Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45696 times)
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:28:29 PM

Didn't realize the community had to order $14million worth of
chips to get some actual customer service and maybe a long overdue update.

After 16 weeks, I dont need any bflsque in two weeks™ update!

I WANT MY CHIPS NOW!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 02:40:15 PM

When i think about how normal companies would treat customers that invested hundreds of thousands of dollars... its funny to compare...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:43:38 PM

When i think about how normal companies would treat customers that invested hundreds of thousands of dollars... its funny to compare...

Seriously, the minute a company with real business practices, decent customer service, and a shipping product shows up all the current vendors are in trouble.
Vilela

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:12:38 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lamfegONUY1qa5ff2o1_500.gif
(ibminer: had to fix the img post, fits the subject so well Cheesy)
Galli

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:06:09 PM

It's time to start considering organizing a class action lawsuit against these dipshits.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:29:00 PM

It's time to start considering organizing a class action lawsuit against these dipshits.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Yifu turned out to be a pile of shit Sad

Sadly, new money really does change some people for the worse. He's a young kid. Maybe he'll learn some humility and professionalism when he grows up a bit more.
kernel_panic

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:13:17 PM

No, no we ship now give 2 week ok ?

Joking aside, all intrested parties should start considering this option.
I am not sure though how it would apply to persons outside the US. I'm guessing that it would not matter but i'm not a lawyer.

Another user from this forum also makes a valid point on this issue (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264224.msg2831138#msg2831138):
This thread shows people's greedy and selfish clearly.
Do you really think Avalon team is holding back the chips?
As I know the capacity of TSMC is very limited. Maybe the delay of chips are caused by TSMC or assembly factory.

well, here is the deal. you send money to somebody and we both accept the conditions. you side is pay in time, his side is deliver article in time (time is specified in deal).

and avalon not fulfill his side of deal. it doesn't matter if it caused by 3rd party vendor (TSMC) or anything else. zero fucks given. they simply breach mutual agreement. please stop advocate somebody, how is breaching deals and use words as greed and selfish. it is not about this human attributes..(or maybe yes, on avalon side)

next part (very frustrating) is lack of communications from avalon side. once they breach deal, they should communicate on daily basis and push update to their customers every day + send few free chips as compensation of delay. this is how business works in Europe. maybe scammers from chinese basement don't know it.

rsbriggs

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:02:28 PM

Avalon is US company incorporating in Nevada.  Sending papers to registered agent.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:14:14 PM

Sadly, new money really does change some people for the worse. He's a young kid. Maybe he'll learn some humility and professionalism when he grows up a bit more.

Not sure if he ever had to work for his own money...

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:25:10 PM

I am not sure though how it would apply to persons outside the US. I'm guessing that it would not matter but i'm not a lawyer.

Serious question though: even if you won a lawsuit, how exactly would you collect if his assets are in BTC? The fact that BTC can't be seized or frozen or in any other way controlled by the government is a key selling point.

AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:06:29 PM

Serious question though: even if you won a lawsuit, how exactly would you collect if his assets are in BTC? The fact that BTC can't be seized or frozen or in any other way controlled by the government is a key selling point.

Lawsuits, for the most part, are rarely, if ever, about retrieving all assets.  There's usually an ulterior motive beyond asset retrieval and are the result of a beyond-than-pissed-off customers.

I'd highly doubt if it went as far as a lawsuit the primary objective would be asset retrieval.  Even if all BTC assets were retrieved they are less than 50% of the investment in making anything out of the chips.  This fact, alone, indicates a lawsuit's primary objective would not be asset retrieval.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:04:06 PM

You all keep using BTC as a payment system you'll keep getting burned.  What kind of a brain deficiency does it take to send multiple 100K of non refundable, non traceable, anonymous crypto currency, and of all places to China and hope it will all be ok. 
ROFL 
BTC is a poor online payment system and especially so for anything delayed because eventually any operation will become if not an outright fraud then a basically a not what you ordered or when you wanted it since there will always come a point where 95% of BTC received is more profitable to fuck around with then the 5% profit margin of any business.

Stack

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:01:47 AM

You all keep using BTC as a payment system you'll keep getting burned.  What kind of a brain deficiency does it take to send multiple 100K of non refundable, non traceable, anonymous crypto currency, and of all places to China and hope it will all be ok. 
ROFL 
BTC is a poor online payment system and especially so for anything delayed because eventually any operation will become if not an outright fraud then a basically a not what you ordered or when you wanted it since there will always come a point where 95% of BTC received is more profitable to fuck around with then the 5% profit margin of any business.

Why are you here then?

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 01:25:09 AM

You all keep using BTC as a payment system you'll keep getting burned.  What kind of a brain deficiency does it take to send multiple 100K of non refundable, non traceable, anonymous crypto currency, and of all places to China and hope it will all be ok.  
ROFL  

Why are you here then?

Agreed, it's stupid.  The only reason bitcoin has any value is that it can be used as a payment system. Of course, for very small transactions that you don't mind losing out on, it's much better then CCs/Paypal.

Plus, people in the bitcoin mining business are likely to have a lot of bitcoin sitting around, and it's much easier to just use send it directly as opposed to selling it on an exchange, waiting for the cash, and then doing a traditional transaction along with all the fees and costs.

What's needed are 3rd party systems built on top of bitcoin that handle things like refunds.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:26:44 AM

BitPay?
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:58:28 AM

Asset Retrieval is not entirely out of the question. Namely one if you file a civil suit claiming fraud (criminal) you can go after this guys personal assets and the corporate veil would be made meaningless. From what I understand a criminal act (in this case fraud) would in sense lift any protections an LLC would provide to the members.
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:03:10 AM

* ionstorm hits the panic button.

Were screwed.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:07:38 AM

Hey, you can't really blamed Yifu, because he is not the main suckers who sell you these Asic Chip, those guys who did the group buy who enticed you into buying these shitty asic chips.

Next Time Don't do group buy.
Gatekeeper

Activity: 358

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:08:27 AM

from the speculation thread, published by wall street journal online, maybe make you guys feel better?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323997004578644491403250124.html
not sure how to get full article, i just copied and pasted from the observer thread in speculation

Joe Lewis, a billionaire foreign-exchange trader who teamed up with hedge-fund manager George Soros in 1992 to bet against the Bank of England, is the latest high-profile financier to throw his weight behind the virtual currency called bitcoin.

Mr. Lewis leads the Phoenix Fund, a Zurich-based private-equity fund that on Tuesday plans to invest $200 million in Avalon, a company that makes computer servers aimed at creating bitcoins, according to people familiar with the situation.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that exists online and isn't backed by any government or central bank. Bitcoins were invented in 2008 by a computer programmer who goes by the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto, who describes it as a peer-to-peer electronic cash system.

Joe Lewis's Phoenix Fund is investing in a bitcoin company.

The Phoenix Fund's investment in Avalon reflects the growing popularity of virtual currencies, which are also coming under scrutiny from regulators. Other bitcoin enthusiasts include Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, who are best known for their role in the creation of Facebook Inc. FB +1.50% They have proposed an exchange-traded fund that is tied to bitcoins.

Bitcoins are created through a process called mining, in which computers solve complex mathematical algorithms to earn the bitcoins. The total number of bitcoins that can be mined is limited to 21 million. There are now about 11.5 million bitcoins in circulation, according to Blockchain, a website that monitors bitcoin transactions.

The Phoenix deal will also involve Taiwanese microchip maker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., 2330.TW +0.50% which is set to supply the state-of-the-art microchips that will power the hardware.

The Phoenix Fund was set up this year to invest in bitcoin mining-hardware companies. It looked at several of Avalon's rivals in the sector, including Butterfly Labs and KnCMiner but decided against investing, according to a person familiar with the private-equity firm's strategy.

Investors in the Phoenix Fund, which includes a small number of individuals who made their fortunes in currency trading, believe that the currency will become more stable and popular if more parties are involved in the mining process, this person said.

Mr. Lewis moved into currency trading in the 1980s and 1990s. In September 1992, Mr. Lewis teamed up with Mr. Soros to bet on sterling crashing out of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, an event that was later named "Black Wednesday." Mr. Lewis didn't respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Lewis had big losses investing in U.S. brokerage firm Bear Stearns Cos, in which he began amassing a stake during 2007, The Wall Street Journal reported at the time.

Mr. Lewis is the main investor in an unlisted company called Tavistock Group, which has investments in more than 200 companies across the globe.

Tavistock Group includes ENIC Group, which has a Bahamas-registered subsidiary called ENIC International Ltd., through which Mr. Lewis owns 85% of the shares in U.K. soccer club Tottenham Hotspur.

The Phoenix Fund is independent of Tavistock.

The bitcoin deal was put together by Andrew Laurus, a former government-bonds salesman at Lehman Brothers who is also an investor in the fund. Avalon was set up by Yifu Guo, a pioneer in the bitcoin-mining industry. He was part of the team that developed the first ASIC bitcoin mining hardware. ASIC stands for application-specific integrated circuit, a type of custom-designed microchip. Mr. Guo couldn't be reached for comment.

Separately, Coinflash, a company that planned to set up kiosks for bitcoin enthusiasts to buy the virtual currency, is shutting down before it even opened its doors. "Due to an unforeseen change in our personal circumstances, we've made the difficult decision to suspend Coinflash's services indefinitely," the San Diego-based company said in an email statement.

Coinflash was established earlier this year and had planned to open the bitcoin kiosks in California and New York this summer.

As part of the deal, Avalon will gain access to TSMC microchips based on 20-nanometer processes, which are much faster than other chips. TSMC recently won a contract to supply chips to Apple. The increased processing power should give Avalon an edge in solving the algorithms that control the supply of bitcoins.

(1470) <KLYE> But I was far too drunk to fuck a midget
(1470) <KLYE> I will fuck a chicken for 250 btc
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:09:51 AM

Psst... where are the chips?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: