Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:55:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:50:55 AM

So they plan to receive the chips by 17, but they also have to assenbly each unit, test them and send to the customer. How many units HF estimate to be able to assenbly and ship each day ?

Thanks for the updates  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:50:22 AM

KNC is scheduled to ship October 15. any delays and we have a chance. Even if they aren't, we're not that far behind.  

KNC is scheduled to ship *now*, and has assembled boards.  Stop lying, pl0x. Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:45:59 PM

KNC is scheduled to ship October 15. any delays and we have a chance. Even if they aren't, we're not that far behind.  

KNC is scheduled to ship *now*, and has assembled boards.  Stop lying, pl0x. Smiley

going off this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303037.0
crumbs

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:53:28 PM

going off this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303037.0

In that case, please accept my apologies and this retraction.  Make it "stop being grossly misinformed & spreading bad info, pl0x."
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:59:43 PM

So now that it looks like KNC has a miner and starts shipping the coming hours/days you just switch the threads and start to fuck this thread up?

And for the top of it you are seriously trolling this thread with pictures from KNC after telling KNC for months that they will fail?!

Just piss off dude.

crumbs

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:16:11 PM

So now that it looks like KNC has a miner and starts shipping the coming hours/days you just switch the threads and start to fuck this thread up?

And for the top of it you are seriously trolling this thread with pictures from KNC after telling KNC for months that they will fail?!

Just piss off dude.

Don't be mad, bro -- i responded to Cypherdoc's disinformation campaign by correcting him.
I have initiated constructive discourse with Cypherdoc when he announced his placement as a paid Hashfast shill -- nothing to see here.
Carry on with your business, citizen.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:31:50 PM

Just piss off dude.

Don't be mad, bro -- i responded to Cypherdoc's disinformation campaign by correcting him.
I have initiated constructive discourse with Cypherdoc when he announced his placement as a paid Hashfast shill -- nothing to see here.

they are "scheduled" to ship now but they have not "actually shipped". 

there are lots of us besides me who think it will be 2 wks to shipment.  nothing wrong with that.  and that is apparently what Cyper was told.

just sayin.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:33:08 PM

Now if they would just take Paypal...
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:36:56 PM

Just piss off dude.

judging from the color of this guys ignore link.. and what you just said..  I will take advantage of the iggy feature!

btw.. does the ignore link color continue to darken until it is black?? Smiley

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
crumbs

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

Just piss off dude.

there are lots of us besides me who think it will be 2 wks to shipment.  nothing wrong with that.  and that is apparently what Cyper was told.

just sayin.

I don't think they'll ship today either.  Of course, we're not talking about the actual shipping dates here, allow me to quote you:
Quote from: Cypherdoc

I hope you're not implying that Hashfast is more likely to stay on schedule than KNC?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:05:27 PM

Just piss off dude.

there are lots of us besides me who think it will be 2 wks to shipment.  nothing wrong with that.  and that is apparently what Cyper was told.

just sayin.

I don't think they'll ship today either.  Of course, we're not talking about the actual shipping dates here, allow me to quote you:
Quote from: Cypherdoc

I hope you're not implying that Hashfast is more likely to stay on schedule than KNC?

by the letter of the word, you are correct. 

maybe i should have said "projected" to ship by Oct 15.

and yes, i have no idea if HF will be able to stay more on schedule than KNC.  there is a chance though and it's seems clear the windows of time btwn the 2 have narrowed.

one other thing of positive note.  i spoke to Eduardo last night and all materials for Batch 1 have been paid for.  not only that, he told me wafers for Batch 2 have been ordered and paid for.  and the big one is this:  the 5x MPP wafers have been ordered and paid for based upon the assumption that MPP will kick in in 3 mo.  so it looks like Batch 1 owners can expect to receive 5x their hashing power in free chips as promised.
crumbs

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:16:56 PM

...one other thing of positive note.  i spoke to Eduardo last night and all materials for Batch 1 have been paid for.  not only that, he told me wafers for Batch 2 have been ordered and paid for.  and the big one is this:  the 5x MPP wafers have been ordered and paid for based upon the assumption that MPP will kick in in 3 mo.  so it looks like Batch 1 owners can expect to receive 5x their hashing power in free chips as promised.

TL;DR:  Hashfast promises it won't break original promise.  Color me reassured Smiley

Edit:

You should have said "some guy said they won't ship for a week or two."  That would be accurate.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 08:09:29 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 08:21:44 PM by iCEBREAKER

...one other thing of positive note.  i spoke to Eduardo last night and all materials for Batch 1 have been paid for.  not only that, he told me wafers for Batch 2 have been ordered and paid for.  and the big one is this:  the 5x MPP wafers have been ordered and paid for based upon the assumption that MPP will kick in in 3 mo.  so it looks like Batch 1 owners can expect to receive 5x their hashing power in free chips as promised.

TL;DR:  Hashfast promises it won't break original promise.  Color me reassured Smiley

Edit:

You should have said "some guy said they won't ship for a week or two."  That would be accurate.

Having the MPP wafers on order is much more than HF making a hollow promise.

That order represents a concrete asset which will be distributed to MPP customers if needed.

Promises are cheap and easy.  Five 28nm wafers are expensive and very hard to make.  

Big difference between Blind Faith and 'Trust but Verify.'

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:17:47 PM

Guys KNC will obviously ship in the next few weeks, HF will have their chips and go though a similar process.. of course it all takes time and it all begins when the chips are in hand!  I will have both a KNC and Baby Jet and be happily hashing away ..

Lets just remember BFL fiasco.. Just 2 more weeks crap!

crumbs

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:39:20 PM

Edit:

You should have said "some guy said they won't ship for a week or two."  That would be accurate.

Having the MPP wafers on order is much more than HF keeping their promise.

That order represents a concrete asset which will be distributed to MPP customers if needed.

Promises are cheap and easy.  Five 28nm wafers are expensive and very hard to make.  

My understanding thus far (please correct me when i stray):
- Batch two wafers are identical to batch one wafers.
- I can not verify that the batch one wafers were "bought and paid for."  This also holds for batch two wafers.
- If extra five wafers were ordered for the second batch [feel free to offer the sum total here], i can not verify that those five wafers won't be packaged & sold.
- Or mined with by Hasfast.*
- Or mined with by IceDrill.*
In short, nothing here is verifiable.  Only a new promise to keep an old promise -- adding little substance.

*If i understand it correctly, Hashfast chips are either socketed or ship mounted on a socketed subassembly?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 09:54:32 PM

Edit:

Having the MPP wafers on order is much more than HF keeping their promise.

My understanding thus far (please correct me when i stray):
- Batch two wafers are identical to batch one wafers.
- I can not verify that the batch one wafers were "bought and paid for."  This also holds for batch two wafers.
- If extra five wafers were ordered for the second batch [feel free to offer the sum total here], i can not verify that those five wafers won't be packaged & sold.
- Or mined with by Hasfast.*
- Or mined with by IceDrill.*
In short, nothing here is verifiable.  Only a new promise to keep an old promise -- adding little substance.

*If i understand it correctly, Hashfast chips are either socketed or ship mounted on a socketed subassembly?

Chips are shipped mounted on a module with their secondary (post-ATX) power supply, AFAIK.

You may verify the chips exist by reading the press releases about TSMC, Uniquify, etc.

Forum members have attended in-person office visits as well.

cypherdoc would not endorse a scam, he's one of the most reputable folks round these here Bitcoin parts!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

If i understand it correctly, Hashfast chips are either socketed or ship mounted on a socketed subassembly?

They are not socketed.   Similar to KNC and Bitfury you have a single host connected to one or more boards.   With Bitfury each board consists of 16 chips with KNC and HF (and likely Cointerra) each board consists of one chip.
crumbs

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:41:41 PM

If i understand it correctly, Hashfast chips are either socketed or ship mounted on a socketed subassembly?

They are not socketed.   Similar to KNC and Bitfury you have a single host connected to one or more boards.   With Bitfury each board consists of 16 chips with KNC and HF (and likely Cointerra) each board consists of one chip.

Oh, thanks -- i remember mention of the Baby Jet (sorry) being expandable by one chip, and just assumed that to mean "socketed chips."  I guess it's just an available controller port Sad

Edit:  Or are they offering the chips already mounted (as completed modules) in their MPP?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:53:28 PM

Or are they offering the chips already mounted (as completed modules) in their MPP?

No.  Well I assume they will make an "upgrade" available but the MPP is for raw chips.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:28:40 PM

Update:

Good News!  HashFast will be announcing Contact imminently.

Please check the HashFast Blog for more information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: