM

Bitcoin has already crashed back down to $13k..  if it dips under $8k the miner prices will crater like scrypt mining did 3 years ago

Learn the *Truth* about Big Company Mining Pools!!! Stop Giving Your Money Away!!!
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:37:03 AM

Bitcoin has already crashed back down to $13k..  if it dips under $8k the miner prices will crater like scrypt mining did 3 years ago

lol, BTFD.   
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:51:49 PM

As a nooby noob, I wouldn't mind if it went down for like a week or two, and washed out all the weak kneed types. Maybe equipment prices would get back down to normal. Meanwhile, it is what it is, the market is the market. I was willing to pay the juice, and I still had a heck of a time laying my hands on couple decent machines. You connected guys might not realize how hard it is for somebody with zero btc to get into the game in a non ridiculous way. (like buying 5k of btc on a credit caard at btc=20k is ridiculous and stupid) And sending large amounts of value with zero consumer protections takes quite a bit of getting used to. Back OT, hopefully these units shipping will clear the way for the higher T/hs Avalons. 11 is good, 16-18 is better, and there's supposed to be some higher T/hs models working thier way out to us.
Touchtom

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:55:17 PM

I've been waiting for the presale link lol.  Are they posting it like in this thread or what?

I think they said they will post a link here for the forum members to try and provide a couple to the Miners monitoring this page.

I just can't wrap my head around how Blokforge is going to sell 50 of them here to forum members. 

WOW!

Thank you again Blokforge for doing this. 

Yes yes, we could all hope for them to essentially give us half or all their miners to Forum members, but lets try and turn things back on topic. I do believe they set the number at 10, so that there is no confusion for people here unable to gleam the sarcasm/wishful thinking.

Has anyone got shipping notifications for their 741s? I know they have at least 50 orders, so I'm sure they're busy. Just curious how quick they're progressing.

I still haven't had any confirmation on shipping, but I never thought for a minute they would start to move on New
Year's day, lol. I'm guessing they will release their expected shipdate early next week.

Did yours ship? I was able to get one 741 during the sale but have not heard anything since.

I am normally a GPU miner but decided to give an ASIC a try and some how was able to get one.
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:11:25 AM

Yeah my 741's shipped out on Friday. I don't know if everyone's did, but you can log into your account and check on the status of your order.
If it has shipped they will have tracking numbers there. I also got an email, so maybe check your junk folder

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
tetradrachm

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:47:34 AM

lol, BTFD.   

Yeah, like I said earlier, I foresee a huge amount of used miners on ebay this summer from people trying to get their money back out of them.
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:42:50 AM

lol, BTFD.   

Yeah, like I said earlier, I foresee a huge amount of used miners on ebay this summer from people trying to get their money back out of them.

Doubtful, we're six months away and you're predicting $BTC will crash to nothing?   Ok dude.
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:00:18 AM

So I emailed Canaan to find out about mixing 741's and 821's. And it sounds to me like you need to run them on separate controllers.

They just said they run on different firmware.

I don't know much about how that all works but thought I would share.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Blokforge

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:13:59 AM

https://blokforge.com/product/avalon-741-shipping-1-1-1-15-forum-link/

4 left, btc, ltc, wire only.
Blokforge

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:25:55 AM

https://blokforge.com/product/avalon-821/

few are up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: