Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:17:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

HashFast - I'm trying to participate in this sale, but BitStamp will take 2-5 days to accept US deposits. Is there a way to provide intention to you guys and get the sale price?

Read the terms of service.  You can pay later, IIRC it was up to 14 days later, but it may have been moved to 30 days within the date of invoice.

Okay, but when I "checkout" it says i have to pay in an hour or my order is cancelled!

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 05:57:55 PM

HashFast - I'm trying to participate in this sale, but BitStamp will take 2-5 days to accept US deposits. Is there a way to provide intention to you guys and get the sale price?

Read the terms of service.  You can pay later, IIRC it was up to 14 days later, but it may have been moved to 30 days within the date of invoice.

Okay, but when I "checkout" it says i have to pay in an hour or my order is cancelled!

it is cheap sale trick
promotion till tonight
pay or you will be kicked off the line
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:37:32 PM

HURRY HURRY HURRY AND PAY! Delivery is guaranteed by the 28th of February. Roll Eyes

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 08:34:46 PM

HURRY HURRY HURRY AND PAY! Delivery is guaranteed by the 28th of February. Roll Eyes

That's right CX, you need to hurry up and get on the HashFast train before it leaves the station.

HashFast is offering the most bang/buck and you're going to regret mocking them instead of ordering on-sale Sierras.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
creativex

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:42:32 PM

That's right CX, you need to hurry up and get on the HashFast train before it leaves the station.

HashFast is offering the most bang/buck and you're going to regret mocking them instead of ordering on-sale Sierras.

meh.

I'd be all over it if they'd guarantee delivery before January 31, 2014. They do not, so I am not. How about December 15? for a product they claim will be ready in November? How is that asking too much? Why should I be confident in their ability to deliver in a timely fashion if they are not?

Sick to death of these pre-order gimmicks to gather up 0% interest financing all the time. Don't these guys have enough funding YET to produce a product and THEN offer it for sale? They could instantly distinguish themselves by simply behaving like a retailer instead of a vapor peddler.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 08:58:32 PM

meh.

I'd be all over it if they'd guarantee delivery before January 31, 2014. They do not, so I am not. How about December 15? for a product they claim will be ready in November? How is that asking too much? Why should I be confident in their ability to deliver in a timely fashion if they are not?

Sick to death of these pre-order gimmicks to gather up 0% interest financing all the time. Don't these guys have enough funding YET to produce a product and THEN offer it for sale? They could instantly distinguish themselves by simply behaving like a retailer instead of a vapor peddler.

You have to do your own research and make the determination which pre-orders are legit and which are sketchy.

Lumping all ASIC vendors together with BFL and Avalon is lazy, wrong, and hurts your investors.

The evidence that HashFast is miles ahead of the competition is readily available, should you make the effort to peruse it.

Their chips are not vapor, they are currently being deposited layer by layer on a wafers at TSMC and will be ready next month.

Did you miss the thread where cypherdoc dispelled the FUD with a full endorsement?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:16:06 PM

meh.

You have to do your own research and make the determination which pre-orders are legit and which are sketchy.

Lumping all ASIC vendors together with BFL and Avalon is lazy, wrong, and hurts your investors.

The evidence that HashFast is miles ahead of the competition is readily available, should you make the effort to peruse it.

Their chips are not vapor, they are currently being deposited layer by layer on a wafers at TSMC and will be ready next month.

Did you miss the thread where cypherdoc dispelled the FUD with a full endorsement?

indeed.  i have met with them, talked with their engineers, and viewed detailed plans.  they are legit.

while this runup in the hashrate is concerning for everyone including HF, they are furiously working hard to deliver on time.  the chips are indeed being rocketed thru TSMC and should be delivered in October.  

i am excited by the Golden Nonce chip design.  thermal controls will help prevent frying of your investment and the cooling system tests have been very positive.  in fact, initial cooling estimates have been exceeded which should allow overclocking to 500GH/s or beyond.  no promises though, of course.

the thing is, the current pricing is dropping as i predicted a long time ago for asics in general which can only be good for miners.  these prices are extraordinary and i myself may have to order more.  this is going to keep the network decentralized and solo mining still affordable.  once the BTC price starts ascending again, which it will, those asic manufacturers with the most efficient chips are going to cause a shakeout in this industry.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:16:23 PM

Of course they do BUT there is two reasons why pre-orders (by all companies) will continue:

a) A seller which waits 30-90 days to make the sale when the unit is ready risks having the sales lost to OTHER competitors who offer preorders.  Simple version only so much capital will be thrown into hardware this generation and waiting gives the seller absolutely no advantage.  How much hardware will be sold?  I have no clue but obviously that number is finite (in the near term) and every sale counts towards that total. 

b) you probably won't like the available to ship tomorrow prices.   Say you (personally) owned a bitfury 400 GH/s rig and your estimate (based on difficulty growth) is that it will net 120 BTC over the next year.  Would you sell it for less than 120 BTC?  You might discount it to account for the risk (120 BTC in hand is worth more than projected 120 BTC) but the discount likely will be small.  Maybe you would sell 120 BTC future revenue for 100 BTC today but you certainly wouldn't sell it for 50 BTC or 30 BTC.  The same thing will happen with hardware companies.  They can do their own projection.  So say HF has a 100 Sierras lying around in Dec, and they have some smart people run some projections on future earnings, lets say hypothetically they estimate it will net 200 BTC before falling below break even.  Now they probably aren't going to sell it for 200 BTC.  Buyers can do the same projections and likely will pass so they will need to discount it "some" but the idea that they (or anyone) would discount it so much that it would be massively profitable (i.e. pay 20 BTC, get 200 BTC over next 18 months) is illogical.  They could just use them to mine for themselves.

creativex

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:24:46 PM

c) It still works because people continue to foolishly pay months in advance for rapidly depreciating products that don't exist yet.

If this were not the case then the pre-order model would rapidly disappear. Which will happen anyway after enough people are screwed over.

Like I said, I like hashfast's product on paper, I do not like their fine print. Guarantee delivery or give me my money back 15 days after you claim you'll ship it and I'm in. While this looks like a good deal for delivery in November, it will almost surely be a loser if delivered January 27th.

creativex

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:32:51 PM

Who did that? n/m don't bother explaining.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:35:24 PM

c) It still works because people continue to foolishly pay months in advance for rapidly depreciating products that don't exist yet.

If this were not the case then the pre-order model would rapidly disappear.

CX, you keep exaggerating because you can't win this argument based on plain facts.

You've let your butthurt from BFL/Avalon turn you against the most promising new ASIC company before they have a chance to proves themselves better than previous ones.  That's not fair, much less intellectually honest and logical.

The HashFast product exists.  It taped out to TSMC a month ago.  The supporting hardware also exists, being mostly off-the self kit anyone may order from Newegg or Amazon.

You ordered Bitfury based products before they were on the self/ready to ship/in-hand, as you complain ASICminer charges too much for in-stock merchandise.

Your Goldilocks approach to hardware worked well for a brief period, and now it doesn't, as has been reflected in BASIC's share price for weeks now.

You lumped all ASIC vendors together, characterizing their merchandise as "rapidly depreciating products that don't exist yet."

You're painting with too broad a brush, as cypherdoc and I have been trying to explain without success.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:35:55 PM

the thing is, the current pricing is dropping as i predicted a long time ago for asics in general which can only be good for miners.  these prices are extraordinary and i myself may have to order more.  this is going to keep the network decentralized and solo mining still affordable.  once the BTC price starts ascending again, which it will, those asic manufacturers with the most efficient chips are going to cause a shakeout in this industry.

ORLY? You predicted the price of ASICs would drop?  The rest of us were thinking that ASIC prices would skyrocket as the difficulty increased exponentially.  But you actually seen this coming, huh...

Goofball:  Prices falling across the board *neither helps nor hurts decentralization*.  That certainly won't make solo mining possible.  I like your soothsayin' and prognosticatin' about falling chip prices & such, but you sure can't infer your way out of a paper bag.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:43:43 PM

ORLY? You predicted the price of ASICs would drop?  The rest of us were thinking that ASIC prices would skyrocket as the difficulty increased exponentially.  But you actually seen this coming, huh...

as a matter of fact i did.  

many of my subscribers here can attest to that prediction which i've continually stressed ever since the beginning of this race last year.  i'm not surprised you missed it.

point being, this makes it possible for small players to stay in the game, if not for fat profits, at least to support the network.
crumbs

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:48:51 PM

many of my subscribers here can attest to that prediction which i've continually stressed ever since the beginning of this race last year.  i'm not surprised you missed it.

point being, this makes it possible for small players to stay in the game, if not for fat profits, at least to support the network.

Did anyone, and i mean anyone, actually think the ASIC prices would *increase over time*Huh  Who?

And try not to twist your own words, spindoc.  You didn't say hobby mine -- you said "SOLO mine." Angry Cheesy
Edit:  Bold red text, see?
creativex

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:49:21 PM

If this were not the case then the pre-order model would rapidly disappear.

CX, you keep exaggerating because you can't win this argument based on plain facts.

You've let your butthurt from BFL/Avalon turn you against the most promising new ASIC company before they have a chance to proves themselves better than previous ones.  That's not fair, much less intellectually honest and logical.

The HashFast product exists.  It taped out to TSMC a month ago.  The supporting hardware also exists, being mostly off-the self kit anyone may order from Newegg or Amazon.

You ordered Bitfury based products before they were on the self/ready to ship/in-hand, as you complain ASICminer charges too much for in-stock merchandise.

Your Goldilocks approach to hardware worked well for a brief period, and now it doesn't, as has been reflected in BASIC's share price for weeks now.

You lumped all ASIC vendors together, characterizing their merchandise as "rapidly depreciating products that don't exist yet."

You're painting with too broad a brush, as cypherdoc and I have been trying to explain without success.   Undecided

Seriously dood what are you even babbling about? Bitfury *IS* an ASIC vendor. Hashfast is not at this time. You tell me why they aren't comfortable with backing up their own stated timelines. Avalon had actually delivered a product prior to receiving a single coin from me. I've never sent BFL a bitcent, nor will I ever.

If I'd listened to you I'd have sent funds to VMC months ago and have nothing whatsoever to show for it until at least December. You're all over hashfast as your fave of the week, and that's great for you, but I cannot afford to act rashly based on weekly flavor preference.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:50:34 PM

And try not to twist your own words

huh?  this is all you do.
crumbs

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:52:07 PM

huh?  this is all you do.

Did anyone, and i mean anyone, actually think the ASIC prices would *increase over time*Huh  Who?

And try not to twist your own words, spindoc.  You didn't say hobby mine -- you said "SOLO mine." Angry Cheesy
Edit:  Bold red text, see?

crumbs

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:53:56 PM

Note the large, red text above.  That's you.
The small red text are the questions you forgot to answer, spindoc.

Edit:  For those who just tuned in & are asking "WTF?", Cypherdoc is an *admitted Paid Shill for Hashfast*.  Please ask me for proof.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:55:34 PM

huh?  this is all you do.

Edit:  Bold red text, see?

at $6/GH and more likely $4.8/GH i'd say that's pretty affordable.  at least better than anyone else.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:59:17 PM

I will just leave this here so you can see for your self.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/179c8de46b

Even with 4x hashrate from March you will break even around in June 2014 : http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/96b0f483d0

After June 2014, your electrical cost would be higher than your mining earning.

Difficulty increasing rate is set at 80% which is reasonable giving all the 28nm ASICs would be all shipped by December. By March 2014, BFL Monarch will be out and another big jump in difficulty again.

Its not a wise investment at this point.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: