Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45696 times)
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:24:51 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 02:41:30 AM by pajak666

Pirateat40 got charged, there is no real reason to make sth similar happen again.
Courts and anti fraud organizations seem to be aware of Bitcoin.
For court it is quite regular case: some guys invented something, showed working units and even delivered some of them, took shitload of preorders for next batches and runaway with money. This is quite regular case except payment was done in bitcoins.
We should set a new standard in Bitcoin mining industry, and make aware each hardware manufacture that this is no kinder garden no more.

And about those who are mummbling sth about not suing BFL:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
The time has come.
And lol since it wasn't hard to collect few millions of bucks to order hardware from them it shouldn't be hard to collect few thousands to start things getting more serious.

P.S. Please don't forget that 95% it is confirmed that thay had those chips but decided to push them somewhere else
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:51:14 AM

Reply on Reddit:
[-] lnaba 0 points 25 minutes ago

I fucking told you fucking fucks. Avalon is shit and we're shipping as many as 3 jalapenos per week. Fuck you if you want any more information we don't owe you shitheads anything...by the way there's been another delay FUCK YOU

Haha, probably not the bitcointalk Inaba, naturally, but damn, quite the parody Tongue

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:53:11 AM

Reply on Reddit:

I fucking told you fucking fucks. Avalon is shit and we're shipping as many as 3 jalapenos per week. Fuck you if you want any more information we don't owe you shitheads anything...by the way there's been another delay FUCK YOU

Haha, probably not the bitcointalk Inaba, naturally, but damn, quite the parody Tongue

LMAO
You know, he's so low, that it's becoming harder and harder to tell anymore lol Cheesy

ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:54:10 AM

Reply on Reddit:

Well I got a Jally and a 25gh/s miner coming, probably before these chips ship, I bought DIY asic chips BECAUSE of BFL being fuckups, but its ironic that BFL may be right about beating Avalon
AstroBoy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:59:12 AM

So the pictures of the boxes are dated July 9th.  That means its been almost 4 weeks since the chips showed up.  Are they testing them first before shipping?  Or are they just re-addressing the boxes and shipping them to customers?

If they are trying to test 2.1 million ASIC chips with a small crew then I can understand the delay... What I can't understand is why the BTC is still in the account and hasn't been used to hire additional people.  My best guess is that they've been paid and aren't in any hurry to get the chips out now.

I guess the best way to know is ask ourselves if the contract is for 10,000 working&tested chips or 10,000 chips direct from the fab.  

Another possibility is they are still building Batch 3 machines and won't send out the raw chips until all Batch 3 machines have been delivered?
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 02:59:34 AM

Pirateat40 got charged, there is no real reason to make sth similar happen again.

Yeah, but Pirateat40 was doing a fairly specific scam, a Ponzi scheme.  In order to see Bitsyncom charged with a crime they'd have to be breaking a specific law. If Bitsyncom took money and didn't even order chips from the fab, then you'd have a clear case of fraud.

On the other hand if they have chips and are just not shipping them in a timely manner for some reason I doubt you'd see criminal charges.

On the other hand, if the agreement on their website counted as a "contract" then you could sue them for breach of contract, and maybe get a judgement for the purchase price back. But good luck collecting.

Anenome5

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:03:31 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 03:16:30 AM by Anenome5

P.S. Please don't forget that 95% it is confirmed that thay had those chips but decided to push them somewhere else
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/
Damn, so they gave these guys 375,000 chips???

...Wait, 135 boxes?!?!?!? They shipped these guys 2 million chips!

That's incredibly unethical unless they ordered the whole run first, but then who is there to check on them. But why this company? Why do it? Why piss off everyone else with chip orders by delaying everyone else's chips into a 2nd production run? Which is apparently what's happened.

Maybe this company told Yifu they'd buy 2 million chips if they got first shipment? Backroom deal.

Backroom deal, where Bitsyncom took a bribe in order to give priority shipping to these guys? Low, very low.

At least these are relatively crap technology compared to what's coming online. If Avalon had been selling KNC  or Bitfury chips, the industry would be virtually ruined.

Btw, $14.7 million in Avalon chips, that's worth like ~1.47% of the value of all bitcoin.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:06:30 AM

If they are trying to test 2.1 million ASIC chips with a small crew then I can understand the delay... What I can't understand is why the BTC is still in the account and hasn't been used to hire additional people.  My best guess is that they've been paid and aren't in any hurry to get the chips out now.

I guess the best way to know is ask ourselves if the contract is for 10,000 working&tested chips or 10,000 chips direct from the fab.  

The webstore for chip sales said the chips would be working/tested.

The no bullshit, no fine print terms of sale

• the only payment accepted is Bitcoin.
  • these chips will be available until at least end of the year, 2013.
  • spec and various information is available on the wiki
  • the chips being sold are packaged and tested.
  • the lead time on the chips is 9 to 10 weeks,
  • made to order from TSMC foundry, this also means no refunds.
  • the order quantity is 10,000 chips.
  • the chips are identical to those in the Avalon units.
  • communication protocol, reference board design can be found on github.
  • everything will be open source from FPGA to PCB design.
  • 30 sample chips will be provided 4 weeks into ordering per 10,000 chips.
  • we do not offer technical support of any kind, this is final.
if you do not know what to do with the reference design / packaged chips, please do not purchase.
BitCsByBit

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:11:37 AM

i think Yifu - Bitsyncom cant deliver the chips, because they have no chips Sad

+1
This is the payment address for chip orders: https://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU
It currently has a balance of 75,779.8 BTC with no withdrawals.
So doesn't it look like they haven't paid TSMC for chip production?

Yifu doesnt have to pay much for the chipproduction. They earned enough money from the miners before so they dont need to use the money from that address.

VICE: This is an obvious question, but why aren’t you mining your own chips?

Yifu: Like I said, the current reality is vastly different from what we originally had planned. We always figured we would be late to the party. Butterfly Labs and bASIC (another ASIC developer that ultimately failed to launch) were supposed to launch in succession. But due to various complications and delays, it didn’t work out that way.

If they had delivered on their promises, they would have shipped months before our first batch. We wanted to start selling chips so people could make their own units, providing a hedge from a single entity becoming too powerful, and then move onto a new project. That was our main goal. We wanted to prevent this potential monopoly. As it turned out, we became the monopoly we tried to prevent.

VICE: You aren’t doing any mining at all?

Yifu: Nope. Fun fact: none of the Avalon team have their own mining units (outside of test units).

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/engineering-the-bitcoin-gold-rush-an-interview-with-yifu-guo-creator-of-the-first-asic-based-miner#ixzz2bJSc9dJX

Yifu saying they estimated how much money they are loosing while travelling and not using the miner during the conference - from 1:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD237oF7cCo

I guess that clashes with his statement that they don't mine!!!

Also, Yifu talking about pre-orders and meeting the deadlines from - from 4:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 03:30:14 AM

The webstore for chip sales said the chips would be working/tested.

Interesting.  Presumably some % is defective. Since the chips are connected serially, one bad chip could mess up a whole board, so testing is probably pretty critical.

On the other hand I'm sure purchasers would probably prefer getting untested chips at this rate.

That said, 2.1 million chips would be 720Th/s.  More then twice the entire current hash rate. Enough to boost the difficulty of the network to 100.

So obviously most of these chips are not in production at this point.

Yifu saying they estimated how much money they are loosing while travelling and not using the miner during the conference - from 1:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD237oF7cCo

I guess that clashes with his statement that they don't mine!!!

Also, Yifu talking about pre-orders and meeting the deadlines from - from 4:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA

They changed their policy after B2, it was in their email newsletter.

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:58:33 AM

I think the overall lesson here is leave long term investing to investors and buying to stuff shipping in days not months especially with BTC.  If there's profit to be made developing a product money will be found for it's development.  The grand thread through this entire forum if reading it far back in time is "if only I would've just hanged on to that BTC I'd be way ahead"  I don't think that will change going forward.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:24:33 AM

I think the overall lesson here is leave long term investing to investors and buying to stuff shipping in days not months especially with BTC.  If there's profit to be made developing a product money will be found for it's development.  The grand thread through this entire forum if reading it far back in time is "if only I would've just hanged on to that BTC I'd be way ahead"  I don't think that will change going forward.

Not really true for Avalon B1/B2, if people actually got their units.  Definitely true of BFL orders before BTC went up to $100, though.

ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:51:40 AM

looks like our persistence is about to pay off:
the "i'm not dead thread."

Just got off the plane, expect lots of news tomorrow.

Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:51:57 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.0

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
MilkyLep

Activity: 583

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:12:49 AM

What kind of post is that?

Seriously, you can't take 30 fucking seconds to elaborate on the situation...at least if there were a death somewhere in Bitsyncom it'd be some reflection of an excuse.

Impending news of news, great.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:06:37 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 07:09:11 AM by Bitcoinorama

Obviously he or other members of Bitsyncom must have taken some of the discontent seriously here, same as when he was woken in the middle of the night before.

In either case something worked and it looks like you'll have an answer tomorrow, hopefully good news...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:08:00 AM

it took a relentless and constant update of this thread (plus the interpol stuff) to get his attention.  well done, it will be an interesting day to say the least.
cryptocoinsnews

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:08:12 AM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/08/08/14000000-in-avalon-chips-missing/

/David Parker, Director of CCN
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:10:40 AM

Pointless article, Yufi posted on the forum here a few hours ago.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:29:26 AM

Yifu, please allow me to change shipping address of my batch of 10,000 chips.

That way, I can sell it to someone else without the need for escrow, as you or the website can confirm the change of shipping address.

Who wants to buy 10k chips? Ordered and paid last week of June. About 6 ~ 7 weeks ago. Fine, so they'll be late, but you still get them earlier than if you buy today.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: