Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45696 times)
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:37:33 AM

Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.

It's strange how $75k order does not even get you a phone number and personal account manager on Avalon's side, isn't it...

I think what's going on right now is that they have realized that they will be unable to maintain their "leader" position in ASIC development and they are trying to milk the network as much as they can delaying the shipments knowing that they will effectively decrease their network share.

And I for one hope that K&C and bitfury devices start shipping on time so then both Avalon and BFL will never ever get another customer.

Question?   How would they "milk" the network by not delivering chips that have already been paid for?

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nightengale (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:46:32 AM

If Avalon is mining right now, it would diminish their returns to ship out large sums of ASIC power. BFL is trickling, and ASICminer is overpriced and not making too much of an impact outside of their internal operations. There are a number of decent projects on the horizon such as BitFury, KnC and others -- if Avalon is mining they can maximize their return by postponing shipment of their chips for as long as possible... Correct me if I'm wrong?
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:15:16 AM

If Avalon is mining right now, it would diminish their returns to ship out large sums of ASIC power. BFL is trickling, and ASICminer is overpriced and not making too much of an impact outside of their internal operations. There are a number of decent projects on the horizon such as BitFury, KnC and others -- if Avalon is mining they can maximize their return by postponing shipment of their chips for as long as possible... Correct me if I'm wrong?

Well, Yifu did say during the conference that at one point in the past, they had a choice of making "$3million the next month" by mining or making "a lot less" by building units (perhaps in reference to Batch #1).   So it's entirely possible.

It's unknown how much they're actually able to make on this chip deal with TSMC.  To even get TSMC's attention is tough enough already, not to mention they don't have the clout of Apple/HTC in negotiating prices.  So if they are indeed mining, delaying the deluge of chips could help them maximize current mining operations to build a big enough warchest for Gen 2 design/production.  It's not like KNCMiner or BitFury can immediately take over the market and completely shut Avalon out, so they've got the community by the marbles right now.  Even if they delay an extra X weeks (or more) and then ship, the PR damage will be quite heavy (as each day goes by Yifu's phone will be ringing off the hook), but it might be somewhat recoverable once people receive them. 
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:22:47 AM

Well, Yifu did say during the conference that at one point in the past, they had a choice of making "$3million the next month" by mining or making "a lot less" by building units (perhaps in reference to Batch #1).   So it's entirely possible.

It's unknown how much they're actually able to make on this chip deal with TSMC.  To even get TSMC's attention is tough enough already, not to mention they don't have the clout of Apple/HTC in negotiating prices.  So if they are indeed mining, delaying the deluge of chips could help them maximize current mining operations to build a big enough warchest for Gen 2 design/production.  It's not like KNCMiner or BitFury can immediately take over the market and completely shut Avalon out, so they've got the community by the marbles right now.  Even if they delay an extra X weeks (or more) and then ship, the PR damage will be quite heavy (as each day goes by Yifu's phone will be ringing off the hook), but it might be somewhat recoverable once people receive them. 
They would have to get 1,000BTC per day to make $3mill in a month, are they ASICminer?

bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:10:33 AM

Sad , sorry to say.... you guys are fucked!
Anyone who bought Butterfly Labs or Avalon, except for the lucky few, are shit out of luck, and fucked big time!
They RIPPED YOU OFF!

Why do people continue to act like sheep, after they have been sheered?
That is the  situation because people are brainwashed and in a trance.
Mindless controlled zombies, acting like amoebas being prodded and barely moving an inch.
Sorry to say, you have been fucked badly. Wake up! Smell the coffee. There are Billion Dollar Bandits at large.
Who in their right mind, without a professional company and credentials and history in the business, would take in millions of dollars when they have not produced anything, then turn around and invest it and give it back to the people, when they could "DELAY" the delivery until the whole profit was milked to the bone?

Only a real well intentioned person, and how many of them are there out there?
Unfortunately, not many.

They are liars and scumbags and if I purchased from Josh piece of shit extreme at Butterfly of Goofi Fukyu at Avalon, I would personally beat the shit out of them and break their bones.
But fortunately, I was not one of those suckers.
People need to start taking power back and thinking for themselves, instead of being easily led like sheep.
(Perfect example ..... everyone who is stupid enough to buy USB ASIC Miners on ebay for $90-$150. Plenty of dumb people to pluck from)

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:16:51 AM

As far as I see it noone in their right mind would do future business with Avalon due to artificial delays to promised '9-11 week' lead times.  It's unacceptable.

I swear,I have NOTHING to do with the delays  Angry

*lol*

If you fear Yifu isnt alive anymore you should phone him. If your phone stops before ~30 seconds then you know he clicked you away.

I believe yifu sent out the first batch to show how it works and to not get too much complaints.

WELL COME ON WORLD LETS FIND YIFU:

Yifu Guo
CTO http://bitsyn.com
1-(347)-370-9069
"Life is an everlasting self-improvement."

His personal email is : yguo1@gmail.com

I found my info using: http://whois.domaintools.com/yifuguo.com

as well as googling the admin phone number on this page.

Here's the source code for that awesome BTC activity visualization page.  That was cool YIFU!!!!!!   

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8"/>
<title>BitSyncom - Project Incubator</title>
<meta name="Description" content="Bitcoin is an idea whose time has come, a future that is already here."/>
<meta name="Keywords" content="Bitcoin"/>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
try{if (!window.CloudFlare) { var CloudFlare=[{verbose:0,p:0,byc:0,owlid:"cf",mirage:{responsive:0,lazy:0},mirage2:0,oracle:0,paths:{cloudflare:"/cdn-cgi/nexp/abv=2706741234/"},atok:"364c3e8b6e1b63bf289548998b541268",zone:"bitsyn.com",rocket:"a",apps:{}}];document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/abv=3609848800/cloudflare.min.js"><'+'\/script>')}}catch(e){};
//]]>
</script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,print" href="style.css"/>
</head>
<body>
<canvas id='c'></canvas>
<script type="text/rocketscript" data-rocketsrc="lib.js"></script>
<script type="text/rocketscript" data-rocketsrc="index.js"></script>
</body>
</html>

when I go to http://yifuguo.com/ I get to some Russian tourist agency page...
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:23:14 AM

What if all the chips were stolen by organized criminals.

Then expect to see them for auction somewhere?

Depends on how organized they are.  If they had their own EEs they could build the miners themselves and take all the profits.

You can't mine with blank chips in boxes.  In order for them to mine with undelivered chips they'd have to install them, mine for a while, and then remove all the chips from the board and repackage them. Hundreds of thousands of them. Seems pretty unlikely.

They are liars and scumbags and if I purchased from Josh piece of shit extreme at Butterfly of Goofi Fukyu at Avalon, I would personally beat the shit out of them and break their bones.
But fortunately, I was not one of those suckers.
People need to start taking power back and thinking for themselves, instead of being easily led like sheep.
(Perfect example ..... everyone who is stupid enough to buy USB ASIC Miners on ebay for $90-$150. Plenty of dumb people to pluck from)

I purchased a B2 Avalon and I'm pretty happy with it.  Would have been nice if it came a little sooner, but whatever.

s40ward

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:33:40 AM

+1 to this thread. I thought I was ordering from the good guys! Not to judge them completely as of this moment, but my "faith" is chipping away faster by the day.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
bitrebel

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:42:12 AM

You guys gave Goofi Fucku of Avalon enough money to buy enough chips for himself to take over  51% of the network.
Congratulations dumbasses!  Angry

s40ward

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:44:34 AM

You guys gave Goofi Fucku of Avalon enough money to buy enough chips for himself to take over  51% of the network.

Did you expect us to all pick up ASIC design manuals?  Go back to your stinky corner, troll. 

bitrebel

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:49:35 AM

Did you expect us to all pick up ASIC design manuals?  Go back to your stinky corner, troll. 

Don't kill the messenger. I guess you bought into this scam, huh?

s40ward

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:57:56 AM

You act as if you have information the bitcoin community does not.  Aside from your assumptions, are you bringing anything else to the conversation?  

edit: I will no longer participate in spamming this thread.  Good night troll. 

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 11:54:42 AM

Avalon did have NO trail of scams. They shipped already 2 batches of miners successfully. That means it was highly likely that avalon can ship a batch 3 and of course the chips that are proved working in the miners already. There was no sign that problems will occur. So no there is no sign to justify someone was stupid to order.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:12:20 PM

Avalon did have NO trail of scams. They shipped already 2 batches of miners successfully. That means it was highly likely that avalon can ship a batch 3 and of course the chips that are proved working in the miners already. There was no sign that problems will occur. So no there is no sign to justify someone was stupid to order.
+1

Batch 3s are arriving btw, which would hardly be the case if they were up to no good.  Note I'm not defending (any lack of) professionalism etc tho

[edit]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203745.640
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:28:15 PM

You don't suppose that ASICMiner paid YiFu to delay delivery of the chips until they finished dumping off a million or so of their $17 USB Block erupters for $50, do you?  (Those things cost 88 Yuan in China.)
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 02:38:54 PM

So did Yifu contact anyone when he logged in yesterday?    Huh   There must have been a reason to login, he could have just looked at the forums by not logging in... does 'last active' change just by logging in, or do you actually have to do something like messaging??

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:44:58 PM

So did Yifu contact anyone when he logged in yesterday?    Huh   There must have been a reason to login, he could have just looked at the forums by not logging in... does 'last active' change just by logging in, or do you actually have to do something like messaging??

No it's triggered by logging in, or using a browser that has cookies keeping your session active the next time you use it to browse. By that matter unless he was PMing individual members, he was probably catching up on the current FUD, banter and genuine concerns. You would see in his last posts if he had placed a message in a thread. Which he hasn't.

That said a soon as he does he knows he'll be bombarded with responses, so he's probably keeping schtum until he has something worth saying, or at least worth receiving positive responses for.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:52:19 PM

-Delay in ASIC product !
-Wait ! What ?
-First time ever, give us 2 weeks !!

We all know the rule before starting the game...
Now, shacking like BFL customers doesn't help

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:23:20 PM

I received my tracking number with the shipment of my order, but I have to make an urgent appeal to BitSyncom.
Please, I want to change the shipping address before they go to collect your package, now is going to stay in China and it is important not to get to the custom office, please BitSyncom see the new shipping address that I have in my account or listen to my PM thanks.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:27:49 PM

I received my tracking number with the shipment of my order, but I have to make an urgent appeal to BitSyncom.
Please, I want to change the shipping address before they go to collect your package, now is going to stay in China and it is important not to get to the custom office, please BitSyncom see the new shipping address that I have in my account or listen to my PM thanks.

what is your order number?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: