Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:01:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. Short term  (Read 11492 times)
rillater

Activity: 156
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:02:01 AM

It will depend on the type of speculation you like to perform. Bitcoin and other important crypto currencies fluctuate for speculative reasons and not for real valuations. The economic trend increasingly in disruptive technology, makes the entire financial cryptographic ecosystem continue to increase and continue to grow. For me it is better to leave them parked and wait for them to return to have the price that by our calculations would be ideal to sell them. That means that they go up in price by 40% or 70% compared to today's prices. It can take a long time for them to rise, it can be weeks or even months.
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:12:06 AM

I always hold it. I suggest to hold specially now!
piterpie

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:13:02 AM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
My short-term investment is less risky, but low returns and long-term investment is more profitable, but it also brings more risks, besides there are many people from the community say that should invest long-term instead of short-term investment because this can make profits get higher if the time to invest
Meycell

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:13:30 AM

when it comes to risk, there is no risky choice. as discussed in this thread, I think for short-term profit risks are greater than long-term benefits. because if we talk about profits we will definitely choose to profit that we can use in the future.
philad220

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:19:04 AM

They both have merits and demerits, but long term investment still remains the best for an investor planning to be successful,  nobody knows when altcoins will pump, cryptos require a lot of patience and as it is known  patience dog eat the fattest bone.
Subkarnas

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:22:20 AM

Honestly my line between long term/short term became blured. I would say that bitcoin and ethereum are my number one choice for long term but bitcoins % ot total market cap is slowly fallying over time. Ethereum is another story. It is mostly used to support ICOs but with more and more regulations on the way, its future success beacame questionable for me... at least the ROI.
icoworld

Activity: 300

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:28:40 PM

For a long-term investment, it is to bring more income, but not all coins come up to it so you need to be careful
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:41:09 PM

I make invest in short term and long term by portfolio each 50%, and for short term trading i have target to get minimum 30% profit montly. And for long term i will hold it in minimum 1 year. And for short trading i will more focus in to it,  to get consistent profit by learn more new strategies.
Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:46:12 PM

I prefer long-term investments, although this is less profitable than trading on the exchange, but it is more secure.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
RamesesLabs

Activity: 133

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 12:51:14 PM

My rule of thumb is if you don't take profits, there may be no profit, in the cryptocurrency world. I do hold long positions on Bitcoin and Ethereum, but mainly to buy altcoins when I see them in a good dip. I also take profits in Bitcoin and Ethereum, so it makes it easy to stay long on them. The one thing you have to make sure of is your not selling off your profits in BTC and ETH at a loss when the price dips. I find when BTC is running up in price, it is a good time to buy alt's for short-term investing. That's just my take on the topic, everyone has different trading strategies.

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange by Rameses Labs, LLC
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:03:56 PM

The ideal is 70% BTC and the rest for alts or fiat. I do believe long-term gains is the key to investing. You can see the dip along the way, but the long-term view will make your investment better
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
In long term and in short term we need particular experience to handle Because both of them have high profit chance but if we will see for the loss chances then surely it is short term trading which have more chances to loss the money .
Here is am with the long term trading , since I was doing day time trading and also long term trading so I can understand very well .
In short term trading we need to out bulk amount of money for trading but in case of long term trading we need to out small amount of money and we can make bulk profit by holding them for long time .
And also in short term we should not expect for high% profit but in case of long term.hodl trading we can expect very high Amount of profit .
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:24:33 PM

I used to primarily hold for long term but because the market has been so fickle and retarded lately, I am beginning ton feel I must take a slightly different approach and have both long term and short term positions as it is going to be hard just to be holding coins long term and seeing their value keep dropping, even though they are very good projects. Right now there are just too many coins and projects and not much new money coming in so the whales just play the markets and most others who hold end up losing all their profits as the whales and day traders squeeze out every cent from the market at intervals.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:30:44 PM

For long term investment i would prefer BTC,ETH,ALT,these coins can give you benefit if you hold them for certain time because prices are low these days and when price higher you can sell.On the other hand for short term you can choose,ADA,XPR,NEO,and some other coins,these coins are good for day to day trading,depend upon your way of trading and investment amount.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Bertoman

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:48:19 PM

Long-term is winning in case a good projects, and even though I'm new to that I will choose it in bitcoin so it will tell you what to choose ..

Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

For long term investment i would prefer BTC,ETH,ALT,these coins can give you benefit if you hold them for certain time because prices are low these days and when price higher you can sell.On the other hand for short term you can choose,ADA,XPR,NEO,and some other coins,these coins are good for day to day trading,depend upon your way of trading and investment amount.
Really though? All those altcoins you mentioned only good for long term, seeing the past, their price chart seems to reflect the benefits for any longterm hodlers and give them a huge reward of price increase after waiting atleast a whole year.
In the other hand, BTC, ETH right now so volatile that it's really good for short term trading, well atleast that's my honest opinion.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
eydrea

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:55:52 PM

If you prefer long term you should try bitcoin and etherium. But if you prefer short term you should try altcoins. It depends  on you, if you prefer fast earnings go short term and try altcoins. But if you prefer more big earnings but takes a long period of time go long term and try bitcoin. Its both good because these coins are profitable.
edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:57:57 PM

Depends on your investment plans and the goals you intend to acheive. short terms are fit for quick money making, not always a profitable but one can acheive and address financial needs within a short time. long term  on the other hand maximizes your returns over a period of time as the initial investment gains value with time and trades for higher profit margins.
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

BTC and ETH are definetely great for long-term investments, but  their growth is not so fast. You can also invest into some cheap(less that 1$) tokens, which are on the state of ICO/pre-ICO and forgot about them for year or more. But be carefull,in the best case  you can get your money multiplied, in the worst these tokens became to worth nothing.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
rammanbl4

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:49:22 PM

if you are lazy enough you can go to the long term so you can just wait for the profit on the next year but if you want get some profit in early time you can go short term and maximize your profits
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: