Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast)  (Read 378426 times)
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:20:26 AM

How long could this process of transferring shares feasibly take? Has anyone waited longer than 6 hours for confirmation that their shares have been claimed on IceDrill.io?

It has been over 6 hours since I signed and verified ownership of my address, however, the site is still reporting I am holding 0 shares.

Been over 36 hours for me.  I've PMed will, we'll see what happens.
will

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:36:05 AM

Hi, apologies for only getting back to you on this now.

All other securities moving to direct shares accept a signed address as proof of ownership.

That's our process as well.

No other security moving to direct shares requires adhesion to Google's (illegal) ToS.

The legality issue of the Google ToS is news to me, could you point me to which items are contentious and in which jurisdiction(s) they're illegal? We do not want anyone to break the law. Please don't send me a "lmgtfy" link, it's demonstrably counterproductive in this specific case.

Google is currently the only OpenID provider we support. This does not mean we won't support any others in the future. If you want to suggest another I'll have a look into it and assign development resources to it as and when they become available. Developing the following work-processes (and securing/supporting them) was not possible given the required time-frame:
1. user sign-up
2. user human check (e.g. captcha)
3. user email verification.
4. user password recovery/reset
5. user secure password storage
6. user secure password transmission
7. user authorization
8. user authentication
9. user 2FA implementation (and items 4 through 8 as above for this as well)
10. all the support structures (and staffing) to support the above for literally hundreds of users on day 1 of going live.
This is the "security wheel" in its base form. I see so many companies implementing all that thinking they can just go ahead and do it perfectly on the 1st try and almost succeeding (at worst) or failing miserably (at best). We decided on a different route, and OpenID is it.

All of the overblown talk about 'black holes' and 'reinventing the security wheel' is a sorry excuse to avoid using 2FA instead of OpenID.

The Google accounts (our OpenId provider) choice wasn't because of 2FA instead of OpenID, one of the many reasons for settling on it was because this particular OpenID provider includes 2FA.
will

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:40:24 AM

Hi all

If any of you are having trouble signing the message it's probably because you're doing it wrong:

Make sure the signature looks something like this: HNOa7HxkrYd9sovsGvFte0Q7MsXBaIJ9ULicLAae/TjscSAtxYIWZhfsR5YtQcIIuFbz1htG/jSoZLFfRaU8xu4=

(It'll be a long string and it will always end in "=")

Some of you have sent me screenshots of your pasting in the "i, someone@wherever.com, own icedrill.asic shares" into the message signature field. This is wrong and will (correctly) result in an "incorrect padding" message.

amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:51:38 AM

Will reset the process for me and resigning the message worked great, instantly saw my shares afterwards.  Thanks for the quick response.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:27:45 AM

I've asked before but didn't get an answer. How often hardware will be upgraded? Once a week, month?

This is a great question, sorry if I missed it. To be perfectly honest with you, we don't have a solid answer for you other than: we're exploring several options.

Personally I'm leaning towards hashrate maintenance contract(s) as it has several benefits (and not just for us). This open forum has been a great asset since we started it, and I'd like very much to leverage it as much as possible. Even though modelling the parameters for something like such a contract is non-trivial I'd like to put it out there and get your thoughts on it. Don't be afraid to hit me with spreadsheets, the DigiMex team will do the same. Don't just yell "moar chips!", it probably won't achieve much more than a few chuckles.

All that said, it doesn't need to be a single decision, the question could have several answers; some more right than wrong, so please ensure that (y)our model proposal excludes the liberal use of a crystal ball Smiley
My proposal:
100 unit batches. If there's enough funds from 25% of dividens to purchase 100 units then order. This may be slow adding at the beggining but later it may speed up signifficantly. And ordering large amount may result in nice discounts...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:47:52 AM

What, if any, is the process of buying shares at this point? Will we be able buy shares on icedrill.io? Apologies if these questions have already been answered.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
will

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:04:17 PM

Apologies if I've not answered this before, I know it has been asked. There currently is no (supported) process to buy/sell icedrill shares. Making these shares tradeable again is a high priority item, but I can't give you a better indication than "we're working on it" at the moment.

What, if any, is the process of buying shares at this point? Will we be able buy shares on icedrill.io? Apologies if these questions have already been answered.
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:47:45 PM

Apologies if I've not answered this before, I know it has been asked. There currently is no (supported) process to buy/sell icedrill shares. Making these shares tradeable again is a high priority item, but I can't give you a better indication than "we're working on it" at the moment.

Thanks! I look forward to that. I "temporarily" sold my shares right before Bitfunder began its implosion, but then it seemed more prudent to wait until everything settled down before buying back in. Now I'm locked on the outside, waiting to get back in. Keep up the good work!

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:00:14 PM

For now even a simple transfer procedure will be ok (with possibility of transfer cancel in 1 hour - simple security). Of course there's a risk that buyer will not send BTC to the wallet of seller, but getting bad reputation on forum is not worth it (IMHO). And offers can be placed here

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:49:15 PM

I see we need another reminder why requiring Gmail is arbitrary and capricious:

2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/04/technology/security/passwords-stolen/index.html

I hope the hackers dox the living shit out of every bootlicker using Gmail so badly they spend the rest of their lives being unable to reclaim their stolen identities, hounded by creditors and police for debts and crimes falsely attached to them.

Especially the ones signed up for ObamaCare!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Mythoranium

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:36:58 AM

I hope the hackers dox the living shit out of every bootlicker using Gmail so badly they spend the rest of their lives being unable to reclaim their stolen identities, hounded by creditors and police for debts and crimes falsely attached to them.

Did you even read the article you are referring to? It states clearly that the "hack" was performed by infecting PCs with key logger. I suppose everyone here knows what a key logger is - it has nothing to do with the actual services for which the passwords were stolen.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:40:06 AM

Did you even read the article you are referring to? It states clearly that the "hack" was performed by infecting PCs with key logger. I suppose everyone here knows what a key logger is - it has nothing to do with the actual services for which the passwords were stolen.

No I think icebreaker is on to something here. Take a look at my findings:

Keylogger = stolen passwords = gmail uses passwords = google = bad = going to take over world
will

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:06:55 AM

Simon Barber tweeting chip bringup progress at the moment:

https://twitter.com/hashfast
will

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:09:02 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 11:10:28 AM by will

Thank you for coming over to our side of thinking and posting this.

2-factor authentication (2FA) protects against keylogger hacks by effectively changing your password every 60 seconds. So, if you're unknowingly running keylogger software on your PC, your icedrill.io account should still be uncompromised and inaccessible to those hackers. Everything else without 2FA is still at risk to keyloggers though (e.g. Bitcoin-QT).

Small correction here on your notification: Gmail is not a requirement. You can create a Google Account using any email address, and use that to sign in to any service which supports Google's OpenID implementation.

EDIT: I'm still a bit confused by your post. You change your mind (which is obviously in tune with current online security practices) to support the initiative by linking to an example which is clearly covered by our decision, but then state that our decision on this was arbitrary/capricious?

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:46:38 PM

No I think icebreaker is on to something here. Take a look at my findings:

Keylogger = stolen passwords = gmail uses passwords = google = bad = going to take over world

You forgot Obamacare. And while we're at it, maybe throw in a little 9/11-was-an-inside-job conspiracy for kicks.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:09:48 PM

You forgot Obamacare. And while we're at it, maybe throw in a little 9/11-was-an-inside-job conspiracy for kicks.

Hey everybody, canth trusts the government!  Isn't that adorable?  So sweet, so naive.

I never would have guessed canth is a Neocon.  I thought he knew better.   Undecided

Did you sign up for Obamacare canth?  I bet you got the SmartPlatinum IntelliCoverage DoublePlus plan.   Wink

Small correction here on your notification: Gmail is not a requirement. You can MUST create a Google Account using any email address, and use that to sign in to any service which supports Google's OpenID implementation.

Will, sorry for mistakenly objecting to a non-existent Gmail requirement.   Embarrassed

It's actually the mandatory Google Account requirement to which I object.

Thanks for clearing that up.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
hashturbator

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:36:43 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 11:14:02 PM by hashturbator

*bitching*
*moaning*
*bitching and pissing*
*pissing and moaning*
*still bitching, pissing and moaning*

HF has been shitting down our throats with delays, so we'll see fractional returns in relation to what was expected since the opening of the IPO;
Bitfunder closes shop, tanking share price and freezing assets

...and you're pissed off that IceDrill is requiring a Google account to verify share holdings?

Step 1) Take 45 seconds away from this ridiculously petty argument and go register some faux Google account using a VPN and a fake name to prevent Google from destroying your amazing life. I'll help you - just copy/paste:

Name: Bob Van Winkle
Username: iceicebabybreaker
Password: 12345
Then click a few times for birthday and gender, as well as accurately retype the captcha

Step 2) Stop worrying and learn to ALWAYS BET ON iCE, or whatever it is you do.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:28:59 PM

Hey everybody, canth trusts the government!  Isn't that adorable?  So sweet, so naive.

I never would have guessed canth is a Neocon.  I thought he knew better.   Undecided

Did you sign up for Obamacare canth?  I bet you got the SmartPlatinum IntelliCoverage DoublePlus plan.   Wink

I bet you bash your grandmother for being some sort of slob that collects social security, uses medicare or %deity%-forbid, veterans benefits. We're on a cryptocurrency forum...must we debate who trusts the government more or less? I only mentioned it because you brought it up first.

Small correction here on your notification: Gmail is not a requirement. You can MUST create a Google Account using any email address, and use that to sign in to any service which supports Google's OpenID implementation.

Will, sorry for mistakenly objecting to a non-existent Gmail requirement.   Embarrassed

Thanks for clearing that up.

I imagine that you're smart enough to be able to use a google account in a manner that doesn't give away much of any information about yourself...is it really worth the objection?

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:49:38 AM

Will, any update on delivery date?

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:57:58 AM

*bitching*
*moaning*
*bitching and pissing*
*pissing and moaning*
*still bitching, pissing and moaning*

HF has been shitting down our throats with delays, so we'll see fractional returns in relation to what was expected since the opening of the IPO;
Bitfunder closes shop, tanking share price and freezing assets

...and you're pissed off that IceDrill is requiring a Google account to verify share holdings?

Step 1) Take 45 seconds away from this ridiculously petty argument and go register some faux Google account using a VPN and a fake name to prevent Google from destroying your amazing life. I'll help you - just copy/paste:

Name: Bob Van Winkle
Username: iceicebabybreaker
Password: 12345
Then click a few times for birthday and gender, as well as accurately retype the captcha

Step 2) Stop worrying and learn to ALWAYS BET ON iCE, or whatever it is you do.

This was the best post of the year.. that was pro

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: