Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119547 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:11:02 PM

These guys certainly try to be the leader. Shipping is prohibitive for buying one (I live in EU). There is always IceDrill as a lower cost alternative...

Maybe someone provides hosting with these?

Cypherdoc if I order one can you provide hosting? Fee negotiable..

i don't know.  i'd have to think about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
4_skin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:13:30 AM

These guys certainly try to be the leader. Shipping is prohibitive for buying one (I live in EU). There is always IceDrill as a lower cost alternative...

isn't that what icedrill is doing?
MadHasher

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:14:53 PM

Come on people, either these guys have a very bad PR or this is a scam. If you think anyone not IBM, Intel or another big player can deliver one chip that can use up to 300W in power, you're delusional. And even them would never do such thing if not for experimental purposes (if even viable for that).

TDP of a 7970 is 250W+  ...  Just sayin'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_7000_Series#Radeon_HD_7900

And that is a lot more than just a chip. The RAM and VRMs on these things take a good amount with it. You also should know there is a huge difference in both yields and cooling something that is <200W and one that pushes through 300W or more. Same reason why you see Intel having high-end chips at 130W+ but not much more than that.

You do know a Bitcoin ASIC (any ASIC) is going to have heat load off the chip too right? No ASIC runs as 12V so you are talking about so pretty "beefy" DC to DC converters.  Not sure why people assume xW at the wall would mean xW at the chip.

Yes. Also, a smaller company being able to pull even a 100W chip with decent yields is a long shot.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:33:20 PM

Not exactly, most of the coins mined go back for more hardware...
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:24:47 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 12:48:28 AM by DyslexicZombei

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your efforts to help develop the BTC economy. After a lot of thought, I'm leaning towards your company for my final 2013 pre-order.

John K. has agreed, in principle, to hold in escrow my BTC for ~20% of a Group Buy - and the group funds I'm organizing - to purchase 1 unit from either HashFast, CoinTerra, or some darkhorse that magically has powerful ASIC hardware on the shelf at similar or better prices (ex. KnC/BF at even lower prices). If HashFast continues to show good progress I intend to offer the best pre-order + hosting offer anywhere pre-escrowed by JK & backed by your MPP. The proposed GB setup will offer owners the best value and the best dual protection plan to be found anywhere.

At an additional fee, his escrow service will order and have the miner shipped to a trusted 3rd party hosting location and will oversee that miners get paid out fairly & on-time. I've offered him or an intermediary co-admin rights on the miner for auditing purposes. I'm also offering admin rights to AM1/100 shares which will be held as collateral for 2-3 months of miner payouts.

John K.'s exact words upon reading my pre-escrowed plan: "I've read a lot of proposals for group buys at this point, and I must say that yours came across as one of the best written and thought out. Wink "

This type of group buying is exactly what ASIC mfgs. are driving us towards. This is the lengths that I have to go thru in order to get access to the best values and best hardware. Us little guys who are the ones that help keep the network running will have no other way to compete except for group buys and mining shares. Not sure if you foresaw that when you wrote your paper.  Grin

I'm trying to get hosting pricing as electricity is too exp. in my home state of Hawaii (yeah, poor lil me). You mentioned power specs but hosting services charge by the RU size.

Nitpick from a fellow prototype IT HW designer colleague: Judging by concept pics offered on your site, it appears to be not rackmountable, at the moment, which I think is a design mistake, if so. If you can build it with integrated rails, that would be ideal. I prefer the tower form factor for best cooling when designing my gaming rigs but for people trying to mount multiple units on a rack or in a server room somewhere, having a bunch of Towers to service is not ideal (at least from this server ninja's exp.).

Can you give us some rough size estimate? People need this info for calculating hosting costs vs. self-hosting.

Is this considered a Mid Tower or a Full Tower?

Thanks & GL with your product launch!

TL;DR: It's too hard to keep up with net. difficulty without Group Buys or mining shares. Also, the tower needs to be mountable on racks.
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:49:50 AM

No More Group Buy. Stay Away
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:22:56 AM

anyone notice anything new on the site? Smiley
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:30:25 AM

No More Group Buy. Stay Away

I share your concerns about group buy risks. The GB I have in mind will have pre-escrow protection to handle funds, miner payouts, ordering details, and if necessary, refunds. HF's MPP helps to hedge against delays if they're legit. Just about finishing up the last details.
yottahash

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:16:11 AM

Baby Jet product page updated just now:
  • Wording changed from "Shipments begin October 20-30" to "Shipments anticipated to begin: October 20-30"
  • The stock count just jumped around 100!  Shocked
  • New single chip mock-up image

Stock count jumping was either HF testing the shopping cart and using up sales 100 times, or upping their first batch from 550 to 650 units...

Before:
http://i43.tinypic.com/v8kacy.jpg

After:
http://i42.tinypic.com/351cqxx.jpg
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:21:36 AM

Yeah, that ain't nice. Shows some hedging.  Angry
AsicShill

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:23:21 AM

I think we all "anticipated" it would be a long shot that they would start shipping at the end of October.

Now it seems that they have come to the same conclusion.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 02:39:18 AM

It's actually better that they say "Anticipated", since saying otherwise implies they are certain about it, when in fact their guarantee only kicks in by the end of December.

Amy Woodward

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:56:00 AM

• Wording changed from "Shipments begin October 20-30" to "Shipments anticipated to begin: October 20-30"

Stock count jumping was either HF testing the shopping cart and using up sales 100 times, or upping their first batch from 550 to 650 units...

Stock count: it's related to the testing scenario you mention.

There was a period where the website shop was live but hidden, and we were simultaneously doing manual sales. I reduced the "inventory" available online so that we had a pool for manual sales. Didn't want to risk selling the same units twice. Now we've put those units back in the pool.

So to confirm: We are selling a total of 550 Baby Jets.

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering
HashFast

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:59:51 AM

I can honestly say that I'm not happy about the wording change to "anticipated" - Sigh.

Since they won't give refunds until January, they actually anticipate to ship well past October.

Buy & Hold
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:06:11 AM

Stock count: it's related to the testing scenario you mention.

There was a period where the website shop was live but hidden, and we were simultaneously doing manual sales. I reduced the "inventory" available online so that we had a pool for manual sales. Didn't want to risk selling the same units twice. Now we've put those units back in the pool.

So to confirm: We are selling a total of 550 Baby Jets.

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering
HashFast

Amy,

Please reply to my unanswered emails (TeamRedditMining @gmail).

Thanks,
WH

are you sending emails to support@hashfast.com?
Amy Woodward

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:27:02 AM

Amy,

Thanks,
WH

Hi WH,

We confirmed your order yesterday. We also confirmed that your place in our order chain would be honored from your initial attempt, last Friday. That seemed only fair since our site's issues last week had foiled your initial purchase attempt. 

In addition you were told:

> "We will be sending out a formal order confirmation today."

That was yesterday. And as you noted, your request for more information, today, has not been responded to.

I'm not sure what happened there. But I'm having someone from the sales team look into your case right now. You should be contacted shortly.

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering
HashFast

trichome

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:28:22 AM

Amy,

Thanks,
WH

Hi WH,

We confirmed your order yesterday. We also confirmed that your place in our order chain would be honored from your initial attempt, last Friday. That seemed only fair since our site's issues last week had foiled your initial purchase attempt. 

In addition you were told:

> "We will be sending out a formal order confirmation today."

That was yesterday. And as you noted, your request for more information, today, has not been responded to.

I'm not sure what happened there. But I'm having someone from the sales team look into your case right now. You should be contacted shortly.

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering
HashFast

Amy,

Thank you for the reply and for the status update regarding my orders. I also received your email with an update to the above, so thank you again for that.

It looks like everything should be getting squared away now, I (along with other people with $ invested) hate leaving things in limbo.

I have also just been contacted from Samantha also addressing the above issues so it is good to know that my concerns/problems are also yours.

Happier now,
WH

just waiting for your scam thread....
gafter

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:01:41 AM

Order sequence to be posted publicly, sans private information

Please identify where this information is posted.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:19:50 AM

Not exactly, most of the coins mined go back for more hardware...
In fact it is the 25% - the other 75% goes to shareholders.
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 07:31:20 AM

Nice catch and good eye! I wasn't sure if I had seen that jump or if I've just been starring at too many numbers all day  Huh

I can honestly say that I'm not happy about the wording change to "anticipated" - Sigh.

it reminds me BFL, 2 months or more Smiley
now 317 in stock
are they manipulating numbers ?
i have seen on screenshoot about 200

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: