Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:06:56 PM

<quote>
CoinTerra Support (CoinTerra)
May 13 13:52

Can you try this firmware? Only the second board is having issues. Usually related to the CorePerf Mode = 75; this changes some of the settings on the board.

Regards,
Marshall

Attachment(s)
TerraMiner_0.8.12.tgz
</quote>

They sent me a firmware and after applying firmware, machine does not show up on network. Cannot reset it either. Almost feels like they did it on purpose. Worst experience of my life buying a product!

At least you got a response. I opened a support ticket 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. I tried calling them and they no longer answer the phone, requesting that customers email them. I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed with Cointerra's level of service. I now have a terrahasher that I can not safely run over power stepping 6. I'm under warranty and being completely ignored...

Let this be a warning to any buyers considering one of their discount 1.6 th/s machines. They degrade quickly and there is currently no way to get in touch with their customer service department.

Last week I applied for technical support, since my miner went from 1.6 (running 1 month) to 1.4 th/s. The core temps running around 85. Seems a bit high to me. I think my unit got bad chips. Anyway, no response so far. They under delivered and now they are not responding, very bad indeed.

They could offer free hosting for the missing th-gh/s as compensation for a period of time.  

At least your machine is running. Mine is dead after I applied a firmware which Cointerra support themselves sent to me. Now the machine won't work and no response from them either. You can imagine how I feel.

BTW, this machine is not even mine. A senior citizen who is 70 years old invested their hard earned money out of retirement savings. I am just trying to make it work for the person. I have asked the owner to contact Cointerra directly.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asnghost

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:11:49 PM

They probably just wait like 30 more days so the warranty is over. That would be really nasty.

DustyRah

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:15:49 AM

How would I go about with re-flash since it cannot be found on the network at all? Does anyone have any ideas?

I am giving them benefit of doubt that they are overloaded with support tickets and wait another day. I don't want to do something and end of out of warranty. The miner is clearly dead because of the firmware they sent me to apply.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:02:56 AM

How would I go about with re-flash since it cannot be found on the network at all? Does anyone have any ideas?

[...]

I'm trying to recall, but isn't there a way to connect up to it over USB (the port on the back must be used for something)? Maybe that's something else I'm thinking of...

DustyRah

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:35:12 AM

[...]

I'm trying to recall, but isn't there a way to connect up to it over USB (the port on the back must be used for something)? Maybe that's something else I'm thinking of...

Actually, you are right there is a USB based serial port in the back. It is functional but I can't use it since that would void the warranty.
Stevbenson

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:44:33 AM

[...]

Actually, you are right there is a USB based serial port in the back. It is functional but I can't use it since that would void the warranty.

Dusty, quote from user guide to restore original firmware;

" To initiate a Factory Restore, press and hold the Reset button recessed in the hole on the front panel

with a pin or similar object. After a couple of seconds the CTR1 LED will flash red, at which point you

should release the Reset button and the red LED will turn off. After a few seconds the factory firmware

will be copied and the TerraMiner will reboot as normal. You will now need to reconfigure the

TerraMiner’s settings (or restore your settings using the Import Configuration File option.)"

Did you try that?
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:00:06 AM

OMG more Plan B\

Why are so many companies giving away free extra asic miners?  Is it to trap them for more future pre-order equipment promising more and more power
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:55:24 AM

OMG more Plan B\

Why are so many companies giving away free extra asic miners?  Is it to trap them for more future pre-order equipment promising more and more power

Simplest answer: cash flow problems.
cxz

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:02:27 PM

OMG more Plan B\

Simple answer, they need more time to get in as much cash as possible before they dissappear without refunding anyone.
DustyRah

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:08:38 PM

[...]

" To initiate a Factory Restore, press and hold the Reset button recessed in the hole on the front panel

with a pin or similar object. After a couple of seconds the CTR1 LED will flash red, at which point you

should release the Reset button and the red LED will turn off. After a few seconds the factory firmware

will be copied and the TerraMiner will reboot as normal. You will now need to reconfigure the

TerraMiner’s settings (or restore your settings using the Import Configuration File option.)"

Did you try that?

Yes mate, I tried that and it won't work. What happens is that once the machine starts up it lights up red on CTRL1 for about 3-4 seconds and then there is no more activity except for fans spinning.
HashBTC

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

--reserved--

TheWoodser

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:15:56 PM

OMG more Plan B\

Exactly.....and when you wake up tomorrow and your hashing power is gone.....then what?  LOL!

Tip Jars:  BTC: 1J8y3SLzGoY2gLYScsbTZmUH7dW18J1q4S          LTC:  LMkJZ8yuwtVr57GLYZ1JRWstQTc29Cfrtn     Doge: D95sgyBbRz8xhsQMAPmACYfB8vKWUAGuTn 
Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366385.0
Stevbenson

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:30:12 AM

Yes mate, I tried that and it won't work. What happens is that once the machine starts up it lights up red on CTRL1 for about 3-4 seconds and then there is no more activity except for fans spinning.

I see... These machines are glitchy as hell, a couple of things I have found with mine that don't really make sense but you could try is this.

If you can't access the miner through it's IP address try removing everything from the network except your computer and miner then start them both up. If its still not there reset your computer without resetting the miner or the network. I found this will often bring it up.

Also If you have another network/internet connection I would recommend trying it. Get this weird glitch that happened to me. My miner ran fine on my home network for about a month then developed a problem where it would mine for about 30s then go offline for about 5mins then come on again over and over again. After trouble shooting the shit out of the network I could find nothing wrong, even tried a static IP but no effect, the problem persisted. I have a 3G USB modem also so I plugged that into a spare router and used this internet connection...immediately fixed the problem...so glitchy.

Good luck mate.

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:47:22 AM

[...]

Did you try that?

Red controller light means the beaglebone can't find the network.  It might mean other things but that's always been the reason for me.
Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:05:20 AM

May 21st, 2014

Dear Ed,

We are getting in touch with you because you have previously requested a refund of your CoinTerra hardware order.

At the time of your refund request, it was likely communicated to you that we typically take between 2-4 weeks to process refunds. Unfortunately, we received a larger quantity of refund requests around the time that we started to ship our April batch of TerraMiners to customers, and as a result we are running behind on processing them, as they are refunded in the order in which the refund request is received.

Your refund request is still active, and we are currently anticipating between 8 and 12 weeks processing time for some refunds.  We will continue to work towards processing the refunds as quickly as possible.

However, we would also like to share with you two incredible limited-time offers that, should you choose, will quickly get you back on track with your bitcoin mining activities:

Option 1

Some customers requested their refund because of the hash power deficit of 400 GH/s in the 1.6 TH/s units. With manufacturing running at full capacity we are now able to ship the 1.6 TH/s TerraMiners immediately from stock, and so for a limited time, if you are a US resident customer* who purchased at the original price of $5,999 (plus shipping) we can ship you 2 x your original order of TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin miners with FREE ground shipping on the additional unit(s).  That’s 3.2 TH/s for the same price paid for 2 TH/s!

An order for 1 x TerraMiner IV at $5,999 entitles you to receive a second TerraMiner IV with FREE UPS Ground shipping. An order of 2 x TerraMiner IV’s with total price of $11,998 + shipping entitles you to receive 4 x TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s shipped immediately with FREE UPS Ground shipping for the additional 2 units.

Option 2

Some customers requested a refund because for whatever reason they were unable to run the TerraMiners in their location.  We have been working on a solution to this problem and you may have read the announcement on May 12th that we have now launched a new service offering cloud-based Bitcoin Mining Contracts through CoinTerra Mining at:

http://mining.cointerra.com

A cloud-based mining contract is a solution where you receive regular payouts at the contracted hash power for a fixed term, powered by our scalable TerraMiner farm in a 24 x 7 datacenter: No equipment, no electricity costs, and no hands-on system management required.

For a limited time we are offering the equivalent of your purchase price of each TerraMiner converted to the 2 TH/s mining contract which is currently priced at $7,999 - a savings of $2,000!  If you have 2 x TerraMiner IV’s then you will get 2 x 2 TH/s plans, etc.

To discuss your order, please reply to this email with your preferred phone number and time of day to reach you (please include your time zone) and we will get in touch. If you are only able to communicate via email (for example, if you are not comfortable speaking in English) then please reply to this email and we will get back in touch.

In the event that you these offers do not interest you, we completely understand and we will keep you on the refund list and we thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we work to stay ahead in the incredibly fast-moving Bitcoin ecosystem.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Team CoinTerra

customeroffers@cointerra.com

It's nice that they are, again, overlooking the people that bought their products and are offering them nothing for the deficient product delivered unless they attempt to bail.  "Screw you, paying customers!"

It is also nice to see them, in writing, acknowledge that people paid for 2 Th/s and didn't receive it.  Thank you Cointerra.  The attorneys I've been speaking to about this issue will absolutely love this.  

bitndx

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:11:25 PM

May 21st, 2014

Dear Ed,

We are getting in touch with you because you have previously requested a refund of your CoinTerra hardware order.

At the time of your refund request, it was likely communicated to you that we typically take between 2-4 weeks to process refunds. Unfortunately, we received a larger quantity of refund requests around the time that we started to ship our April batch of TerraMiners to customers, and as a result we are running behind on processing them, as they are refunded in the order in which the refund request is received.

Your refund request is still active, and we are currently anticipating between 8 and 12 weeks processing time for some refunds.  We will continue to work towards processing the refunds as quickly as possible.

However, we would also like to share with you two incredible limited-time offers that, should you choose, will quickly get you back on track with your bitcoin mining activities:

Option 1

Some customers requested their refund because of the hash power deficit of 400 GH/s in the 1.6 TH/s units. With manufacturing running at full capacity we are now able to ship the 1.6 TH/s TerraMiners immediately from stock, and so for a limited time, if you are a US resident customer* who purchased at the original price of $5,999 (plus shipping) we can ship you 2 x your original order of TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s Bitcoin miners with FREE ground shipping on the additional unit(s).  That’s 3.2 TH/s for the same price paid for 2 TH/s!

An order for 1 x TerraMiner IV at $5,999 entitles you to receive a second TerraMiner IV with FREE UPS Ground shipping. An order of 2 x TerraMiner IV’s with total price of $11,998 + shipping entitles you to receive 4 x TerraMiner IV 1.6 TH/s shipped immediately with FREE UPS Ground shipping for the additional 2 units.

Option 2

Some customers requested a refund because for whatever reason they were unable to run the TerraMiners in their location.  We have been working on a solution to this problem and you may have read the announcement on May 12th that we have now launched a new service offering cloud-based Bitcoin Mining Contracts through CoinTerra Mining at:

http://mining.cointerra.com

A cloud-based mining contract is a solution where you receive regular payouts at the contracted hash power for a fixed term, powered by our scalable TerraMiner farm in a 24 x 7 datacenter: No equipment, no electricity costs, and no hands-on system management required.

For a limited time we are offering the equivalent of your purchase price of each TerraMiner converted to the 2 TH/s mining contract which is currently priced at $7,999 - a savings of $2,000!  If you have 2 x TerraMiner IV’s then you will get 2 x 2 TH/s plans, etc.

To discuss your order, please reply to this email with your preferred phone number and time of day to reach you (please include your time zone) and we will get in touch. If you are only able to communicate via email (for example, if you are not comfortable speaking in English) then please reply to this email and we will get back in touch.

In the event that you these offers do not interest you, we completely understand and we will keep you on the refund list and we thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we work to stay ahead in the incredibly fast-moving Bitcoin ecosystem.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Team CoinTerra

customeroffers@cointerra.com

It's nice that they are, again, overlooking the people that bought their products and are offering them nothing for the deficient product delivered unless they attempt to bail.  "Screw you, paying customers!"

It is also nice to see them, in writing, acknowledge that people paid for 2 Th/s and didn't receive it.  Thank you Cointerra.  The attorneys I've been speaking to about this issue will absolutely love this.  

WTF! is this a joke? They continue to sow distrust. Incredible
hamburgerhelper

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:29:01 PM

Any one else find it curious that they are not selling the 2.0 TH/s units yet? This is another clue which points to poor cash flow. Its likely that they can't afford to produce the new designs which remedy the problems that constrained performance to 1.6 TH/s. They probably have a lot of money tied up in inventory of the 1.6 TH/s units. I really hope they stay afloat so that we're not looking at a mining landscape dominated by one or two companies.

Have any of the people who ordered for May delivery received a 2.0 TH/s unit? Back in Jan/Feb, this was the projected month that they'd be able to ship 2.0 TH/s units IIRC.
hamburgerhelper

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:36:24 PM

Another sign that they're short on cash:

http://cointerra.com/product/goldstrike/

After you've paid the NRE costs, there's no cheaper product to produce than a big box of chips.
bitndx

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:25:19 PM

After you've paid the NRE costs, there's no cheaper product to produce than a big box of chips.

Typical of lazy Cointerra run by Ravi and Timo....only selling a pack of 525. How about a 100 pack is that not "big money" enough?

Irony though is that you spend 100K with them and they likely still only want to deal with you via email and if you talk with them by phone you are stuck with frontline employees.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:36:49 PM

Typical of lazy Cointerra run by Ravi and Timo....only selling a pack of 525. How about a 100 pack is that not "big money" enough?

Irony though is that you spend 100K with them and they likely still only want to deal with you via email and if you talk with them by phone you are stuck with frontline employees.

Why would you want to talk by phone.  Email creates a record.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: