Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119547 times)
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:47:58 AM

Has anybody asked about escrow for a pre-order?

No escrow. No refunds. No credit cards/paypal. Bitcoin only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:54:05 AM

Has anybody asked about escrow for a pre-order?

No escrow. No refunds. No credit cards/paypal. Bitcoin only.

there will be full refunds available if they fail to deliver by Dec 31.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:54:33 AM

just realizing this whole thing really is buyer beware!

And that's exactly what it is. You "invest" too much and they don't deliver or have delays? You're a goner.

If you do want to preorder a miner, do your own research first (don't listen to bullshit shills and all that) and if you have the money (and it won't be a big deal if it's gone), then I say go for it.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:55:17 AM

They claim they will refund your money if they don't deliver by Dec 31.  However, they haven't explained how exactly they'll be able to afford to do that.

plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:59:37 AM

Yeah it's just their word and it's up to you if anyone wants to trust what they say.

We send them $100 > they use some of it to fund boards/chips/salary. Let's just say $30 is left.

Let's just say the chips did not turn out to be functional or even working. Jan 1st 2014 comes and they got nothing to show.

People start wanting refunds. Now how are they going to do a full refund only when they have $30 in their pockets?
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:01:59 AM

If they ship on the 30th Dec, they don't have to refund.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:03:09 AM

People don't question anything around here. They just see product. Names behind said product. Shills endorsing product. And immediately just starting throw money at them.

No-one even knows what connectivity this miner has or why the photo shows 6 chips instead of 1. How are they going to do a full refund.

How many miners are they planning to build/ship daily from the starting date?

People need to start asking the hard questions. $5K ain't some small money for some.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:09:27 AM

Yeah it's just their word and it's up to you if anyone wants to trust what they say.

We send them $100 > they use some of it to fund boards/chips/salary. Let's just say $30 is left.

Let's just say the chips did not turn out to be functional or even working. Jan 1st 2014 comes and they got nothing to show.

People start wanting refunds. Now how are they going to do a full refund only when they have $30 in their pockets?

Do you guys not realize this is how EVERY ASIC development has been so far? Someone has to foot the bill. BFL did it, Avalon did it, ASICMINER did it, Bitfury did it, ... every other company is trying to do it, (except for maybe labcoin and one or two others- which are not accepting pre-orders minus labcoin.)

What would BFL/Avalon/ASICMINER/Bitfury have done if they failed? They would be screwed in the same way, only having pennies to the dollar left over. The key is assembling or partnering with an experienced team that can get it done.

I don't see what the big deal is. They have an experienced team with expertise to make a product, and we have money to fund their project- without it the project may never get off the ground. In making a pre-order, you are investing in the company you made that pre-order with. Whether they rise to the occasion or fail is unknown as it's in the future. It's up to you whether you want to take that risk. If not, then move on, why do you have to congest the thread for people that might actually be interested.
pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:12:15 AM

People don't question anything around here. They just see product. Names behind said product. Shills endorsing product. And immediately just starting throw money at them.

No-one even knows what connectivity this miner has or why the photo shows 6 chips instead of 1. How are they going to do a full refund.

How many miners are they planning to build/ship daily from the starting date?

People need to start asking the hard questions. $5K ain't some small money for some.

GOOD POINTS!  Considering 550 units this is more like - 2.75 MILLION dollar deal - hopefully these questions can get answered.  Seriously - $5k is real money...

plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:13:35 AM

What would BFL/Avalon/ASICMINER/Bitfury have done if they failed? They would be screwed in the same way, only having pennies to the dollar left over.

So you're saying their "if no miner by Dec 31st 2013 = full refund" is bullshit?

The problem is here people being complacent and not demanding anything. Get some standards people.

Paying $5K and not even getting any answers or the complete specs/timeline/capacities is just bullshit.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:14:51 AM

What would BFL/Avalon/ASICMINER/Bitfury have done if they failed? They would be screwed in the same way, only having pennies to the dollar left over.

So you're saying their "if no miner by Dec 31st 2013 = full refund" is bullshit?

Yes
pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:16:19 AM

Do you guys not realize this is how EVERY ASIC development has been so far? Someone has to foot the bill. BFL did it, Avalon did it, ASICMINER did it, Bitfury did it, ... every other company is trying to do it, (except for maybe labcoin and one or two others- which are not accepting pre-orders minus labcoin.)

What would BFL/Avalon/ASICMINER/Bitfury have done if they failed? They would be screwed in the same way, only having pennies to the dollar left over. The key is assembling or partnering with an experienced team that can get it done.

I don't see what the big deal is. They have an experienced team with expertise to make a product, and we have money to fund their project- without it the project may never get off the ground. In making a pre-order, you are investing in the company you made that pre-order with. Whether they rise to the occasion or fail is unknown as it's in the future. It's up to you whether you want to take that risk. If not, then move on, why do you have to congest the thread for people that might actually be interested.

I'm very interested - I'd just like to know a few more answers before sending another asic company another serious amount of money!  I was ready to buy today until I started reading some of the questions...

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:17:40 AM

Stay Away because they don't have guarantee delivery time and don't have credit card payments option.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:19:49 AM

I don't really have a problem with that "pre-order" method anyway. The biggest problem I have with most of these startup ASIC company is that they're not transparent enough or don't fully give out the whole picture.

You might notice over the last 6 pages there were some questions but they haven't been answered still. Pretty shitty sales service don't you think?

And this is when they're trying their best to suck you in to fund their project. Imagine what happens when they already have the money. Why the fuck they need to keep you up to date on their project. There's no more need to suck up to you.

It's like Avalon. Please guys this product is the best. Please fund us. People send monies. Months later. Minimal products/minimal replies.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:27:37 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 03:00:53 AM by Ytterbium

Yes, and how well has it worked out for customers of BFL? not to mention later Avalon customers?  I think (Although I'm not sure) that Bitfury had sample chips available before they took orders.  

And I also don't remember ASICminer taking pre-orders.  They did an IPO, like ActiveMining, Labcoin and BTCGarden are doing now.

Exactly, except they're claiming they'll refund people's money if they fail, and they need to explain how they'll be able to afford to do that if they do.

The big deal is:

1) they're keeping all the relevant information to themselves.  We don't know how many chips they're planning to produce and sell.  The more they sell, the less profit there is for customers.  Avalon published the number of units they would sell in each batch.  BFL gave no indication at all, not how many units they'd ship or where you would even be in the queue.   Who got a better deal in the end, Avalon B1/B2 customers, or BFL customers?

2) We don't know how well they'll do at actually manufacturing these devices. Avalon was only a little late with it's first batch, a couple months late with it's second, and it's third batch is 3 months late. Users may never see an ROI.  HashFast is pushing most of that risk onto their customers, by refusing to take credit cards and giving themselves an extra 2.25 months that they can be late before they hit the date that they're even supposed to promise to pay customers back.

4) What about other difficulty increases from other competitors?  That's a risk as well.

HashFast is pushing all their risk onto their customers. And yet, if they succeed in raising enough money to go into production, they'll be able to ship their first orders and then immediately start cranking out unlimited numbers of chips that they can either self-mine with or sell at far lower costs in order to reap the vast majority of the profits.

It's all about balance.  Balancing risk and profit between the ASIC makers and the customers.   If they were to lower the price, it would mean reducing the risk for customers while keeping the reward mostly constant. Or, they could accept credit card and reduce risk that way. Or they could take partial payment up front and require the rest when they're ready to ship.

So the basic problem is that in this case it seems like the risk/reward balance is tilted in the direction of the manufacture, making it a bad deal.

Especially with KnC's announcement that devices for November delivery will cost less then $5k.  That would be a much better deal.

qnosh

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:57:14 AM

"if no miner shipped by Dec 31st 2013 they will refund" .Are u out of  ur mind ,it gona be too late for a decent ROI and could be a high risky .If HashFast promise they will ship by the end of 1st of Nov .then that will make sense for buyers.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:03:32 AM

No, there will be no refund.
Check the ToS, it's obvious.

And it is why they don't answer to my 3rd QUESTION.

Edit : As a side note, they haven't replied to the first one, either.  Embarrassed

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:13:20 AM

Do not listen to cypherdoc. He is a shill.

If you want any answers? You'd want to hear it straight the hashfast guys.
cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 05:18:15 AM

Now since the only payment option is in BTC Will I get the same ammount of BTC back should you fail to deliver by December 31st?

Or are you going to pull BFL and give refunds at exchange equivalent to USD/BTC indexed to the current fiat price per unit?

Maybe I am too paranoid but I get a feeling this is another company that will take preorders hedging on BTC to rise by the deadline and gladly refund any customer while constantly pumping empty promises and fake news.

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:59:57 AM

Do not listen to cypherdoc. He is a shill.

If you want any answers? You'd want to hear it straight the hashfast guys.

He is definitely a shill
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: