Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!  (Read 45696 times)
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:18:39 AM

Hey, you can't really blamed Yifu, because he is not the main suckers who sell you these Asic Chip, those guys who did the group buy who enticed you into buying these shitty asic chips.

Next Time Don't do group buy.

umm..we sure can blame Yifu!  For the chips which have been delivered Zefir (being the only organizer delivered to so far) has acted exemplary.

I disagree with the racist rants against Yifu but I think it's comical that he is pursuing 2nd gen chip technology when he will have no customers to pawn them to.

However, going by the only invest what you can afford to lose rule, I'm still fine if I only make my money back. I took an acknowledged risk by investing in a non-100% guaranteed product (even tho 10 weeks should be 10 weeks). But once burned twice shy, no more Avalon for me..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:26:51 AM

Maybe this deal has been taking all of Yifu's time and he has been too busy to ship the chips.
Maybe Mr. Lewis can get Yifu a paid helper.
Sign the deal ship our chips!
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:30:44 AM

Quote from: WSJ

Mr. Guo couldn't be reached for comment.

Yeah, I think we know the feeling.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:31:38 AM

The fuu*k this is happening? Wow, apparently Yifu hasn't been idling away opportunity!!

This is either the worst thing that can happen to Bitcoin and centralisation, or it's an act of genius...in any case I hope dodgy finance that contributed to the crash and manipulation of fiat currency is not involved in this deal.

Interesting times. Let's hope for the best...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:36:56 AM

There has been all sorts of misreported FUD on Avalon this weekend.  Seems to be based around a misreported story about a different "Avalon" but hard to tell if the link above is a continuation of that

This thread debunks the USD200M investment story
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268081.0
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:46:36 AM

Psst!!! Where are the chips? Huh

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:29:44 AM

You all keep using BTC as a payment system you'll keep getting burned.  What kind of a brain deficiency does it take to send multiple 100K of non refundable, non traceable, anonymous crypto currency, and of all places to China and hope it will all be ok.  
ROFL  
BTC is a poor online payment system and especially so for anything delayed because eventually any operation will become if not an outright fraud then a basically a not what you ordered or when you wanted it since there will always come a point where 95% of BTC received is more profitable to fuck around with then the 5% profit margin of any business.

Why are you here then?

Agreed, it's stupid.  The only reason bitcoin has any value is that it can be used as a payment system. Of course, for very small transactions that you don't mind losing out on, it's much better then CCs/Paypal.

Plus, people in the bitcoin mining business are likely to have a lot of bitcoin sitting around, and it's much easier to just use send it directly as opposed to selling it on an exchange, waiting for the cash, and then doing a traditional transaction along with all the fees and costs.

What's needed are 3rd party systems built on top of bitcoin that handle things like refunds.
I had an epiphany regarding bitcoin a while ago when a guy next to me at a bank was trying to get money from his account to pay for a purchase from someone else.  It was a large amount but not crazy.  You should've seen the hassles.  "If we give you this much cash you have to fill out a tax form.  Why yes we can make you a bank check instead but when you come with the seller to the bank we can't cash it for him.  Why the Fuck not?  It's over our cashing limit.  It's my money I just want to pay him."  Bitcoin is a wealth storage and wealth transfer system without the banks or anyone else looking over your shoulder telling you how you should store or transfer it.  It is a system where your account can be in your head for any amount one or one million.  What it isn't good for is sending strangers transfers of huge amounts and hoping for the best.  Why re-invent the wheel?  There already are plenty of systems that handle refunds.  It's called a credit card, or PayPal, or for cases of international commerce in large amounts a Letter of Credit.  Funds are frozen for the seller from the buyer.  Items get checked at the port of entree for correct delivery and the seller gets their money.  BTW creating 3rd parties holding btc in escrow will just get escrows running with the BTC instead of sellers.  No difference.  You got something I want, awesome we'll figure out a way to transact with BTC or otherwise.  Use a little risk acessment, that's what you are supposed to do with real money anyways.  You got something I want maybe in two months.  Call me in two months.  This isn't kickstarter FFS.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 06:34:57 AM

Asset Retrieval is not entirely out of the question. Namely one if you file a civil suit claiming fraud (criminal) you can go after this guys personal assets and the corporate veil would be made meaningless. From what I understand a criminal act (in this case fraud) would in sense lift any protections an LLC would provide to the members.

Well, if there's a $200 million dollar investment the question is moot, as they can easily settle any lawsuits.

However, the point I was making is that you can't seize bitcoin unless someone hands over their crypto key or agrees to make a transaction.  A judge can order them to do it, and they can simply skip the country and refuse if they want.

People talking about suing bitcoin businesses are missing a key aspect of bitcoin. unlike traditional currency and property you can't just file a lein on their property or garnish their wages/bank accounts.

User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:58:13 AM

Also it's unlikely any court will call bitcoin currency and since they won't you don't have "valuable consideration" in any bitcoin for goods contract.  That's why in a lot of purchase contracts there still is a token fiat amount included as consideration just to have it be valid.  That's nothing considering the bigger hurdle of proving that any legal person (living or corporate) can actually "own" a bitcoin address that received the transfers.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:30:43 AM

Hey, you can't really blamed Yifu, because he is not the main suckers who sell you these Asic Chip, those guys who did the group buy who enticed you into buying these shitty asic chips.

What the fuck! Can you explain what i did wrong? Are you seriously claiming i knew what will happen? Thats probably why i invested all my money into those chips too right?
I bought those chips because nothing can go wrong. I only didnt know yifu will hold the chips back.

And i called yifu for days 2-4 times each hour. He wont answer. The same goes for tickets and emails.

But if you know what i can do tell me! Instead you go around and post this accusation in each thread... you probably dont even know that many groupbuy organisators invested much money for creating miners too right? They did this on purpose to lose this money... *facepalm*

I really would prefer you inform yourself before writing such nonsense.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:40:48 AM

What the fuck! Can you explain what i did wrong? Are you seriously claiming i knew what will happen? Thats probably why i invested all my money into those chips too right?
I bought those chips because nothing can go wrong. I only didnt know yifu will hold the chips back.

And i called yifu for days 2-4 times each hour. He wont answer. The same goes for tickets and emails.

But if you know what i can do tell me! Instead you go around and post this accusation in each thread... you probably dont even know that many groupbuy organisators invested much money for creating miners too right? They did this on purpose to lose this money... *facepalm*

Chill out, he's a KNCMINER shill. Just check his post history (the noob who didn't know anything about BTC who then resold early queue pre-order placement for KNCMINER miners and now is spamming all non KNCMINER threads with "we don't want pre-orders" shit).

Just put him on ignore, you're doing a fine job of looking after your GB.
badalien

Activity: 540

BestRate.org

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:44:07 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 11:54:23 AM by badalien

we can write Joe Lewis an mail with the latest Avalon Chips Order Status.
@Yifu, what is goin on, deliver our paid chips, now. You have earned enough Money for the fucking chips. Why you give use no information ?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:50:14 AM

Chill out, he's a KNCMINER shill. Just check his post history (the noob who didn't know anything about BTC who then resold early queue pre-order placement for KNCMINER miners and now is spamming all non KNCMINER threads with "we don't want pre-orders" shit).

No, he/she's also been in the KnC miner thread also ranting about pre-orders...

KS

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:11:24 PM

Really...

Was that before or after his/her attempt to sell a few KNCMINER preorders?
sasadjak

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:01:51 PM

KNC never make ROI same like avalon chips.

Every (avalon, BFL, knc, bitfury) asic power is enough big to kill himself with diff.
That is reason why he not give us numbers how many power is preordered.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:12:12 PM

Really...

Was that before or after his/her attempt to sell a few KNCMINER preorders?

That would be after, can only assume those deals went sour, either way clearly not the sharpest tool in the box as whoever they are they cannot grasp the significance if pre-ordering at this stage, or do their own research, so they spout the same line in all the threads continuously. Has been for weeks...

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:35:24 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottWapnerCNBC/statuses/364370798892421120

KS

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:50:45 PM

That avalon deal was as real as the thailand made btc illegal bs...

Btw... where are my chips?

blue pill or red pill?
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:47:10 PM

did you misspeak ?  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:52:46 PM

did you misspeak ?  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

Seb I really, really hope you didn't invest all your money man.

Please tell me that ain't so.

And for anyone else planning to put it all on one horse. Don't. Ever. Ever, ever.

Even if you could buy in hand today, you're still relying on a return in the future. You are in essence paying ahead of time to make a return even further in the future. An uncertain future.

Embarrassed

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: