Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will never reach $20 again  (Read 40267 times)
BTC Economist (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:42:55 PM

I just don't get why if everyone is so confident Bitcoin WILL reach $20 again demand is so low?  The markets tell the story.  What people are actually doing is selling, not buying.  Put your money where your mouth is!  At least I have done that by selling.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:45:32 PM

This thread is worthless.
]

A 100% pointless post coming from a moderator!!  Who runs this cesspool? Get your shit together!
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 02:46:54 PM

I just don't get why if everyone is so confident Bitcoin WILL reach $20 again demand is so low?  The markets tell the story.  What people are actually doing is selling, not buying.  Put your money where your mouth is!  At least I have done that by selling.

Do you have to be confident either in it rising or falling? How's about a more agnostic and honest approach in that we don't have the means to predict the future......There is no crash, there is no boom, there is only the value of BTC now.

The project continues......
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:48:01 PM

it'll be interesting to see what happens once the 0% commissions go away, people are having too much fun buying for 14.3 and selling for 14.32 repeatedly.

Either someone will step up with a ton of dough to swing the market or get fed up and sell a shitload of coins to start a mini panic
BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:48:21 PM

Do you have to be confident either in it rising or falling? How's about a more agnostic and honest approach in that we don't have the means to predict the future......There is no crash, there is no boom, there is only the value of BTC now.

The project continues......

I agree with that.  Note that I do not predict a crash in this thread.  

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:49:23 PM

Bitcoin value will go up again when practical and easy client programs hit the market. That's when non-geeks can start using Bitcoin in everyday transactions. The Android app is a step in the right direction and BitcoinJS sounds very promising.

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:49:38 PM

You are telling us that you don't believe in Bitcoin but you are sticking around for... ?  for the lulz?
BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:51:11 PM

You are telling us that you don't believe in Bitcoin but you are sticking around for... ?  for the lulz?

Yes I do find it an interesting project.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:52:26 PM

And the reason you are pushing your agendas is...?   (no need to answer this)
BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:55:29 PM

Stating a prediction is not pushing an agenda.  For me, this thread will be most entertaining when I bump it in the future.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:56:43 PM

^^ Totally agreed. It will be fun to bump it in the future  Grin  Cool
SmokeAndMirrors

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:00:56 PM

It has not been at $20 since the crash I believe.  

Bitcoins were only above 20 because of the massive flood of people into the bitcoin community. Things have evened out since then and anyone basing the value of bitcoins off of the boom is going to be disappointed.

Saying bitcoins will never reach $20 again is just flat out ridiculous. It *may* not, but sorry to say that your opinion/thoughts have no affect what-so-ever on what happens in bitcoins future.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:02:23 PM

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:09:25 PM

Stating a prediction is not pushing an agenda.  For me, this thread will be most entertaining when I bump it in the future.

ok.

tell you what.

i'll bet you 50 BTC that Bitcoin will exceed an exchange rate of $20 USD - without the openendedness of your blanket prediction:  that is, at some or any point within the next six months.

in escrow.

Put your money where your mouth is!

no PMs.  open on the forum.

in or out?
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:22:39 PM

It is remarkable how often the word troll is used around here.  Truly amazing.  And, we have a poll where something like 1/3 of the people here expect Bitcoin to grow 7-fold to over 100 by the end of the year, and they are seen as the reasonable ones.

Welcome to the hivemind.

Usually why I don't bother with speculation threads unless I'm bored.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:56:33 PM

This thread is worthless.
]

A 100% pointless post coming from a moderator!!  Who runs this cesspool? Get your shit together!

Agreed! I run a couple forums and worthless threads go straight to the recycle bin, they don't get replies from moderators!  Roll Eyes
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:59:33 PM

If you liquidated your position in Bitcoin, you might as well liquidate your presence on this forum and move on with your life.

+1000  LOL!
bcearl

Merit: 103

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:02:12 PM

Criticize bitcoin: troll

Speculate in the wrong way: troll

Opinion against the status quo? You bet that's a troll

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes you guys. If you really think it's a troll DON'T FUCKING POST and let it fall off the page.

I don't think he is a troll, I think he is a serious economist. I think serious economists produce bullshit only.

Misspelling protects against dictionary attacks NOT
datguywhowanders

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:06:17 PM

ok.

tell you what.

i'll bet you 50 BTC that Bitcoin will exceed an exchange rate of $20 USD - without the openendedness of your blanket prediction:  that is, at some or any point within the next six months.

in escrow.

Put your money where your mouth is!

no PMs.  open on the forum.

in or out?

I think this is how every single one of these threads needs to be handled Cheesy

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:08:22 PM

i will also bet any or all of you btc bears/trolls in this thread 100 BTC each to be held in escrow that the USD price of 1 BTC will exceed $20 in one year.  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: