Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119549 times)
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:36:25 AM

You can be guaranteed that they will ship before Jan. 1.  Even if it is broken, consumes 10x the power, 1/2 the hash rate, and uses someone else's chips, you will be sure they will ship

Wanna bet?

(No, I've not learned my lesson about those kind of bets yet.)

I will bet if u are willing.   HashFast is a US located and registered company.  They have binding arbitration agreement in their contract.   They essentially lose everything by not shipping by 1 Jan. 
Would it really be out of the realm of possibilities for exchange rate to be over $1k and them simply refunding everyone the fiat price and self mining or selling to friends and family out the back door?  I'd have to look again but I think their very one sided TOS didn't state anything about refunding in BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 12:48:47 AM

Hi everybody!

Sorry for the lack of communication; I was ill and unable to liaison with the HashFast execs last week.

I'll go in to the office on Monday and see what news/updates can be shared with the forum.

Best,

-HF_CL

PS  I've been reading about the new Global Work Queue.  It has the potential to do for devices what stratum did for cgminer (IE keep everything topped up and minimize idle time to squeeze out every last drop of performance)!

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:50:03 AM

Are you cyperdoc? Who cares?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 12:57:27 AM

Are you cyperdoc?

No.  Cypher helped HashFast launch their products but is now just another (very, very early) customer.

My role as community liaison is to facilitate growth of an open source hardware and software ecosystem built around HashFast's technology.

So far we've got GWQ integrated into cgminer, and things will really start to pick up once the reference PCB, data sheet, and miniboards are in the wild.

Best,

-HF_CL

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:37:33 AM

Are you cyperdoc?

No.  Cypher helped HashFast launch their products but is now just another (very, very early) customer.

My role as community liaison is to facilitate growth of an open source hardware and software ecosystem built around HashFast's technology.

So far we've got GWQ integrated into cgminer, and things will really start to pick up once the reference PCB, data sheet, and miniboards are in the wild.

Best,

-HF_CL

It be great if we can smaller amounts of chips to work with to prove designs that are open source. Will there be any opportunities to buy small batches of chips in lots of 10 or 20?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:56:11 PM

If anyone thought they would ship before their deadline, they clearly are new around here.  Name me one Asic provider that beat their end deadline.

Bitfury, delivered 1 day earlier, promised August 31st, delivered August 30th in quantity.

Some noobz have never heard of Rumsfeld's 'Unknown unknowns' much less Hofstadter's Law.

But they are lying when they claim to be incapable of understanding the difference between the most optimistic, earliest possible shipping  date and the guaranteed delivery date.  It's funny when they waste their Bitcoins to have a lawyer tell them their feigned obtuseness will be laughed out of court.

Bitfury is a brilliant designer and his chips weren't late, but they did ship at 50% of the spec'd clock rate, forcing him to ship twice as many.

Us 100TH investors have been royally screwed by the resulting delays in our mine build-out.

So let's not put Bitfury on too high a pedestal.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:08:51 PM

Are you cyperdoc?

Best,

-HF_CL

It be great if we can smaller amounts of chips to work with to prove designs that are open source. Will there be any opportunities to buy small batches of chips in lots of 10 or 20?

This is a good question even if they are considered engineering samples possibly at a higher price (and optimally that price could be used as a deposit towards a full reel purchase).
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:29:21 AM

Are you cyperdoc?

Best,

-HF_CL

This is a good question even if they are considered engineering samples possibly at a higher price (and optimally that price could be used as a deposit towards a full reel purchase).

That be fine anything some chip specs and some dummy chips even would be great.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
NineLives

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 02:24:00 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 02:39:38 AM by NineLives

Has anyone ever received any hashfast equipment?

Edit:  What have I done?  I've bought one (gulp)...

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:03:44 AM

You can be guaranteed that they will ship before Jan. 1.  Even if it is broken, consumes 10x the power, 1/2 the hash rate, and uses someone else's chips, you will be sure they will ship

Wanna bet?

I will bet if u are willing.   HashFast is a US located and registered company.  They have binding arbitration agreement in their contract.   They essentially lose everything by not shipping by 1 Jan. 

Oops, replied kinda late.

Yeah, I'll put up 5 BTC (or less if that's too large an amount) in a gentleman's bet saying that HashFast will not ship finished miners to customers in 2013.

Shipping means delivery into customers' hands. Hosting doesn't count.

Reply in the thread if you want to accept.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:18:45 AM

Wanna bet?

Oops, replied kinda late.

Yeah, I'll put up 5 BTC (or less if that's too large an amount) in a gentleman's bet saying that HashFast will not ship finished miners to customers in 2013.

Shipping means delivery into customers' hands. Hosting doesn't count.

Reply in the thread if you want to accept.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:40:16 AM

As people suggested, they will ship something by the end of the year. Let it be rebranded KNC/BF, they will make you in a position where you will receive those useless 400gh and can't ask for a refund.

After that, they will delay to death the MPP, and at the end of the story you wlll have 10 to 25% of the BTC you paid back.

They will be happy, they will have won.

I have no reason to bet, but i would.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
HashFast

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:14:23 PM

Hi all,

Just an update on what has been going on over at HashFast.

First the big news - our first substrates arrive on Monday, Nov 25!

These are the high precision PCBs that lie between the silicon die and the rest of the motherboard.  Once substrates arrive motherboard assembly begins, followed by board bring-up, chip bring-up and system bring-up (the process of testing chips starting at low power and working up to full spec).

For the past few weeks we have been busy assembling and testing the Baby Jet and Sierra. These images are of the Baby Jet. We are optimizing the Sierra and Baby Jet to make sure they run as cool as possible and validate our configuration's thermal management.

The video below demonstrates an airflow test of the Sierra and shows that all is working correctly in order to get sufficient ventilation flowing through the chassis.  We did the same with the Baby Jet, though there is much less heat with one chip.

http://youtu.be/2QURuDM1P0E

Here is the image of our PCB.  It features 16-phase voltage regulation, the best in the industry!

Providing our ASICs with very smooth, stable power ensures they run at maximum speed, while minimizing hardware errors and providing greater hardware reliability.

As soon as the system is successfully brought up then volume production ramp of the complete motherboards begins. We will be shipping the motherboards daily to Ciara, where they will be assembled with all of the other components of the Baby Jet and Sierra.

Cheers,

HashFast Team

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:42:49 PM

Thanks for the update.
Thanks for providing a picture of a 3D-printed model of the PCB, of which you released a rendering yesterday.
And thanks for the 25th of this month substrate delivery timeframe. I guess that we will have to wait till middle next week for the next update, tough?

Can you post some pictures of the production PCBs you had made in October back when you were still on track for late Oct delivery, before the substrate issue delayed everything for a couple months?
+1

- When are the upgrade chips shipping ?
+1

beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:13:49 AM

Hi all,

Just an update on what has been going on over at HashFast.

First the big news - our first substrates arrive on Monday, Nov 25!

These are the high precision PCBs that lie between the silicon die and the rest of the motherboard.  Once substrates arrive motherboard assembly begins, followed by board bring-up, chip bring-up and system bring-up (the process of testing chips starting at low power and working up to full spec).

So, reading between the lines, we can expect shipments JUST before the Dec. 31 deadline... and you appear quite happy to be shipping a product months late.

I'm just so happy to have gotten involved with a company like you guys.

/sarcasm

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
flyboy

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:14:08 PM

All I see is some parts from newegg.com. A piece of aluminum. And some Legos painted black.

This took 6+ months?

There is nothing one off there.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 12:20:51 PM

Spiffy pictures.

Re: The smoke machine video, perhaps the babyjets will be free of the avalon problem where at high fanspeed the controller overheats due to a deadspot in the airflow. Tongue
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:17:31 PM

Spiffy pictures.

Re: The smoke machine video, perhaps the babyjets will be free of the avalon problem where at high fanspeed the controller overheats due to a deadspot in the airflow. Tongue

I think they should have put a piece of clear plexi on top of the unit... It looks to me like the smoke was swurling in one corner.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:19:28 PM

Spiffy pictures.

I think they should have put a piece of clear plexi on top of the unit... It looks to me like the smoke was swurling in one corner.

i think once they have the other fans blowing air out (which they will)... then there won't be such swirling deadspots.

or.. they could fix the airflow by having some air-guides channel the air away from the power supply 'walls'

-- jez
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:26:14 PM

All I see is some parts from newegg.com. A piece of aluminum. And some Legos painted black.

This took 6+ months?

There is nothing one off there.

It hasn't been 6 months ... yet.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: