Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:20:54 AM

I don't think it is two radiators

It is row of pusher 4 fans  ---> radiator ---> row of 4 puller fans.  Now at this point air pressure is going to be no existent so there are an additional 3 booster fans to increase air velocity over the boards.

Only 1 radiator and 3 rows of fans.   Then again we are looking at a crude schematic so who knows.  It would be good for HF to clarify the intended design.

You're correct, I am mistaken.  Thanks for pointing that out.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:22:25 AM

However, it then raises the question of why the render shows the radiators mounted in the front.
Who says they're at the front? Other than thats where the rack ears are mounted it looks like could go either way.  In a lot of facilities its now preferable to have all the cabling on one side in any case.

I don't follow.  Are you saying that you feel it's plausible that they've designed the unit to have all cabling exiting at the front and simply have the ears in the wrong location?
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:28:31 AM

FYI to all, 3 day sale is on now at HashFast.. get great discounts on the popular Baby Jet and Sierra.. check the site now for the prices!

https://hashfast.com
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:34:05 AM

FYI to all, 3 day sale is on now at HashFast.. get great discounts on the popular Baby Jet and Sierra.. check the site now for the prices!

https://hashfast.com

I was looking at the Sierras.  Possibly you know of the details surrounding the 1U control unit?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:35:53 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 02:52:33 AM by DeathAndTaxes

However, it then raises the question of why the render shows the radiators mounted in the front.
Who says they're at the front? Other than thats where the rack ears are mounted it looks like could go either way.  In a lot of facilities its now preferable to have all the cabling on one side in any case.

Well that is possible although unless they are using some custom 1U reverse flow PSU, the PSU would still have the airflow in the wrong direction.   Just about any case can be installed in either direction but finding a PSU which intakes out the "back" is going to be tough.  Also the design really wouldn't make sense reversed.  You would have no intake fans and all 11 fans AFTER the obstruction of the boards.  Anything is possibly but occam's razoe an all that.

For those wondering what the hell we are talking about here is a mockup of the server.

Note I have no idea what the final unit will look like but looking at the photo "as is" the most plausible scenario is that the edge with the rack ears is the "front", airflow is front to back (in photo above it would be bottom to top) and goes:

font edge (cool aisle) -> 4 pusher fans -> radiator -> 4 puller fans -> 3 midplane fans ->  3 modules  on left + PSU on right -> back edge (hot aisle)

Maybe the description is right but the mockup doesn't match the description.  For the record I really doubt HF had either the case or power supply custom fabricated.  My guess is it is an OEM 2U "deep" (~30" comparing length to board) case and PSU.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:43:23 AM

For the record I really doubt HF had either the case or power supply custom fabricated.  My guess is it is an OEM 2U "deep" (~30" comparing length to board) case and PSU.

This is my thought as well.
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:49:24 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 03:45:23 AM by DyslexicZombei

For those that haven't heard: There's a Flash Sale on HashFast Batch 2 units, estimated delivery Dec. 1 for Express delivery.

I'm co-hosting a Group Buy on the GB forum for the flash sale if anyone's interested. It's my 3rd GB in about 5 weeks+ for about $18.5K worth of sales or pre-sales on the GB forum. Looks like we have until Monday to get an order in.

Fortunately, we already have almost 60% of the at-cost shares soft reserved that are needed for this GB to succeed. If you want to take advantage of a HashFast GB that buys a MPP Sierra at $10,800 + est. 20-30 minute UPS/Battery Backup for minor outages, voltage sags and spikes. bobsag3 is the primary intended hosting site/Round 3 co-op member who has a 120A generator in a building that's business insured and capable of 400A of power. Hosting is a world lowest hosting fee of 2.75% Hosting/Management fees with backup host sites available.

HashFast will ship 2-4X our HashRate if we don't meet ROI + you've got the ultra lowest hosting costs available at a double vetted and insured miner host who operates as a business + we intend to sell this unit at around the 5-7 month mark when 90% of est. annual ROI is retained at only about the half year mark to recoup investment costs.

Please PM me if you have questions. Remember these are *at-cost* shares: as if you were buying them yourself. Thanks!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299171.0

This cooperative is run as a representative democracy with openness and transparency in all major decisions and payouts.

EDIT: Thank you to user dropt who pointed out the requirement for the 1U unit! Share prices *will* be adjusted accordingly, slightly.

Thanks dropt!
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:02:54 PM

For those that haven't heard: There's a Flash Sale on HashFast Batch 2 units, estimated delivery Dec. 1 for Express delivery.

That sounds unfair for those who ordered on the 9th of October at the full price for a Sierra unit in the second batch...

Do we get some kind of compensation?
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:15:04 PM

That sounds unfair for those who ordered on the 9th of October at the full price for a Sierra unit in the second batch...

And I also think that is pretty unfair for those with a babyjet batch 1 customers. By the same price we purchased a babyjet you can buy now a sierra with 3 times more hashing power and just 1 month delay of shipping, which I think that in the end will be less time. I really think that HF should take care more about this first batch customers and the people who already bought a sierra without a discount that got enough reasons to be angry, than for selling more and more units.

I still don't know what they are going to do when a customer gets his unit shipped 1 week later than previous customers in the order queue for example and has the right to apply the MPP because he hasn't reach the ROI by a few BTC and the previous customers don't get the chips. Or if you have and international delivery and it takes 15-20 days to arrive what happens then ? Do they count as mining days ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:18:53 PM

I'd guess we won't see the 2nd batch until December at the soonest unless there are no respins and the board production goes incredibly smoothly

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Simon Barber (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:05:30 AM

Also, the description claims a back mounted radiator but the render shows them as front mounted (drenching the modules in hot air).  Any clarification from Hashfast as to why the render doesn't match the description, or more importantly, which orientation is the intended design?

Not speaking for hashfast but for rackmount servers airflow always has to be front to back without exception.  A datacenter is going to use hot and cold aisles and they aren't going to reverse the flow on an entire row of racks (up to 400 servers) to accommodate a special request.

So either HF would need to put the modules up front or the airflow will be radiator first.  My guess is they have no choice but to have radiator up front because 2U is only 3.5" high that probably means the radiator is no more than ~3" tall.   A 19" case is ~17.5 wide but putting it in the back means losing 4" of width to the PSU.  Not sure a 13" by 3" radiator is up to the task of dumping 750W. 

Still your right the photo seems to directly contradict the description.

The airflow is front to back - the push/pull fan configuration moves so much air that the temps in the box are kept reasonable. The coldest air hits the rad first, which is where it's needed to keep the chip temperature low. Also it's not possible to put the rad at the back of the box, since the PSU has to go along the side and reach the back - would mean a narrower rad, with lower capacity.
Simon Barber (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:06:51 AM

And I also think that is pretty unfair for those with a babyjet batch 1 customers. By the same price we purchased a babyjet you can buy now a sierra with 3 times more hashing power and just 1 month delay of shipping, which I think that in the end will be less time. I really think that HF should take care more about this first batch customers and the people who already bought a sierra without a discount that got enough reasons to be angry, than for selling more and more units.

I still don't know what they are going to do when a customer gets his unit shipped 1 week later than previous customers in the order queue for example and has the right to apply the MPP because he hasn't reach the ROI by a few BTC and the previous customers don't get the chips. Or if you have and international delivery and it takes 15-20 days to arrive what happens then ? Do they count as mining days ?

Look forward to a special promotion just for those first batch customers. Launching soon.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:10:51 AM

Look forward to a special promotion just for those first batch customers. Launching soon.

Even more special than your 3 day sale pricing ?
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:14:38 AM

I hope their promotion is to turn those first batch babyjet units into sierras units somehow, rewarding this customers for the issue of this 3 days special sales

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:40:27 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 02:34:11 PM by -Redacted-

In case no one has noticed - especially batch 1 buyers - given the current rate of change of the difficulty, there is a significant difference in return and the value of  x Gh/s delivered this month, as opposed to x Gh/s delivered a month or more later.
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:59:24 PM

HashFast - I'm trying to participate in this sale, but BitStamp will take 2-5 days to accept US deposits. Is there a way to provide intention to you guys and get the sale price?

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

In case no one has noticed, given the current rate of change of the difficulty, there is a significant difference in return and the value of  x Gh/s delivered this month, as opposed to x Gh/s delivered a month or more later.
Yep. If you actually can get a unit in Oct instead of Nov the profit is vastly greater.
xuemike

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:40:15 PM

Is anyone purchasing the MPP version?

It seems like a pretty good deal to me, unless there is something i'm missing?
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:20:05 PM

Is anyone purchasing the MPP version?

It seems like a pretty good deal to me, unless there is something i'm missing?

You do realize MPP is like shooting yourself in the foot?

If the difficulty rises exponentially with other ASIC companies shipping by March 2014, MPP will contribute even more in difficulty increase.

Bottom line, Its not as appealed as it sounds.

Use genenis block to estimate your ROI wisely. In best case senario, you will make half of your BTC back by March 2014 and full by NOV 2014.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:49:33 PM

HashFast - I'm trying to participate in this sale, but BitStamp will take 2-5 days to accept US deposits. Is there a way to provide intention to you guys and get the sale price?

Read the terms of service.  You can pay later, IIRC it was up to 14 days later, but it may have been moved to 30 days within the date of invoice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: