Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we buy the 100% HashRate upgrade at 25% extra cost?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [**OPEN**]R2B:HashFast + Host, Dbl. HashRate Upgrade, $43, 10-13GH/s MPP  (Read 35649 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:35:07 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 07:12:13 AM by DyslexicZombei

Received a PM from a new co-op member. This is this person's first Group Buy after giving up on solo mining. 3 more shares reserved! Thank you and welcome aboard!

29 shares available. 9 more shares need to be reserved before we go to actual sales.

This co-operative is now up to 18 members at the moment with: four admitted IT pros included two Network Engineers (one former NE), and two Electrical Engineers (jungle_dave's other career besides being a former Network Engineer, and absolute rock bottom miner hosting/management fees.

Updated: added another reservation from post #223. 28 shares available. 8 more shares to go for sales to begin.

Another page update: 5 more share reservations from Commandermk! Thanks and welcome aboard!

Code:
Round 2: Bitmine Coincraft or CointerraII. We need to reach 20 Soft Reservations - no BTC or cash paid - before sales begin. 
2.75% Host/Management fees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Shares|    Username     |          Wallet Address             |Share Status|            Additional Optional Shares / Notes                     |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2   |  DyslexicZombei | 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH  |    Soft    |   8 / Your GB Coordinator / Net. Eng. / Primary Remote Admin      |
|  1   |  bobsag3        | TBA                                 |    Soft    | World Class vetted Hosting Avail., W/ Lowest hosting costs        |
|  1   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Soft    |                             1                                     |
|  2   |  jungle_dave    | TBA                                 |    Soft    | Backup Admin, former EE/Net. Engineer. Plants trees in Amazon!    |
|  2   |  firsttimeuser  | TBA                                 |    Soft    |    2 / DZ Co-op Round1 HashFast BabyJet Vetted Miner Host         |
|  3   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Soft    |                                                                   |
|  1   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    Soft    |                                                                   |
|  5   |  Commandermk    | TBA                                 |    Soft    |  Current largest share owner with earliest vote                   |    

11 shares are optional shares that may be purchased at any moment by the Soft Reservation holder.
** THREE more shares needed for sales to begin with refunds available at any time before product shipment
at a small restock fee after actual sales begin (1.5%). VOTING BEGINS SHORTLY AT 20 RESERVATIONS **

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:43:26 AM

I wanted to share this because this is a pretty strong endorsement via anon. PM for both myself and for bobsag3's services. Keep it up Bob! They're appreciating your hard work:

"mathematically sound, mining will be for the big boys, blades and erupters will be obsolete. 28nm will be the next big thing. customized boards will be the one who will push the market for these big monstrous rigs higher...so everybody need to cooperate...cooperating means co-op.

Actually DZ, you put the XX BTC on whatever you decide, i've just placed my other order with ultibit for cointerra 2TH. I dont know ultibit even a bit. Just saw bobsag3 name, im okay with it.

i will be investing every other month on BTC for GB things. so only two group buys i will join so far:

1. ultibit (cointerra iv)
2. DZ  (DZ himself)

im done with:
1. Avalon
2. mining boards
3. Erupters
4. Blades

Good luck to us. God speed.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX"

====

Thank you for your trust. I'm humbled by your endorsement which you allowed me to share anonymously. I promise you that I'll continue to be transparent and open in all Group Buy decisions.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:16:38 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 04:32:37 AM by DyslexicZombei

Another share reserved by an anonymous gentleman. Thank you and welcome aboard!

8 more shares needed for soft reservations before sales begin, with or without escrow protection.

28 shares available! Amazing! We reached 60% reservations in only two days when I was just mulling aloud to see if anyone in the co-op or bobsag3 wanted to do a 2nd GB since we have all this hosting capacity available thanks to the mesh network of miner hosts and IT personnel we built up.

BTW, if you're a co-op member & a professional geek like 3 other gentlemen in the co-op, please don't be shy about professing your ties to the IT industry. Cheesy Grin

Besides I'll also get to brag that we have more professional nerds per co-op member then the other co-ops.  Cheesy  Cheesy  Wink
Commandermk

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:08:21 AM

I really like this Group Buy. At cost pricing, and a 2.75% hosting fee.

Lets get this going! Put me down for 5 shares. Smiley
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:45:27 AM

You are the man! Thank you and welcome aboard!

Since you're currently "the man" with the biggest vote, you'd actually have the biggest weighted vote in any mfg. decision. Technically, you'd have equal voting with me at this point, with 5 shares, since an anonymous gentleman has given me voting rights on his 3 shares in a vote of confidence! However, since I vote last & hold no open opinion on my preference on the options listed in any votes, the largest GB share owner with the earliest vote, which would be you, would have the biggest say in voting.

Welcome to a true representative democracy.  Smiley

23 shares available! Only 3 shares left for reservations before we go to actual sales! We're already almost at the halfway mark as far as total share reservations in just 3 days. Nice!

Question: did you want your wallet address to be public for payout spreadsheets listed here and in private Dropbox link?
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:13:51 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 08:19:20 AM by DyslexicZombei

For Round 2's first major vote, Voting begins when we get to 20 soft reservations. So the pre-order decision becomes:

1. Bitmine Coincraft @ 500GH/s (upgradeable) at $4249 most likely at the beginning of January OR
2. Cointerra II @ 1000GH/s (uknown upgradeability) at $3500 most likely at the end of January or beginning of February

- Option 2 would have a further out delivery date but lower share price by the appropriate amount: $100 share with Cointerra vs. $125 with Bitmine (that's one nice thing of pricing in USD for a GB; no currency volatility to deal with, just the steady and normal depressing, crushing power of inflation with fiat*).

- Option 1 has the possibility of being hosted in the Netherlands or UAE in the Middle East to minimize shipping if we can get kaz's permission. Just putting out options there as part of my job.  Don't forget, the Bitmine unit *we know* is upgradeable while this isn't clear with Cointerra.

I'm fine with either option and will vote last w/ tiebreaker vote, if necessary. Either option, I should be able to get us super cheap vetted miner hosting near the mfg. whether it's Europe, the UAE, or the US.

bobsag3 has currently voted for Bitmine (unless he decides to change his mind) and I will not make a public statement as to which mfg. I prefer, as they both have some form of miner protection against delays. You can vote privately or publicly and I currently hold 5 votes which will be voted last, if necessary, with an optional tiebreaker vote. If used, my vote will become public with redacted personal info about PM votes avail. upon request.

I'll also put this poll up to see if anyone uses it.
kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:33:52 AM

i need to think and consider for the ROI. need to think more.

aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:10:02 PM

I like this, put me down for the remaining 3 shares.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:26:36 PM

My vote goes for the bitmine- the upgradability sells it for me. Either I or someone who will work for me (I Live near a school that is 85% engineers.... shouldnt be hard).
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:54:00 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 07:27:58 PM by DyslexicZombei

I like this, put me down for the remaining 3 shares.

Hi aneutronic. Thank you for the vote of confidence. Welcome aboard!

20 shares available!

Voting has begun for Bitmine vs. Cointerra. If you don't vote, the other co-op members will set the direction of the Group Buy & where it will be hosted.

===============================================================================================

Payments can begin now but we need to finalize share price and manufacturer. Reservations are held for 48 hours for Round 2, once share price and manufacturer is decided by majority vote shortly. There's two payment options:

Non-Escrowed: direct payment to my wallet address: 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH

Escrowed: 1.5% additional fee. BTC held by BTCrow until manual release by buyer via refund or to finish a completed pre-arranged pre-order.

As usual, refunds are available up until unit ships at a 1.5% restock fee. Refunds are understandable in emergencies but are discouraged because of the chaos caused within a GB (the GBC has to float your shares and either keep the shares or try to find a new buyer).

** Please contact bobsag3 if you're interested in PayPal payments for your shares. If necessary, he's willing to "float" your shares & pay in BTC while your PayPal funds clear payment on his end knowing that a chargeback attempt by the buyer doesn't make sense since the hardware is not arriving to the refunding buyer's house anytime soon. **

=============================================================================================

After payment, please follow up with a PM sent to me -

Subject:
DZ CM/CT GB, # of shares, your username
Details:

1.Transmission ID on Blockchain
2. Your preferred wallet address for miner payouts
3. Do you prefer to have your wallet address be public or anonymous?
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:25:43 PM

4 more shares reserved via PM! Gracias and Welcome aboard!

This member also mentioned this as an alternative (I welcome any and all suggestions to improve our co-operative). PM from the new co-operative member:

"I like your style of leading GBs and this GB looks like good opportunity to invest with chance to get some profit.

I have one suggestion regarding mining device. Why don't you consider Bitmine CoinCraft Desk device to selection?

It is not so professional device, but it's cheaper then Bitmine CoinCraft Rig and still upgradeable to 1 TH/s in 200 GH/s steps.

For $4,379 you get 600 GH/s in normal mode (900 GH/s in turbo mode with higher power usage, which should be no problem with cheap electricity).

Thanks
XXXXXXXXXX

===============================================================================================

16 shares left!
Commandermk

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:41:38 PM

On the issue of CoinCraft Desk vs. Rig. I'm pretty sure the Rig has a turbo mode too. It is just not advertised very well.

Off the website:

"the Rig can be configured to suit your hashing needs anywhere from 500 Gigahash/s up to an astonishing 2 Terahash/s.
Thanks to the proprietary PowerTune feature, boost the maximum mining speed with Turbo mode when the difficulty is low,
then turn it to powersaving mode to reduce the operational costs and extend its profitability life."

They don't post any numbers but I think it would be safe to assume that boost per GH you get from Turbo on the CoinCraft Desk
would be proportional to the boost you would get on the Rig.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:12:26 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 07:26:53 PM by DyslexicZombei

Thank you! I'll mod the poll to mention Turbo mode. I had read this but assumed others would assume this as well from the Desk/Rig details. Bad assumption.

See: this is why we form co-operatives - several brains are usually better than one - unless you're talking about your average political body just about anywhere.  Cheesy

BTW, as the largest current shareholder/reserver if you made your vote public, that would represent 38-42% of the vote needed to pick a manufacturer, if you decided to go this route for your votes. It would also provide a strong public endorsement for your chosen mfg. by the largest early voting shareholder/reserver. Wink

With 24 shares currently in pending reservations, the winning manufacturer/offer would currently need 12-13 votes to guarantee a win for this 3rd vote in the DZ Miner's Cooperative. Welcome to a true representative democracy without all the lobbying, pork, and grandstanding.  Grin
mrm0

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:34:24 PM

PM sent...

1BUcKJVz5n34VwuiyiLtPud1PGn3BLkcPb  :-)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:19:56 PM

PM sent...

Messages received from two new members. Awesome, we have two new co-op members! Thank you and welcome aboard!

One of the new members now has the largest voting power in the Round 2 Group Buy with 10 reservations. Thank you and welcome aboard!

Sorry if there was any confusion about payments. I had placeholder text in place because one co-op member is/was trying to me send me BTC just to get it taken care of.

11 more shares reserved!

5 (or less) shares available!

I have another PM from another gentleman interested in 1 or more shares I'm waiting to hear back from. So we have 5 GB shares available or less
baros008

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:09:19 PM

Additional info from Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread:

3. Are the hashing cards for Coincraft Rig and Coincraft Desk compatibile?
Good question, we should add it to the FAQ. Actually no, they are completely different designs: the desk is cheaper and uses less chips running at higher power usages while the rig is more expensive, has an higher amount of chips and they're running cooler.

What does it mean? My guess...
CoinCraft Desk: max 5 hashing cards, each card with 10 chips clocked in nominal mode of 20 GH/s
CoinCraft Rig: max 17 hashing cards, source of first 500 GH/s unknown, max 10 additional cards (according to specification) with 15 chips clocked in power save mode of 10 GH/s?, some slots for cards are still free?

So can we get 2 TH/s in turbo mode from 500 GH/s CoinCraft Rig? Probably not..
Will we upgrade to more then 1 TH/s in future?

CoinCraft Rig has better J/GH/s ratio-not so important with cheap electricity and short time of operation (5-7 months), is rack mountable, but GH/s/$ ratio is worse then CoinCraft Desk.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:19:30 PM

Great points! For those wondering about Bitmine: when Bitmine announced their 28nm chip I was highly skeptical of their 6 month development time. Giorgio was upfront in the Custom Hardware about it & was a bit challenging/apologetic (quite a nice feat in the same sentence) about not having worked on it for 2 years like Simon Barber. Turns out they turned to experts on areas they were needed help: they partnered with InnoSilicon & Global Foundries.

Unlike scam sites however, if you check their website: everything that should be in place, is in place: SSL certification, appears to have IDs vetted by BTC payment agency, matching legit LinkedIn links from the two primary agencies at Bitmine from a mfg. that is shipping Avalon clones that don't need much mods (if any) to be able to run Gen2 ASIC chips.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:36:41 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 09:56:33 PM by DyslexicZombei

By the way, 13 share votes have been ceded to me via PM. Thank you! I hope to make the best decisions possible with your votes, if they have to applied at the end of major votes. I now have the largest voting bloc of 15 votes out of 40, at the moment, but will vote last and try not to unduly favor one mfg. or decision over another.

These share owners/reservers are free to take back control of their votes anytime they want & have final approval on how votes are applied in major decision.

OT: your GBC is also currently hosting a $30K BFL rig auction on ebay from a forum member in Canada, and I have serious inquiries from miners looking for ultra low cost miner hosting. Nice!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130993541777
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:18:08 PM

Since this relates to your share price and related fees to secure your shares, the following msg. was from a PM I sent a co-op member re: USD/BTC ratio and curency. The anonymous gentleman was asking about which exchange I was using to value the USD to BTC ratio since I was pricing shares for my 2nd GB in USD instead of BTC (TL;DR: As a GBC, it doesn't matter to me!):

"Here's another nice thing about this USD/BTC GB share model I suppose I'm helping to pioneer: since it's priced in USD, you just need to make sure that as long as you have X amount of USD or your natl. equiv. (in the range of $100-138 avail. per share) to ensure that you're getting the best price possible on your GB shares at the exact time you're ready to apply PayPal or BTC funds towards a GB; thereby allaying worries/distrust about BTC volatility on the part of both the GBC *and* the buyer!

As a GBC, I don't have to care about the ever changing BTC/USD exchange rate and variability across exchanges because you the buyer just need to get BTC in the amount that's equivalent USD value of your share(s), *when* you're ready to purchase your share(s). Since you have Coinbase, you should only be charged a 1% fee for the currency exchange, which appears to be the lowest cost & fastest method to buy BTC from a reputable source.
" - DZ
Commandermk

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:27:39 PM

I am in for a Bitmine solution, if they are still offering confirmed Dec 2013 shipping dates.
On the issue of a CoinCraft Rig vs. Desk. I'm in for whichever one has the lowest GH/$ cost.

The Desk has a higher confirmed Turbo hashrate, but based on the quote below wouldn't the Rig have more overhead for Turbo mode?
Therefore might it be possible for the Rig to have a lower GH/$ cost while running in Turbo mode?

I posted in the official Bitmine CoinCraft thread asking for the Turbo hashrate of the Rig. I would like to hear some official response on this issue before we order,
but I am in for Bitmine either way.

3. Are the hashing cards for Coincraft Rig and Coincraft Desk compatibile?
Good question, we should add it to the FAQ. Actually no, they are completely different designs: the desk is cheaper and uses less chips running at higher power usages while the rig is more expensive, has an higher amount of chips and they're running cooler.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: