Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:04:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
Supercomputing

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:04:15 PM

Hi all,

We have just posted a new blog with updated shipping information: https://hashfast.com/?p=2445&preview=true.

Cheers,

HashFast Team

I am a little bit confused, how is this news? Saying that you are going to be late when it is so obvious.

The reason why you are late is irrelevant; what is stopping you from making up any reason for being late?

Well, then again, you are ahead of schedule after reading your Terms of Sale:

All Sierra units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by January 31, 2014

Hmmm, November pricing for January delivery. KnCMiner is turning out to be a much better option.

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:19:07 PM

Since the start, HashFast has been unequivocally committed to the idea that we will produce the highest quality product.

Beware ASIC vendors who are unequivocal. Ask Josh.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

Hi all,

We have just posted a new blog with updated shipping information: https://hashfast.com/?p=2445&preview=true.

Cheers,

HashFast Team

I am a little bit confused, how is this news? Saying that you are going to be late when it is so obvious.

The reason why you are late is irrelevant; what is stopping you from making up any reason for being late?

Well, then again, you are ahead of schedule after reading your Terms of Sale:

All Sierra units from Hashfast’s second production batch are guaranteed for delivery by January 31, 2014

Hmmm, November pricing for January delivery. KnCMiner is turning out to be a much better option.

Neither is a good option to be honest.  The difficulty will be 420m on Oct 26th.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:30:13 PM

TL;DR hashhast batch 1 customers will probably have to endure 3 more difficulty adjustments before mining a single satoshi, and are officially screwed.

If it's 2 weeks late, that's probably a difference of 5-8 BTC or so per BabyJet. Profitability all depends on precisely how the MPP is executed (eg, how many extra chips, exactly when they'll ship, whether they ship to the entire batch all at once, whether customers will have to bear the costs of the additional chassis for chips 3-4, etc...).

It's incorrect to conclude that batch-1 customers are "officially screwed" without knowing these details (but maybe I missed them somewhere... links if so, please).

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:48:21 AM

TL;DR hashhast batch 1 customers will probably have to endure 3 more difficulty adjustments before mining a single satoshi, and are officially screwed.

If it's 2 weeks late, that's probably a difference of 5-8 BTC or so per BabyJet. Profitability all depends on precisely how the MPP is executed (eg, how many extra chips, exactly when they'll ship, whether they ship to the entire batch all at once, whether customers will have to bear the costs of the additional chassis for chips 3-4, etc...).

It's incorrect to conclude that batch-1 customers are "officially screwed" without knowing these details (but maybe I missed them somewhere... links if so, please).

https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/

What if a super-duper Exa-hash machine shows up? 

The MPP coverage extends to up to 400% of the capacity purchased. For a Baby Jet, with a nominal 400 Ghash/s capacity, the MPP is limited to sending an additional 1.6 Terrahash/s of additional ASIC hashing capacity, for a total of 2 Terahashes!

How many Extra Chips?

Up to 400% Capacity Purchased, so 4 "Chips".

https://hashfast.com/official-update-on-the-miner-protection-program/

We have received such a  positive response to the added benefit that the MPP will provide full modules for batches 2 & 3, that we have officially decided to extend this benefit to everyone covered by the HashFast Miner Protection Program™ in Batch 1.

This means that full modules will be made available to cover any MPP obligation to Batch 1 Baby Jet customers.  At that time, Hashafast will make empty rigs available for sale at competitive prices.

You get Modules but you would have to purchase the empty rigs.

Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:07:43 AM

Hi all,

Cheers,

HashFast Team

Translation: We want to "test" all the mining rigs for few weeks. Thats how i see it.

And HashFast, you must learn alot from BFL eh? Your news are just basically saying you're late but no dates/promises is given. Bravo to you!
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:29:47 AM

In what dialect of English does "roughly" translate to "exactly"?

This is an excellent question.
Because we are accepting wire transfers, which can take 24 horus or more to clear, it's impossible to know the exact count at a given point in time.

John
I'm glad you think it's an excellent question so how did you come up with the initial number of 550 Super Duper Baby Airplanes?  Ouija board?  Perhaps you pulled it out of a certain deep anatomical cavity?  Anyone who can predict future events months away with such clarity surely can make more money elsewhere or maybe not.  I mean if I'm order number 551 you will send my money back right you won't take it?  Perhaps a few bets you care to wager about your delivery times of all 550 Super Duper Baby Airplanes roughly somewhat sort of exactly on time.  I hear there's this non-reversible internet currency you can use to place such bets.  Wouldn't it be great if all these pre-order companies take all the BTC received and place it up as a bet that they will deliver on time.  If they do they make many times more profits if they don't they make nothing.
This got no response from John so I guess he didn't want to bet they would deliver on time.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:42:22 AM

Or build/expand your own.  Other than the processing boards/modules everything else is off the self.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:43:27 AM

Or build/expand your own.  Other than the processing boards/modules everything else is off the self.

it's a great strategy. 

there's going to be alot of great innovation around those modules.
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:55:05 AM

Hashfast,

You are NOT ahead of schedule if you or your suppliers f*d up by two weeks. That's BS. Nobody cares if a mini-stage of your project is "ahead' of others if the end outcome is late.
The bottom-line is that you/your suppliers screwed by almost 2 difficulty jumps or 3 weeks from the lower-bound shipping target (October 20th). That's going to break the ROI for many of us.

Thanks for the update and looking forward to next steps.

pwnyboy

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:29:58 AM

Hashfast,

You are NOT ahead of schedule if you or your suppliers f*d up by two weeks.

That's what happens when a marketing bobble-head is allowed to give engineering-related updates.  I do hope Hashfast will work out a new deal with those of you in Batch 1.  Otherwise, from my vantage point, a missed October 31 deadline (self-imposed, I might add) would trigger the FTC rule requiring either a full refund or a reaffirmation of one's desire to keep waiting. 
DPoS

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:34:00 AM

thanks guys..  my jupiters jumped up another 40Gh each hearing the news   Grin

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:02:14 AM

thanks guys..  my jupiters jumped up another 40Gh each hearing the news   Grin
sounds like they made the right decision to eff over con and kano and just write their own firmware if you have a 5k machine that is that erratic.   lol.
DPoS

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:39:19 AM

I just banked over $5000 with them so I'll take the choppy waters  Cheesy

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:54:34 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 01:06:04 PM by Bargraphics

thanks guys..  my jupiters jumped up another 40Gh each hearing the news   Grin
sounds like they made the right decision to eff over con and kano and just write their own firmware if you have a 5k machine that is that erratic.   lol.
Con has a Unit for testing,

Luke-Jr has a Unit for testing,

Kano doesn't have a unit

Edit: Removed "Oil" Tongue
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:57:44 AM

Kano doesn't have a unit (I'm happy about this personally since all he does is beg)
Why throw new oil on the fire ?
Now Kano will have to react on this again(I hope he is wise and doesn't), and then you will react again, ...

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:18:16 PM

sounds like they made the right decision to eff over con and kano and just write their own firmware if you have a 5k machine that is that erratic.   lol.
Also, when you sell a 350GH/s unit that later changes to a 400GH/s unit and out of the box with the base firmware manages to get 500GH/s for most customers, then that's not exactly a failure.

I got my first unit Oct 4th (4 days late). Sure one of the cards died and took a week to replace, but it STILL hashed at 400GH/s with only 3 cards. My other 2 units shipped shortly afterwards and they've all been solid. I'm not saying that KNC was or is perfect, but damn if they haven't set the highest bar for pre-orders.

Bargraphics

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:41:33 PM

Also, when you sell a 350GH/s unit that later changes to a 400GH/s unit and out of the box with the base firmware manages to get 500GH/s for most customers, then that's not exactly a failure.

I got my first unit Oct 4th (4 days late). Sure one of the cards died and took a week to replace, but it STILL hashed at 400GH/s with only 3 cards. My other 2 units shipped shortly afterwards and they've all been solid. I'm not saying that KNC was or is perfect, but damn if they haven't set the highest bar for pre-orders.

I would actually like to see HashFast or any other company keep setting this bar higher as it only helps customers and forces competition to become that much better.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:58:07 PM

I would actually like to see HashFast or any other company keep setting this bar higher as it only helps customers and forces competition to become that much better.

Agreed. BFL set the low bar, followed by the 200K batch of chips from Avalon. KNC currently has the high bar (delivering nearly on-time and great power/hashrate numbers). It'd be great to see someone else follow their lead and set the bar even higher. Anyone waiting on Sierras or BabyJets - at least you didn't get suckered into the BFL mini-rig, Monarch upgrade cycle. We can all feel pity for the likely outcome those poor bastards will experience.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:53:42 PM

The ball is in HashFast's court.  They seem pretty well run and I think they know the market is watching (and thus their ability to secure future sales).   Lets see what they do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: