Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45696 times)
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:22:11 AM

Avalon shipped lots of chips to China, and those one who got the chips are resell the chips at rediculours high price. as the seller claim, he had very close relationship with Ngzhang personally, so he can "handle" some chip and supply it. He also claimed that the chips can only be produced 8k a day as the testing equipment have some problem. What an absurd excuse!

if true, they will fulfill 200 orders in only 250 days. Cheesy and only the ones who ordered in april will profit.

btw zefir's first batch of chips contained chips from two different production weeks.

if they dont deliver by the end of august, they shouldnt bother to ship at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:34:35 AM

I think part of the problem *maybe* *if* Yifu is physically based primarily in New York at such a crucial time as now (he was at the Inside Bitcoin conference the other day), as CEO of Bitsyncom he has no actual oversight over what is really happening, therefore cannot control, nor relay an accurate description of what is happening, which is pretty silly. He should be there, exchanges between employees going back no fourth are lost in meaning and translation. Being hands on and present will speed the process up no end, being physically thousands of miles away can only exasperate delays, especially if there is a leaky ship and money making product is being siphoned off elsewhere without his means to stop such activity. Temptation has to be huge...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:00:53 AM

who the fuck cares if it is incompetence, production problems, bad weather, strikes in mainland china, pirates...   

lead time 10 weeks - not delivered after 15+ weeks.

avalon = bfl
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:55:16 AM

It feels like every time I open my mail I find something like rates go up, mandatory health insurance goes up, new tax levies to pay, bank fees due, retirement funds lose money. And every time I read the news some CEO is being paid out, some politician creating outrageous laws or feeding off some charity fund.

I'm like many of you, I saw promise in bitcoin because I'd become so sick of constantly getting fucking screwed by bank and government
bitcoin created hope to escape.. now here we are, we're completely sick of constantly getting fucking screwed by asic manufacturers

they may as well be our government, as developing and manufacturing an asic is beyond the reach of an individual, it takes more than brains alone, it takes money and connections...

/end of rant #firstworldproblems

dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:20:36 PM

BATCH 3 AVALON MINER SHIPMENTS

Just got my tracking number.  Order 51xx placed and paid on March 25.  Qty 4, 4 module, no PSU units.

I had selected EMS but got a DHL tracking number.  Should I care?

I just checked my account and it says COMPLETED for batch 3 - 4 module order # 60XX.  This includes a DHL Tracking number.  I ordered EMS as well.  I don't care if it ships DHL, in fact I'm glad, DHL shipped my batch 2 very quickly!

Just got my tracking number.  Order 51xx placed and paid on March 25.  Qty 4, 4 module, no PSU units.

I had selected EMS but got a DHL tracking number.  Should I care?

I just received EMS tracking  Roll Eyes  unbelievable

Oh My... I have also just received tracking for my 4 module avalon without PSU. Maybe it´s finally arriving!

Update:  I just received DHL tracking for my 2 4 module avalons without PSUs Smiley

They're making progress on their massive backlog of orders.  We can only hope we'll be soon as well.

Edit:

OMG
It's happening !!!   Shocked

Yes it is Smiley

And for those wondering, it was order 87xx. placed on 3/26.

They've got orders 51xx through 87xx done.  They're doing stuff. Don't worry.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:16:10 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 06:43:11 PM by bitcoiner49er

They've got orders 51xx through 87xx done.  They're doing stuff. Don't worry.

Making miners and shipping chip are totally unrelated. There is very little effort involved in shipping, pack up chips and send to address. You've been "making" them for 15+ weeks now.
So far it is like this:
BFL = unreliable
Avalon = Good start, but unreliable
ASICminer/Bitfountain = Only ASIC manufacturer that can deliver ON TIME.

Word to wise for new ASIC companies; if you can't make deadlines, don't bother. I'm sure there will be a slew of people jumping on everything that comes out, but I've seen the light.

Yifu Guo Twitter: https://twitter.com/DataTranslator

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:28:18 PM

Not to jump in anyones shit but if you have millions of USD worth of late orders..skip the conference. FFS.

Surprised Josh showed up at the conference.  Thought someone might throw a creme pie, tomotoes, or obscenities at him at some point, but he just stood there in his white shirt with a stoic look on his face as if nothing happened. 

Or an appropriately sized brick

True, folks showed a lot of restraint and patience.

I'm not sure why... Tongue
dddbtc

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:53:45 PM

They've got orders 51xx through 87xx done.  They're doing stuff. Don't worry.

Making miners and shipping chip are totally unrelated. There is very little effort involved in shipping, pack up chips and send to address. You've been "making" them for 15+ weeks now.
So far it is like this:
BFL = unreliable
Avalon = Good start, but unreliable

Word to wise for new ASIC companies; if you can't make deadlines, don't bother. I'm sure there will be a slew of people jumping on everything that comes out, but I've seen the light.

Yifu Guo Twitter: https://twitter.com/DataTranslator

I just assumed B3 would move before the chips because of the order they were purchased in. 
bitcoiner49er

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:19:59 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 07:30:46 PM by bitcoiner49er

I just assumed B3 would move before the chips because of the order they were purchased in.  

Anyone know how many chips are in an Avalon unit?

[EDIT] Looks like 240 chips

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:25:43 PM

Yes, and way overpriced as well, although I guess the price just dropped recently.

bitcoiner49er

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:11:56 PM

So here are some numbers I was thinking about in my head, things don't add up:

We recently went from 187,281,159 MH/s to 223,746,040 this past difficulty increase.

That is a 36,464,881 MH/s increase.

ASICminerAvalonBFL
MH/s
Chips @ 33.3%36,13940,4763,036
240/Unit1500 Jalas
300 25GH
150 50GH
15 500GH

None of these outcomes seems possible to me. In 11 days between difficulty, I find it hard to believe what I'm hearing from any ASIC camp.

At one third each (I don't think it's a reality) ASICminer would have sold 36,000 block erupters. (Blades are not being made/sold), Avalon would have shipped 169 units, AND BFL would have any combo between 1500 Jalas to 15 Mini-rigs!!

I don't think any of those are close to what is being reported. I know that ASICminer is attempting to keep their network share the same, but that would only account for, in this instance, 20% and MAYBE the rest is erupters. Still, Avalon and BFL are not adding this much to the network based on customer accounts.

So who's making more miners?

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:23:27 PM

Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.
It's strange how $75k order does not even get you a phone number and personal account manager on Avalon's side, isn't it...
I think what's going on right now is that they have realized that they will be unable to maintain their "leader" position in ASIC development and they are trying to milk the network as much as they can delaying the shipments knowing that they will effectively decrease their network share.
And I for one hope that K&C and bitfury devices start shipping on time so then both Avalon and BFL will never ever get another customer.
Question?   How would they "milk" the network by not delivering chips that have already been paid for?

Answer:   Someone who said that around 3.5TH/s of batch II would be delivered in silver cases and only the later people will get the new black design and then delivered almost all of batch II in the new black cases (after being BUSTED publicly on sending silver ones that had been mined for months) might have a very good reason to withhold more miners from diluting the market share they are mining with the amazing missing batch II silver miners.   

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:26:24 PM

It's strange how $75k order does not even get you a phone number and personal account manager on Avalon's side, isn't it...
I think what's going on right now is that they have realized that they will be unable to maintain their "leader" position in ASIC development and they are trying to milk the network as much as they can delaying the shipments knowing that they will effectively decrease their network share.
And I for one hope that K&C and bitfury devices start shipping on time so then both Avalon and BFL will never ever get another customer.
Question?   How would they "milk" the network by not delivering chips that have already been paid for?

Answer:   Someone who said that around 3.5TH/s of batch II would be delivered in silver cases and only the later people will get the new black design and then delivered almost all of batch II in the new black cases (after being BUSTED publicly on sending silver ones that had been mined for months) might have a very good reason to withhold more miners from diluting the market share they are mining with the amazing missing batch II silver miners.   

So are the new Batch #3 miners, magically no longer dusty? Has this been confirmed. As if it has, then they were blatantly mining before.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:30:37 PM

So are the new Batch #3 miners, magically no longer dusty? Has this been confirmed. As if it has, then they were blatantly mining before.

There has not been a silver dusty miner shipped since vicus called them out on this and showed where they were mining to.    Both batch II and now, batch III black miners arrived without dust.    AND, there magically were not any more silver cased miners shipped after the outing of zhang and yifu as the crooks they are.

dddbtc

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:56:33 PM

Anyone know how many chips are in an Avalon unit?

[EDIT] Looks like 240 chips

I saw a statistic on genesisblock stating that all of avalon b3 miners would require a total of ~133,000 chips
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:25:30 PM

Still can't believe no updates have been mailed out by Avalon.

Chips were given a 9-10 week deadline.  There should have not been any delays with these - especially if they were to have been shipped directly from the factory and just needed to be remailed.  Unfortunately, per Zefir's 1st batch, it looks like Avalon has to manaully remove 400 chips from every order.  REALLY?!?! Absurd.

It's about week 15.  Had chips been given a 9+ week deadline noone from the chip order would be complaining.  When you make a deadline like 9-10 weeks, instead of a 9+ week one, make sure you're able to keep it - especially if you want to keep your customers.  I'm fairly confident that had deadline been 9+ weeks way fewer people would have ordered.

Also, what is this with people who haven't purchased a b3 or a chip batch defending Avalon's incompetence in this thread.

(In this case it isn't BFL with regards to the image)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:42:11 PM

Still can't believe no updates have been mailed out by Avalon.

Also, what is this with people who haven't purchased a b3 or a chip batch defending Avalon's incompetence in this thread.
Most of the interesting comments are going to come from the people who are now "free" to say what they really think about these two scumbags because the little dick Yifu cannot threaten to withhold our goods and WE are NEVER going to order anything from them again.    I would not even order Finished Units from them because we all saw what they meant by "next week" start shipping in may.   Meant "next week start mining for ourselves suckers".

bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:47:55 PM

Avalon shipped lots of chips to China, and those one who got the chips are resell the chips at rediculours high price. as the seller claim, he had very close relationship with Ngzhang personally, so he can "handle" some chip and supply it. He also claimed that the chips can only be produced 8k a day as the testing equipment have some problem. What an absurd excuse!

Concur, it's completely absurd.  Wish that there was someone with contacts at TSMC to check up on this situation. 
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:50:30 PM

Concur, it's completely absurd.  Wish that there was someone with contacts at TSMC to check up on this situation.  

Is it not out of their hands?! I thought a former disgruntled Avalon team member that wants to make his own next gen chip with the guy that calls Europeans lazy posted boxes of chips weeks back detailing volumes of chips in each box and the amount of boxes present equal to the chips on order, or am I way off the mark here?

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 01:02:42 AM

At one third each (I don't think it's a reality) ASICminer would have sold 36,000 block erupters. (Blades are not being made/sold), Avalon would have shipped 169 units, AND BFL would have any combo between 1500 Jalas to 15 Mini-rigs!!

What's unlikely about the Avalon number?  People are reporting getting their batch3s in the thread, one guy who asked for a refund just got a tracking number.   Since there are 600 Units, if they ship in the time it took them to get batch II out it should be about 150 a week.

People are also getting their boxes of chips.  Each 10k chip order is equivalent to about 41 3-module Avalons.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: