Bitcoin Forum
October 23, 2017, 03:42:42 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1042335 times)
grimholt
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 104



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:46:50 PM
 #481

Could you please provide some information on the estimated time frame of things? I feel this is very essential to establishing the potential of Labcoin. If your chip is indeed set to being completed Q4, this is around the same time ACTM releases it's 28nm chips (which are vastly superior), and thus making this venture a lot less attractive.

TIME FRAME:

Is your 130nm chip set to being finished in Q4 2013? If so, do you plan on rolling out mining hardware from other manufacturers in the mean time (as ACTM is doing)?



YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
1508773362
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508773362

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508773362
Reply with quote  #2

1508773362
Report to moderator
1508773362
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508773362

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508773362
Reply with quote  #2

1508773362
Report to moderator
1508773362
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508773362

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508773362
Reply with quote  #2

1508773362
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1508773362
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508773362

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508773362
Reply with quote  #2

1508773362
Report to moderator
VinceSamios
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 448


View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:47:01 PM
 #482

Just do the normal IPO, highest bids first.
Then the IPO fund will exceed to 7000 btc, return the extra as dividend.
This.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about a company that doesn't know what to do with extra money. Is there no place the extra funds could be put to work?

This is not our concern. The concern is 100% to ensure that the IPO is fair. Simply releasing the asset unannounced at this point could leave several investors feeling exceptionally mishandled paying far above IPO price for their shares. And even though I realize that it is 'market pricing' and no one is forcing anyone to bid over IPO price I am not willing to make this decision myself at this point.

People who are bidding have made this decision for you.... they want to pay more... wheres the discussion to be had? Just give 24 hours notice and be done with it already.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
aahzmundus
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644


Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io


View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:47:58 PM
 #483

Let free market decide on price... 24 hours after asset opens return any profits >.001 as dividend.  This is the best way...

Some people like me have waited to put in a bid.  Why only let people that were awake a few hours ago have their bids be valid?

Ytterbium
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 238



View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:48:10 PM
 #484

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about a company that doesn't know what to do with extra money. Is there no place the extra funds could be put to work?

Why?  You have a plan that calls for doing X, Y and Z, which cost $X, $Y and $Z.  Any extra money would mean changing your plans, and potentially not being as profitable as they would hope.

In the real world taking more money then you need may be bad for investors.

foxykah
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 126



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:48:52 PM
 #485

Just do the normal IPO, highest bids first.
Then the IPO fund will exceed to 7000 btc, return the extra as dividend.
This.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about a company that doesn't know what to do with extra money. Is there no place the extra funds could be put to work?

This is not our concern. The concern is 100% to ensure that the IPO is fair. Simply releasing the asset unannounced at this point could leave several investors feeling exceptionally mishandled paying far above IPO price for their shares. And even though I realize that it is 'market pricing' and no one is forcing anyone to bid over IPO price I am not willing to make this decision myself at this point.

People who are bidding have made this decision for you.... they want to pay more... wheres the discussion to be had? Just give 24 hours notice and be done with it already.

the goal of an IPO is to raise a specific amount of BTC AND provide the opportunity of those interested in investing to buy shares AT IPO price, not above.

Good things come to those who wait.
zy02264
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 116



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:49:50 PM
 #486

I do not predict this being a problem. At least not on any 'scale' as creating a bunch of sock-puppet accounts 'just in case' seems like quite an undertaking when no solution has been posted yet. Then again, I also didn't predict the asset to be approved in 7 hours or with this interest so maybe I should just stop predicting things...  Sad

Here is what I'd do in your situation:

1) Reset all bids > 0.001 to 0.001
2) Set a cap on the number of shares each person can get
3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

Personally I have to say that I quite like this solution. I will still wait until I can get guidance by Burnside before we make any decision. As previously stated, I just don't feel confident in taking any action by myself.

Higher bid should be filled first, this maybe not perfect, but its efficiency was approved by real stock market in real life.

Your solution seems fair. But you know what, there gonna be a lot new accounts being registered in next few hours, at least I am going to do so.

I know you are trying to do it fairly. But please keep the basic logic of free market in mind. Other idea without think about it only lead to more loopholes.
Bitcycle
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 420


View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:50:21 PM
 #487

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about a company that doesn't know what to do with extra money. Is there no place the extra funds could be put to work?

Why?  You have a plan that calls for doing X, Y and Z, which cost $X, $Y and $Z.  Any extra money would mean changing your plans, and potentially not being as profitable as they would hope.

In the real world taking more money then you need may be bad for investors.

If they aren't capable of altering their plans successfully when circumstances dictate, they're going to fail.
VinceSamios
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 448


View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:50:49 PM
 #488

Just do the normal IPO, highest bids first.
Then the IPO fund will exceed to 7000 btc, return the extra as dividend.
This.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about a company that doesn't know what to do with extra money. Is there no place the extra funds could be put to work?

This is not our concern. The concern is 100% to ensure that the IPO is fair. Simply releasing the asset unannounced at this point could leave several investors feeling exceptionally mishandled paying far above IPO price for their shares. And even though I realize that it is 'market pricing' and no one is forcing anyone to bid over IPO price I am not willing to make this decision myself at this point.

People who are bidding have made this decision for you.... they want to pay more... wheres the discussion to be had? Just give 24 hours notice and be done with it already.

the goal of an IPO is to raise a specific amount of BTC AND provide the opportunity of those interested in investing to buy shares AT IPO price, not above.

"not above" is not appended to the goal of an IPO - the goal of an IPO is to raise a specific amount of BTC and provide the opportunity for people to invest. end of... extra funds raised for the same number of shares issued is good for ALL shareholders.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
TheSwede75
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:51:25 PM
 #489

Could you please provide some information on the estimated time frame of things? I feel this is very essential to establishing the potential of Labcoin. If your chip is indeed set to being completed Q4, this is around the same time ACTM releases it's 28nm chips (which are vastly superior), and thus making this venture a lot less attractive.

TIME FRAME:

Is your 130nm chip set to being finished in Q4 2013? If so, do you plan on rolling out mining hardware from other manufacturers in the mean time (as ACTM is doing)?



I am leaving a lot of this up to the development and management team to answer. I can however say that we are planning on first-run 'instantly' after IPO is closed and chip production immediately after. We are aware of ACTM's plans for 28 nm and even if they hit target plans (based on the available information on their chip pricing etc) we believe we will be more than competitive due to the vastly cheaper chip production we can offer.
foxykah
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 126



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:51:57 PM
 #490

I do not predict this being a problem. At least not on any 'scale' as creating a bunch of sock-puppet accounts 'just in case' seems like quite an undertaking when no solution has been posted yet. Then again, I also didn't predict the asset to be approved in 7 hours or with this interest so maybe I should just stop predicting things...  Sad

Here is what I'd do in your situation:

1) Reset all bids > 0.001 to 0.001
2) Set a cap on the number of shares each person can get
3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

Personally I have to say that I quite like this solution. I will still wait until I can get guidance by Burnside before we make any decision. As previously stated, I just don't feel confident in taking any action by myself.

Higher bid should be filled first, this maybe not perfect, but its efficiency was approved by real stock market in real life.

Your solution seems fair. But you know what, there gonna be a lot new accounts being registered in next few hours, at least I am going to do so.

I know you are trying to do it fairly. But please keep the basic logic of free market in mind. Other idea without think about it only lead to more loopholes.

timestamps. timestamps everywhere. only accounts registered before the time the "Do not move your bids" post was made should get shares.

Good things come to those who wait.
boyohi
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 182


View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:52:01 PM
 #491

I vote for the free market deciding.
Ytterbium
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 238



View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:52:03 PM
 #492

Higher bid should be filled first, this maybe not perfect, but its efficiency was approved by real stock market in real life.

Your solution seems fair. But you know what, there gonna be a lot new accounts being registered in next few hours, at least I am going to do so.

I know you are trying to do it fairly. But please keep the basic logic of free market in mind. Other idea without think about it only lead to more loopholes.

They are going to look at the timestamps of the bids as well. Extra bids that came in late may not get the same precedence.

TheSwede75
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:53:16 PM
 #493

Update: I will wait until Ethan Burnside can weight in and to not further speculation I will not be commenting on action plan or IPO release until a time when I have talked to Burnside. This should happen soon. I hope everyone understands.
foxykah
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 126



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:54:06 PM
 #494

Update: I will wait until Ethan Burnside can weight in and to not further speculation I will not be commenting on action plan or IPO release until a time when I have talked to Burnside. This should happen soon. I hope everyone understands.

+1

Good things come to those who wait.
VinceSamios
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 448


View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:54:10 PM
 #495

Could you please provide some information on the estimated time frame of things? I feel this is very essential to establishing the potential of Labcoin. If your chip is indeed set to being completed Q4, this is around the same time ACTM releases it's 28nm chips (which are vastly superior), and thus making this venture a lot less attractive.

TIME FRAME:

Is your 130nm chip set to being finished in Q4 2013? If so, do you plan on rolling out mining hardware from other manufacturers in the mean time (as ACTM is doing)?



I am leaving a lot of this up to the development and management team to answer. I can however say that we are planning on first-run 'instantly' after IPO is closed and chip production immediately after. We are aware of ACTM's plans for 28 nm and even if they hit target plans (based on the available information on their chip pricing etc) we believe we will be more than competitive due to the vastly cheaper chip production we can offer.

Save $5 making a chip - spend $500 on extra power consumption over the following year.

Good plan boss.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
hf
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98


there will be no fucking vegetables


View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:54:37 PM
 #496

All this fuss is too frustrating. I removed my bids and bought some cheap activemining shares to profit from dividend day.
foxykah
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 126



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:55:43 PM
 #497

Could you please provide some information on the estimated time frame of things? I feel this is very essential to establishing the potential of Labcoin. If your chip is indeed set to being completed Q4, this is around the same time ACTM releases it's 28nm chips (which are vastly superior), and thus making this venture a lot less attractive.

TIME FRAME:

Is your 130nm chip set to being finished in Q4 2013? If so, do you plan on rolling out mining hardware from other manufacturers in the mean time (as ACTM is doing)?



I am leaving a lot of this up to the development and management team to answer. I can however say that we are planning on first-run 'instantly' after IPO is closed and chip production immediately after. We are aware of ACTM's plans for 28 nm and even if they hit target plans (based on the available information on their chip pricing etc) we believe we will be more than competitive due to the vastly cheaper chip production we can offer.

Save $5 making a chip - spend $500 on extra power consumption over the following year.

Good plan boss.

nobody forces you to invest in this asset. They made the decision to go 130nm, end of the line. You can now decide to invest, or not to invest.

Good things come to those who wait.
VinceSamios
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 448


View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:55:47 PM
 #498

All this fuss is too frustrating. I removed my bids and bought some cheap activemining shares to profit from dividend day.

+1 for being smarter than 99% of others in this thread.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
bobboooiie
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 657



View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:57:37 PM
 #499

The only optimal solution that will piss the least people seems to be : Wipe the order book , Let people bid 1hour before the you release shares , everything above 0.001 will be paid as a dividend next day (or whenever this will be good idea to pay)
VinceSamios
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 448


View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:59:04 PM
 #500

The only optimal solution that will piss the least people seems to be : Wipe the order book , Let people bid 1hour before the you release shares , everything above 0.001 will be paid as a dividend next day (or whenever this will be good idea to pay)

Wiping someones order will piss them off.... not everyone is paying super close attention to the drama in this thread.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 914 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!