Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:46:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:04:39 PM

HashFast have the final PCB been produced?  If so can we see some photos?  
I am interested in final dimensions, locations of power connectors, etc.

I asked the same some time ago and they told me that they will be back with them. It's been quite long since them to take some fast photos...

Even the webmaster of HF posted this some time ago:

Ya cant wait to post some modular boards and just board stuff in general ! Smiley

Still waiting...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:43:57 AM

CIARA ramping up yet?
All those exclusive seasonics psu hand delivered by Vinny Chang yet?

Next weekend we'll probably be at 340mil diff

DO you know where your ROI is?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:00:37 AM

CIARA ramping up yet?
All those exclusive seasonics psu hand delivered by Vinny Chang yet?

DO you know where your ROI is?

So you want me to go back to posting in your  KNC thread?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:16:05 AM

KNC took their lumps, not sure what else you can say there.

But I think you might have a sore spot here if nothing shows up by next weekend

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:26:42 AM

why is it so hard to believe that they are going to be late due to circumstances out of their control?  which company, including KNC, delivered on time?

as i said before, i should be the one upset as an order holder in HF.  what's your beef?

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:51:42 AM

which company, including KNC, delivered on time?

Bitfury.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:05:21 PM

why is it so hard to believe that they are going to be late due to circumstances out of their control?  which company, including KNC, delivered on time?

as i said before, i should be the one upset as an order holder in HF.  what's your beef?

The thing is, as Amy helpfully pointed out, the delays are not due to silicon.  In other words, they've failed with some other aspect of design or failed in some other equally lulworthy way, like designing their boards around parts they're unable to source.  Imagine if KNC delayed shipping because the standoffs on their cases didn't line up with the holes in the boards, or the screws they ordered had the wrong thread pitch Shocked  It's *THAT* sort of incompetence we're talking about.  

As far as you having more cause to be upset?  Sure.  Though it's as satisfying as seing a used car salesman getting stuck with one of the lemons he tried to push Cheesy
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:11:01 PM

why is it so hard to believe that they are going to be late due to circumstances out of their control?  which company, including KNC, delivered on time?

as i said before, i should be the one upset as an order holder in HF.  what's your beef?

The thing is, as Amy helpfully pointed out, the delays are not due to silicon.  In other words, they've failed with some other aspect of design or failed in some other equally lulworthy way, like designing their boards around parts they're unable to source.  Imagine if KNC delayed shipping because the standoffs on their cases didn't line up with the holes in the boards, or the screws they ordered had the wrong thread pitch Shocked  It's *THAT* sort of incompetence we're talking about.  

As far as you having more cause to be upset?  Sure.  Though it's as satisfying as seing a used car salesman getting stuck with one of the lemons he tried to push Cheesy

AFAIK it is a supplier that is having the difficulty delivering as per their projected time line.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:23:15 PM

AFAIK it is a supplier that is having the difficulty delivering as per their projected time line.

With difficulty climbing the way it is, finding out that your supplier can't deliver is like being wheeled into an emergency room & finding out that the doctors haven't been hired yet Cheesy  What would you say if KNC had everything ready & failed to ship on time because their case supplier didn't ship?  What kind of a n00b mistake is that?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:31:33 PM

What exactly are they trying to acquire from that supplier?

pwnyboy

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:11:39 PM

What exactly are they trying to acquire from that supplier?

There's been no official statement.  I made the leap, previously in this thread, that it could've been something as stupid as PSUs.  But they won't tell us.  It would certainly stand to reason, since they're apparently using a one-off run of Seasonics with a reversed fan in the newly-designed Sierras.

How about it Hashfast?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:57:33 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 04:27:30 AM by DeathAndTaxes

It would certainly stand to reason, since they're apparently using a one-off run of Seasonics with a reversed fan in the newly-designed Sierras.

Unsubstantiated claims. 

HF reported signing a deal with SeaSonic.  The deal said nothing about a custom run.
Some people have speculated the PSU fan operates in reverse.  HF hasn't stated that.

Extremely likely the PSU are the same exact SeaSonic models you can buy from newegg.
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:06:43 AM

Ok, well. It's now October 20th, the lower end of the shipping range they promised and we haven't heard of any shipments coming this week. So it seems that they will start shipping at the last minute of October 31st, which is a full difficulty jump that could make or break ROI.
Geo_log

Activity: 505
Merit: 512

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:34:41 AM

- 400mil, actually.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:46:33 AM

- 400mil, actually.

Not sure if a 50% jump would be within the rules of the Bitcoin Network, because those 2016 (2015) blocks would just breeze through.

This value looks a bit high: http://blockexplorer.com/q/estimate

How about Next difficulty (estimate): 285,052,471 (+6%)

http://bitcoindifficulty.com/
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:51:54 AM

- 400mil, actually.

Not sure if a 50% jump would be within the rules of the Bitcoin Network, because those 2016 (2015) blocks would just breeze through.

http://bitcoin difficulty.com/

That site just pulls data from dot-bit page which is down. You can refresh it all day, it wont update. MOreover they pull that data from dot-bit without attribution, then put a banner add on it for their own profit. Please delete that bookmark, and add these;

http://dot-bit.org/tools/nextDifficulty.php (currently down)
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty (Estimated Next Difficulty:   401,706,911 (+50.04%))

And yes lol, 50% is within the rules. 400% is the limit I believe, and has been reached before.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:07:14 AM

And yes lol, 50% is within the rules. 400% is the limit I believe, and has been reached before.

Wow. We're fucked.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:06:15 PM

- 400mil, actually.

http://bitcoin difficulty.com/

That site just pulls data from dot-bit page which is down. You can refresh it all day, it wont update. MOreover they pull that data from dot-bit without attribution, then put a banner add on it for their own profit. Please delete that bookmark, and add these;

http://dot-bit.org/tools/nextDifficulty.php (currently down)
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty (Estimated Next Difficulty:   401,706,911 (+50.04%))

I don't think that bitcoinwisdom page is accurate. http://blockexplorer.com/q/estimate has been far more accurate. Not sure what method they are using to calculate it.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:36:55 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 08:51:51 PM by Puppet

Blockexplorer and allchains.info just do linear extrapolation. When there is a constant growth (exponential increase), they always understate the change. Just keep an eye on them, day after day (assuming the growth keeps up) you will see their estimate go up and eventually it will reach close to what dot-bit and bcw have said all along.

IM not entirely sure how dot-bit and bitcoinwisdom do their calculation, but they have been quite correct the last few changes I checked, even from an early stage. IN fact bitcoinwisdom even charts their past prediction and how it evolved (second chart, green line), and thats usually a fairly straight line, meaning, virtually no change in their prediction.

For the historical record, right now blockexplorer predicts 361169157, bcw predicts 402,822,686.
May the best one win Smiley
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:24:42 PM

Blockexplorer and allchains.info just do linear extrapolation. When there is a constant growth (exponential increase), they always understate the change. Just keep an eye on them, day after day (assuming the growth keeps up) you will see their estimate go up and eventually it will reach close to what dot-bit and bcw have said all along.

IM not entirely sure how dot-bit and bitcoinwisdom do their calculation, but they have been quite correct the last few changes I checked, even from an early stage. IN fact bitcoinwisdom even charts their past prediction and how it evolved (second chart, green line), and thats usually a fairly straight line, meaning, virtually no change in their prediction.

For the historical record, right now blockchain predicts 361169157, bcw predicts 402,822,686.
May the best one win Smiley

I'd rather take the one that is more accurate as of now and make my own extrapolations on how it will evolve. I realize it will likely be higher than 361 since KNC and others are still shipping and I'm taking that into account. bcw would have no way of knowing if they suddenly stopped though and the rate wasn't going to continue to rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: