Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:51:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOKFORGE- Official Canaan Distributor  (Read 24514 times)
KCryptographyG

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:21:18 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 11:48:34 PM by frodocooper

Can I just say WTF are you talking about?  1 post and you know everything?  Perhaps you should read back through this thread and see what they have done, both for customers who bought 821's at a ridiculous price, for customers who bought 841's when they were released and then were surprised 2hrs later, and for customers who get consistent email offers from this distributor.

I have nothing but awe for the way they have treated me as a new customer buying my first Avalon in January.  They have consistently gone above and beyond - within their means.  Nowhere should a customer expect a seller to go out of business for them just because the customer perceives they know everything about a distributor and seller relationship.

Its just fascinating how some people think I guess....

I believe you must've misunderstood my comment, it's on me for a better explanation. Blokforge is a distributor for a product & should be compared to their peers. I know mining hardware is a tough business with sketchy alternatives. However, it's obvious it's transitioning to more reputable options. I want Blokforge to be part of that near future so we all don't just give up as smaller miners and let the big businesses completely control yet another market.

I didn't make it clear in the post, but I would never expect a price match for future batches or clearance sales, just between customer pre-orders prior to their initial delivery. Blokforge wouldn't have offered the $200 coupon if they would, "...go out of business..." because of it. They had to price match the European distributor(Cryptouniverse) since they were likely offered the same discount from Canaan. If you're fortunate like, NotFuzzyWarm and they've revised your order to be the same as or less than their latest promotion for the same batch, that's fantastic! But everyone has not had the same experience, and that easily leads to frustration. As an improvement I'd like for Blokforge to standardize the process, so every pre-order from the same batch receives the same deal and it's clearly communicated through the forums, e-mail, carrier pigeon, etc.

I'm glad you've have had a positive experience with Blokforge. But, I believe we all want to focus on making the most of our delivered hardware so we can make enough to buy more recent hardware. We don't want to be constantly monitoring my placed orders for the next deal. In that case I would join group buys, orders directly from manufacturers, etc. not buying from official distributors.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a nested quote.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS2

Activity: 189
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:32:46 PM

I'm glad you've have had a positive experience with Blokforge. But, I believe we all want to focus on making the most of our delivered hardware so we can make enough to buy more recent hardware. We don't want to be constantly monitoring my placed orders for the next deal. In that case I would join group buys, orders directly from manufacturers, etc. not buying from official distributors.

You are new to this game.. Blok is doing more good than all the the other sellers for the last 4 years combined

If you don't like presells, then just wait and buy what is shipping.

Learn the *Truth* about Big Company Mining Pools!!! Stop Giving Your Money Away!!!
ccgllc
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:46:01 PM

[And me.  Not even going to complain about the price drop on the Canaan site - because I can't afford 60 of them!

Ok, got a bit of sleep after an all-nighter.  Let me expand on this a bit:

I WANT BlokForge's prices to be a bit higher than Canaan's site.  Perhaps they get a distributor discount, perhaps significant, perhaps not, but they have to make a profit to stay in business.  Plus, by utilizing them I save the (admittedly small) hassles of working with Customs (Fed-Ex does 98% of that work for me), and they include shipping - something they paid for to get the units from China, and something they pay for to get the units to me.  Nothing is free, so its only expected their prices will be somewhat higher than whatever Canaan is advertising.

Need some coffee...  sorry if that is a bit garbled.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
fccs

Activity: 355
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:37:08 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 03:29:14 AM by fccs

Yea it boggles my mind how people can complain about prices from a DISTRIBUTOR of a item from overseas.  They need to get the inventory from a different country and charge more to make profit and offer customer service for state side transactions of these miners.  Something you won't really get from Canaan.  I have no issues dealing with blokforge.  Literally the best in this business.
ccgllc
Copper Member

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:04:44 PM

I'm just a little disappointed that Fed-Ex has not received the shipment yet.  The label was created on Monday with a Tuesday expected delivery to Fed-Ex, getting my gear here on Friday.  Guessing next week now.

Currently fantasizing about possible reasons why - like some last minute bonus from Canaan in reaction to yesterdays price drop from Bitmain.  Might as well think positive!

fccs

Activity: 355
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:21:22 AM

I'm just a little disappointed that Fed-Ex has not received the shipment yet.  The label was created on Monday with a Tuesday expected delivery to Fed-Ex, getting my gear here on Friday.  Guessing next week now.

Currently fantasizing about possible reasons why - like some last minute bonus from Canaan in reaction to yesterdays price drop from Bitmain.  Might as well think positive!

I mean they are shipping like more than 15 days well ahead of schedule so.. lol I wouldn't mind too much
ccgllc
Copper Member

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:43:07 AM

Just received the shipping notice from FedEx, Monday it is.

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:05:20 PM

Fed Ex is saying Tuesday, for Minnesota.....
Blokforge

Activity: 97
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 01:55:33 AM

841 vs S9 13.5 as we get that question alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMZSEV6H-_4
Cryptohasher76

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:00:21 AM

@Blokforge .... send y'all an email.  Im a bit confused on a few things.
ccgllc
Copper Member

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:17:12 AM

Great video!

Raises one question for me:  Is there a longevity issue with running at +1?  I have plenty of power, so that is not an issue for me.  Hash is, of course!

NCDiesel

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:06:50 PM

Just wanted to post a "thumbs-up" from a happy customer - fast shipping, great customer service, great email notifications, and very generous back porting of current discounts to prior purchases.   Thanks!!!   Smiley

My 4 new 841s can't come fast enough....

-------------------------------------
4 Avalon 841s
ccgllc
Copper Member

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:50:10 PM

Loved the video - but there is one small problem with the noise comparison:

With the Antminer, your test has the unit venting to the back, with the sound bouncing off the wall.

With the Avalon, your test has the unit venting into the room, with no sound bounce off that same wall.

Not that it matters, but it also twisted my mind a bit, making me confuse the front and back of the Avalon (since mine won't be delivered until Monday I didn't have any points of reference), since you show, and stack, the back of the Avalon to the front of the S9.  Your views also start at the back of the Avalon and work towards the front, apparently with the grate removed?

Blokforge

Activity: 97
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

Loved the video - but there is one small problem with the noise comparison:

With the Antminer, your test has the unit venting to the back, with the sound bouncing off the wall.

With the Avalon, your test has the unit venting into the room, with no sound bounce off that same wall.

Not that it matters, but it also twisted my mind a bit, making me confuse the front and back of the Avalon (since mine won't be delivered until Monday I didn't have any points of reference), since you show, and stack, the back of the Avalon to the front of the S9.  Your views also start at the back of the Avalon and work towards the front, apparently with the grate removed?

You are right, we didnt catch that for possibly affecting the db rating.  Curious if it makes a difference, will probably play with that later.
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:10:01 AM

You guys ROCK, I can't say it enough.  841's arrived, working on install now.  And the present inside one of them was awesome!

Thanks again!  Can't wait to do more business with you guys.

BlokForgeAz

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 11:18:47 PM

You guys ROCK, I can't say it enough.  841's arrived, working on install now.  And the present inside one of them was awesome!

Thanks again!  Can't wait to do more business with you guys.

Nice!! Glad you enjoyed the little gift  Wink. If you need anything else you know where to reach us.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:33:30 PM

Got my first 841 delivered today, and I've got to say: Everything looks Great!!! Shipping was hassle free, and everything was packaged nicely. Blokforge did an awesome job with emails regarding delivery, every step of the way. Big thanx to Blokforge!!!

Looking forward to the next delivery in about a week!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
lossol

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:01:24 PM

@Blokforge
I got my 841 today, but all I got inside was a cable. No present and no Auc3. Am I missing something or do I have to buy an auc3 too? Canaan is really nickel and diming us if they took away the aucs from the miners. They came with the 741s. I know the avalons are suppose to be more reliable, but having to buy controllers and aucs pushes the pricing on the 841s to double the price of the available S9s.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:15:43 PM

Over a month ago Canaan announced in the Forum that the AUC3 dongles are now sold separately. That is also clearly stated in the sales copy on all of their distributors websites. Bit of a PITA I agree but considering each dongle runs 5 miners it does make sense. I've been lucky and still had a few spare AUC's from buying my 721/741's last year.

What I *would* like to see included with each AUC is a USB-A to micro-USB data cable. A lot of times folks find that cables they have on-hand are actually charger/power cables that do not support data transfer. Ran into that last night when hooking up my new miners...

As for the controllers, aside from needing one per type (A721, 741, 821, 841) each controller will run up to 20 miners so is not that big of a deal when you have several miners...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
ccgllc
Copper Member

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:15:08 PM

Over a month ago Canaan announced in the Forum that the AUC3 dongles are now sold separately. That is also clearly stated in the sales copy on all of their distributors websites. Bit of a PITA I agree but considering each dongle runs 5 miners it does make sense. I've been lucky and still had a few spare AUC's from buying my 721/741's last year.

What I *would* like to see included with each AUC is a USB-A to micro-USB data cable. A lot of times folks find that cables they have on-hand are actually charger/power cables that do not support data transfer. Ran into that last night when hooking up my new miners...

As for the controllers, aside from needing one per type (A721, 741, 821, 841) each controller will run up to 20 miners so is not that big of a deal when you have several miners...

Minor corrections:  You can run 821s and 841s together on the same controller.  Did that for a day while I figured out my Pi 1 issue.  The firmware is the same for both.

Also, some distributors are packaging things differently than Blokforge.  CryptoUniverse (mostly European but ships internationally) includes an AUC3 and the USB-A to micro-USB data cable with their 841 sales (https://www.cryptouniverse.at/shop/avalonminer-841/), but does not including shipping in their price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: