Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:01:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins with price lower price has more chances to moon?  (Read 1990 times)
goyald2801

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:39:31 PM

i want to improve this theory .
price with low marketplace has more chances to moon .

bcoz with trillions of coins if price is even 0.1$ then it is risky bet .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitphonics

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:04:32 PM

Marketcap is the most important factor when determining if a coin can go 10 to 100x. Not because the coin necessarily is a good store of value, but because the current market has shown what level of market cap it is willing to tolerate. We are still in the wild west days of the cryptocoin market. There is unfortunately less importance put on future promise than immediate returns. Just look at the number of coins that are fake at face value (looking at you picklericks) and tell me that low marketcap is not the primary means of determining "moons".

tl:dr - Low marketcap is directly linked to the probability of huge gains, but hopefully that won't always be the case.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:17:12 PM

It's not the price of the coin that is important, it's the market cap. Small cap coins are easier to pump - they are usually on just a couple of exchanges with low daily trading volume. Therefore a pump group can make the coin's price move quite substantially with only a small amount of money.
This post answers it all which price doesnt really matter on a certain coin but rather its total supply and cap which it can really be easily determined if it would be easy to be pumped out but also its easy to dump out too.
Buying these low cap coins might give you the chance to make some money if pumped out but not an assurance if it would really had the chance or do being considered by whales to move its price or not.

OMOH_PA

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:32:06 PM

I like:

Pascal Coin / SpectreCoin - fast transactions / low fees - 20 M market cap - very nice technically, but  poor marketin

SpeedCash - X13 - very low total coin volume  - very low cap, but very controversial exchange  - yoibt. But i'd say devs are good and working - gona implement new original algorithm soon, trying to catch new exchanges. Work is goin on... I believe it could just easy reach x100 now - but i'd be only 8 mln. $ market cap !!!!!

HoboNickels - old coins - was in TOP 20 - now like ~ 3-4 mln. market cap ~ POS

These ones I really hold Tongue

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:44:38 PM

Marketcap is the most important factor when determining if a coin can go 10 to 100x. Not because the coin necessarily is a good store of value, but because the current market has shown what level of market cap it is willing to tolerate. We are still in the wild west days of the cryptocoin market. There is unfortunately less importance put on future promise than immediate returns. Just look at the number of coins that are fake at face value (looking at you picklericks) and tell me that low marketcap is not the primary means of determining "moons".

tl:dr - Low marketcap is directly linked to the probability of huge gains, but hopefully that won't always be the case.

While there are a few exceptions, you have to start with a good coin.  There many junk or so called shitcoins investors shouldn't touch even at a super "bargain".

Taking your generalized advise may lead so really major loses.
bitphonics

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:54:34 PM

While there are a few exceptions, you have to start with a good coin.  There many junk or so called shitcoins investors shouldn't touch even at a super "bargain".

Taking your generalized advise may lead so really major loses.

I probably wasn't clear enough. I was insinuating that looking for the next "moon" is the wrong way to go about investing in crypto-currency. If you are looking for short term returns you should invest in shitcoins because they are heavily dependent on hotair and bs. You can make a huge return or you could lose all your money because they were always a scam. My point is you should do research and not look at the cryptocurrency market as a gambling ring. Eventually, hopefully, there will only be a dozen or so coins which all serve a very specific purpose and are great stores of value. If you find one of those coins now the sky is the limit, but I can tell you that picklericks and monkey project coins will not be one of them.
swolf

Activity: 41
Merit: 48

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:21:48 PM

I'm inclined to agree - it's the market cap and total supply that plays a larger role in a coins ability to increase in value at least if it's competing with other coins that have little to no differentiating factors.
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:35:47 PM

Coins with lower prices have more chances in the month? this question is possible to happen because of the current situation in bitcoin. thanks.
The current situation affect almost all the coins including tokens.  Bitcoin as a head is what most of us are referring to becouse when ever any body talk about cryptocurrencies the first things that come to mind is bitcoin. Other coins has an opportunity to go to the moon because with little investment you can actually get a huge number of them.  I have a testimony of some coins go 1000x in just a month and most of this coins can likewise get dump too.
erasheed28

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:43:56 PM

that's actually a misconception for me, the basis should be the marketcap and the trading volume in order to evaluate whether the alt is mooning. Even if the price surge in just a minute there is a chance that it is just a pump and dump scheme so better look for the trading volume of the coin in the past 24hrs.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
soloinvestor

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:01:02 PM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: http://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:30:48 PM

I always thought that initial coin price is not important, because there is no difference between buying 1000 coins at $0.001 or 0.001 coin at $1000. Buy most of my friends who are newbie in crypto prefer buying low cost coins ("BTC is already $15000 but Rillple is still cheap").
Maybe that means that new people coming to crypto would prefer new altcoins (especially altcoins with lower price and more total supply) rather then BTC, ETH and other > 1000$ coins?
Also with cheaper coins it's simply easier to calculate whey purchasing something with crypto. I'm sure everyone is using calculators while trading on BTC/* pairs))
there are exceptions when newcomers enter the market with a large amount in a portfolio and begin to sell coins with a price of more than $ 500. Most such novices often go to the minus
RichT_

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:06:36 PM

I despair. There is no hope for these people. Choose your $1 coins, they are all going to the moon.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:53:17 AM

I always thought that initial coin price is not important, because there is no difference between buying 1000 coins at $0.001 or 0.001 coin at $1000. Buy most of my friends who are newbie in crypto prefer buying low cost coins ("BTC is already $15000 but Rillple is still cheap").
Maybe that means that new people coming to crypto would prefer new altcoins (especially altcoins with lower price and more total supply) rather then BTC, ETH and other > 1000$ coins?
Also with cheaper coins it's simply easier to calculate whey purchasing something with crypto. I'm sure everyone is using calculators while trading on BTC/* pairs))
You should not look at the price of a coin but at the market cap, if the market cap is high as it is the case with Ripple then the amount of profits you can get are smaller since it is more difficult to grow significantly, a coin with a low market cap can grow more since it needs less money to double its price, but be careful most of the time there is a reason why a coin has a small market cap and that is because it is not a very good coin.
Bedak Johnsons

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:51:32 AM

the statement may be true because you say small coins typically still have a great opportunity and a great chance to be able to ride can even be folding many times and will never be unexpected.
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:14:31 AM

I don't think so and the definition of moon is depending on how greed are you . If you want to x100 or x1000 it seems to be impossible because at this moment , there is nothing such as that opportunity like that again. It already passed 8 years ago.
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:41:08 AM

Not only buying them at the low price but you need to check the potential of the coin in the market because there is some coin with no developments.
You need to find their company profile and concerned roadmap about the company, by checking all these it will reach to Moon at some point.
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:49:28 AM

It all depends not on the price, but on the idea and the promotion and resources of the project itself. But many coins with a low price are very risky for investing, since these are ordinary shitkoins, so you need to be careful in this regard. The analysis and careful thought over of all their advantages will give you the full answer to the question whether it will increase.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:51:50 AM

we have different set of friends since my new friend in crypto buy only bitcoin because they are surely safe on it,let me guess the real reason why they are buying cheap coins,because THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH CAPITAL TO BUY BITCOIN ..and you explanation  too far from your title
alaricoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

I propose our alaricoin ALCO available on etherdelta and on idex.
the works for the museum are about to be started. and there will be many tourists to use our currency
Masziv

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:39:11 PM

What a lot of people don't understand is price compared to marketcap. "OH ripple is only 1 buck, what a deal!" But how much is it really worth, when you understand that the total supply of ripple is 100 BILLION? That alone should tell you that it is IMPOSSIBLE for ripple to go to 100$ each like far too many people here think.

Find a coins real price this way: Compare circulating supply/total supply to the price of the coin, and compare that to other coins. For example is NEO priced at 110$ and ripple is at 1$. But there is 39 BILL ripple circulating, and 65 MILL NEO circulating. 39B/65M = 600 which means there are 600 times more ripple coins than NEO coins. AKA NEO is worth alot more PER coin. Directly translated with easy math that would indicate that NEO should be worth 600 times more, but it's worth 111 times more. = You could actually say NEO is alot "cheaper"

This is just a random example of how basic math should be used, and of course there are many many more factors to consider. But it's a quick way to see if something is seriously under/overvalued. Then you have to look at what their product actually have to offer(whitepaper), DEVs, roadmap, adoption etc etc.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: