Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45696 times)
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:27:23 PM

Maybe we should have used tsmc and not Avalon.  This situation is crazy...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:40:45 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 01:55:26 PM by Bitcoinorama

Seriously though can anyone tell me why no one else aside Yifu from Bitsyncom can be reached or held accountable?!?

Irrespective of the break-up of Bitsyncom, those that split were present prior to the break-up when pre-orders were taken from this forum and elsewhere. They were still a team when presumably chips were manufactured, and some members were still part of Bitsyncom when those first chips were delivered or they wouldn't have been able to take and post pictures on this forum.

Those formally associated members will know what the deal is, why is nobody contacting them for the truth and Yifu's whereabouts?

I see no point in trying to contact Yifu through the points of contact in this forum, all that effort is in vain, if he's not responding and purposefully ignoring your messages or shipping the chips fairly and as agreed.

I've been on the fence about this, but when you see it for what it is; you made a payment for chips in an agreed future date, whereupon your returns diminish over time. That time has surpassed, and now to be honest has a reasonable amount of time subsequent as a grace period. Any honest and fair person irrespective of the cultural element raised in this thread earlier would give some form of statement to calm people's nerves, a simple update, good or bad. You as customers understand there were risks, most which you were confident were mitigated by purchasing a proven tech, but all the same if the problems were understandable people would have the noses put out of joint, some would be angry, but some would understand it for what it is. Unless those reasons are down to greed or incompetence or selfish unprofessional business practices. You need a statement so you can make informed choices. This is especially the case for people like Burnin' who have invested a lot of time, effort and their own money as well as other peoples. If he had to refund, as some people are now asking him for he could stand to be wiped out since a lot of that money will have been spent on having all the parts and boards manufactured ahead of time as he made sure he wouldn't be responsible for any delays. To think the reason I didn't purchase the group buys was because I though the unknown intermediaries were too risky and be the point of failure!! But for all intents and purposes this looks like people will get really p*ssed soon if this treatment continues. Anyone know what the Chinese forums have to say about this from their perspective?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:58:03 PM

The only other person I've heard is ngzhang

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=38132

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:02:54 PM

group buyers should file a case in the USA because of fraud.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:07:27 PM

group buyers should file a case in the USA because of fraud.

I believe this would also be relevant if he refuses to acknowledge you;

http://www.interpol.int/Contact-INTERPOL
http://www.interpol.int/Crime-areas/Cybercrime/Cybercrime
http://www.interpol.int/Crime-areas/Financial-crime/Financial-crime

I'm sure they would love to get their feet wet with alternative currency cybercrime. It would set a precedent.

Still I think you need to wait a little longer yet, this is still flakey, but Avalon B#3's are arriving, so there is life at Bitsyncom, even if it's life that refuses to acknowledge it' customers after breaching agreement...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
whisper

Activity: 267

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:12:18 PM

I wonder how this boy roll over all forum here and no care of anything and anyone... Congrats for his courage!  Grin

P.s: he may be have a hard ass too pepared for prison there omg
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:06:45 PM

ship the chips!!   Angry
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:09:20 PM

ship the chips!!   Angry
+100

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
badalien

Activity: 540

BestRate.org

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 05:55:47 PM

i do not understand Yifus problem, i think Yifu - Bitsyncom cant deliver the chips, because they have no chips Sad
ionstorm

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:35:35 PM

i do not understand Yifus problem, i think Yifu - Bitsyncom cant deliver the chips, because they have no chips Sad
Ok guys, how much longer do we wait to lawyer up and initiate legal proceedings?  The utter lack of communication and even confirmation that our chips will/wont ship and that they missed their deadline by over a month seems like enough to me.  Has anyone got any recommendations on a good lawyer and best route to take?  At this point something NEEDS TO BE DONE, whether it is knocking on doors, calling, mailing letters to Avalon/Bitsyncom, lawyering up, calling the police/fbi/interpol.  This could be the biggest bitcoin thievery in history. 

We need confirmation from Avalon/Bitsyncom immediately, and a timetable agreed upon by all members effected by this to initiate legal proceedings.  I think its about time that we organize and make a plan on how to recover our losses, recover the chips or at least make those pay with either time in jail or by fines and suing those who are accountable for this mess in the event they do not ship. 

Do you think 1 week is sufficient? Or should we wait until September 1st? Or sooner?
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:37:46 PM

I requested a scammer tag for BitSyncom.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269740.msg2885749#msg2885749
s40ward

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:41:08 PM

I chose to invest (probably more than I should have) on the belief that I was investing in a system free from the "big guys". With Yifu's failure and other realizations..I care for bitcoin no more. A neat experiment..ultimately corrupted and soiled the in the same ways all things tied to money always are.

How do you make more USD than mining bitcoins? Rip off the entire (willfully overstated) community with shitty and probably illegal methods. I look forward to a lawsuit against Mr. Yifu Guo. I don't even hope to collect. My money's already gone..or so I must believe.

Thanks Avalon. DIAF.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:42:10 PM

I chose to invest (probably more than I should have) on the belief that I was investing in a system free from the "big guys". With Yifu's failure and other realizations..I care for bitcoin no more. A neat experiment..ultimately corrupted and soiled the in the same ways all things tied to money always are.

How do you make more USD than mining bitcoins? Rip off the entire (willfully overstated) community with shitty and probably illegal methods. I look forward to a lawsuit against Mr. Yifu Guo. I don't even hope to collect. My money's already gone..or so I must believe.

Thanks Avalon. DIAF.

lol so dramatic jeez

warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:49:37 PM

Anyone knows where yifu hangs out in NY? I live here and can certainly give him a piece of my mind regarding getting those damn chips shipped already. (Not just Batch 1).

I only know these details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157856.msg2594647#msg2594647

I see this is where he registered the address for Bitsyncom, I thought Yifu lived in Brooklyn, based on the articles I have read about him. I see he/they chose Albany because the cost of that office is probably incredibly cheap.

I understand that this is cutting edge technology, but its reaching a point where millions of $ have been invested in many companies, and so far a handful of products have been released. There is certainly some backroom dealing going on that we dont know about.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 06:51:10 PM

I think a lawyer sending Yifu a letter might be a good idea but the police or something could make everything worse. I dont want to see chips blocked for a police investigation or something of that kind. And if Yifu thinks he lost every trust for the future, so that his customers fight him already, he could start to act nefario-like so that at the end one had to beg to get at least the details about the securities.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ionstorm

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:54:22 PM

Thanks Avalon. DIAF.

lol so dramatic jeez

ya well, sounds like Mr Yifu Guo needs some of this drama brought to his doorstep, im sure he is living comfortably without a care in the world where any of our chips are, we invested millions of dollars into his company, for all we know he took our money and ran, or built his own machines with the chips to mine with them and may claim they got confiscated in customs, got stolen, irrepairably damaged or will decide to have more chips made after difficulty has reached past 200,000,000.

This company has fucked us and the whole bitcoin community over, if we had the mined bitcoins with our own machines already a large percentage of those profits would be spent within the bitcoin economy and make bitcoin even stronger, instead these chips are probably lining someone elses pockets with exchanged bitcoins to USD.  

We all know Avalon has mined from customers equipment in the past and how shady they are.
s40ward

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:55:35 PM

lol so dramatic jeez

It takes a lot to get me riled.  I would call this conduct "a lot".  Lol.  I will say no more!   Lips sealed

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 07:06:41 PM

Does anyone know any more detail about ngzhang? His name or other details? He writes in his profile that he wont read PM's but maybe some other data can be found.

And the other user that posted the boxes with chips... is it really a member of BitSyncom? If so someone knows details?

AdamKD

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:11:15 PM

Does anyone know any more detail about ngzhang? His name or other details? He writes in his profile that he wont read PM's but maybe some other data can be found.

And the other user that posted the boxes with chips... is it really a member of BitSyncom? If so someone knows details?

I believe Yifu is the one mostly for the blame.  From my understanding (through reading these forums - therefore it may be wrong and should be considered a speculation) the group (ngzhang/yifu/etc) broke up due to ethical disagreements.  I think the chip delays are this ethical disagreement.  In what way?  No idea - but that'd be another speculation.

In any case it'd be nice if ngzhang could enlighten the community, or for that matter anyone from former 'Avalon', on what exactly is happening here.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 07:13:34 PM

I believe Yifu is the one mostly for the blame.  From my understanding (through reading these forums - therefore it may be wrong and should be considered a speculation) the group (ngzhang/yifu/etc) broke up due to ethical disagreements.  I think the chip delays are this ethical disagreement.  In what way?  No idea - but that'd be another speculation.

In any case it'd be nice if ngzhang could enlighten the community, or for that matter anyone from former 'Avalon', on what exactly is happening here.

I didnt ask to blame them, i only would like to ask them whats going on. The better when they broke because of ethical disagreements. This should mean we can get infos more likely. I only wonder if thats the case when they keep silence. So it would be good to know details about them so one could try to find contact details then.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: